Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey's Anatomy, Castle, Glee, Criminal Minds, Gossip Girl and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com.

Question: Any word on the status of contract talks between Grey’s Anatomy and Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, Sandra Oh, Justin Chambers, etc.? I’m starting to get nervous. —Carrie
Ausiello: No, but remember how Shonda Rhimes hinted to me last month that the season ends in a way that could accommodate any number of possible cast departures? Well, get this: I hear a late April episode will follow Alex, Meredith, Jackson, April and Cristina as they interview for fellowship positions at other hospitals around the country. Said hospitals are apparently wooing the quintet in anticipation of them passing their boards — and they’re wisely entertaining all of their options.

Question: Can you give me some scoop on Criminal Minds? —Durgesh
Ausiello: There will be a marriage proposal in an upcoming episode, and it does not go well. Not well at all. And look for the show to revisit the disappearance of Morgan’s cousin in a major way this spring (and for The Wire‘s Chad Coleman to be connected to the case in a potentially significant capacity.)

Question: Is the sex problem Dan and Blair encounter on Gossip Girl the new obstacle for Dair you referred to in last week’s Ask Ausiello? —Oscar
Ausiello: It is indeed. Those resourceful kids will quickly find a solution to their sad sack woes, although I can’t really see them sustaining said solution on a long-term basis.

Question: Would you be so kind and reveal at least the network on which the show from your latest blind item airs? —Amanda
Ausiello: Nope. But as promised, I will offer up another significant clue on my Twitter feed within the next 24 hours that should cut the field of possibilities in half.

Question: Is Lisa Edelstein returning to House for the series finale? —Cynthia
Ausiello: I can’t bear to speak the words, so just click here for your answer.

Question: Bummed about the Lisa Edelstein news. Anything positive you can share about the House finale? —Amy
Ausiello: Here’s something: The show’s longtime scribe, Peter Blake, will now be co-writing the swan song with series creator David Shore and co-exec producer Eli Attie. As you know, Blake’s fingers have touched some of the best House hours ever, including Season 4’s “Alone,” Season 6’s “Help Me” and this season’s opener, “Twenty Vicodin.”

Question: Thanks to TVLine, I learned that Brett Tucker will be guest starring in this season’s 20th episode of Castle entitled, “The Limey.” Other than “devilishly handsome”, what else can you tell us about this guy? More specifically, what are his motives when it comes to Beckett? —Ivy
Ausiello: I’m going to venture out on a limb and say Beckett might be drawn — perhaps even attracted — to a dude with an English accent.

Question: The Parenthood season finale airs tonight so I’m hoping this question makes it in under the wire: I love the relationship between Amber and Bob. Please tell me it’s not over! —Ashley
Ausiello: Here’s what I’ll tell you, Ash: In addition to a wedding (congrats Crosby and Jasmine!), tonight’s finale also features a proposal (congrats SPOILER and SPOILER!).

Question: Any 30 Rock scoop? —Jarrod
Ausiello: Tracy’s family portrait is about to look a little different: The show is recasting his son, George Foreman, who when we next see him will be old enough to drive his father to…. Wait. Are there any vices left to which Tracy hasn’t already been driven?

Question: I have fallen in love with Once Upon a Time. Anything on Rumpelstiltskin (Mr. Gold)? —Becca
Ausiello: And how. Although series co-creators Eddie Kitsis and Adam Horowitz won’t quite come out and say he isn’t as bad a guy as we think, the former does allow that “he’s a complicated man, [and how you view him] depends where you line up with his interests. [It’s always a question of] whether you’re in the way of that agenda or not.” Adds Horowitz: “There’s more to come this season” — in particular, in Episode 19 — “about him and his son and what happened there that may, hopefully, shed a little more light.” And yes, there is some light in him. “A lot of these characters have grey areas,” Kitsis reminds. “There’s some humanity in him.”

