American Horror Story Scoop: Zachary Quinto Will Return in Season 2 – as a Series Regular!

Get More: Casting News, News

Zachary Quinto American Horror StoryZachary Quinto is getting an American Horror Story promotion.

The Star Trek actor — who recurred in Season 1 as one of the ill-fated former owners of the Harmon house — will be upgraded to a lead role in Season 2, our sister site Deadline reports.

Details on his new character are scarce, but he will be a nemesis to fellow returnee Jessica Lange.

AHS co-creator Ryan Murphy is expected to additional returning castmembers at the show’s PaleyFest 2012 panel tonight in Beverly Hills, so stick close to TVLine for complete details.

Comments (32)

• WTF? I wanted Peter Evans.

Comment by bob – March 2, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. Because they’ve just been waiting for YOUR precious opinion.

Comment by watermelon – March 2, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I never said anyone was “waiting” for my comment (not opinion). Learn reading comprehension.

Comment by bob – March 2, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Who says Peter Evans won’t be in season 2? They just announced Zachary first.
          Now I am seriously stoked to see what happens in season 2. Jessica Lange and Zach Quinto as enemies…let the heads roll!!!!!

Comment by Kvivik – March 2, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • OOOPS. I was wondering who bob was talking about. Never dawned on me that the names were mixed up.
            I’d love to have Evan back too.

Comment by Kvivik – March 2, 2012 01:22 PM PDT
    • Also, his name is Evan Peters.

Comment by Serena – March 2, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Might still happen, never know!!

Comment by Lizzie – March 2, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay \o

Comment by joão – March 2, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best. News. Ever!

Jessica Lange and Zachary Quinto were my faves from season 1, so glad to know they are returning <3

Comment by Amy – March 2, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!! Please bring back Evan Peters and Francis Conroy!!!!

Comment by nikki – March 2, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! Can’t wait to see what season two has in store!

Comment by Rolfe – March 2, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see more of Zachary Quinto in movies and television — he’s a superb actor, even a better villain!

Comment by jake – March 2, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Loved him in Season 1…can’t wait for 2!

Comment by BubbaTim – March 2, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m confused so what do you mean exactly as “new” character? Is he still going to be the scorned gay guy?

Comment by EE – March 2, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! More Zach on my TV Screen is good news. As long as he can play Spock again, it’s brilliant.

Comment by theJadedRogue – March 2, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Awesome news! He was so good on this show!!!!!!

Comment by Mandy – March 2, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is awesome. They’re bringing back all the scene steamers from season 1. Now all they need is Evan Peters and Lily Rabe (I think that’s her name) and it will be amazing.
    Maybe there plan is each season who ever does the best acting-wise will become a lead in the following season.

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – March 2, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only person who HATES this whole “bringing back the same actors as different characters” thing? I’d be fine if they brought them back as the same characters, but as other characters? That’s stupid in my opinion. I mean, are these just going to be doppelgangers of their old characters? And especially since the show’s moving to a new setting it would make sense to bring in new actors.

Comment by Frances – March 2, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hates… possibly. I know a lot of people are disappointed though. I myself am excited, because it keeps the series fresh and makes sure it doesn’t drag. You should just think of it as one long episode of the Twilight Zone.

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – March 2, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep. The only one.

Comment by dee123 – March 2, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just think of it was a horror telenova

Comment by Amy – March 2, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see him as a guess star on the big bang theory and become Sheldon’s new nemesis. BTW Im glad he is coming back to AHS.

Comment by @ – March 2, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME!!!!!! This is so exciting!!

Comment by Lizzie – March 2, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While they’re at, hope they include actress Lily Rabe to return (the grieving 1920′s mother). She was amazing!

And might as well bring in Teddy Sears again to take off shirt again.

Comment by Mel – March 2, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you people realize that Ryan said that there were clues on the last 2 episodes of season 1 of what season 2 will be about, and that in the series finale Constance and the gay guy (not remembering his name right now) fight over Tate’s baby!? and in this season they are going to be nemesis! my god, I’m so smart.

Comment by Giovanini – March 2, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back the hot blonde gay guy.

Comment by oh – March 2, 2012 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope Billie Dean shows up to film her pilot for Lifetime.

Comment by Natasha – March 2, 2012 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so confused they never really explained anything from the first season! Why are they starting over somewhere new and I love violet and Tate. There’s so many questions unanswered :(

Comment by deadXsquirrel1032 – March 3, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also agree with Frances if you’re gonna bring back actors they should be the same characters.

Comment by deadXsquirrel1032 – March 3, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ugh. People are so close minded. The people who are saying how confusing or stupid the idea of changing characters but not actors is, you really don’t get it.

This is complete innovation on the directors part. It is GENIUS. Something completely new and fresh, not only for AHS but for all Tv shows ever made! No one has ever done this and I applaud the director. If he pulls this off, I know without a doubt he will be getting many raves from critics and even more golden globes, saturn awards, and more.

Comment by ugh – March 4, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really hoping evan peters was gonna be in season 2* He is an excellent actor & he really made season 1 the best* I really hope season2 can live up 2 the same expectations*

Comment by Cristy Allen – March 6, 2012 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post