TVLine Items: Big American Horror Story Scoop, NBC Slots Erica Durance Drama and More!

American Horror Storys second season will be all about Jessica Lange.

Executive producer Ryan Murphy has confirmed that the Oscar-winning actress, who won both a Golden Globe and SAG Award for her work on the FX thriller, will be back for Season 2 in a big way.

“We have designed the second season of American Horror Story completely around her [brand new] character,” Murphy tells EW.com. “This will really be the Jessica Lange show so I’m very excited about it. We are designing this amazing new opposite-of-the-Constance character for her.”

The EP also announced that he will reveal the identities of the three other actors who have signed on to return for Season 2 this Friday at the American Horror Story PaleyFest panel, so stick close to TVLine for the scoop.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

NBC has picked up a 13-episode season of Saving Hope, a Toronto-based drama starring and produced by Smallville vet Erica Durance. The project centers on a surgeon (Durance) whose comatose fiancé (played by fellow Smallville alum Michael Shanks) wanders various wards as a spirit. Vampire Diaries’ Daniel Gillies also co-stars. The series is set to bow this summer on both NBC and Canada’s CTV. Press PLAY below for a preview.

• Brett Butler (Grace Under Fire) has joined the cast of Charlie Sheen’s upcoming FX comedy, Anger Management. Per Deadline, the actress will play a bartender at the local spot Charlie (also the character’s name) regularly frequents.

• Molly Shannon has landed a recurring role in the upcoming second season of HBO’s Enlightened. The Saturday Night Live alumna — who recently appeared on NBC’s Up All Night — will play the fiercely loyal executive assistant to Abaddonn’s CEO, Deadline reports.

• Downton Abbey fans can sneak a (blurry) peek at Shirley McClain on the set of the PBS smash hit here.

Kodi Kitchen (who plays Steve Webber’s unlikeable ex, Maggie) has been let go from ABC’s sole-surviving soap, General Hospital, Soap Opera Digest reports.

• Jocko Sims (Crash) will play Vance’s brother-in-law in the March 27 episode of NCIS, per TV Guide Magazine.

• CBS has revealed the final batch of companies to get the Undercover Boss treatment in Season 3: Yankee Candle (airing March 30), TaylorMade Golf Co. (April 6), Budget Blinds (April 13), Philly Pretzel Factory (April 27), FastSigns (May 4) and MASTEC (a builder of telecommunication and energy systems, May 11).

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (61)

• So excited to have Erica Durance back on TV! I loved the trailer for Saving Hope. So happy it’s airing on NBC

Comment by James – March 1, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree and Erica Durance is a producer for Saving Hope which is awesome! So happy that she has her own show and very happy with the cast,love Daniel Gilles. And i’m really looking forward to see this show on NBC.

Comment by TJ – March 3, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news about Saving Hope getting picked up! Shanks, Gillies and Durance are gonna rock it!

Comment by Jason – March 1, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica Lange is awesome! Can’t wait for the second season!!!

Comment by nikki – March 1, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, so thrilled for Erica’s new show. The promo for SAVING HOPE was fantastic and both Daniel Gillies and Michael Shanks will make great co-stars. I can’t wait to check it out this summer. Interestingly enough, Erica Durance once said in an interview that one of the actresses she admired most was Jessica Lange. It’s one of the reasons I watched AMERICAN HORROR STORY (Connie Britton was the other). Jessica was one of the show’s highlights, so I’m very pleased to hear she’ll be returning. Thanks for all the great news about these fabulous women!

Comment by Libby – March 1, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was planning to comment on that as well when I saw JL’s pic after seeing ED’s name on the title! Good thing I read your post first.

Now I’m hoping the Durance will have an opportunity to work with Jessica Lange; knowing Erica, she’ll be thrilled if that was to happen and I’m sure ED fans will be thrilled too!