Question: You said last year that Royal Pains was introducing a new love interest for Hank who would stick around. Well so far, that has not happened. Emily is gone, Constance Zimmer lasted one episode. So where did you hear this from? Because it never happened! Get your facts straight before scaring people like that! — Nancy
Ausiello: The fact that you didn’t bother including a link to my alleged foiler proves you’re bluffing. I rarely, if ever, screw up. For instance, I know with 100-percent certainty that the fourth season will introduce — in a two-, count ’em, two-episode arc — Jill’s oldest brother, Hank McGillicuddy, who develops a problem that even Tums can’t cure while training for a Lobster Roll Eat-Off. The show is also adding a new recurring character — Jeremiah Ellis, a doctor at Hank Med — who is so socially awkward that he might actually be described as anti-social. (Asocial, maybe?)

Question: Got anymore about Diane’s love triangle on The Good Wife? Please and thank you! —Nicole
Ausiello: I don’t. As a consolation, here’s something Good to chew on: I hear the end of the season will be building up to two huge showdowns — one work-related and the other personal. One of those two battles Alicia is directly involved in; the other, not so much.

Question: Any upcoming news on Rizzoli & Isles? Love from the UK. — Clare
Ausiello: The 15-episode third season kicking off this summer promises to be a doozy. Not only is there a tenacious IAD officer trying to find a suspicious link between Jane and Paddy Doyle (aka Maura’s crooked father), but (perhaps not coincidentally) we’re gonna get to meet Maura’s bio-mom. Not only that, but Mom — Hope is her name — might recur.

Question: Please, please, please could you tell me if Rachel and Finn will be able to go through with their wedding on Glee? I am going crazy. — Farsia2010
Ausiello: Well, I can tell you this much: Either Rachel and Finn are gonna go through with it, or Will and Emma are, because the show is casting a burly, Eric Stonestreet sorta guy to play a wedding planner named Lavender. In other Glee news, the gay population at McKinley is about to go up by one. The fresh meat? Chandler, a masculine hottie who’s full of joie de vivre.

Question: Any Justified scoop? —Noel
Ausiello: Ausiello: Next week, Raylan and Boyd find themselves framed for two separate murders (well, attempted murder in one instance). Raylan also pays a visit to Quarles’ little torture/sex chamber, where a familiar fella makes him a perverse offer he can (and easily does) refuse.

Question: Any scoop about Desperate Housewives, please? —Julien
Ausiello: Meet Bree’s potential new daughter-in-law (a.k.a. Andrew’s fiance.) In other news, one of the Housewives will be learning a long-held secret about her husband.

Question: Any word on Cougar Town getting a fourth season? —Paul
Ausiello: No. But here’s yet another reason it needs to happen: Bill Lawrence has promised to make Bob Clendenin (a.k.a. the cul-de-sac’s resident peeping Tom) a series regular if the show’s renewed.

Question: Any hints you can share about the myriad [SPOILER ALERT]‘d entries from your May Sweeps Scorecard? —Jen
Ausiello: I can confirm that at least one of them is reserved for Private Practice. And another for Revenge.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and Megan Masters)

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Spoilers

1. Hermione says:

I love love love Dair and they better not break up over this bad sex storyline. I totally got the Summer/Seth vibe from them a long time ago but that’s precisely why I love them. They have the same witty banter and complement each other exceptionally well. Their relationship alone is making Gossip Girl interesting for me again so I really hope the writers don’t ruin one of the few good things about the show. The writers need to dare to Dair and give them a fair shot.

2. Harry Potter says:

Gossip Girl is no longer interesting to me. Blair is not who she used to be, letting everyone calling the shots, walk all over her, being manipulated, and lied to. Then she forgives it like whatever. The writing is just terrible, and critics agree that it makes no sense. Ivy AND real Charlie can GTFO. Serena and Chuck need a story line that doesn’t revolve around Blair OR Muppet. Blair and dan can go ahead and happen so they can be over sooner. You know what, just cancel the show. It’s a mess.

