TVLine Items: Lohan's SNL Promos Tease 'Lind-sanity,' Lifetime Orders Palin Series and More!

Comeback-hungry Lindsay Lohan returns to Saturday Night Live this weekend to host for a fourth(!) time, and if these just-released promos are any indication, she’s not going to shy away from lampooning her turbulent personal life.

Watch Lohan and SNL vet Kenan Thompson riff on everything from the “Lind-sanity” craze to the media’s ongoing obsession with her in the following series of clips.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Lifetime has given the green light to Bristol Palin: Life’s a Tripp, a 10-episode docu-series (to air later this year) starring Sarah Palin’s infamous eldest daughter.

• Frequent Justified director Adam Arkin (Sons of Anarchy) will step in front of the camera for two episodes of the FX drama later this season, EW.com reports. He’ll play Theo Tonin, head of the Detroit Mafia and the boss of Neal McDonough’s crazypants Quarles.

• ABC Family has given a back order of eight episodes to its freshman dramedy Jane by Design, per Deadline. The series’ current 10-episode run concludes next Tuesday, with the second half of the season slated to air this summer.

• Billy Ray Cyrus will return to 90210 this spring as Austin’s super-famous father, per E! Online. This time around, he’ll help Adrianna with a music biz-related issue.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Amanda says:

Umm what’s wrong with her face???

2. Rolfe says:

So ready for Lindsay! I just hope she isn’t returning too soon.

3. Ned Tugent says:

Please, just let the palins fade back into obscurity where they belong. The whole family is nothing but a collection of attention whores.

4. MJ says:

Yeah for Jane By Design! Glad I read the article, because I was about not to because I am so tired of Lindsey Lohan, but I saw it was a TVLine items, so I hoped something else would be in the article that I would want to read. How about put the Jane By Design news in the headline instead of Lindsey’s appearance on SNL…really don’t care.

• MJ says:

Also, you put the tired news that is Bristol Palin in the article headline…ugh. I think the Jane By Design news is better than this too.

5. kevin says:

I sense an “epic fail” this week on SNL.

6. John Berggren says:

Lifetime loses points for getting in bed with ANY Palin.

7. Brigette says:

I wonder what the significance is of Lindsay once again pronouncing her name “LOW-HAN” like back when she was a youngster as opposed to the “LOW-IN” that she insisted people call her when she was a teen. I hope this means she’s growing. I’m not holding my breath.

8. bad kevin says:

This week’s SNL is definitely “Lind-sanity”. :)

9. Sparky says:

She looks like Victoria Gotti and I don’t mean that in a good way. Something is really off with her face…

10. Julie says:

Why do people still try to have her as some sort of a hero or famous actress? Try to teach your kids not to do drugs with all those ads we see on TV and then have this druggie appear on SNL…
    … way to show that it’s okay to be like whatever the term of a things she has become. Gonna go puke now.

11. Nadine says:

She was solid each time she hosted in the past, I’m looking forward to the show! The promos were fun.

12. Sam says:

She looks like she is really old.She used to pretty I don’t know what she has done to herself but she looks horrible.