Exclusive: Most of Downton Abbey Cast Re-Signs Through Season 5! Who's Holding Out?

Downton Abbey Seasons 4 and 5Heirs shmeirs! Whether it’s Matthew or the man without a face who inherits it, the future of Downton Abbey is secure!

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that most of the principal cast of PBS’ cultural phenomenon — including Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary), Elizabeth McGovern (Cora), Hugh Bonneville (Robert), Joanne Froggatt (Anna) and Brendan Coyle (Bates) — have inked new deals through the show’s fourth and fifth season.

Those who have yet to sign on the dotted line (the key word there being yet) are Dan Stevens (Matthew), Siobhan Finneran (O’Brien) and Jessica Brown Findlay (Lady Sybil).

Abbey to Take on Mad Men at the Emmys!

The cast’s original pacts carried them through the currently-in-production Season 3 (slated to air stateside in January 2013). The new contracts were inked despite the fact that Abbey has yet to be officially renewed beyond Season 3.

Last month’s Season 2 finale drew a series-best 5.4 million viewers and earned PBS its best numbers in three years.

Comments (137)

• C’mon Dan!

Comment by NCSouthernBelle – March 2, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Highest ratings ever? Then keep it up by putting the Titanic Series on in April.
      Jullian Fellowes did a great jobs with it, I seriously hope PBS pops it online as well.
      Some of us don’t own televisions:) We’re children of the net.
      I can’t believe I have to wait until September for season 3 of Downton! UGH!

Comment by Maya Madelene – March 4, 2012 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ahhhh, but you can watch season three! I got it off iTunes. Sure I paid or it but so worth it!

Comment by Jeanee – June 21, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not Sept 2012 but Jan 2013. That is sad.

Comment by Lucy – July 12, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I understand the feeling… having had to wait until September for Season 3 of Downton Abbey, but I’m in the States. I had to wait until this month (February 2013) for Season 3. September doesn’t look so back.

Comment by Jacqueline – January 12, 2013 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you don’t just to to http://www.video.pbs.org. I don’t have cable or satellite either and just finished watching the whole season.

Comment by SCMOM – February 22, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lest we forget, Downton Abbey is the main character. If the storyline stays true to that, then the show can continue indefinitely. Having said that, Mathew has to come back in season 3. and finally marry Mary. Dragging this romance our any further, and it will loose credibility. Now Thomas, can a leopard really change its spots, and will he stay in service, or find other paths for his conniving mind? And what about Daisy? I think all the main characters are excellent, but can we lose Edith, or Sybil and Branson? The obvious is to exploit the Irish problem, but I always questioned why if Branson was such an Irish patriot, why he was even in England, let alone romancing an marrying a member of the English upper crust. Shirley Mclaine will definitely add a whole new dimension as Lord Gratham’s mother in law.

Comment by Sheila Ricca ricca – March 4, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I came on the site to find out if there will be a Season 3 and happily find there will be a 4 & 5. Hooray!! Season two was truly spellbinding. The last two hours were sheer pleasure. That ending set me up with loads of romantic daydreams. It was perfect as are Michele D. & Dan. Love them all, but those two are just wonderful.

Comment by Kay Marinn – March 13, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tbh, the only one that matter is Maggie Smith and whether or not she has signed on for more.

Comment by Tess – March 2, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is Maggie Smith the only one that matters? Do you watch the show? She’s great but she comes in with her one liners but the stories hardly rely on her. I think losing Michelle Dockery would be a bigger loss. Thank God she signed on.

Comment by ML – March 2, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen to that. This show is *nothing* without Michelle Dockery. She is the heart of this show. Plus, the only reason I tune in.
        And of course Maggie Smith. I’m sure the rest signed on again..

Comment by Maria – March 2, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True, she’s the first reason I started watching Downton Abbey.

Comment by Tr – March 2, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No way: it is Edith that I watch this series for!!Her character keeps getting better and better as the series goes on!!

Comment by Debra – February 18, 2013 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen

Comment by Duda – March 2, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think losing Dame Maggie would be like when ‘The Sopranos’ lost Nancy Marchand. The series kept going, but never quite as good as it was initially.

Comment by Heather – March 2, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ITA. I personally would miss Hugh Bonneville the most if he left.

Comment by Marcie – March 2, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great! But what about Maggie Smith?

Comment by kt – March 2, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see the name “Maggie Smith” on either list. On the other hand, her character isn’t getting any younger. On the third hand, she’s one of the series’ most valuable assets.

