Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Vampire Diaries, Glee, Once, Army Wives, White Collar and More

Which Vampire Diaries duo will be put to the test? What will it take to Collar Neal Caffrey? Is Glee going out with an emotional bang? Read on for those scoops plus other teases from TV’s hottest shows.

The Vampire Diaries | Kicking things off with a dip into the reader mailbag, Amy writes, “I didn’t like the way things ended with Klaus and Caroline. Please say they forgive and make up?” Oh, it’d be far too simple to just tell you what you want to hear. Instead, exec producer Julie Plec offers you this response: “Klaus definitely presents a seductive allure for Caroline, but she claims her heart belongs to Tyler — and in Episode 20, at the school’s decade dance, we’ll see that put to the test.”

The CW Sets Season Finale Dates for Vampire Diaries, Ringer, Supernatural and Other Shows

Parenthood | Many of you — in the wake of that roller coaster finale and given the fact that Jason Ritter booked a lead in Jason Katims’ medical drama pilot for NBC — are fearing the worst for Sarah and Mark, this despite the question he most romantically popped. But if the aforementioned County series does get picked up, at least the Parenthood pairing won’t end on a grisly term. “The good thing is that because they’re both Jason Katims and NBC/Universal Shows, it wouldn’t be a case of [Sarah] gets a phone call saying I was in a fiery car crash,” Ritter tells TVLine with a chuckle. “I’d be able to do some episodes to wrap it up naturally.”

Glee‘s Max Adler on Life After [Spoiler] and a Possible Kurt/Karofsky Romance

Glee | Yep, you’re just one week into the show’s seven-week spring break, but know this: A Glee insider tells me that Season 3’s final six episodes will be “super-emotional — everyone cries when they read [the scripts] — in a good, satisfying way.” Now remember, kids, don’t text-and-drive! (Oh, and Glee returns April 10.)

PaleyFest 2012: See Who Has RSVP’d for Once Upon a Time, Revenge and 11 Other Popular Panels

Revenge | Someone else named Matt emailed to ask, “Have we seen the last of Lydia Davis, played by the beautiful Amber Valetta? She seems to have just vanished after she awoke from her coma and escaped Victoria. Is she gone for good?” For good, no, though you will have to wait until early May – approximately Episode 20 or 21 – to see Conrad’s gal-on-the-side resurface. And said “return” might be in the form of, as reported by E!, an episode set entirely in 2003.

Hot Cast Photo: The Army Wives Have Season 6 Appeal

Army Wives | Maybe my defenses had just been freshly weakened by the Parenthood finale when I screened this Lifetime drama’s season opener, but whoa, a few of the scenes really packed a punch. When last we tuned in, it had been announced that Fort Marshall was closing, forcing the gals to part ways. The premiere picks up five months later, with Moving Day just around the corner, and one of the wives is in complete and total denial. Claudia Joy, meanwhile, is thrown an added twist when husband Michael shares some unexpected news. Oh, and did I mention the hurricane that is brewing and ultimately serves up, for starters, an extremely harrowing sequence involving two of the women and a child, and in the hour’s final seconds blindsides you with a shocking event. Natural disaster-based drama, I salute you!

White Collar Boss Previews Neal’s Season 4 Pursuit of His [Spoiler]

White Collar | If you’ve seen the stellar season finale, you know that Neal, with Peter’s blessing, is on the lam, off to some tropical paradise or another to dodge servitude to the FBI’s D.C. office. As such, series boss Jeff Eastin told us that the Season 4 opener “won’t take place on American soil.” So what will it take to get Neal back Stateside? How about a bloodhound of an Internal Affairs agent? The USA series has a casting call out for a G-man whose “fugitive capture rate is close to 100 percent ” — and he counts those he brings back (gulp) dead. Also to be cast for the summertime run: A career fugitive who is helping Neal and Moz lay low and throws a hella party, and a gorgeous local café owner with whom our No. 1 con man will canoodle.

Once Upon a Time Bosses Preview a Very Grumpy Outing and Tackle 6 Big Questions

Once Upon a Time | During a confab with the series’ creators, we asked why, when Mary Margaret and David finally shared a smooch some weeks ago, it wasn’t a grand moment of enlightenment à la when Sideways Sawyer and Juliet touched hands. Edward Kitsis answered, “It wasn’t an ‘a-ha’ moment for them because the curse hasn’t been broken yet — and clearly they’re not the keys to breaking it. They were just the keys to making the savior.” So, maybe that savior – aka Emma – is the one who needs to share “true love’s first kiss” to start unraveling the queen’s curse…? “That is an interesting question,” Kitsis allowed. “Unfortunately, Kathryn’s disappearance is going to take up a lot of Emma’s time,” meaning no lives-changing romance for the sexy sheriff just yet!

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around! (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and Michael Maloney)

1. Ella says:

Why are we back to Neal hooking up with randoms? Here we have a character that has come a long, long way, including a somewhat stable, interesting relationship with an independent and smart woman, and now we’re regressing again.

