TVLine Items: Big American Horror Story Scoop, NBC Slots Erica Durance Drama and More!

American Horror Storys second season will be all about Jessica Lange.

Executive producer Ryan Murphy has confirmed that the Oscar-winning actress, who won both a Golden Globe and SAG Award for her work on the FX thriller, will be back for Season 2 in a big way.

“We have designed the second season of American Horror Story completely around her [brand new] character,” Murphy tells EW.com. “This will really be the Jessica Lange show so I’m very excited about it. We are designing this amazing new opposite-of-the-Constance character for her.”

The EP also announced that he will reveal the identities of the three other actors who have signed on to return for Season 2 this Friday at the American Horror Story PaleyFest panel, so stick close to TVLine for the scoop.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

NBC has picked up a 13-episode season of Saving Hope, a Toronto-based drama starring and produced by Smallville vet Erica Durance. The project centers on a surgeon (Durance) whose comatose fiancé (played by fellow Smallville alum Michael Shanks) wanders various wards as a spirit. Vampire Diaries’ Daniel Gillies also co-stars. The series is set to bow this summer on both NBC and Canada’s CTV. Press PLAY below for a preview.

• Brett Butler (Grace Under Fire) has joined the cast of Charlie Sheen’s upcoming FX comedy, Anger Management. Per Deadline, the actress will play a bartender at the local spot Charlie (also the character’s name) regularly frequents.

• Molly Shannon has landed a recurring role in the upcoming second season of HBO’s Enlightened. The Saturday Night Live alumna — who recently appeared on NBC’s Up All Night — will play the fiercely loyal executive assistant to Abaddonn’s CEO, Deadline reports.

• Downton Abbey fans can sneak a (blurry) peek at Shirley McClain on the set of the PBS smash hit here.

Kodi Kitchen (who plays Steve Webber’s unlikeable ex, Maggie) has been let go from ABC’s sole-surviving soap, General Hospital, Soap Opera Digest reports.

• Jocko Sims (Crash) will play Vance’s brother-in-law in the March 27 episode of NCIS, per TV Guide Magazine.

• CBS has revealed the final batch of companies to get the Undercover Boss treatment in Season 3: Yankee Candle (airing March 30), TaylorMade Golf Co. (April 6), Budget Blinds (April 13), Philly Pretzel Factory (April 27), FastSigns (May 4) and MASTEC (a builder of telecommunication and energy systems, May 11).

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. James says:

So excited to have Erica Durance back on TV! I loved the trailer for Saving Hope. So happy it’s airing on NBC

• TJ says:

I agree and Erica Durance is a producer for Saving Hope which is awesome! So happy that she has her own show and very happy with the cast,love Daniel Gilles. And i’m really looking forward to see this show on NBC.

2. Jason says:

Awesome news about Saving Hope getting picked up! Shanks, Gillies and Durance are gonna rock it!

3. nikki says:

Jessica Lange is awesome! Can’t wait for the second season!!!

4. Libby says:

So, so thrilled for Erica’s new show. The promo for SAVING HOPE was fantastic and both Daniel Gillies and Michael Shanks will make great co-stars. I can’t wait to check it out this summer. Interestingly enough, Erica Durance once said in an interview that one of the actresses she admired most was Jessica Lange. It’s one of the reasons I watched AMERICAN HORROR STORY (Connie Britton was the other). Jessica was one of the show’s highlights, so I’m very pleased to hear she’ll be returning. Thanks for all the great news about these fabulous women!

• sunset says:

I was planning to comment on that as well when I saw JL’s pic after seeing ED’s name on the title! Good thing I read your post first.

Now I’m hoping the Durance will have an opportunity to work with Jessica Lange; knowing Erica, she’ll be thrilled if that was to happen and I’m sure ED fans will be thrilled too!

5. Carmichael says:

> played by fellow Smallville alum Michael Shanks

So the 150+ episodes of Stargate he was on plus the fact that Erica Durance was on SG-1 before Smallville mean nothing?

• tlbrownlie says:

seconded!!!

• MattS says:

LOL. I was wondering why they didn’t mention Stargate, which is what I know him from.

• ChrisGa says:

Yeah that was odd considering you can count on one hand the number of episodes Shanks did for Smallville–I think it was actually four–while he did Stargate for TEN YEARS.

• Carmichael says:

Exactly my point. The appeared together in Stargate a few years before he ever appeared on Smallville. But it’s sci fi and not on a broadcast network so it doesn’t count.

• Vanny says:

This website probably does not even know Stargate. In all the years I followed Ausiello, Stargate never got any mentions, even though it ran longer than a lot of other series commented on here. Stargate just wasn’t good enough..

