Scoop: Castle Casts Spartacus Actor Brett Tucker

Get More: Casting News

Brett TuckerCastle is getting a little dose of international flavor.

Australian actor Brett Tucker (Neighbours) has been cast in an upcoming episode of the ABC series, TVLine has learned.

Good Wife Snoop Cops Castle Role

Tucker — whose stateside credits include Off the Map and Spartacus: Vengeance — will play Simon Hunt, a devilishly handsome detective from Scotland Yard in Episode 20, “The Limey.” Hunt joins forces with Castle and Beckett to find the person who murdered his friend’s daughter.

Tucker’s installment will likely air in April.

Comments (15)

• He had better not put the moves on beckett that’s all I am saying although i wouldnt mind seeing a jealous castle for once

Comment by Karen – February 28, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or this could happen: He puts the moves on Beckett, Castle gets jealous, Castle and Beckett argue, it forces Castle and Beckett to confront their relationship status, and then Castle and Beckett FINALLY pull their heads out of their a**es and get together. :)

Comment by Rachael – February 28, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • im all for that. :)

Comment by amy – February 28, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This eposode was one of my absolute favorites. I really think that the producers of Castle should create a new series around this character and call it SCOTLAND YARD. I think it would be an instand and long running hit.

Comment by Arretta E. Keefer – November 18, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited!!! He played the handsome Dave on McLeod’s Daughters.

Comment by Anna – February 28, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Dan from Neighbours! x

Comment by Bear75 – February 28, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t he the guy that Ilythia wanted to ditch Glabor for? I liked him! Can’t wait to see him on Castle!

Comment by Nerwen Aldarion – February 28, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! He was awesome on McLeod’s Daugthers!! :D

Comment by Sophie – February 28, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love that they put (Neighbours) in brackets, like people actually know what that is.
    I mean, I do (being Australian) but I think few Americans would know of it.
    McLeod’s daughters was great too (I cried so much when Claire died)… until they ran out of daughters. Then it was awkward.

Comment by Carlie – February 28, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never sell the TVLINE readership short; they are very global, representing a wide variety of countries :)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 28, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • South African tvline fan here who has a Mcleod’s boxset and loves Firefly. Random…

Comment by Modesty – February 28, 2012 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He will always be Max from the Saddle Club to me :) excited to see him in Castle then :D

Comment by Briony – February 29, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG… I’m watching Castle right now…. Brett Tucker is looking better than he ever has!!! This ’5:00 Shadow Bad Boy’ look suits him extremely well (feeling a little warm from his hottness, whew!)… absolutely gorgeous!!! The heck with Castle …Beckett should hold on to the Scotland Yard bloke really tight!! The network needs to sign him on for a few episodes.

Comment by Cys – April 3, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Brett Tucker, really I do. Mcleod’s Daughters was fab, he wag reat on neighbours, and I’m sure he’ll be great on Castle, but that accent? Cockney with twist?sorry mate, it’s dreadful!

Comment by Cat – June 10, 2012 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just watchef the epidode. Im not sure if Brett was supposed to be british. He daid he csme from the East End I assume of London.That being the case he had the worst English accent I have ever heard. Surely with all the British/English actors they habe over there they could have found one suitable for thr role. Visually he looked like Becks its true…but heaven knows what accent he was aiming for. He sounded what he is an Aussie…lol.

Comment by peterG – November 21, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post