The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Monday

On TV this Monday: Castle jumps on the fairytale bandwagon, the Pretty Little Liars deal with daddy issues, the James Caan is on (on Hawaii Five-0) and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features, here are nine programs to keep on your radar.

House First Look: Whoa, Momma — Look Who’s Returning!

8 pm Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) | One father has a guilty conscience, one has a daughter he doesn’t trust, one is hiding a secret from his little girl and the other dad is MIA. All told, it is not the ideal time for Rosewood’s annual Father-Daughter Dance.

8 pm The Voice (NBC) | The final round of blind auditions commences. Special guests Zac Efron, Betty White and The Lorax stop by.

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | Barney tries to pursue Quinn even after learning she is a stripper; Marshall and Lily introduce Robin to life in the suburbs, while Ted tries to figure out what to do with her old room. (See photos!)

Gossip Girl Sneak Peek: Tonight, Blair Shares Some Very Good News With Dan

9 pm Hart of Dixie (The CW) | When George is named Bluebell’s Man of the Year, Lavon is expected to host a celebratory cocktail party for him. Awkward. Zoe steps up to help, but ends up ruining the evening by… well, you’ll see.

9 pm Alcatraz (Fox) | The only innocent man in Alcatraz (guest star Mahershala Ali, The 4400) returns to present day… but is now committing crimes. That’s called irony.

9 pm Being Human (Syfy) | The tables are turned when the Werewolf Twins set up a hunt — with Aidan as prey; Sally comes face-to-face with the mysterious force that has been hunting her.

Exclusive Lying Game Video: Rebecca Helps [Spoiler] Out of a Murderous Situation

10 pm Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | Five-0 crosses paths with Tony Archer (guest star James Caan), a retired NYPD bomb expert who is now a private investigator on Oahu, when they investigate the death of famous talk radio DJ (SNL alum Dennis Miller).

10 pm Castle (ABC) | Things look Grimm when a woman dressed as Red Riding Hood is found dead in the woods with claw marks covering her body, and soon after a murdered Snow White is discovered with a poison apple in her hand. Sarah Jane Morris (NCIS), Taylor Kinney (The Vampire Diaries) and Jason Thompson (General Hospital) guest-star. In the meantime, we’ll be checking Mayor Regina Mills’ alibi.

10 pm Smash (NBC) | Derek hosts a party for a hot young star (guest star Nick Jonas); Eileen tries a sly new strategy for raising funds; Karen must learn to advance in the high-stakes world of Broadway. Press PLAY on this Spoiler Alert! to watch Cougar Town‘s Busy Philipps and Dan Byrd perform a scene from tonight’s episode:

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Lists, Previews, TVLine-Ups

1. yippity says:

ahhhh james caan used to look so much better than his son does…

2. Sid says:

I love MONDAYS!!!!
    PLL, 2BG and HF0

3. HIMYM and The Lying Game. We kind of gave up on Alcatraz after two or three weeks … it just felt like another procedural. I’m interested to see where HIMYM is going with Robin’s storyline. I wish she’d gotten her own place instead of moving in with Marshall and Lily, though, I did think she was hilarious when she lived with them briefly in S4.

4. kirads09 says:

Alcatraz
    Hawaii Five O
    Lizard Lick Towing (my trashy guilty pleasure)
    Pawn Stars

5. kevin says:

The Voice (the final blind auditions of the season) & Hawaii Five-O (Dennis Miller & James Caan). :)

6. Jarrod says:

I just have my remote ready for some Dair action on GG. BRING ON THE NIGHT!

7. Little Scarf Girl says:

By the way, you have Smash listed as being at 9pm instead of 10pm on the sidebar!

8. Brandy says:

Pll, lying game, smash, gg, hart of dixie, 2 broke girls

9. Thenightstalker says:

Daytona 500 is being pushed back to 7 Eastern so it will preempt House and Alcatraz.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

The Fox scheduling guru on Twitter says that preemption is not necessarily so.

• filmex says:

As I understood it, Fox will pre-empt “House” and “Alcatraz”, the only caveat being if it continues to rain and the race doesn’t go off as planned.
        Did you hear something different?

• ebowers says:

Well if that is the case than Fox can certainly expect much HIGHER RATINGS then it has seen in a LONG,LONG,LONG time on a MONDAY

10. Lemon says:

Maybe I’m the only one that watches Hart of Dixie..but it is NOT on the hour before Castle, they air in the same timeslot. Please stop getting my hopes up each Monday that I can watch them both only to be fooled by this torrid web of lies, LIES!

11. Justine says:

It is in CA. HOD is on at 9 while Castle is on at 10. When I lived in CO though, the CW delayed their shows an hour for their daily news report so HOD and Castle were both on at 9.

12. TequilaGirl says:

Hawaii Five-0 all the way!!! BTW Alyse, “returning” guest star James Caan? This is his first appearance and no commitment has been made either by the elder Mr Caan or the PTB @ Hawaii Fiv-0.

13. sarah says:

Looking forward to Hawaii Five 0!! Love that show and love Alex O’loughlin!

14. Jill says:

I’m so excited to see James Caan on screen with son Scott Caan and the rest of the Hawaii Five-O crew. I love Scott, so it will be so great to see him in scenes with his dad.

15. Justin says:

House, Alcatraz, Being Human, Lost Girl, 2 Broke Girls, and Hawaii 5-0 are on my must-watch list tonight.

16. Jen says:

It would be a waste if Castle didn’t throw in a line about the mayor doing the killings

17. G says:

As usual I will watching PLL, Lying Game, Hart of Dixie, and H5O.

18. Velvet says:

Supernatural (TNT)
    Paranormal State (Bio)
    Daytona 500
    Hart of Dixie
    Being Human
    Castle
    Lost Girl

19. Sue says:

Oh Monday, why so many shows on one night? Let’s see an hour of The Voice then switch to Alcatraz, DVR Hart of Dixie, DVR H50 and watch Castle.

20. Paula says:

The Daytona 500 could be bad news for CBS since the same morons who watch CBS tend to watch things like NASCAR.

21. Mo says:

Two Broke Girls has become my Monday guilty pleasure.

22. cathy says:

I watched The Voice and Smash and taped 2 broke girls and Gossip girl

23. thisaliassucks says:

Hawaii five-0
    A lot of people i talk to find lori or Laurie or laury or lory? Annoying. Personally, I like her. I mean I like the extra character. I liked Jenna Kay the same way and she was evil (In love but still RUDE) and as far as I’m concerned, as long as she doesn’t take him to north Korea, She’s alright. Im not saying the show needs her, but shes a nice little field agent thingomawhoopsie. I think Kono should work in electronic studies for the team like Eric in NCIS LA and Laurie Should take the field position as Chin Ho’s Partner.
    I Think it would be AWESOME if every crime drama in US got together for a tv show showdown. like only one character though eg. Callen Gibbs Mcgarret (or Danny :]) Rizolli, and many more.
    I Hope the NCIS LA hawaii five-0 crossover is as good as they say, i hope it reveals more about sam and steves seal work, kenzie’s hawaiian history and more.

24. Lily says:

House was pre-empted for the Daytona 500. When will that episode air?