Comment by sunset – March 1, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • > played by fellow Smallville alum Michael Shanks

So the 150+ episodes of Stargate he was on plus the fact that Erica Durance was on SG-1 before Smallville mean nothing?

Comment by Carmichael – March 1, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • seconded!!!

Comment by tlbrownlie – March 1, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL. I was wondering why they didn’t mention Stargate, which is what I know him from.

Comment by MattS – March 1, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah that was odd considering you can count on one hand the number of episodes Shanks did for Smallville–I think it was actually four–while he did Stargate for TEN YEARS.

Comment by ChrisGa – March 1, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly my point. The appeared together in Stargate a few years before he ever appeared on Smallville. But it’s sci fi and not on a broadcast network so it doesn’t count.

Comment by Carmichael – March 1, 2012 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This website probably does not even know Stargate. In all the years I followed Ausiello, Stargate never got any mentions, even though it ran longer than a lot of other series commented on here. Stargate just wasn’t good enough..

Comment by Vanny – March 2, 2012 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry, meant good enough for Ausiello… (it was my favorite show though)..

Comment by Vanny – March 2, 2012 02:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am SO proud of you Erica Durance!!!!

Comment by Jen – March 1, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Little boo-boo guys – you spelled Shirley MacLaine’s name wrong.

Comment by Mary – March 1, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erica, Michael, and Daniel? Consider me in! Thank god NBC is airing this. I didn’t want to have to resort to drastic measures!

Comment by Michelle – March 1, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy that Saving Hope was picked up in the US. Having Erica, Michael, and Daniel all in one show is awesome.

Comment by Wrenn – March 1, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad that we finally got a confirmation from NBC.
    Can’t wait for Saving Hope! So proud of Erica :)

Comment by Cynthia – March 1, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy for Erica! I will be watching this summer!

Comment by Lupe – March 1, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am definitely gonna take a look at Saving Hope, even if its just because of Erica and Michael, but its a shame that it is airing on NBC, which means it’s sort of destined for failure, no matter how good the show actually is, i would of picked ABC for it.

Comment by Martin – March 1, 2012 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Having Jessica Lange and the other actors play new characters on AHS is stupid. I doubt they’ll be good enough to make me forget the ones they played on the first season.
    Also, I wanna know what happens to Constance and li’l Antichrist. With the buildup they kinda owe us some answers about them.

Comment by Meh – March 1, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d much prefer it, if they’re approaching each season as a different series in a sense, that we never find out. It’s a bit of a fridge horror moment when you consider the many, many horrible things the antichrist could be doing right this moment that we’ll never know for sure.

Comment by Jacob – March 1, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy that Erica Durance is getting a show that will air on NBC. It’s high concept…but she can carry a show. Whoever did that promo, however, has really great taste in music. Adele and Florence!!!!!

Comment by Trenton – March 1, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • High concept? LOL it’s Grey’s Anatomy 2.0! Izzie, anyone?

Comment by BRETT – March 1, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s also a reverse of Gifted Man on CBS, right? Don’t watch that one, but I’ll check this one out because, A)there’s nothing on in the summer, B) Daniel!, and C) it looks alright.

Comment by Danielle H – March 3, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to watching such talented people–Erica Durance, Michael Shanks, and Daniel Gillies–on SAVING HOPE this summer on NBC. The trailer for the show was moving and powerful. I already feel invested in these characters. Thanks TVLine for keeping me updated!

Comment by Christine – March 1, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Look at that. I finally have a reason to turn the channel to NBC. It’s been a few years. Good job, NBC!

Comment by NicholeG81 – March 1, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At last! NBC have really dragged their feet in confirming Saving Hope. Really good news for Erica Durance fans, but I can’t help but feel that NBC only finally decided to air Saving Hope this summer because so many of their shows have failed this season, and they’ve already used up their stand-bys. I wish Erica’s new show were on another network – it seems that new shows go to NBC just to die! But I’ll take it anyway – so long as The Durance is back on my TV screen as much as possible!!

