The CW Sets Two-Hour Tree Hill Swan Song, Finale Dates for Gossip, TVD, Ringer and More

One Tree Hill Series FinaleThe CW is giving One Tree Hill a super-sized sendoff.

The network announced Wednesday that the soap will end its nine-year run with a special two-hour series finale — including interviews with the cast “as they look back at the series’ most memorable moments” — on Wednesday, April 4.

The CW also confirmed season finale dates for Ringer (which will run all-new episodes now through Tuesday, April 17), The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle (Thursday, May 10), Gossip Girl and Hart of Dixie (Monday, May 14), 90210 (Tuesday, May 15), Nikita and Supernatural (Friday, May 18), and America’s Next Top Model: British Invasion (Wednesday, May 30).

On the premiere front, six-part Canadian drama The L.A. Complex bows Tuesday, April 24 at 9/8c. The limited-run series promises a “dramatic look into the lives of six young performers striving for stardom in Hollywood.”

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: News

1. alexjones says:

well the ringer finale is sooner than I thought it would be, seems they want to burn it off as quickly as possible.

2. sarah says:

That is odd that Ringer is ending 1 month before all the other shows, well except for OTH. I guess we will not get a long break for Ringer as they held it back for a few extra weeks in the winter

• Ziva says:

Nope. Shows the CW just doesn’t want to bother anymore with repeats and such for it, just letting it run to the end of the season then cancelling. It’s ratings are horrible. They would be idiots to keep it.

3. Joan says:

So does that mean I can be somewhat hopeful that Ringer gets a second season?

• Chmarin says:

It’s the exact opposite. This can only mean that the CW wants to get rid of it as soon as possible.

• Jasna88 says:

Then i guess that means that Nikita and SPN are both safer then TVD because both of them are finishing 8 days later…

• Zainab says:

The Vampire Diaries is the most safe show on The CW.

• Z. says:

No, because except for OTH and Ringer, all shows end in May. Just because one enda 8 days later then the other in May, when all shows have their season finale, doesn’t mean that they are safer. And I highly doubt that TVD isn’t safe, that show is a sure thing…

4. jamie says:

How are they going to fit cast interviews and two episodes between 8-10pm??

• J says:

Sounds like it is one episode, maybe say 15-20 extra minutes long, topped off with interviews to fill the 2 hours.

• Ingmar says:

It’s just one episode + a lot of interviews. The last episode ( 9×13 ) just takes a bit longer ( 50/55 minutes instead of the normal 40 )

5. Susy says:

Ringer ending a month early? It does not look good. It could mean cancellation!

6. Matt says:

Doesn’t sound good for Ringer! Really hope it makes it through the cut. This show is entertaining, suspenseful and has kept me guessing through out the whole thing. And if it is getting cancelled.. I hope it get’s a proper ending so that there is no cliff hangers.

7. hello says:

With One Tree Hill done Supernatural will be The WB’s last show. And here i thought it wouldn’t last beyond the first season

8. me us and them says:

Maybe it is just a guilty pleasure, I’m not really sure why, but I liked The LA Complex.

9. Ghostly Fan says:

Yay! Ringer is dead! Hopfully The LA Complex performs well.

10. Beth says:

Going to miss OTH so much! I really loved this show and the characters from the start. Hope to see Joy and James on some new shows in the next season. If they killed off Nathan however I will be so pissed for investing 9 years to this show. Just saying!

11. Jason says:

I love, love RINGER…but for whatever ungodly, unknown reason, Sarah’s “vocal” fans failed to follow thru with actual SUPPORT of her show. There is no chance it returns, not with these numbers. And all of you who badmouthed the show and/or failed to watch are responsible for taking SMG off our TV screens, just like the “vocal” but absentee “fans” who demanded to know why Veronica Mars was cancelled. Same reason, kiddos. Ya gotta have at least a respectable showing. Never want to hear your whining again.
    Also hope that the Ringer producers were given enough notice that they can wrap up all loose ends in a finale. This is the type of mystery show that can’t just “end”…we’ve gotta have some closure.

• Jason says:

P.S. Mark Pedowitz, try to get Sarah cast in one of the hot CW fall pilots. And no more green-screening boat scenes, the biggest (and stupidest) beef that critics have had concerning this brilliant suspense drama, Ringer.

• Jess says:

I’m not sure I agree with you. I loved Buffy and love SMG, so do quite a number of my friends. I guess we are probably the “vocal” fans you’re talking about. We’re all watching Ringer live or on DVR (it’s the only show I watch on the CW, a channel I had to FIND on my TV because I didn’t know where it was). But none of us are nielsen households SO IT DOESN’T EVEN FREAKIN’ MATTER! I have no idea why nielsen families don’t turn to any other channel besides cbs, i just don’t…

12. Lola says:

But most of the other shows are on break with reruns for all of March, so prob same # of episodes just different timing of when the new episodes will air.

