Pilot Scoop: Dane Cook Lands Lead In NBC Comedy, Christopher Lloyd Joins Fools and More
Funnyman Dane Cook has been tapped to star in the NBC comedy pilot Next Caller Please.
The project centers on a Colorado radio host (played by Cougar Town‘s Collette Wolfe) who scores a dream gig with a New York-based satellite radio station. Alas, her excitement is dashed when she meets Cook’s character, her abrasive, hard-drinking and sexist new co-host.
Weeds producer Stephen Falk penned the pilot.
In other pilot news from our sister site Deadline:
• Back to the Future vet Christopher Lloyd will star opposite John Leguizamo in ABC’s Only Fools and Horses, which chronicles the misadventures of two brothers and their grandfather (Lloyd).
• Showtime’s drama pilot Masters of Sex has landed Beau Bridges to play University Chancellor Barton Scully, the boss of Michael Sheen’s sexuality pioneer William Masters.
• Roswell‘s Majandra Delfino will play Mandy Moore’s sister in an untitled ABC comedy produced by Date Night‘s Shawn Levy.
• Tiffany Hines (Nikita) has nabbed a role in ABC’s fashion-based soap Americana, playing a beautiful medical student and the best friend of Ashley Greene’s Alice.
• Robert Wisdom — who should be familiar to fans of The Wire, Supernatural and Burn Notice — has joined ABC’s music-set family soap Nashville. He’ll play a charismatic candidate for mayor of the Tennessee capital.
• Cary Elwes has joined Prairie Dogs, an ABC comedy pilot starring Kal Penn as an office lacky who embraces having his identity stolen. Per EW.com, the Princess Bride/Saw alum will play the company’s mysterious head of the design department.
Which pilot castings have your interest piqued?