Comment by jude – March 1, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I´m so happy and excited for Erica! She always the best in this world. Can´t wait!
    Thank you for the scoop, Megan!

Comment by Fê Rosa – March 1, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like a great show. Hmm…wondering now if Elisha (sp?) is going to get killed off of The Vampire Diaries? Hmm…

Comment by MattS – March 1, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing…

Comment by jay – March 2, 2012 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan Masters, thank you sooo much for putting ED’s name on your title! As an Erica fan, I was sooo happy to see it up there (again)!!

Fans of the Durance have been waiting for NBC confirmation… and I know I’m being sooo advanced but I hope that SH will be good enough for NBC to be renewed for next summer!!

Thanks a lot and looking forward to more Saving Hope news and spoilers this summer from you!!

Comment by sunset – March 1, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saving Hope looks really sappy. If Durance and shanks weren’t starring, I’d probably give it a pass – even if it is a Canadian production.

Comment by Sheldon W. – March 1, 2012 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here… Also, stupid title. We already had Raising Hope and Saving Grace; I mean, seriously! Might give it a try as well, just for the actors though.

Comment by Lisa London – March 16, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do we really think its wise to have Brett Butler and Charlie Sheen wandering around the same set?

Comment by Luis – March 2, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erica Durance and Michael Shanks starring together? Saving Hope’s looking good!

Comment by Jo – March 2, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t Wait to see Durance back on my sreen. The trailer was great!!!!!

Comment by Eliza – March 2, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo Hoo! Michael Shanks is back on TV! I’m so excited to see him in a new show. I guess I’ll have to start paying attention to NBC again…

Comment by Kelly – March 15, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch since I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

Comment by Burberry Bags – April 8, 2013 12:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • your own personal and after that it’s going to be readily available after you have it [url=http://bugsbunny8sforsale.tumblr.com]Jordan 8 Bugs Bunny[/url]

Comment by Jordan 8 Bugs Bunny – April 9, 2013 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can easily someone explain what the author meant in his continue paragraph? He makes a fantastic start but lost me halfway through the article. I had a hard time following what the author is endeavoring to say. The start was great but I feel he needs to focus on writing a better finish.

Comment by acquadimaresanvito.it – April 21, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mobile blogging is an exciting phenomenon that iscrossing the blogosphere. One of the understandings why a lot of bloggers are pulled to the medium of blogging in first place is that they enjoy being able to makefrequent updates and posts that keep all of their visitors up to rush with currentsituations. Mobile blogs, ormoblogs, take this to the extreme by providing users to post matters literally as they happen. This new wave of moblogs and mobloggers keep net surfers up to date with good and bad eventsissues of importance as they occur all over the world, helping to make internationalcommunication quicker and more correct. Many individuals feel that the limitations of blogging have a lot to do with geography. After all, there is only socurrent that a blog can be when you need to run home and boot up in order to update it. However, mobile blogging marks the starting of a exciting new era when web-based communication can happen spontaneously from any location. Moblogging devices mean that there is almost nowhere on the planet thatstays off-limits for bloggers. Next part next week.

Comment by www.verkehrsforum.at – April 21, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I genuinely understand the sort of matters you publicize on your blog, I feel this can be be appropriate in lots of uncommon ways. Thanks for communicating this kind information.

Comment by www.nethouseti.com.br – April 21, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just a quick hello and also to thank you for discussing your suggestions on this page. I wound up on your blog right after researching physical fitness connected things on Yahoo guess I lost track of what I had been performing! Anyway I’ll be back yet again inside the future to verify out your blogposts down the road. Thanks!

Comment by www.3up.com.br – April 21, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I definitely enjoyed studying it. This post provided by you is very helpful for proper planning.

