Tree Hill Video: Clay Comes Clean About [Spoiler]

Get More: First Look, Video

One Tree Hills ninth and final season continued its no-holds-barred approach to drama this week when it was revealed that Logan, the unbelievably adorable kid in the town’s psychiatric hospital, is actually — Spoiler Alert! — Clay’s son. But what happens next Wednesday (The CW, 8/7c) when Quinn discovers the truth?

Press PLAY below to watch Clay come clean about the child he has unintentionally shunned for the past five years (who does that?!), and then hit the comments with your thoughts on what might actually be one of Tree Hill‘s most out-there stories ever.

Loading video...

Comments (35)

• yea that was crazy. didn’t see that coming… but what the hell was with chase beating chucks dad with a crowbar. really?? he couldn’t have just called the cops first? seemed a little much

Comment by Allison – March 1, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah that was so over the top! The blood was spattered all over his face!!!

I was just waiting for that Logan revelation to happen for weeks! Someone made that assumption in an online discussion when Logan was first on the show and I was like huh out there but kinda possible and then it was just really clear that that was where they were going.

Comment by Philipp – March 1, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had the feeling OTH finally jumped the shark last night. It’s not enough that Nathan has been kidnapped by members of the Serbian mob(?), Brooke also has to face her creepy attacker. Next to that we find out that Clay blocked his son out for five years???? Yeah, right…
      But the most shocking thing was Chase with his blood spattered face. Really? So he couldn’t just call the police after Chuck was safe??? Totally out of character for someone who used to be a member of the Clean Teens in high school and in this five years never appeared as someone who could murder another human being.

Comment by Daniela – March 1, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I absolutely agree with the comment by Daniela…the show has jumped the shark with this story line. And the Nathan kidnapping is so unrealistic…wouldn’t Brooke and everyone involved in the story put all of their lives on hold to rally around Haley? And the story line with Brooke…if this guy just got out of prison, she could have a restraining order against him in a heart beat…does anyone believe that Julian could be a “tough guy?” Easy to tell that the story is ending…not good writing at all!

Comment by ceil – March 1, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Clay forgetting his son is actually realistic if he suffered a psychotic break when His wife died. It is not unusual for someone after a very traumatic event to block out memories or forget who people are.

Comment by Peach – March 1, 2012 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AGREE! However, might as well enjoy the crazy drama for a few more episodes until the show goes off the air. That’s why I’m trying not to complain too much.

Comment by LaurenMC – March 2, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ummmm, oth jumped the shark YEARS ago but yeah. intense is what they were going for this season.

Comment by lorna – March 7, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had already guessed that he was Clay’s son. Why else would he be there talking to him all the time?

Comment by C.C. – March 1, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think she’ll be okay with it. She’s stuck with him through everything else, and he wasn’t neglecting his son on purpose.
    Sure, this story is crazy and unbelievable, but it’s One Tree Hill. Logan is so adorable that I’m definitely okay with him being Clay’s son. I’m not, however, okay with whoever dyed his hair.

Comment by Amy – March 1, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m glad someone else noticed Logan’s hair issue…weird. Cutest kid ever though. I agree w/you. Quinn’s stuck w/Clay through EVERYTHING. I don’t see her leaving now. And again, it’s not like he ignored Logan on purpose, though I wonder why Sara’s parents or the shrink didn’t try and “remind” Clay again about Logan on & off over the last 5 years… seems like something you’d do, but as everyone else has pointed out, this is Tree Hill… Can’t wait for next week! So many story lines that I’m dying to see more of. GREAT final season!

Comment by Angela – March 1, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!i did not see it coming. i kept thinking to myself these past few episodes, i hope that Clay ends up adopting this kid… but to find out its his!! omg!! i just dont know whats gonna happen! and to quote Meg Masters, yes! this kid is THE most adorable thing i have ever seen in my life! lol

Comment by Jared – March 1, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even with the clues last week (naming him after his favourite comic book hero), I was still shocked. And oh my god, Chase. A bat I would get but a metal crowbar?? Dude..

Comment by Dawn – March 1, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did not see it coming at all. I honestly thought he was an illusion that was just in Clay’s head, or that he was a past Clay that was there to help him come up with Answers. I did not see him at all being Clay’s son. Mostly because how do you forget that you have a baby. I understand he was in shock and he was devistated by Sarah’s death, but Ouch, to forget you have a son.

Comment by Carm – March 1, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t completely sure if Logan was a figment of Clay’s imagination or what. Unfortunately, found this out via a Twitter spoiler :( before seeing last night’s episode (not a news source, but East Coast viewer). I hadn’t quite guessed that’s where this was going b4 that. But, wouldn’t there have been PICTURES of the 3 of them for Clay to find at some point? Since we’ve seen him pull out a picture or 2 of him & Sara during the last few years.

Comment by Angela – March 1, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • shocking story line yes… most shocking for One Tree Hill no, does no one remember the dog that ate Dan Scott’s heart!!

Comment by Brit – March 1, 2012 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Brit: This story has nothing to do with the dog.
      This storyline is simply awesome, best twist in a while and after Sarah’s arc in season 7, they finally gave Clay some good stories.
      This season is amazing, best of the last 3 years and one of the best ever, period.