• Janet Snakehole says:

So true. This isnt even about “shipper” wars, but rather the poor quality and consistency of storylines is whats killing the show. Blair has been reduced to a mere shadow of her former self, Serena/Blair friendship put on a backburner, Chuck has become good but also a bit weak and at times unstable, Nate has NO decent storyline, Cece is gone for the love of God, Ivy and Georgina run the show…ITS A TOTAL MESS.
      No wonder its averaging million viewers.

• Carla says:

Chair sucks thats why !!! DAIR will carry on the show from now on

• Nithin says:

Dont you kids have school…Immature chair fans !!! Dair rules bitches

• Chloé says:

AMEN. And it was Serena’s grandmother funeral this week, her and Blair didn’t even shared a scene! The writers completely push aside the “core” relationship if the show, BLAIR & SERENA,that’s NOT acceptable!! I mess them sfm! :(

3. Giovanini says:

It’s stupid how people are worrying more about gay characters than Quinn’s car accident. I MEAN! That was some intense sh*t, I seriously couldn’t sleep thinking about it… and that song just go in my head over and over and over… Goin’ to the chapel of love… AHHHHHH. Sorry, got frustrated.

4. Aiden says:

Wonderful scoops this week.
    However, having that Zachary Levi and Sam Jaeger video embedded on the bottom of the page triggered some CHUCK emotions again. Dang you. Every time he visits NY, new pilot or not, always invite him over for Spoiler Alert and bombard him with CHUCK questions. It’ll be a nice nugget to hold on to for us fans. Ugh, I really need that movie…

• TJCrinc says:

i feel the same exact way. its driving me nuts waiting to find out if sarah got all of her memories back with that kiss. Not to mention, an excellent bad guy for the movie would be daniel shaw. Actually that would be the only choice, since he was the supremely bad guy of the whole series.

5. Katy says:

Ya seriously, it would make gossip girl so superficial… I mean relationships are not built on sex, it’s just a part of it

6. Aussie says:

Brett Tucker is Australian please don’t insult us by saying British, maybe ausiello should change English accent to Aussie accent since as soon as you write English you yanks assume they are from England.
    Greys the residents being interviewed and wooed by other hospitals, will one of yangs interviews have Preston Burke?
    Will Avery finally accept a fellowship at his grandfathers hospital?
    Glee is becoming increasingly annoying end it already.
    GG got a feeling it’s a gonna.

7. Remedy says:

So the Dan/Blair problem is they can only have sex in public places? I guess that’s what he means by sustaining in the long-term? And would make sense since in the preview they’re in an elevator. But still I’m worried about my ship! :( I can’t handle two seasons of build-up for it to be over in a matter of one episode :( Say it isnt’ so

• Janet Snakeholw says:

What build up?? They were great friends and Blair expressed ZERO romantic feeling UNTIL the last episode. Her and Chuck spent the last season pining for each other, proclaiming their love only to go separate ways for the most mundane reasons ever created for a tv show. Wasnt Blair ready to run away with Chuck with her unborn baby who isnt even Chucks??? And now were supposed to believe she loves Dan? ITS RIDICULOUS. What build up!?!? No hate here, I just need some rational answers.

• niks4u says:

If you watch the accident episode again, you will see that Blair realized that Louie was a mistake, and thought that Chuck was the only other option she had. That is the reason why dan took her to chuck and the whole thing after that happened.
        The build up can be seen by anyone not blinded by the anti-hero syndrome. The growth in their relationship is particularly evident since the Townie episode. Friends with so much emotional reliance over each other, do develop feelings, even when they are in denial and can come to accept their feelings when faced with reality.

• Judy Walforth says:

Blair was in denial u dumbass, seiously you chair shippers have no IQ…immature high school kids, Dair is the only relationship that make sense in GG right now.

