How I Met Your Mother Hot Shots: Barney Gives a History Lesson, as the Gang Plots a Break-Up

Et tu, Ted?

Based on these photos from the March 19 episode of CBS’ How I Met Your Mother, it’s the toga party to end all toga parties when Barney shares a history lesson on the origin of the “Broath.”

What brings about this highly fabricated refection on Caesar’s salad days? It could be because the gang has set out to break up Barney and Quinn, upon learning that the kindred spirits are planning to move in together.

All we know is that somehow, in this version of ancient Rome, ninjas are involved.

TAGS:
GET MORE: Photo Gallery

1. Little Scarf Girl says:

I do like the ones of the gang with the book and robes (though who knows what the heck they’re doing) and Robin looks a bit better (although her clothes still seem too big or something) and admittedly, Barney and Quinn are kind of cute together. Of course, that doesn’t mean any of this story makes sense. (Although if you swapped Quinn for Robin, these photos would be super cute. With the high-five and all that…)

But yeah, I’m still not sure why Barney is rushing into this. Why doesn’t he see that Quinn is probably still just playing with him? Why is he convinced he’s ready to move in with some girl he barely knows, and is having cocktails with his friends over at her apartment like it’s the most normal thing ever? Thank goodness the gang is going to try to break them up, but chances are, they’re going to be unsuccessful. We need an intervention here, folks! If the gang didn’t think Ted should marry Stella, they sure as heck better oppose to Barney moving in with Quinn.

2. Svenja says:

Why are the writers rushing this Quinn thing? It’s weird that he suddenly wants to move in with her. Apparently the gang seems to be uncomfortable with her. Weird. I liked Quinn, but this is just confusing me here.
    We’ll see, I hope the gang will be successful. We need a big legendary intervention here…

3. Sue mc says:

I think they are moving fast so that there is potential in the audience’s mind for Quinn to be the bride in the promised season finale wedding flashforward.

Also the actress has been cast in a pilot also produced by the makers of HIMYM so i don’t see how they can continue Quinn storyline into next season. It all
    seems to suggest a (not all that surprising) B/R reunion in the finale. Here’s
    hoping!

4. Tommy says:

Looks like the Broath is being done on the Bro Code.

5. Marcie says:

Though I don’t want Barney to end up with Quinn, Becki Newton sure does light up every shot. She would have fit well into this show.

6. Matt says:

Yes! I really like Becki Newton! Apart from Victoria, she is my favorite girlfriend character the show has ever had. I hope they decide to bring her back if her pilot doesn’t get picked up and if they haven’t exhausted her story by the end of the season.

7. Tegan says:

Okay Robin looks downright CRAZY in that shot with her and Quinn! Here’s hoping for that nutjob-in-denial-jealousy we always get from her :) They’re obviously rushing this so that everyone thinks Quinn’s the bride…. I’m still hoping Barney ends up with Robin. :)

8. james says:

cant wait for the new episode… does anyone know any good links for theories?

9. Michelle says:

I am not sure how the writers are achieving it but the show on the one hand seems to be moving really slow and in the other too rushed.

Examples of too rushed.
    1) Without prior warning or hint, Ted is suddenly back in love with Robin (No, I don’t think symphony of illumination was a hint as he said he would have done that for marshall because he is a good friend)
    2) What’s his face doctor proposing to Robin, did they ever even show them kissing, holding hands or even hugging. If they did it did not stand out as believable feelings and chemistry. Atleast not believable enough Robin would date him (regardless of barney)
    3) Barney obsessed with Quinn and moving in together. I know they are trying to change Barney but this is too ridiculous. I would think it more believable if there where more episodes in between to show barney likes Quinn for more then the great bed experience and ego stroaking. This makes him shallower than ever before, instead of making him grow as a person.