Exclusive: Desperate Housewives Books Scott Bakula to Play [Spoiler Alert]

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Bree is lawyering up with Scott Bakula.

ABC’s Desperate Housewives has closed a deal with the Men of a Certain Age alum to play Bree’s conservative, high-powered, straight-arrow attorney for multiple episodes, TVLine has learned exclusively.

An ABC rep declined to comment on further storyline details, but I’m told Bakula’s character will help Bree fight an impending murder rap.

In addition to his stint on TNT’s Men, Bakula’s many TV credits also include Chuck, The New Adventures of Old Christine, Star Trek: Enterprise and, of course, Quantum Leap.

Desperate Housewives is wrapping up its eighth and final season in May.

Comments (10)

• I might be a little over reaching, but I would live it if ending up with this guy is Bree’s endgame.

Comment by Dave – February 28, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking/hoping the same thing!

Comment by Hannah – February 28, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, he should be her happily-ever-after!

Comment by KCC – February 28, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh hells no! Bakula as Bree’s final love? Orson–no matter how infuriatingly creepy the writers have made him this season (even if he might bite the bullet)–should be Bree’s final love. I mean, why even put up with Orson since his introduction in season 2 otherwise?

Comment by Bea – February 28, 2012 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved when Bakula reunited with Candice Bergen on Boston Legal a few seasons ago, he definitely nailed that lawyer gig. I’m excited to see him play a lawyer again here.

Comment by Anthony – February 28, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Scott Bakula in anything. Would love to see him land on something permanently!

Comment by msmorgan – February 29, 2012 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scott Bakula rocks my world – I just might watch DH for a bit.

Comment by Trista – February 29, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s great… and hot. I’ll watch.

Comment by Liz – February 29, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh boy!

Comment by Amber – February 29, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smartest move ever by ABC. Women LOVE Scott. I see a ratings boost coming!

Comment by Reese – March 3, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post