Comment by te – March 2, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show!!! Hopefully Maggie Smith is in as well! I wonder how the show could fare without Matthew…I think it could get by without Sybil and O’Brien….but I do love them!

Comment by Shazay – March 2, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maggie Smith?? Laura Carmichael?? Penelope Wilton?? What about them?

Comment by Irishgirl – March 2, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sophie McShera. Jim Carter. Phyllis Logan. There are so many people, and I hope to see them all willing to return at least, so the story can do what it does.

Comment by Ben – March 2, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!! This show is nothing without Maggie Smith and Dan Stevens (and Elizabeth McGovern and Hugh Boneville). He (Dan) for sure will sign.

Comment by Alenis Escudero – March 2, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right! Plus I mainly watch DA because of Matthew and Mary. Julian Fellowes can always write
      a superb after-the-wedding storyline about them.Please powers-that-be,sign on Dan Stevens
      and Maggie Smith for seasons 4 & 5.

Comment by shirley – March 22, 2012 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dan Stevens has left the building……………..that is, Downton Abbey!

Comment by charles salverde – February 12, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, what about Maggie Smith? She’s the best part.

Comment by Montie – March 2, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Allen Leech? He’s a series regular for season 3 but will he be back for 4 and 5?

Comment by Chris – March 2, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope Allen’s back! He’s my favorite character.

Comment by Ashton – March 2, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Had to guess, I’d say Dan Stevens’ new management is looking over the contract, and the delay is probably financially-related (his stock…increased tremendously after S2 ;).

Wonder if the other two holdouts have similar management (though I honestly don’t think JBF wants to stay that long…)

Comment by Pixley – March 2, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lady Sybill, my favorite character. I imagine they are trying to pay her a lot less than others because she’s so far not seen as a central character. But if they keep going forward in time by years each season, she will become very important to the show.

Comment by Mr Loiter – March 2, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica’s probably getting so many offers elsewhere but I hope she signs on because that will most likely confirm that her character will survive season 3. Which is growing concern. Fellowes loves to make us cry and if they kill off Sybil or her husband Tom, I’d probably way less interested in this show. Same goes for Maggie Smith.

Comment by Amy – March 2, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Sybil/Branson,I’m rooting for them and their marriage. Really hope they don’t kill off Sybil and leave him grieving with a new baby.

Comment by Ashton – March 2, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m more worried about the opposite – I’m waiting for them to kill off Branson and leave Sybil crawling back to Downton. *shudder*

Comment by SidheRa – March 2, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too. Since Dublin was the site of violent outbursts, I’m afraid that they’re going to send Sybil back to Downton with the baby in any case. After all, Branson is protective of her and certainly would want his baby out of harm’s way. And then he could get killed. Either way, it’d be terrible.

Comment by Waytogohomesteader – March 3, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That would be terrible. Tom has one of the most interesting storylines IF Julian Fellowes does NOT mess with Tom’s plotline like he did with Season 2. I’m glad he is now a main character, it’s about time! We know he’s political and now a journalist. This could mean some REALLY good scenes with the Irish conflict and him being married to an English aristocrat with a baby on the way. Not to mention a lack of serious eye candy if Allen Leech was not there. :-)

Comment by Elle – March 4, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Irish angle with Sybil/Branson has a lot of possibilities. I am guessing one of the two will be back during and after the troubles and perhaps in Season 4, will move to the USA. This would be an ideal scenario, comparing life in the US with England. I want to see ALL the actors back. They are all superb, starting with Maggie Smith.

Comment by Scotsman – March 3, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • nice prediction!

Comment by joy – October 15, 2012 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too,I’m over the Matthew/Mary and Bates/Anna plots.Just get on with it!Let’s see the others get their screen time like Sybil/Tom, lots to work with re:their characters with the Irish War.And the villians need more to do!:-) Not everyone thinks Mary hung the moon,she’s my least fave even tho Michelle Dockery is great.

Comment by doc – March 2, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, she’s my least favorite too.

Comment by Mary – March 2, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re wrong Doc, Mary does hang the moon!!! :-)

Comment by Lisa – March 6, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I bet Sybyl will die during childbirth and I bet the kid will be sent to downtown because Tom will go mad and do something crazy – he’s socialist , not a lunatic hahahaha!
      I for one love Jess and I think Allan in great too.
      My have is Daisy, Mary and Maggie

Comment by Maya Madelene – March 4, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • guessing Dan is looking for more money since he is the star of the show and Jessica is looking at other offers…idk why the hell Siobhan is holding out

Comment by ggny – March 2, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way is Dan Stevens “the star” if there is a star. Was it ever established that Matthew’s dead father was an only child. Guess we are about to find out there was an off-screen cousin of Matthew’s who is young and middle class (perhaps they’ll cast a natural blonde this time).