6. Jen says:

I am SO proud of you Erica Durance!!!!

7. Mary says:

Little boo-boo guys – you spelled Shirley MacLaine’s name wrong.

8. Michelle says:

Erica, Michael, and Daniel? Consider me in! Thank god NBC is airing this. I didn’t want to have to resort to drastic measures!

9. Wrenn says:

I’m so happy that Saving Hope was picked up in the US. Having Erica, Michael, and Daniel all in one show is awesome.

10. Cynthia says:

I’m so glad that we finally got a confirmation from NBC.
    Can’t wait for Saving Hope! So proud of Erica :)

11. Lupe says:

So happy for Erica! I will be watching this summer!

12. Martin says:

Am definitely gonna take a look at Saving Hope, even if its just because of Erica and Michael, but its a shame that it is airing on NBC, which means it’s sort of destined for failure, no matter how good the show actually is, i would of picked ABC for it.

13. Meh says:

Having Jessica Lange and the other actors play new characters on AHS is stupid. I doubt they’ll be good enough to make me forget the ones they played on the first season.
    Also, I wanna know what happens to Constance and li’l Antichrist. With the buildup they kinda owe us some answers about them.

• Jacob says:

I’d much prefer it, if they’re approaching each season as a different series in a sense, that we never find out. It’s a bit of a fridge horror moment when you consider the many, many horrible things the antichrist could be doing right this moment that we’ll never know for sure.

14. Trenton says:

I’m happy that Erica Durance is getting a show that will air on NBC. It’s high concept…but she can carry a show. Whoever did that promo, however, has really great taste in music. Adele and Florence!!!!!

• BRETT says:

High concept? LOL it’s Grey’s Anatomy 2.0! Izzie, anyone?

• Danielle H says:

It’s also a reverse of Gifted Man on CBS, right? Don’t watch that one, but I’ll check this one out because, A)there’s nothing on in the summer, B) Daniel!, and C) it looks alright.

15. Christine says:

I’m really looking forward to watching such talented people–Erica Durance, Michael Shanks, and Daniel Gillies–on SAVING HOPE this summer on NBC. The trailer for the show was moving and powerful. I already feel invested in these characters. Thanks TVLine for keeping me updated!

16. NicholeG81 says:

Look at that. I finally have a reason to turn the channel to NBC. It’s been a few years. Good job, NBC!

17. jude says:

At last! NBC have really dragged their feet in confirming Saving Hope. Really good news for Erica Durance fans, but I can’t help but feel that NBC only finally decided to air Saving Hope this summer because so many of their shows have failed this season, and they’ve already used up their stand-bys. I wish Erica’s new show were on another network – it seems that new shows go to NBC just to die! But I’ll take it anyway – so long as The Durance is back on my TV screen as much as possible!!

18. Fê Rosa says:

Yay! I´m so happy and excited for Erica! She always the best in this world. Can´t wait!
    Thank you for the scoop, Megan!

19. MattS says:

Looks like a great show. Hmm…wondering now if Elisha (sp?) is going to get killed off of The Vampire Diaries? Hmm…

20. sunset says:

Megan Masters, thank you sooo much for putting ED’s name on your title! As an Erica fan, I was sooo happy to see it up there (again)!!

Fans of the Durance have been waiting for NBC confirmation… and I know I’m being sooo advanced but I hope that SH will be good enough for NBC to be renewed for next summer!!

Thanks a lot and looking forward to more Saving Hope news and spoilers this summer from you!!

21. Sheldon W. says:

Saving Hope looks really sappy. If Durance and shanks weren’t starring, I’d probably give it a pass – even if it is a Canadian production.

• Lisa London says:

Same here… Also, stupid title. We already had Raising Hope and Saving Grace; I mean, seriously! Might give it a try as well, just for the actors though.

22. Luis says:

Do we really think its wise to have Brett Butler and Charlie Sheen wandering around the same set?

23. Jo says:

Erica Durance and Michael Shanks starring together? Saving Hope’s looking good!

24. Eliza says:

Can’t Wait to see Durance back on my sreen. The trailer was great!!!!!

25. Kelly says:

Woo Hoo! Michael Shanks is back on TV! I’m so excited to see him in a new show. I guess I’ll have to start paying attention to NBC again…

26. Nice read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch since I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

27. your own personal and after that it’s going to be readily available after you have it [url=http://bugsbunny8sforsale.tumblr.com]Jordan 8 Bugs Bunny[/url]

28. Can easily someone explain what the author meant in his continue paragraph? He makes a fantastic start but lost me halfway through the article. I had a hard time following what the author is endeavoring to say. The start was great but I feel he needs to focus on writing a better finish.