Comment by relocations-made-easy.com.au – April 21, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Kreg Jig Pocket Hole System takes advantage of a technique called Kreg Joinery. Unlike other techniques, KKreg Jig Pocket Hole System requires no glue, no complicated math, and no small army of clamps to make wood joints that will last

Comment by www.annonces-chiens-chats.fr – April 21, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ????????? ???????????? ???? ?????.

Comment by ausagservices.com.au – April 21, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You shouldn’t set this kind of substantial amount of warm fluid with your fridge

Comment by Jordan 5 – May 4, 2013 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s more to realizing with regard to the distinctive types of anesthesia around

Comment by Jordan 11 – May 6, 2013 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This could continue to keep the pasta from sticking collectively and advance the style

Comment by Jordan Retro 1 – May 6, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you would like to optimize how much juice which you get from the lime

Comment by Christian Louboutin Outlet – May 6, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • in addition to the bedside manner than he or she initiatives to individuals

Comment by Jordan 5 Retro – May 6, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Usually investigate your physician’s qualifications.

Comment by New Jordans 2013 – May 6, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even, try how physicians from their health related school commonly do.

Comment by Jordan 5 – May 6, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Setting the pot outside the house is often a outstanding strategy to wonderful the inventory good enough for refrigerating or freezing

Comment by Jordan Retro 5 – May 7, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you ever are over a diet program or maybe attempting to consume healthful

Comment by Jordan 1 OG 2013 – May 7, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • established the protected pot outdoors for just a little while

Comment by Grape 5s – May 7, 2013 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cook the rice for that suggested amount of time, and you may have appropriate rice nearly every time!

Comment by Nike Foamposites – May 7, 2013 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ※商品の色や質感を出来るだけ忠実に再現するよう心掛けていますが、実物と若干異なる場合がございます。セリーヌ CELINE マフラー カテゴリーの ブラゾンロゴマフラー(ダークブラウン) のご紹介です。国産のビジネスシューズのサイズをご参考下さい。アディダス・スタンスミスの今は亡きフランス製です。多くの場合、ピッチは歩くことが少しあまりにも多くなりますし、家の周りのすべての10フィートまたはそうあなたのはしごを設定保持する必要があります。高品質の革製品を優れた技術で仕上げ、感性の鋭いニューヨーカーを瞬く間に虜にし、いまや世界中の女性から愛されるブランドになりました。当然、三菱製端末おなじみの「アニメっちゃ」にも対応。(多少大きめに感じても、 インソール等で十分に対応ができます。商品名…エールライン トートバッグPM状態ランク…10段階中4程度カラー…グレーサイズ…W約30cm×H約22cm×D約8cm ショルダー長さ:約23cm 上記は素人採寸ですので、参考値としてお願い致します。部長が出張から帰ってきた。食品用と全く同じ原料を使って作っています*どうしてお肌にやさしいのですか?。髪の毛は大切ですからねぇ…。 明確な役立つバージョン、 数字がある、 それで、 どちらかについて、 通り過ぎて彩色しなさい、 からそれへの検索がどちらかと言うと長い間メインを反映して、 そして従って婦人のために・・・ルイ・ヴィトンの数で革ベースの袋をメモするあなたのハンドバッグの中の卓越した付加が...を準備したことがずっとより容易になる。聞けば2012年3月に開店したばかりだとか良い点もあるが、場所柄仕方ないのかもしれないが、やはり割高感は否めない表参道に住んでいるとよく人から「美味しいお店がいっぱいあっていいね」と言われるたしかにそういうところもあるが、表参道には私の大好きなリーズナブルな寿司屋と。

Comment by ジミーチュウ 財布 – June 2, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • tilwmczlhsmazemgageu, גלגלצ רדיו, KPSIjcr, סטוץ, vyfWpIi, קורס ברמנים, JjKvXct, קורס נדלן, itMOZyC, לימודי אנגלית, rYGCbTY, עבודה באוסטרליה, tKvWuiy.

Comment by Cheap Russell Wilson Jersey – July 3, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • American Horror Story Season 2 Spoilers – TVLine