Comment by Heather – March 2, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How can you say that Matthew(Dan Stevens)is not one of the main stars when he is the HEIR to DA?? There would have been no story at all without that character!!I would say he is a very CENTRAL character and therefore the star(amoung others).

Comment by Lisa – March 6, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • also i would like to know about the other key characers…The Earl,Carson,Daisy,Edith,Thomas are they all already signed on?

Comment by ggny – March 2, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lets hope Thomas returns, there is a hero there somewhere.

Comment by William Moran – March 2, 2012 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THOMAS AND EDITH! that’s who I ship! :D

Comment by downton – March 3, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maggie smith is more than just the icing on the cake (best part in my opinion!); she does have substance in her part as the dowager. I would like to see a pre-season 1 series of downton focusing on Cora and her fortune which saves the estate and events leading up to season 1. We could finally see the original heir patrick and the crawley girls as children.

Comment by Anonymous – March 2, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maggie Smith has given substance to all kinds of parts for decades..she is and actress of remarkable talent and heads up the stellar cast.

Comment by William Moran – March 2, 2012 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What will Julien Fellows do to make Season 4 REAL? I wonder if Season 4 will fall flat?
        I’m not holding my breath!

Comment by charles salverde – February 12, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maggie Smith NEEDS to be in both of them as well as Jim Carter a.k.a Mr. Carson, Laura Carmichael and Jessica Brown Findlay, of course Dan Stevens and Allen Leech they ALL need to be in Downton Abbey series 4 and 5.

Comment by L2u9 – March 2, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Matthew… really feeling a David-Caruso-leaving-NYPD-Blue vibe coming off Dan Stevens and Lord knows it didn’t work for him when compared to his replacement, Jimmy Smits.

Comment by Heather – March 2, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Things did not work out well for David Caruso, but then again, George Clooney did leave ER, and that sure worked for him.

Comment by William Moran – March 2, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, but George stayed with ER for 4-5 yrs – David Caruso left NYPD after just one season, because he thought he could do better. Dan should stay a little longer, it will only increase his bankability…

Comment by Amber – March 3, 2012 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I wish him well. Very talented. Downton;s loss. I,too, think he left too soon.

Comment by charles salverde – February 12, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Also George Clooney already has some feature film success by the time he left ER.

Comment by Heather – March 5, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • dan stevens ist not george clooney, beg pardon.

Comment by kubelick – April 9, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where are you getting that from? He’s heavily used in the promo of the show still (recent photos published in the UK included him) and I’ve never heard on his twitter or anywhere else him knocking the show. His Twitter background has the DA poster! He’s always had nothing but good things to say about DA and his fellow cast members and with Caruso there were rampant rumors about his unhappiness on the set. Likely what’s causing the delay is the fact that he is with new management and there are *several* names missing, so this is not a comprehensive list. There is still more shooting to do with series 3 and at the end of the day, the following facts have been established in that Matthew is an only child, so losing Matthew means losing potentially the main heir to Downton and that combined with the fact that Matthew and Mary’s pairing in a main reason many people watch (won’t say everyone) and it’s in everyone’s best interest to work something out. At this point, I’m not concerned that the 3 in question won’t sign. I think if there was a good possibility they wouldn’t, Michael would not have added the yet but rather would have shown signs of concern. Just my opinion.

Comment by Sells – March 4, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Prediction for solving the heir issue if Dan Stevens makes the bad move of leaving. Matthew and Mary get married in Season III and if Dan Stevens won’t come back, just make Mary find out she’s pregnant and her son can be the heir.

Or they write out Cora (sorry Elizabeth McGovern), Robert gets remarried and fathers a son by his second wife.

Comment by Heather – March 5, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thomas? What about the evil, gorgeous, evil Thomas?

Comment by Rrrobertttt – March 2, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was impressed with the gay storyline there and then they cut it off.
      I’m not gay, but I really thought it was gutsy putting that into a period drama so maybe we need someone rich to ‘befriend’ Thomas and make him a man of money, then he can playboy it out a little more;)

Comment by Maya Madelene – March 4, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Divajt. I love Thomas as well. They need to give him a boyfriend, so he can break more ground. I think the Jimmy character, is finally befriending Thomas. And for now maybe a foundation is being established. The beating he took under the bridge was very well blocked.

