American Horror Story Scoop: Zachary Quinto Will Return in Season 2 - as a Series Regular!

Zachary Quinto American Horror StoryZachary Quinto is getting an American Horror Story promotion.

The Star Trek actor — who recurred in Season 1 as one of the ill-fated former owners of the Harmon house — will be upgraded to a lead role in Season 2, our sister site Deadline reports.

Details on his new character are scarce, but he will be a nemesis to fellow returnee Jessica Lange.

AHS co-creator Ryan Murphy is expected to additional returning castmembers at the show’s PaleyFest 2012 panel tonight in Beverly Hills, so stick close to TVLine for complete details.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News

1. bob says:

WTF? I wanted Peter Evans.

2. joão says:

yay \o

3. Amy says:

Best. News. Ever!

Jessica Lange and Zachary Quinto were my faves from season 1, so glad to know they are returning <3

4. nikki says:

Yes!!! Please bring back Evan Peters and Francis Conroy!!!!

5. Rolfe says:

Great news! Can’t wait to see what season two has in store!

6. jake says:

I want to see more of Zachary Quinto in movies and television — he’s a superb actor, even a better villain!

7. BubbaTim says:

Yay! Loved him in Season 1…can’t wait for 2!

8. EE says:

i’m confused so what do you mean exactly as “new” character? Is he still going to be the scorned gay guy?

9. theJadedRogue says:

YES! More Zach on my TV Screen is good news. As long as he can play Spock again, it’s brilliant.

10. d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

This is awesome. They’re bringing back all the scene steamers from season 1. Now all they need is Evan Peters and Lily Rabe (I think that’s her name) and it will be amazing.
    Maybe there plan is each season who ever does the best acting-wise will become a lead in the following season.

11. Frances says:

Am I the only person who HATES this whole “bringing back the same actors as different characters” thing? I’d be fine if they brought them back as the same characters, but as other characters? That’s stupid in my opinion. I mean, are these just going to be doppelgangers of their old characters? And especially since the show’s moving to a new setting it would make sense to bring in new actors.

12. @ says:

I would like to see him as a guess star on the big bang theory and become Sheldon’s new nemesis. BTW Im glad he is coming back to AHS.

13. Lizzie says:

AWESOME!!!!!! This is so exciting!!

14. Mel says:

While they’re at, hope they include actress Lily Rabe to return (the grieving 1920’s mother). She was amazing!

And might as well bring in Teddy Sears again to take off shirt again.

15. Giovanini says:

Do you people realize that Ryan said that there were clues on the last 2 episodes of season 1 of what season 2 will be about, and that in the series finale Constance and the gay guy (not remembering his name right now) fight over Tate’s baby!? and in this season they are going to be nemesis! my god, I’m so smart.

16. oh says:

Bring back the hot blonde gay guy.

17. Natasha says:

I really hope Billie Dean shows up to film her pilot for Lifetime.

18. deadXsquirrel1032 says:

I’m so confused they never really explained anything from the first season! Why are they starting over somewhere new and I love violet and Tate. There’s so many questions unanswered :(

19. deadXsquirrel1032 says:

I also agree with Frances if you’re gonna bring back actors they should be the same characters.

20. ugh says:

ugh. People are so close minded. The people who are saying how confusing or stupid the idea of changing characters but not actors is, you really don’t get it.

This is complete innovation on the directors part. It is GENIUS. Something completely new and fresh, not only for AHS but for all Tv shows ever made! No one has ever done this and I applaud the director. If he pulls this off, I know without a doubt he will be getting many raves from critics and even more golden globes, saturn awards, and more.

21. Cristy Allen says:

I was really hoping evan peters was gonna be in season 2* He is an excellent actor & he really made season 1 the best* I really hope season2 can live up 2 the same expectations*