American Idol Fave Haley Reinhart to Perform on 90210 and Cause Problems for [Spoiler]!

Hey, Bennie, now that I have your attention, did you hear? Haley Reinhart is going to be appearing — as well as performing — on The CW’s 90210 this spring.

Interscope Records shared the good news via Twitter on Tuesday morning, saying: “@HaleyReinhart will perform #Free on 90210.” (“Free,” as Haliens know, is a retro-soul ballad and the first single off Reinhart’s debut album; get a taste of it from the video embedded below.)

What brings about the Growler’s visit? TVLine has learned that when she appears as herself in the March 27 episode, performing at a showcase, one of her backup guys drops out, and Dixon gets invited to perform with her. Alas, that sparks a conflict between Adrianna and Dixon that may lead to bigger consequences than you think.

90210 resumes its fourth season on Tuesday, March 6, at 8/7c.

Loading video...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Lauren says:

Damn, I’ll have to actually watch that episode. I hadn’t seen that Free footage before, looks good! Excited for her album. I don’t even watch American Idol, I just saw Slezaks’ recap and randomly watched her clips on YouTube.

• darcy's evil twin says:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Darn, I’m going to have to watch that crappy show.

• Tom22 says:

Haley is like a pied-pipe for me lately, dragging me to all these places.
      – I had never bothered to buy anything on itunes before wanting to hear more of her singing.
      – Visited lots of sites like this one to find any new news about her..normally am notinterested in the pop enterainment scene but there were enough clips here and there over the months referenced to keep me searching.
      – Learned about Irvin Mayfield as a musician
      – Watched the Ali birthday show only to see her (but ended up enjoying the rest of teh show too)
      – Got to realize that Slash, who I enjoyed in Guns and Roses when I was 18 and that music was comign out that fit an 18 year old, has moved on to a lot more things of different somewhat more mature mind sets than “sweet child of mine” (which I loved then.. just not where im at now )
      – guess im going to watch the remake of 90210 .. never liked the first one but had to watch a dozen or so episodes due to girl friends interest in the show back then.

• Brigette says:

I love everything about this post. :) I’ve discovered a few artists because Haley mentioned them and low and behold, now I’m a fan of theirs too. Quite the trend-setter she is!

2. Tusk says:

The Slayer rises…..
    I am sooooo happy with how they’ve been promoting Haley….
    Slash/Myles and now a TV spot featuring her debut single that she will appear in?
    I couldn’t have dreamed of a better roll out for Haley
    Thnx Interscope for how you’re representing our girl :D

3. Malcolm Davis says:

Best artist since Adam Lambert. Hope she does well!

4. Seth says:

I might actually watch my first episode of 90210 ever… Go Haley!!

• RTW says:

No kidding. It’ll be interesting to see how big of a ratings bump 90210 will receive from this episode with Haley. HALEY ALL THE WAY!

5. YowzaPowza says:

Great song. But nothing is going to get me to watch 90210. Wish her well though. Can’t wait for her CD to come out.

6. Rob says:

Awesome, Haley Reinhart is the best female Idol in half a decade, her success is like a sure thing. 90210 ratings are going up that day for sure :)

7. Erin says:

Am I the only person who is NOT excited about this?
    I just can’t get on the Haley bandwagon. Aside from her performances of Rolling in the Deep and I Who Have Nothing, I never ‘got’ it/her. I don’t understand why everyone thought Bennie and the Jets was so great…like everything else I heard, it just sounded like someone took a bag of stray cats, and started violently whacking it with a baseball bat.
    I know there’s that whole “If you don’t have anything nice to say…” thing, but I can’t believe that I’m the only person on this site who didn’t care for her.

• Terry says:

Music is very subjective. You like who you like, and I like who I like, and I f’n love Haley Reinhart!!! But I understand where you’re coming from because there were a couple guys on last season that I thought were make-your-ears-bleed bad and yet the “judges” had nothing but OTT praise for them. To each their own.

• Dan says:

Bennie and the Jets was pitchy perfect, raspy, growly and everything charismatic. Her voice is actually incredibly powerful too. She was a breath of fresh air. I’m sick of all these boring country singers.