8. Janet Snakehole says:

Ohhh the things Gossip Girl writers had to pull out of their head in order for Dan and Blair to happen. Complete character destruction of Blair, Serena, Chuck and Nate – The NJBC.
    Blair is a weakling who lets people walk over her, is pious, with no ambitious and no longer takes care of her own problems. HBIC we all love would NEVER run to brooklyn to cry on the shoulder of a guy who would never love or accept her if she wasnt weak and ambition-less.
    Serena and Blair friendship on the back burner, forever stained by Dair romance. Oh and why did Serena all of a sudden reclaim her love for Dan??? Another contrived plotline that lead to Dair. It made her more stupid than ever.
    Chuck has shown significant growth from all his past transgressions, yet still ended EVERY EPISODE Alone, Crying or almost dying. I think the writers personally hate Ed Westwick who carries the whole show on his shoulders.
    Oh and there is something about Ivy and Nate there….umm yea.
    What a crapfest. Wont surprise me if it hits below million SOON. Because it deserves it.

• Judy Walforth says:

You seriously are delusional…Open your eyes to the idea of dan and blair and what they mean to each other, you need to get uour head outta ur ass and go to school little bitch

• A thinker says:

Apparently the only way you can respond to someone who doesn’t feed into your Dair kool-aid is to insult them and call them names? Grow up and please think before you actually write a comment. People are entitled to express their opinions and they shouldn’t be attacked for doing it.

• Jenn says:

Blair became weak the moment she decided to take back a man who offered her up to his uncle in exchange for his hotel. Seriously, what woman does that????? CHUCK is who made Blair weak, he has done this for ages now. Even back in season 2, when I liked Chuck and Blair, let’s face it, Chuck had all the power. It was all about HIM being ready to tell Blair that he loved her. It was all about HIS games, HIS feelings, Blair was waiting all season for HIM to come to her. She practically begged him a couple of times to admit that he loved her. How did this make her strong? I believe that Blair began to show real strength the moment she and Dan started to become friends in season 4, and she began to realize that she COULD live without Chuck. Of course all that was thrown out the window the minute Chuck’s life took a downward spiral and his daddy issues resurfaced (and he and Raina broke up). Suddenly he wanted her back, and there she was again, ready and able. Chuck has always been the person who makes Blair weak, I’m getting tired of reading from Chair fans that Dan has made Blair weak, because she’s not that bitch on wheels anymore. But even when she WAS a bitch, she still turned into an idiot around Chuck Bass. Because he always had all the power.
      And for everyone who keeps saying that Blair has had zero interest in Dan… This is simply not true. Blair has been in utter and total denial. She has been for along time. I think that Chuck and Blair fans simply did not want to see it, so they ignored all of the signs that were there. But there were signs. These feelings did not just appear overnight, they were part of the groundwork for an entire year and a half now. In fact, this is the only storyline on Gossip Girl that has made complete and total sense, everything else is plot driven and nonsensical. But Dair seems like the most natural thing in the world….

9. Kate says:

Hope Dair survive this obstacle

• Stacy says:

I hope too, coz without Dair this show will become boring as it was during past few seasons. But it’s GG. They’ll survive this obstacle with sex and writers will creat them a new one.

10. Alicia L. says:

Will/Emma are getting married not Finn/Rachel, I really wish they would reveal what the repercussions of Quinn’s accident more than adding another character, god they have too many anyway!
    Everybody stop freaking out about the Castle tidbit, can’t Beckett be attracted to someone else, but still be in love with Castle!
    The spoiler about a big proposal on CM is already spoiled Ausiello, it’s Kevin proposing to Garcia! For those of you who think it is Will and JJ, HE HAS ALREADY ASKED HER AND SHE OBVIOUSLY SAID NO! There is no ring on her finger!