• Efb07c says:

I totally agree. I really want Neal and Sara to work in the long run and they finally got everything out in the open. Why does Jeff Eastin need to jeopardize that? Neal is plenty sexy on his own without having scenes of canoodling. Trust me, we’ll all still be interested in the show without that. Besides that, I can’t wait for season 4! Three more months, gah!

• timotey says:

Well, I don’t want them to hook up *shrugs* I like them as friends but not as a couple. And considering that she had a fiancé, broke up with him, went out with Neal, broke up with him, went back to her old BF and broke up with him again, what’s wrong with Neal showing interest in someone else? To each their own.

2. Ella says:

Someone is dying on Army Wives….I’m calling it now

3. maria adams says:

Oh! I CAN’T WAIT until Klaus and Caroline have scenes together again!!! The writers will take advantage of their popularity and tease us…I’m getting the feeling that they’re going make their story line long and drawn out until the fans can’t stand it any longer before this couple actually unites OR Ignites;);) is more like it!!! Whew!! can you imagine the sexual tension between these two!!!?? When they eventually get together!!! we will forget all of the other couples!!! Stelena,and Delena who! All of the fans on youtube, tumbler, fanfiction,tweets, and other websites will be in a frenzy:0

4. Tom says:

Are you kidding me with this question? Who should forgive who? Caroline had every right to try to help kill Klaus. This is the same man that murdered Jenna, Elena and Tyler. Turned Stefan back into a Rippah and even his mother is horrified over what he has done over the last 1000 years! Klaroline is complete character assassination for both characters.

5. JL says:

As I watch Angel and Buffy. I remember the days when people actually cared more about character development and a great SL. Now people seem to want to ship every character together on the show. If Klaroline ever happened. That would be the nail in the coffin for me watching TVD!

• Bug says:

OMG. Those two shows were the basis of some of the most contentious ship-wars, ever.

I know plenty of people who said the whole, “If TPTB do Spuffy, I’ll never watch again!” Guess what? As distasteful as that was to some, I think that was the start of some wonderful Character Development for both of them.

• Ariel says:

So so true! I don’t get the ship wars at all. What I don’t get is when they stick someone like Elena flat dead in middle zone and paralyze the whole thing for ages. That’s too real life for me. Things should happen on TV. Nothing has been happening this whole season with Elena except she’s gotten consistently more annoying and I’m wishing Damon would just make her suck his blood and break her neck so the ball can get rolling again in SOME direction. Human Elena is just too pathetic at this point. I miss Katherine!

6. boten says:

Crying??? I thought Glee was supposed to be a comedy…

7. Cynthia says:

Ugh…I’m not really happy with those WC scoops :/

8. IvanaDyP says:

Klasu & Caroline! YES! YES! YES! *happy dancing* <3333

9. Nick says:

Yet nothing worth reading the scoop about…

10. Jerri says:

On Army Wives: I’m guessing Michael decides to retire. It’s not like he can get promoted anywhere higher than his current rank.

11. Ariel says:

I found Elena’s actions to be most frustrating in the last episode. Too much of a control freak and really just a buzz kill. I wish they’d turn her into a vampire so she could get a little bit more Katherine and a little less woe is me what’s the right thing to do.

12. jennk says:

Is hilarie burton suppose to be back on white collar next year? i hated her on one tree hill but i love her on white collar.

13. ripleyaeryn says:

I’d rather seeing a love triangle between Sage, Klaus and Damon than Tyler, Klaus and Caroline ! I don’t get why so many people hate Tyler, almost no one understand his difficult situation.

14. Julie says:

So Glee will make you cry huh? (I say “you” because I don’t watch the show anymore) I miss how it once was a comedy and how it has become more of a drama. That’s the only thing that makes me laugh now actually….
    I’m kinda sad that Mary and David weren’t really the key since the story started with them…. but I live on the hope that their kiss(es) haven’t meant much yet because they aren’t really in true love just yet and that this coming kiss where they’ll be their one and only forever will be the real key! I really just think that Emma was the savior because her presence is what’s bringing everyone in the town come together.

15. Redcatlady says:

I think this next season of White Collar will get dicier than anybody realizes. Kramer is manipulating both Neal and Peter, using them to smoke out the real target: Neal’s father, who Kramer believes is still alive — and who also turns out to be PETER’S father! Peter’s words to Neal about “blood” not determining who you turn out to be made me think he might’ve been adopted, and Peter comes across as the type who never needed to know who his bio parents were. But now he and Neal get hit in the face with this, and have to process this at the same time they try to take down Kramer.

16. Love once upon a time says:

If Emma is snow whites daughter, Henry is then snows grandson which would also makes him Reginas step great grand child? But she dosent know that Henry is in fact snows grand child as she does not know who Emma is just that she is henrys birth mother. I think rumple is aware of this and thinks it funny that Regina is protecting something that would destroy if she knew.