• Gr8uncl says:

It’s okay. We, the Haliens of the world understand. We will not
      be critical of your choices for the love of music. But Haley is
      more than music. Many of us see a little bit of ourselves in her.
      As she pointed out in the beginning of it all, she wanted to
      inspire people of the world, and she has done just that. Even
      more, she brought back something that some of us thought
      was lost in the past, a style that invites you to come along and
      enjoy the party experience, and to get up your courage and be
      who you want to be, and let the rest of the world know that you
      too can sing and express yourself freely. I don’t know if anyone
      felt it, but when I saw her on that Idol stage and heard her sing,
      I felt she was inviting me to come up there with her and sing
      along. Maybe it’s just me, but that’s the way it used to be.
      Haley is what I call a dimensional artist and that is very rare in
      my book.

• fover10 says:

One of the best things I can say about Haley is that she sings from her heart… not from an autotuner.

• buzzenator says:

Yes, you can say subjective, but any objective listener to “Wild Horses” w/Myles Kennedy & Slash, at the Ali 70th BD gala on national TV, would have to acknowledge that performance was beautiful and Haley’s voice was angelic…nothing subjective about that. However, if people are predisposed to not like her for some other reason…well make it up as you go!

8. Miguel says:

Rest assured, you’re not the only poor judge of talent on the site, Erin.
    btw, here is Haley performing with Slash and Myles Kennedy on national television last weekend:

• Terry says:

Bleeping awesome! Anyone who listens to that and still says Haley isn’t unbelievably talented seriously needs to get their hearing checked!

9. Kara says:

She is the closest thing to perfect in the entire world. She makes all of us Haliens so proud in everything she does. She is gonna be a superstar. Haley will ALWAYS be my american idol :) REINHART WORLD DOMINATION!

10. Ray says:

I don’t understand why people comment when they don’t like certain people? Obviously the writer of this article as well as most of the people on this site love Haley Reinhart. So when you see a headline with her in it why even click on it? I’m not trying to be rude I just don’t understand why people click on it if they already don’t like her.
    Anyway! So excited for Haley’s single and all her performances coming up!

• Erin says:

Because I watch 90210, and the news was semi-relevant to my interests.

• april-ann says:

Of course it was, Erin. I firmly believe you have every right to comment on an article whether the news is favorable to you or not. I agree with you about Haley. I will skip her part on 90210 as I find her to be talentless. Benny and the Jets was not just cringe-inducing but painful, and Stepping Out With My Baby was just excruciating, embarrassing to watch and an insult to the great Mr. Tony Bennett.

• Dan says:

now you’re just being ridiculous, april. Listen to your self, seriously. Good god. Tony wouldn’t have performed with her if he thought that, he is the expert at scoping out talent.

• JT says:

April, All of us here who enjoy listening to Haley sing support your right to express your opinion on her. However, your view that she’s “talentless” is certainly in the small, small minority. Even her strongest detractors when she appeared on Idol admitted she was a talented vocalist– instead commenting on her supposed attitude issues, “sex kitten” performance behavior, talking back to the judges, etc, etc. You may NOT like the way she sings or the quality of her voice, but asserting that she’s not talented is flying in the face of all the evidence most see.

In goes without saying to most here, but she 1) received very positive comments by all her show mentors, 2) was invited by Led Zeppelin to sing one of their songs, 3) finished in 3rd place, despite landing in the bottom 3 four times, 4) received more judges standing ovations than any other contestant in the show’s history, 5) had FIVE of her studio recordings simultaneously in the top 60 iTunes downloads when the show ended, 6) signed a recording contract (rumored to be largest in Idol history) with the largest record label in the world, 7) was invited to sing in Carnegie Hall by a world famous jazz musician almost immediately after an impromptu performance with him in nightclub in New Orleans, and 8) received strong praise by the two musicians she sang with for the Ali benefit.

Just keeping it real…

• fover10 says:

Thanks JT, and I’ll add that Wild Horses was her FIRST PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE with two of the most well known rock guitarists, in front of 18,000 of the most influential movers and shakers in the Entertainment industry, and it was televised worldwide. How many other newbe artists have seen do this???

• Joey says:

You don’t have to like Haley’s music, but to say she is talentless? You obviously have something personal against her.