13. ZmaX says:

things don’t look good for Ringer at all, but I think the main reason they’re ending the season in April is because they don’t want to drag it out with a month long hiatus which would definitely cause another dip in ratings (even though it’s hard to imagine the ratings going any lower :/ ) But it’s great news for the viewers!

14. Ainhoa says:

Gossip Girl finish forever or just the season? I love OTH, i will never forget it!

15. amy says:

no that would be a normal season of ringer it will end at 24 episodes so there’s still hope

• Ziva says:

No, it only has 22 episodes. Like all the rest of the shows. There is no hope, not trying to burst your bubble.

• Erin says:

Except Nikita and Supernatural which both get 23 episodes this season. Hence they end a week later than everything else.

• Ziva says:

Just because they end a week later doesn’t mean anything. Nikita + Supernatural have had longer breaks than the other shows. So obviously there episodes would end later.

16. Paulo Victor says:

Ringer definitely canceled.

17. Carrie says:

I hope The LA Complex does well in the US. It’s my new favourite show!

18. Jo says:

CW is pulling Ringer from sweeps? Yeah. It’s cancelled.

19. fernando says:

To be honest, I watch Ringer but I am hoping for it to just be let go off, Ringer could have been one of the best shows this season but it failed very badly and it seems like one ep is good and then theres about five that are boring and then one again which is really good and then five boring ones. I just hope they can wrap it all up or at least do there best, I think theres a lot of good pilots that CW can go with like Mark and JJ new show.

20. Dizzle says:

Unfortunately, despite the acclaim, Ringer is one of the lowest rated shows on the CW, so even though I love the show I doubt it’ll be back for a second season regardless of when it airs it’s finale :(

21. Ziva says:

Ringer is for sure cancelled. Finishing a month earlier than all shows and pulling it from sweeps? It’s gone.
    I hope Hart of Dixie pulls back through when it returns so it can get renewed. I love that show.

22. shuayb says:

They r ending Ringer early to make place for the other pilot they have included. FYI the ratings haven’t been extremely terrible. Unlike Gossip Girl which plummted this season! Ringer must have completed its production ahead of time so they decided to use that show. Its not ominous.

• Ziva says:

No, they are shooting last episode this Friday. And Gossip Girl’s ratings are actually better than Ringer’s. Ringer is done.

• Brandy says:

Ringers gotten two 0.4s, GGs never had one. Yes, getting Ringer of the air before May Sweeps(when ad prices for next season ) IS ominous/bad.

23. Xmas says:

Sarah Michelle Gellar herself said in December 2011, when the show was “More Likely To Be Renewed” that because of the extended hiatus there will be no break for the rest of the Ringer season. This was planned long before Ringer ratings falled. So it doesn’t mean anything regarding cancellation. 90210 was off air during the February sweep and it is “certain to be renewed”.

• Ziva says:

Ringer is done. Finished. The ratings are horrible, DVR numbers are horrible, and iTunes numbers are horrible. They are pulling it early because there is no point in adding breaks in when the show is already failing miserably.

• DonnaT says:

Can you provide a link or links to the interview (s) where she stated this because I can’t find anything – doesn’t mean she didn’t say it – just means I can’t find it/them.
      I think it’s quite odd that the CW would have (at least) three different TV Channel sites (Comcast, TVGuide.com, and TheFutonCritic continue posting the same erroneous info until today, then after yesterday’s press release all three “TV Guides” updated their info if The CW was working on a revised schedule change with SMG in December 2011 (I checked all three yesterday early afternoon and they all had the “old schedule”).
      The CW has to realize that Ringer fans are concerned about renewal.

24. Sam says:

Ringer is gone, there is no way that show is renewed. SMG probably commands as much salary as all the girls on the Secret Circle combined. CW thought she would bring some decent ratings in, but the show is a mess (How many twists do we need in 1 episode, just for the sake of having a twist?!) and the ratings are worse. Ending it in April is the #1 sign this show is a goner. Enjoy the last 7 episodes or so and hope they wrap it up, but I’d rather the better shows on the network get renewed.
    I’m thinking their fall schedule looks something like this:
    GG/Hart of Dixie
    New Show (SATC Prequel?)/90210
    Nikita/New Show (No clue)
    VD/New Show (Aquaman?)
    Secret Circle/Supernatural
    I’d say either Nikita or Hart of Dixie is borderline, with 1 (but not both) possibly swapped out for another new show.

25. Jenny says:

Ringer is a terrible show.. Which is a shame because as a SMG fan I wanted to like it… But it’s so bad not even her star can save it. Just kill it already.

26. deborah says:

As long as CW renews “Supernatural,” I’ll be happy. I still can’t believe they already renewed the lousy show “America’s Top Model.”

27. tyler says:

Wow only four esp of oth I’m going. To miss oth I have been fan of oth since 1st season

28. WayneInNYC says:

Supernatural is ending a week later than TVD because it got an extra (23rd) episode this season.