Castle to Host Firefly Reunion With Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin

Get More: Casting News, Scoop

Firefly fans, rejoice: Mal and Jayne are coming together again — on ABC’s Castle.

In his first post-Chuck gig, Adam Baldwin will be reunited with his former sci-fi series co-star Nathan Fillion on the hit ABC drama.

As first reported by TV Guide Magazine, Baldwin will guest-star in a spring episode of Castle as a “rough-and-tumble” detective named Ethan Slaughter. (John Casey would approve, no?)

Slaughter is said to show Castle a dirtier side of law enforcement, one that gives him a new, dangerous perspective on future cases that will ultimately put the mystery writer in harm’s way by season’s end.

Baldwin and Fillion also starred together in Firefly‘s 2005 big-screen foray, Serenity.

Comments (87)

• “That’s the last time you get to call me that”

Comment by Inara – March 2, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love me some Jayne and some Casey!!!!!!!!!!! Goooooooo Castleeee

Comment by Sara – March 2, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shiny :-D

Comment by LaurenC – March 2, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan must have been thinking of Adam’s family when he got him this gig. I doubt he did it as a favor to Mr. Baldwin. That man is absolutely reprehensible.

Comment by ghost – March 2, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the best Castle news we can get until some Caskett babies start arriving…

Comment by Alicia – March 2, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By the way, I just got Hero of Canton OUT of my head, and now you’ve put it back in.

Comment by Alicia – March 2, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The picture with this story cracks me up – it doesn’t seem that long ago that “Firefly” was on, but look how young they are!

Comment by lariet50 – March 2, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GLORIOUS! Very excited!

Comment by Cass – March 2, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay! i’ve been missing adam baldwin and his casey-grunts

Comment by airhead – March 3, 2012 03:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching Castle this season (I was never able to get into it as much as I wanted to and really only watched for Nathan Fillion because I hate Beckett), but I will have to tune in for this! I’m sure there will be a Firefly/Serenity reference at least once.

Comment by Lindsey – March 3, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELL YEAH!!!

Comment by Jelena – March 5, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gonna tune in only for this reunion and that’s it. This season it’s absolutely clear Castle jumped the shark. Last season they made the Beckett character (who never been exactly well written and acted) totally unlikable and unrelatable. This season they assasinated Castle, who used to be fun and sparkling, and it made the show unwatchable at last. I stopped watching several episodes back, then tuned in for the two-parter… which was laughably horrible. No continuity, no character development, just feeling embarassed for the actors now.

Comment by dd – March 8, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • want new firefly shows

Comment by darryl – October 9, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post