• steve says:

“Bennie and the Jets” was Haley’s best, most creative performance on Idol. Took an old classic Elton John song and truly made it their own. If you thought it was pain-inducing, fine. You just simply don’t like Haley and never will. It’s understandable. I can’t stand the two country bumpkins that made it farther than Haley.
          But don’t call someone talentless as you truly expose how much of a moron you are by uttering such nonsense. This woman can do things with her voice no one on this damn show has ever displayed.

• steve says:

their = her

• april-ann says:

“Bennie and the Jets” was Haley’s best? Yikes, I sure would hate to see her worst. She did make it her own though lol, I’ll give you that, and she sure can do things with her voice that I’m grateful no one else on that show has ever displayed. If you knew my taste in music Steve, I can guarantee you wouldn’t call me a moron. I may not be a fan of Haley’s but I would never post a personal attack on those who are.

• Thom0065 says:

LOL!!! … If you saw the post interview with “Mr Bennett” then you know what a joke your comment is … He was genuinely impressed and with her said outright that she unlike many idol contestents “she knows how to sing” … Hey Erin, your husband just came home and its time for him to ignore you while he watches Haley on youtube!

• Thom0065 says:

My aplogogy to Erin …. I meant April-ann

• april-ann says:

What can I say but that Mr. Bennett is a true pro who has been in the biz forever. He knows the classy things to say and when and where to say them. Btw, are those air quotes you placed around his name to sound sarcastic?, because it is not necessary and is disrespectful to him.

• Thom0065 says:

I dont know why using quotes for “Mr Bennett” would be disrespectful… mabye you can explain that?? I refer to him as Tony Bennett, so using your rather silly post as a reference I quoted … I also have seen him in concert three time in the past 3 years, so I have the utmost appreciation for him … Now he not being a “true pro” when complimenting her, he meant what he said … She understands how to sing … as for you your musical opinions are laughable and the facts are with me … see the comments from any number of people she has worked with, “Mr Bennett” “Ms Crowe”, “Ms Knowles”, “Mr Mayfield”, “Mr Iovine” and many other … bye bye “April-Ann” ..

• Miguel says:

“He knows the classy things to say and when and where to say them.”
            Tony Bennett was being interviewed backstage. He prefaced his remark by saying he watched American Idol “year-in and year-out” and that compared to many of the other Idols, especially this year, “she knows how to sing.”
            So it’s your contention he denigrated other performers and the talent level of the show overall in order to spare Haley’s feelings because he’s a classy guy.
            I suppose it’s also your contention that Myles Kennedy and Slash are the nicest guys in the businesses and they asked Haley to perform with them on a national stage because they felt sorry for her.

• Miguel says:

He called you a moron for insisting Haley is talentless. Your “taste in music” doesn’t justify your criticism as it’s already been pointed out respected professionals respect Haley’s vocal abilities. As for you not stooping so low as to post a personal attack, your attack on Haley is an expression of your personal dislike for her couched as a criticism of her performance.

• Emma says:

Agree with you Ray, SMH, some people are just plain mean. It’s one thing to say you don’t care for someone’s music, but to compare it to beating stray cats with a bat is extreme. Oh well, I feel sorry for people who don’t appreciate Haley cuz they are really missing out on something special.

• fover10 says:

Ray, I think it’s a natural curiosity, and we in Haleyland have seen many casual drop-ins become fans. So I would encourage it. And, who knows, maybe Erin will decide to join us.

11. swansteel says:

I’m not so blinded by my own opinion that I can’t understand that not everybody is going to agree with my tastes. The world is full of millions of folks and I’m sure most of them don’t feel the same way I do about, say, Community, Tabasco Sauce or even Haley Reinhart. Let some dislike her, that’s fine. But please let there be enough other people in the world who love Haley’s talent as much as I do so that she can continue to fill my ears with magic. I have never in my life watched 90120 before, but without question I will be watching this episode. I’m so excited I could faint.

12. Kim says:

Simply put the folks at Interscope know what they are doing. Ignore the musically challenged few that insist on bashing any contracted singer like Haley. The only thing they really prove is their musical ignorance.
    Haley Reinhart will be a top earner for Interscope,she is an amazing vocalist. Other well known musicians and singers are acknowledging that. I read that she also writes and has written or co written 27 songs. Can anyone confirm that?

• april-ann says:

I don’t know if she is a song writer but that is a real possibility. I hope she sticks to writing songs. For sure those folks know what they’re doing. They can package up anyone any way they want if they think it will sell. Certainly not the first time and won’t be the last. She is lucky to have such a loyal following.

