FX Sets Date for Charlie Sheen's Anger Management and Other Summer Comedy Fare

FX has chosen Thursday, June 28 as the launching pad for a newly robust night of comedy, teed up by the series premiere of Charlie Sheen‘s Anger Management.

Loosely based on the 2003 Jack Nicholson/Adam Sandler movie, Sheen’s Anger will debut that Thursday at 9/8c with back-to-back episodes. It will be followed at 10 pm by the Season 2 premiere of Wilfred (featuring guest star Robin Williams). Season 3 of Louis C.K.’s Louie will unspool at 10:30 pm.

Selma Blair Signs Up for Anger Management With Charlie Sheen

Starting July 5, Anger Management will regularly air at 9:30 pm, leading out of a repeat of the previous week’s episode.

FX Boss Talks About Getting Into Bed With Charlie Sheen

Capping FX’s Thursday line-up is Strangely Uplifting, a new late-night offering starring British bad boy Russell Brand and promising an “unvarnished, unfiltered take on current events, politics and pop culture.”

Which of FX’s summer comedies are you most looking forward to?

Comments (12)

• FX seems to be the only network with any clue. That’s an amazing thursday night line up.

Comment by Tim – February 28, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any line up with Louis CK’s show is of a higher caliber thanks to the quality of his show. Wilfred also was great last year, I can’t believe that I am interested to see all of these shows, especially considering two of them star Charlie Sheen and Russell Brand. I hope Sheen does something different with this character, I think this is his chance to prove the guy in Platoon and Wall Street hasn’t been burned away. He was apparently a professional and well liked actor on Spin City and I hope he gets it together and makes something great. FX is one of my favourite channels and the quality of the shows they make is incredible. I hope the streak continues…

Comment by Shawnobot – February 28, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my..i can’t wait, Anger Management i am really curious to watch, hope it will be good; Charlie Sheen has really good comedic timing skills and i just love Louie and Wilfred..Russel Brand well i will see, i can take it or leave it.. this night appeared to be just awesome : FX you rock !

Comment by Juliet – February 28, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love anything russell brand. I think it is going to be a great line up!!

Comment by cindy – April 22, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I read that Sheen was playing a baseball player in AM, I was hoping he’d be reprising the role of Wild Thing.

Comment by Michael Sacal – February 28, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlie used to look like a leading man. Now, he looks like a villain.

Comment by JJ – February 28, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so what ? ‘villain’ are more interesting anyway..and what about ‘anti-hero’ ? He is perfect for it and it is the new ‘it’ type of leading man. The ‘goodie clean dudley do right’ hero interest nobody, it is boring, i chose Sheen eccentric ways over that any day even more on(-screen when it is supposed to entertain us.

Comment by Julie – February 28, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only 5 comments? I guess this shows the lack of interest in Charlie Sheen. However, I am looking forward to Louie C.K. Watched Wilfred last year, but am still not sure about it as after every episode I was slightly disturbed.

Comment by Melissa29 – February 28, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In this case it also shows the lack of interest in Louie C.K. isn’t it ?

Comment by Reality check – February 28, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited for the new season of Wilfred! It’s been a long wait after that season ending show and I’ve been dying to know what happens. Good luck to those amazing writers.

Comment by Joyce – February 28, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Charlie’s Show!!!!

Comment by Frank – March 12, 2012 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post