11. Sally says:

Thanks for the House scoop! I’m so glad that LE doesn’t come back and I never have to see Cuddy again. And I like the fact that David Shore himself is part of the writing team for the finale. So good news for me!

12. Stacy says:

Oh no! I hope they will not break up so soon. They are amazing and Dair
    have gave GG a new life. What can happen? Please, don’t ruine their just appeared relationships.

13. Carol says:

My dair babies finally an offical couple…yaayyyy

14. Jaze says:

Dan and Blair make more sense to me than her and Chuck (Dear “CHAIR” lunatic, please note i said to me so please retract your rather sharp claws. Hugs and kisses + Peace in the middle east). They have so much more in common and are just . . . natural together. i can picture them getting married and living boring happy lives together forever, i cant picture that with Chuck. I’ve tried to, and i mean really really tried to understand how anyone can want her to be with Chuck but i just dont. He traded her in for a hotel for (Saint) Jack’s sake (and not to pay for a sick grandmother’s medical bills BTW, he really really just wanted a hotel apparently :/) and the last draw was almost punching her in the face. As appealing as “i love the way you lie” is girls, stay clear of socio paths. For your sake.

15. Hu Tran says:

I realy hope thay don break up Dair because of sex and anything is possible
    …because at first she stayed with louie because of the BABY,and then she walked away from Chuck because of GAD and if they put bad SEX in the same basket … better let her jump of Brooklyn Bridge….

16. Hakim says:

Dan and Blair are more . . . . i dont know what the word for it is in English with it being my 2nd language and all but they look like something for the long haul and not about hotness. It has less to do with sexual chemistry and more to do with being compatible.

17. NYU lover says:

DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR DAIR

18. Judy Walforth says:

Dan and Blair are always so cuteee

19. Natasha says:

Gotta love DAIR, they are so the new Seth and Summer

20. Natasha says:

Gotta love DAIR

21. Bazinga says:

does anyone else think Dan gets frustrated with Blair’s comments in the elevator and proves he’s a good lover by
    having sex right then and there, in the elevator?
    why else would Dan and Blair be talking about their sex in an elevator, alone? i think we’re going to see some hot and steamy elevator sex :)
    Dan and Blair = Seth and Summer

22. Alice says:

DARE TO DAIR
    FAIL TO CHAIR

23. Jess says:

Dair is ENDGAME

24. Hula says:

GO DAIR!
    Chuck should date Chivy. They have a lot in common, they are both human garbage.

25. Lauren says:

Don’t worry Chair fans, Chuck will find a new woman to abuse soon enough…

26. Bridget says:

Chair is dead. Long live Dair :0

27. Soso says:

This forum is such a chuckistan I can’t even believe it …I wouldn’t wish to my worst ennemy to end up with someone like Chuck, just unstable and not mentally healthy. Yeah, that’s definitely not boring, great ! And as Blair is my fav’ character on the show, and we have seen enough of this non-sense mix of Chair, I smile just thinking of the idea of her and Dan (even if it’s just fiction! great power TV has on us ppl). I’m all rooting for Dair now, til the end of the show! Smile !

• htp says:

Dair definitely brings a smile to my face… they are so adorable, funny/witty and sweet, and I love Dan’s voice (<3 melts<3) my adoration for them is definitely disproportionate, considering they are only a fictional couple, but the thing I love about tv/film is that it can trigger such genuine emotions :) honestly, they were the only reason I got more interested in GG again mid season 4…. definitely rooting for Dair as endgame !

28. Lila says:

It’s all comedy Im 100% sure they are going to make things work out …it’s been a year writers have invested on Dait it’s not to break it so soon because of some random first time problem!
    Dair all the way. Chuck go find someone else you can depress with.

29. Lila says:

It’s all comedy Im 100% sure they are going to make things work out, it’s been a year writers have invested on Dait it’s not to break it so soon because of some random first time problem!
    Dair all the way. Chuck go find someone else you can depress with.