Comment by Jt Wagner – January 29, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bates and Anna are all I need.

Comment by Kayla – March 2, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The ones not mentioned more than likely are back as their characters are growing in season 3 and are pretty popular with fans esp female ones lol…Allen Leech, Rob-James Collier etc. I would assume that the above mentioned holdouts are probably negotiating new terms with their agents. Dan signed with WME,let’s all hope he doesn’t see HWood dollar signs. He’s terrific as Matthew. Would hate to lose Maggie Smith.

Comment by sammy – March 2, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would be very surprised if Dan Stevens or Siobhan Finneran didn’t re-up with the show; they both have good, meaty storylines and their parts are great ways to advance their careers. I would guess that there may be logistics involved and that we shouldn’t jump to conclusions and assume they’re hold-outs.

Jessica B-F, on the other hand, strikes me as someone with a potentially big career who has never been critical to the main storylines in the show. If someone is going to take a risk and try to cash in on Downton before the show ends, my money is on her.

Comment by Jesse – March 2, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know Maggie Smith will return just for the sheer enjoyment of going head-to-head with Shirley Maclaine.

Comment by TheBeach – March 2, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How many seasons does a “mini series” have???

Comment by @ – March 2, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Downton Abbey is not, and never was, a mini-series, other than to American networks and awards ceremonies.

Comment by Ben – March 2, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Americans have a need to fit all programs into some category for awards season. Fact is we have nothing here that is in the same class as Downton Abbey….the 1939 classic GONE WITH THE WIND was put on film with loving care and the same careful attention to every frame. Other than that we do not seem to get this quality here..

Comment by William Moran – March 2, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i see ‘mad men’ as a similar quality period drama…different period/but painstaking attention to details & dynamics of the time…very similar in treating race/gender equality as DA treats class.

Comment by Cheri Campbell – April 14, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooo. Come on Dan and Jessica !! It wouldn’t be the same without either of you !

Comment by Sarah – March 2, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope all of the actors sign on for season 4 and 5. Downton Abbey has style and class. This show is superior in acting, storyline and holds your interest no matter how long the telecast. (Sometimes in the US on PBS it runs for 60 minutes or longer.) However, I have recently read the book, “The World of Downton Abbey” and got dvd season 1 and 2 to get current with the series. I only became a viewer for Season 2 Ep 2 to the end of Season 2. I hope they also keep the same writer, Mr. Julian Fellowes, going fwd. If any of the current cast members do not sign on for one reason or other, I hope the replacement will be of the same excellent acting ability. That is to say they will have style and class, (first rate)

Comment by claire – March 2, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t worry, I’m entirely certain that the show ends without Julian Fellowes.

Comment by Ben – March 2, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rob James-Collier?? D: don’t leave Downton, Thomas!! It needs you and your attitude!

Comment by Laurie – March 2, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Bates and Anna weren’t coming back neither was I. LOVE THEM.

Now we know for sure our Bates is set free. No one can write 3 seasons of a prisoner storyline.

Comment by Kate – March 2, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • all except knowing about maggie it fits perfectly. michael, i’m SO glad you got the scoop about the show. sybil will die in childbirth leaving branson and the family to fight about the baby (maybee aunt edith will raise the child). o’brien killed vera (with whom she had some sort of a relationship)and is in prison. matthew never gets to marry mary because patrick is real and returns to claim the estate. matthew returns to manchester to practice law. so, no harm, no foul. ?bad hypothesis?

Comment by sandy – March 2, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We need dan stevensn and thoas and obrien, mrs hughes and carson. Maggie smith character will most likely pass on to her heavenly reward either during S3 or S4.I can do without Daisy, Sybil and branson but I love them all. Isobel yes, dr, Mosely and Mrs Bird, meh.

Comment by joanna – March 2, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ALL of the actors on this show are excellent at their craft, every single one of them, that’s why they were chosen. The actors themselves have said that. It’s so refreshing to see even those with main roles realize that this is an ensemble cast and they all have a role in making Downton Abbey the great show that it is. No egos at play here. Here’s hoping that ALL of them will be returning for the extra seasons.

Comment by lizbit – March 2, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree wholeheartedly that all the actors and characters are superb!! This is the best Masterpiece Theatre I’ve seen to date and I’ve seen most of them, not that they aren’t all superlative! This series is like a well run ship each character fills his/her spot and leaves us (me anyway) waiting and wanting more. I hope this goes on way past 5 seasons, it gives us something to look forward to in the darkest days of winter! I love It!! All of it!! I watch each episode a few times, the first for the story line and the second or third times to take in all the wonders of Highclere Castle..the rugs, the furnishings, the opulent fairytale like rooms.. I for one will have serious withdrawal when this series if finally over..