29. Mobile blogging is an exciting phenomenon that iscrossing the blogosphere. One of the understandings why a lot of bloggers are pulled to the medium of blogging in first place is that they enjoy being able to makefrequent updates and posts that keep all of their visitors up to rush with currentsituations. Mobile blogs, ormoblogs, take this to the extreme by providing users to post matters literally as they happen. This new wave of moblogs and mobloggers keep net surfers up to date with good and bad eventsissues of importance as they occur all over the world, helping to make internationalcommunication quicker and more correct. Many individuals feel that the limitations of blogging have a lot to do with geography. After all, there is only socurrent that a blog can be when you need to run home and boot up in order to update it. However, mobile blogging marks the starting of a exciting new era when web-based communication can happen spontaneously from any location. Moblogging devices mean that there is almost nowhere on the planet thatstays off-limits for bloggers. Next part next week.

30. I genuinely understand the sort of matters you publicize on your blog, I feel this can be be appropriate in lots of uncommon ways. Thanks for communicating this kind information.

31. Just a quick hello and also to thank you for discussing your suggestions on this page. I wound up on your blog right after researching physical fitness connected things on Yahoo guess I lost track of what I had been performing! Anyway I’ll be back yet again inside the future to verify out your blogposts down the road. Thanks!

32. Well I definitely enjoyed studying it. This post provided by you is very helpful for proper planning.

33. The Kreg Jig Pocket Hole System takes advantage of a technique called Kreg Joinery. Unlike other techniques, KKreg Jig Pocket Hole System requires no glue, no complicated math, and no small army of clamps to make wood joints that will last

34. ????????? ???????????? ???? ?????.

35. Jordan 5 says:

You shouldn’t set this kind of substantial amount of warm fluid with your fridge

36. Jordan 11 says:

What’s more to realizing with regard to the distinctive types of anesthesia around

37. This could continue to keep the pasta from sticking collectively and advance the style

38. If you would like to optimize how much juice which you get from the lime

39. in addition to the bedside manner than he or she initiatives to individuals

40. Usually investigate your physician’s qualifications.

41. Jordan 5 says:

Even, try how physicians from their health related school commonly do.

42. Setting the pot outside the house is often a outstanding strategy to wonderful the inventory good enough for refrigerating or freezing

43. If you ever are over a diet program or maybe attempting to consume healthful

44. Grape 5s says:

established the protected pot outdoors for just a little while

45. Cook the rice for that suggested amount of time, and you may have appropriate rice nearly every time!

46. ※商品の色や質感を出来るだけ忠実に再現するよう心掛けていますが、実物と若干異なる場合がございます。セリーヌ CELINE マフラー カテゴリーの ブラゾンロゴマフラー(ダークブラウン) のご紹介です。国産のビジネスシューズのサイズをご参考下さい。アディダス・スタンスミスの今は亡きフランス製です。多くの場合、ピッチは歩くことが少しあまりにも多くなりますし、家の周りのすべての10フィートまたはそうあなたのはしごを設定保持する必要があります。高品質の革製品を優れた技術で仕上げ、感性の鋭いニューヨーカーを瞬く間に虜にし、いまや世界中の女性から愛されるブランドになりました。当然、三菱製端末おなじみの「アニメっちゃ」にも対応。(多少大きめに感じても、 インソール等で十分に対応ができます。商品名…エールライン トートバッグPM状態ランク…10段階中4程度カラー…グレーサイズ…W約30cm×H約22cm×D約8cm ショルダー長さ:約23cm 上記は素人採寸ですので、参考値としてお願い致します。部長が出張から帰ってきた。食品用と全く同じ原料を使って作っています*どうしてお肌にやさしいのですか?。髪の毛は大切ですからねぇ…。 明確な役立つバージョン、 数字がある、 それで、 どちらかについて、 通り過ぎて彩色しなさい、 からそれへの検索がどちらかと言うと長い間メインを反映して、 そして従って婦人のために・・・ルイ・ヴィトンの数で革ベースの袋をメモするあなたのハンドバッグの中の卓越した付加が...を準備したことがずっとより容易になる。聞けば2012年3月に開店したばかりだとか良い点もあるが、場所柄仕方ないのかもしれないが、やはり割高感は否めない表参道に住んでいるとよく人から「美味しいお店がいっぱいあっていいね」と言われるたしかにそういうところもあるが、表参道には私の大好きなリーズナブルな寿司屋と。

47. tilwmczlhsmazemgageu, גלגלצ רדיו, KPSIjcr, סטוץ, vyfWpIi, קורס ברמנים, JjKvXct, קורס נדלן, itMOZyC, לימודי אנגלית, rYGCbTY, עבודה באוסטרליה, tKvWuiy.

48. tyr 水着 says: