Pilot Scoop: Rachael Taylor Moves to 666 Park Avenue, Oscar Winner to Beauty and the Beast
Also among the latest pilot castings: ABC’s Beauty and the Beast adds an Oscar winner, The Goodwin Games‘ Becki Newton and Scott Foley gain a sibling, and Law & Order vet Linus Roache eyes more drama.
As first reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Taylor will star in 666 Park opposite Dave Annable (Brothers & Sisters) as one-half of a couple who agrees to manage an historic (and supernaturally-charged) New York City apartment complex owned by an equally creepy older man (played by Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn).
In other pilot news, per our sister site Deadline:
• Academy Award winner F. Murray Abraham — who most recently popped up on Blue Bloods — has joined ABC’s Beauty and the Beast pilot as a wise and trusted but duplicitous man of state.
• Linus Roache (Law & Order) will play an ambitious senator in ABC’s untitled Roland Emmerich drama pilot centered on an astrophysics grad student in NYC who learns he’s been chosen to destroy the forces of evil.
• Jake Lacy (Better With You) will play brother to Becki Newton and Scott Foley in The Goodwin Games, the Fox comedy pilot about a trio of siblings who reconnect in order to inherit their recently-deceased father’s fortune.
• Missi Pyle (The Artist) will star alongside Mike O’Malley in Fox’s Prodigy Bully, a comedy about a young genius who uses his brains and brawn to get whatever he wants. Pyle will play the boy’s intense mother.
• David Eigenberg is suiting up for his first series regular gig since Sex and the City as a veteran firefighter in NBC’s drama pilot Chicago Fire, which comes from Law & Order creator Dick Wolf.
• Mercy/Necessary Roughness alumna Jaime Lee Kirchner has joined the cast of Fox’s untitled drama pilot about a female doctor (Jordana Spiro) working for the mafia in Chicago, playing surgical resident.
Which pilot castings have your interest piqued?