30. Eliza says:

Dan and Blair can overcome any obstacle

31. Kelly says:

On Grey’s I wish they would use Lexie more. On Once Upon a Time, Robert Carlyle deserves and emmy this year. He is incredible. I love Rumpel and Belle’s story.

32. Kimberly says:

Since when is Andrew straight ?!!!!

33. Lauren says:

Dair is on baby!!!!!!!!!!!

34. Hanna says:

Nothing from Bones.. :(

35. Briony says:

I do love that the new British bloke on Castle is actually being played by an Australian :P yay Brett Tucker!

36. Michelle says:

I wish Ausiello would do a permanent separate Gossip Girl AA so all of the annoying “Dair” and “Chair” and whatever other “-air” fans are out there can go to that instead of filling up the comment section with “I LOVE DAIR” and all of the other annoying GG comments. Michael…I hope you’re reading this!

• Eva says:

THIS, seriously those whiny little girls are getting more and more pathetic week after week. And for what, a show like gossip girl? lol

37. sarah says:

I hope all the cast members are back on Grey’s next season
    I was a little underwhelmed with the Parenthood finale. However I do want Jason Ritter to stay so I hope his pilot is not picked up. I really want Mark and Sarah to marry!!!!

38. LoveMeIfYouDAIR says:

If I am correct at reading into your choice of words, you may be hinting at quickies in public spaces?

39. Chair4ever says:

BAN should be banned. I am NOT surprised that they are having terrible sex, they have ZERO chemistry. Chuck and Blair had fireworks all the time. I think Blair is just confused and Dan is ALWAYS confused about who he loves. It wont last long. Can you imagine Blair living in Brooklyn it just doesnt feel right. It wont be long before Blair will move into the Empire to take her rightful place as Queen B next to her King and they can rule New York and the UES. Chair is EPIC bottomline. They are doing Dair or Ban now to get it out the way because Chair is endgame!!!!

40. kate says:

is there anyone out there on the intertubez besides me who just watches gossip girl to look at the pretty clothes, see what happens, and doesn’t dair and chair themselves to death? seriously people, breathe.

41. cynthia chamoun says:

i m soooooo happpyyyyy that aussiello has answered my question.

42. Savannah says:

Correction, we never actually hear that she said “no”, according to Will in Lo-Fi they were “working out the kinks”

43. Mari says:

OMG the castle spoiler! So this really leads me to believe that caskett is the blind item cause Beckett’s attraction to this other guy will force them to finally discuss their feelings. At least I hope.

44. Stephanie says:

Will and Emma are definitely heading towards a Gleeful May wedding. Finn/Rachel will end up calling off the wedding due to the repercussions of Quinn’s accident and in my opinion the fact that they are still too young and Rachel still has her sights set on NYADA and Broadway

45. karab01 says:

“I rarely, if ever, screw up. ”
    ahem, what’s up with the new characters in the office?

46. Susie says:

I feel like the proposal from Criminal Minds is gonna be Will to JJ…it makes perfect sense! She rejects him and they broke up. Perfect, i can’t stand’em as a couple…Well assuming that Will will propose to her.

47. Jessica says:

My guess about Dan and Blair is that they use alcohol as a way to lose their inhibitions and have good sex, which would not be very sustainable long-term.
    As someone who is enjoying where the Dan and Blair relationship has been going for the past year, I do hope the writers/producers decide to explore that relationship fully. Theirs could be a mature and sane relationship on this show for once. Chuck said it himself: Blair is changing. It makes sense that a more mature Blair would be drawn to Dan. I do hope their sex life improves. The actors have believable kissing chemistry, so good sex doesn’t seem so far off. :)

48. P says:

Agree. The show is not the same anymore.

49. Mak says:

Morgan’s going to be in a lot of trouble when his cousin’s case comes up again. He let his aunt believe they’d found her killer. It’s about time we saw his personal life though. Just wish he were meeting a woman.