Comment by giokn90 – March 1, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And yeah, the story is clearly over the top, but it’s well written and this is a tipical OTH twist.
    He had a trauma related to Sarah’s death, and i challenge anyone to face something like that, and the trauma leaded to a psycolical issue.
    And this issue took Clay to block his son to deny to himself all the pain.
    It’s over the top, but it’s an amazing storyline and i simply love it.

Comment by giokn90 – March 1, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is Peyton soming back or not because everyone says no,but I read something somewhere that made it sound like she was coming back.Maybe they are trying to keep it a surprise…

Comment by Cory – March 1, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blah I miss The Guiding Light

Comment by Susan Francine Garcia – March 1, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally thought the kid was a figment of clays imagination, didn’t see that one coming.

I’m still worried that It’s Hayley who will die, and that will break my heart.

Comment by Diane – March 1, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nah, my friends and I are positive that Dan is going to redeem himself for years of bad behavior… But then die in the process. I guess we’ll see.

Comment by caroline – March 1, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. Dan is gonna rescue Nathan and die doing it. Redemption.

Comment by Barbara – March 1, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also think that Dan will die saving Nathan. And I so did not see this coming about Logan being Clays son. The whole time I was just hoping he would adopt him. But then again, I have not been too invested in this whole Clay storyline this season, until this episode.

Comment by sherknd – March 1, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At this point, I don’t care who dies, I just want someone to kick the bucket. We’ve known for so long that someone was going to, I wish it would happen already.

Glad to hear that I’m not the only one who thought Logan was a figment of Clay’s imagination.

Mark has had countless opportunities to kill off Dan and hasn’t, I don’t think he is going to now. It is too obvious. I think it’s going to be Julian defending Brooke and the babies.

Comment by Bri – March 1, 2012 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on guys
    I had already guessed that he was Clay’s son. Why else would he be sharing the same passion for the plane and logan was clay favorite super hero remember wolfverine and batman, and as for chase, do you remember Chase is the only guy we did not see the parents at some stage and he is close to chuck because he suffer the same path I guess, is guess his dark bloody face is a give away about bad events in his life coming out of the closet and that should help him to have a less sentence i guess if he had to be jail, i have to give it to the wrtter from fun with Chris K. to the opposite.

Comment by franck – March 1, 2012 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i was in the same boat on the whole Logan=Clay’s figment of imagination/younger self
    SOO Surprised by this turn of events and happy because Logan is the most adorable kid out there (alongside young jamie =D)

Comment by fiona – March 1, 2012 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is really too much. I can buy that he had a psychological meltdown and blocked out the baby after his wife died suddenly. But I cannot buy the rest of it. Are you telling me no one he knew – not his family, friends, or doctors – could help him deal with this 5 years earlier? They let him go off and be a sports agent in another town none the wiser about his baby and mental problems? They let the kid rot in foster care? THIS MAKES NO SENSE. Sorry.

Comment by LaurenMC – March 2, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say that this is the first time since Clay’s character has been introduced that I’ve actually been interested in his storyline. I, for one, did not see the Logan thing coming at all I thought the reveal was done really well. However, as for the rest of the storylines… while Joy’s acting has been flawless, the Nathan kidnap storyline is just too cliche for me. The guys with the accents, the rogue cop who is somehow in on it… No thank you. Brooke should just get a restraining order on Xavier instead of having to deal with him stalking her and the restaurant. And I am not buying Julian as the tough guy. You can’t take him from being the guy he was when he was there for Brooke and Sam to being the nerdy, goofy guy in the dog suit and then try to stick him back in the tough guy role. Not pleased. I have to say that the only thing I like about Chase is his relationship with Chuck but this was completely overboard. I hope that the dad’s not actually dead and he just beat him unconscious or something…

Comment by Jen – March 2, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling that Chase was abused as a child. That is why he reacted the way he did.

Comment by Jet – March 4, 2012 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know the name of the song that was played when clay was standing outside logans room when remembering hes his son?

Comment by Mark – March 5, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The name of the song is Sorrowing Man by City and Colour from the 2011 CD Little Hell.

Comment by Heidi – March 10, 2012 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this is a good season so far! Totally didn’t see that being Clay’s son! I’m hoping with this Nathan thing Dan will save him & finally redeem himself. I really don’t get why ppl are so bothered by Chase using a crow bar on Chuck’s dad. Someone who beats their kid deserves worse! Chase is very attached to that kid so what did y’all expect when he could hear him getting beat up??

Comment by Courtney – March 8, 2012 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would also like to know what the song is that is playing near the end of the show when Clay is standing outside Logan’s room looking at him?

Comment by Heidi – March 10, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when i watch one tree hill i watch it to watch it. i don’t bother analyzing it afterwards (unlesss for spoilers) because analyzing the reasons for everything that happens on a show ruins it. Its TV. Things are going to happen that will make it good. One Tree Hill is amazing at that. I absolutely love this show! The last 2 episodes better be amazing because i have no idea what I’ll watch once this show is gone :( looks like i get to focus more on TVD but no show will ever match OTH…as for Logan…He is the cutest kid there is on TV.

Comment by Anna – March 26, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you, no need to analyze it’s just TV

Comment by Amy – September 4, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post