• Rigo says:

Just looking at the times of your posts today, april-ann, it’s obvious you keep coming back to this page again and again to check on replies from Haley’s fans. Does this get a rise out of you? Going to websites of artists you admittedly don’t like and arguing with their fans?
        Why would anyone bother wasting more than a minute of their day going to sites that don’t interest them? Unless they are just negative, mean-spirited people that have no lives or friends, and way too much spare time….. Now I’m done being mature.. and will kindly ask you to fuuck off. Thanks. :)

• april-ann says:

I did not realize this was a website for Haley and her fans. If that is the case, then I am sorry and I will leave. No, it does not get a rise out of me. I thought I was commenting on an article about a show I watch and that is why it interested me, but in reading up, I see that I was wrong. “Haley’s fans” largely came on here to say how much they hate the show. Ohh, I get it now. It’s okay to come on here and diss the show, it’s just not okay to comment on who will be GUESTING on the show. It was never about the show….okay, I see. I guess it is pointless now to say that I loved it when Kellie Pickler guested, she is talented and was adorable on it. Thanks for setting me straight, Rigo.

• april-ann says:

By the way Rigo, if you have time to keep checking the times of my posts, then I would say you are the one who has too much time on his hands. And when is it you were mature? Saying that I am negative, have no life and no friends just because I feel that Haley’s “talent” is questionable? Seriously? I feel sorry for you. How do you get along in life that way — attacking people just because they disagree with you?

• Tusk says:

It’s called being a troll. They don’t get enough attention at home so seek it out, if not with honey, then with vinegar. Obviously, april-ann is the latter.
          Just let her go, and listen to the roar of appreciation grow. These little niggling, uninformed and obviously baiting comments will soon be drowned out.
          Stay classy, don’t feed the troll

• april-ann says:

Wow, Tusk that’s harsh. Just because I’m not a fan of Haley’s? Just because I disagree with you? I’m a fan of 90210, I actually watch it. I have no right to comment on the article which is about who is guest starring on it? You know, it really does your “idol” no favors by reacting that way.

13. Dan says:

This is awesome promotion, only one week after it gets released. I’m SO excited.

14. Brigette says:

It usually bugs me when artists appear on shows like this, but I will forgive Haley because she’s Haley. And I’m excited to see her acting chops– she’s said she wants sing and act, so I’m happy for her that she gets to play around with this! Let’s just hope her appearance on 90210 is better than Keri Strugg’s back in the day. (Anyone remember that? Anyone?)

15. em says:

I think Haley is too good of a talent for 90210, but I’m also not sure she’ll appeal to most of their audience. Most musicians 90210 brings in are pure pop. More exposure is great, but I wonder if 90210 is really the right exposure. Anyway, I don’t know why Haley would cause problems between Dixon and A, unless it’s about musical/creative differences. I guess Ivy was a free-spirit, so maybe Dixon sees that in Haley, but it just wouldn’t make sense for Haley to come in between them romantically imo. Unless it was just an excuse since they’re already going downhill.

• Miguel says:

The core audience for 90210 is women 18-34 years old. That seems like a good demographic to target with this song initially.

16. Sam M says:

Listen April, everyone is entitled to their opinion and there is absolutely nothing wrong with people liking different music. But to say she is talentless? Tactless, cruel. Why? Just because you don’t like her voice doesn’t mean that she isn’t talented, and she is. Very. So much goes into singing, and what she can do with her voice, it’s not easy. It takes talent to do that. I’m not a country music fan, I don’t listen to Scotty, and Miranda Lambert, and Faith Hill, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t talented. They’re all very talented, and for you to call her talentless based off of a simple opinion isn’t okay. Imagine if someone said that about your favorite artist. I don’t think it would sit too well with you either.

17. april-ann says:

No, Sam M, I’d be fine with that. If someone said my favorite was not talented, I would be so okay with that, because that would be their opinion, and I am secure enough with my opinion to be able to take it. I go to many concerts. The last one was just a few weeks ago, Deep Purple (amazing). Now THAT’S talent. I’m not willing to say that everyone in showbiz is talented and if that offends you, then I am truly sorry. American Idol is about marketing the whole package, and if they can do that then good for them. I know some of them have true talent (Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler, Chris Daughtrey, and my personal fave Jennifer Hudson). But some don’t, and that’s where equalizers and sound come in. They can make anyone sound great, I mean it, anyone. With all that help, I still didn’t think she passed muster. I’m very sorry if that bothers you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and time will tell if singers have the talent to stick around. I agree with her appearance on 90210 however, she could use the exposure and it couldn’t hurt the show (which is so bad right now anyway, lol).

