Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Red Alert!

ABC’s Once Upon a Time is heading into the wolf-ravaged woods, and we’ve got a sneak peek at Red Riding Hood’s bloody backstory.

Once Upon a Time Hot Shots: The Dwarfs Meet the Beautiful [Spoiler]!

In the March 11 episode (airing at 8/7c), the feisty Ruby (played by Meghan Ory) finally throws down her apron and quits her job at Granny’s diner. Emma takes pity on her and hires the former waitress to be her assistant in order to figure out what she’s good at in life.
Back in the fairytale land that was, things are much less promising for Red, who yearns to run away with her true love but is stuck at home with Granny, all thanks to a wolf on a killing spree.
The hour also reveals how Red met the helpless Snow White after the Huntsman released her.

1. M says:

Calling it now: Granny is the wolf.

• Lauren says:

That was the impression the photos gave me. But they said Whale would be back this episode so it could be him. Or he could be her true love.

2. F says:

Ruby is my favorite character and I can’t wait for this. Please make her a regular already!

3. Chris says:

Abotu time they did something with Red Riding Hood!

4. Eliz says:

Ugh, enough with the true love b.s. I thought these fairy tales were going to be reinventions/modern takes? This show!

• Beth says:

Thank you! It’s making me crazy. I could take the true love talk being in the mix if occasionally a non-villain would care about something else for a second or two.
      To those of you about to ask me why I watch if I’m just going to complain about it, I say to you – fair question. A- My friend watches; we talk about it. B- I have a pre-existing attachment to one of the writers. C- I often find myself needing to blow off steam on Sunday nights before a busy week of work/school. D- I’m dying to find out what Snow did to the Queen.
      So I watch, and I complain. Sue me.
      At least they’re not harping on adoptive parents not loving their children and foster parents being greedy monsters every week anymore. Endless obsession with true love is positively benign by comparison.

5. AJ says:

Calling it: Doctor Whale (Mary’s one night stand) is the wolf.

6. Um says:

Anyone else think that Red in Photo #1 looked a lot like Kristian Alfonso (Hope from Days of Our Lives?) Seriously, she could be a dead ringer of younger 1980s Hope. It was uncanny…

7. TC says:

About $@#$@# time

8. Melly says:

Yes she does!!!!!!

9. Jenny says:

Please tell me that means hipster sherriff is back, even if it’s just a flashback.

• Paige says:

He’s not credited to appear sadly. But I did hear they are trying to get him back on an upcoming episode. Very much hoping that works out.

10. Justin says:

That’s what I’m talking about!! Love Red Riding Hood!!

11. I think it would be interesting if Red & the wolf fell in love à la Carol Ann Duffy’s ‘Little Red Cap’…

12. Julie says:

Oh Whale is so the wolf!!!

13. P says:

Despite Dr. Whale appearing in this episode we supposedly won’t even learn his counterpart this season.
    Anyway, excited to see Red’s story. Though we won’t see the Huntsman (Boo!) I’m glad we’ll atleast hear him mentioned again and finally figure of what that Whistle he gave Snow does ( I assume it calls his Wolf, but I doubt it’s the same Wolf attacking the town.)