Comment by Donna – January 29, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would be lost without all the characters. I am lost having to wait for Season 3. I cannot imagine Downton without Dan Stevens. Downton must run for decades!!!

Comment by Susan – March 2, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hope Matthew,john and anna return also maggie smith some talk that there is going to be a new footman a nephew to siobhan in real life.Cant wait for the new series to start again.

Comment by carla – March 13, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I started watching because of Dame Maggie Smith and Brandon Coyle.

Comment by Bonnie – March 2, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll live without Obrien

Comment by Rose – March 2, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh won’t you stay… just a little bit longer?

Comment by Mindy – March 2, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if dan stevens is having trouble finding a pen or something, i have one he can borrow. on a related note…2013?!?! ugh.

Comment by rachel – March 2, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i can survive without thomas and o’brien, but it won’t be downton abbey if anyone else leaves!

Comment by airhead – March 3, 2012 04:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there a way to watch it online? It’s not broadcasted in Argentina, and I’m dying to watch it!

Comment by Laura – March 3, 2012 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • go to pbs.org They allow the showing of the most recent episode for the week after.
      Last Sunday was the episode where the DA staff go to the faire, and this Sunday
      will be the last episode of season 3, so Monday you can watch that episode. In the US
      you can buy the DVDs at pbs.org. Don’t know how easy to receive them where you ar e.

Comment by Kathy B. – February 13, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope that Dan Stevens to sign on as well if there are more seasons to come. He and Michelle Dockery is so wonderful to see together and have a great chemistry between them so I would really miss it very much if I never again get to see more scenes with them together in any future seasons.

Comment by AnitaJ – March 3, 2012 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would be sad to lose Sybil, she is a gentle soul. We need at least one. O’Brien needs to be there, even though she drives me wild. Matthew should not go…come on Dan…Maggie is intregal…I am for no loses only gains. I still miss William and Lavinia. Hey, I miss Pharoah and I didn’t even know it wasn’t Isis…

Comment by Sue Klempan – March 3, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Downton Abbey airs on Film & Arts, for all of Latin america, including Argentina. Season two airs in May, if I’m not mistaken.

Comment by Pinnty – March 3, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you arre correct, i watch it here in Costa Rica

Comment by Carlos – June 7, 2012 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will not be surprised if some of the old casts will leave the show. The timeframe for DA is huuuge for every episode so we wouldn’t expect Violet Crawley to be alive by 1930s or 40s.

Comment by Mark – March 3, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank goodness for Michelle Dockery! She’s the heart and soul of this show. Everyone else is great, but it’s Michelle’s riveting performances that make this show extraordinary. Hope Dan signs on as well–their chemistry is so special.

Comment by Ellen – March 3, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan!! Don’t keep us waiting!! Put that ink down at once!! Dame Maggie, we love u!! :)

Comment by IheartLA – March 3, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This Okie is in love with Anna

Comment by William – March 3, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about the rumor that Hugh Grant was being wooed to play a cameo as King George V? That would be awesome. You can’t deny the show deserves something like that, it is so good.

Comment by taybad – March 3, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hugh Grant as King George V?! That seems like odd casting.

Comment by Julia VE – March 3, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! They are all fantastic actors. Hope Maggie Smith is back even if we see her once in a while. Bates, Thomas, Mary, Anna are my favourites and they’re all back, except Thomas. Hope that Maggie Smith has not decided to retire…

Comment by Scotsman – March 3, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • January 2013 seems like an eternity away. Why does it take so long to get it broadcast in the U.S.?

Comment by Julia VE – March 3, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I even love the reruns. I have spent many enjoyable hours watching. The whole cast is just wonderful. Can’t wait until Season 3 starts.

Comment by Judith Harrison – March 3, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • we can always keep our bad guy in Abbey. He has a way of stealing the seen. If he would be nice once in awhile, he could steal anyone women’s attention/heart. You know that newspaper man.

Comment by brenda – March 4, 2012 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My sister sent me the DVDs from Ireland. I cannot get enough of this show and sad that it will be until January, 2013 before it comes back. I love every character. I enjoy reading the comments on line too.

Comment by mary lyons – March 4, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE this show and don’t think I can wait until next January! I hope all the characters come back. It is a classic!

Comment by Catherine – March 4, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post