• Miguel says:

My opinion is you’re a passive-aggressive b*tch who likes to push peoples’ buttons. Most likely, you’ve pushed everyone away in your personal life so you come to the Internet now to play your games.
      Your behavior is transparent and your attempts to justify it are a farce.

• Billy says:

I haven’t agreed with anything april-ann has said here (except her comment about Kelly, Carrie, and Jennifer having true talent) but your post above even hurt MY feelings :(

• april-ann says:

I’m truly sorry. That was not my intention. I won’t say another word about Haley.

• Terry says:

I could be wrong but I think Billy was referring to Miguel, not you april-ann. And I tend to agree. You’re not doing Haley any favors, Miguel, with posts like that! I’m a huge Haley fan and will support her by buying her music, not by fighting with her detractors on the internet.

• Billy says:

Yes, I was referring to Miguel – what he posted was pretty harsh, IMO.

• Miguel says:

I don’t regret what I said because I believe it to be true.

• Terry says:

Hmmm, that is really unfortunate because like I said before you’re not doing Haley any favors! It certainly doesn’t represent Haley’s fanbase very well.

• Miguel says:

Don’t worry about me. I don’t makes posts on articles about other performers stating my dislike for them, call them talentless, attempt to diminish the recognition they receive from other professionals, make snide remarks that I hope they stick to writing songs, state that American Idol can make anyone sound great but they were beyond help, etc. all the while pretending I am totally objective and not making such posts in an attempt to provoke a reaction.
            I save my ire for people who ask for it.

• Terry says:

Hey man, if you want to continue to make yourself and Haley’s fanbase look bad, that’s your perogative. I was hoping you’d do the right thing and apologize like april-ann did. People are going to have their own opinions about Haley and you calling them names and making harsh personal attacks isn’t going to change their opinions.

18. Gr8uncl says:

I’m reminded of an interview Haley did when the person speaking to her, told of some people on his blogs showing hatred toward her during the American idol show. When he finished that statement, he turned from Haley. And at that moment you could see in her reactions that she was extremely uncomfortable. He turned off the comments on this youtube page because of people reacting to what he did. But on Pia’s and Paul’s youtube pages by the same interviewer you could
    see the continued reaction people had toward him for doing
    that to Haley. I don’t care what it is that bothers all of us, no
    one should have to learn that they are hated for what they have worked hard to achieve, especially by an interviewer who knows darn well many will witness the event. All she wants is for her dreams to come true. It’s what she’s worked hard for, isn’t it. You don’t have to like Haley for a song, but don’t hate her because of one that didn’t set right in your ears either. We all have our own tastes in what soothes our ears and our moods. Frankly, I don’t like rap music, but I don’t run around on the internet expressing that fact. It just doesn’t fit my ways, that’s all. I’ll tell you what I do like – I like Haley Reinhart and Casey Abrams. Two gutsy young adults who dare to be different.

19. tammy says:

I get to see her on march 6th at an accoustic evening with our radio station! i can’t wait! :-)

• Tusk says:

I am extremely jealous but happy for you. With a Haley, a great performance is guaranteed. Have fun (how can you not?) LOL

20. Halye's Comet says:

LONG LIVE THE GROWLER!! She sonunds great on this song. Is her single available for download on itunes now? We must support Haley, and buy her song.

21. Himm2 says:

In reading these comments I get tears of pride and joy for Haley and the Reinhart family who I’ve gotten to know quite well this past year. Everything about Haley is very positive and exhilarating. I couldn’t have picked a better up-in-coming superstar to follow and promote. I’m a fan for life, she can do no wrong in my book.

22. Jeanne says:

Hey there, You’ve done an excellent job. I will definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I’m confident they’ll be benefited from this website.

23. Earthling says:

Your all wet Erin. According to what I see on your twitter at @erinluvsmusic12, you don’t like Haley at all.

24. Earthling says: