Pilot Castings: Twilight's Ashley Greene Joins ABC's Americana, Alias Alum Soaps Up and More
Twilight actress Ashley Greene has nabbed the female lead in ABC’s drama pilot Americana.
Also among the latest wave of pilot castings: Alias‘ Victor Garber finds a Notorious role, Ali Larter’s Asset spies a foe, Kevin Bacon’s FBI agent gets a partner and others.
Per Deadline, Americana revolves around a family owned fashion empire whose label is turned inside-out by the arrival of a young designer (to be played by Greene). Anthony LaPaglia (Without a Trace) has been cast as the iconic fashion designer at the head of the clan.
Greene recurred on the network’s Pan Am this season.
In other pilot news from our sister site and The Hollywood Reporter:
• Victor Garber has joined NBC’s Notorious, an opulent soap from Mercy exec producer Liz Heldens. He will play an insanely wealthy patriarch/philandering businessman who expects immediate obedience from his circle of family and friends.
• Jeananne Goossen (Alcatraz, CSI: NY) has landed the female lead in Fox’s untitled Kevin Williamson serial killer thriller, playing the strong-willed partner of Kevin Bacon’s FBI agent.
• Sean Patrick Thomas (Ringer) will co-star as the Queen’s closest adviser in The CW’s Hunger Games-esque pilot The Selection, per THR.
• Film actress Mira Sorvino has closed her deal to headline Jerry Bruckheimer’s CBS drama Trooper.
• Jamie Chung (The Hangover Part II) has been cast in Fox’s spy thriller The Asset, playing a CIA polygraph expert who finds herself on Heroes alumna Ali Larter’s bad side.
Which pilot castings have your interest piqued?