Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Red Alert!

ABC’s Once Upon a Time is heading into the wolf-ravaged woods, and we’ve got a sneak peek at Red Riding Hood’s bloody backstory.

Once Upon a Time Hot Shots: The Dwarfs Meet the Beautiful [Spoiler]!

In the March 11 episode (airing at 8/7c), the feisty Ruby (played by Meghan Ory) finally throws down her apron and quits her job at Granny’s diner. Emma takes pity on her and hires the former waitress to be her assistant in order to figure out what she’s good at in life.
Back in the fairytale land that was, things are much less promising for Red, who yearns to run away with her true love but is stuck at home with Granny, all thanks to a wolf on a killing spree.
The hour also reveals how Red met the helpless Snow White after the Huntsman released her.

Comments (18)

• Calling it now: Granny is the wolf.

Comment by M – February 27, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was the impression the photos gave me. But they said Whale would be back this episode so it could be him. Or he could be her true love.

Comment by Lauren – February 27, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ruby is my favorite character and I can’t wait for this. Please make her a regular already!

Comment by F – February 27, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abotu time they did something with Red Riding Hood!

Comment by Chris – February 27, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, enough with the true love b.s. I thought these fairy tales were going to be reinventions/modern takes? This show!

Comment by Eliz – February 27, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! It’s making me crazy. I could take the true love talk being in the mix if occasionally a non-villain would care about something else for a second or two.
      To those of you about to ask me why I watch if I’m just going to complain about it, I say to you – fair question. A- My friend watches; we talk about it. B- I have a pre-existing attachment to one of the writers. C- I often find myself needing to blow off steam on Sunday nights before a busy week of work/school. D- I’m dying to find out what Snow did to the Queen.
      So I watch, and I complain. Sue me.
      At least they’re not harping on adoptive parents not loving their children and foster parents being greedy monsters every week anymore. Endless obsession with true love is positively benign by comparison.

Comment by Beth – February 27, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Calling it: Doctor Whale (Mary’s one night stand) is the wolf.

Comment by AJ – February 27, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think he’s the whale that swallowed Pinnochio. Lol.

Comment by anonymous – February 27, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else think that Red in Photo #1 looked a lot like Kristian Alfonso (Hope from Days of Our Lives?) Seriously, she could be a dead ringer of younger 1980s Hope. It was uncanny…

Comment by Um – February 27, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just thinking that!

Comment by Leah – February 27, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • About $@#$@# time

Comment by TC – February 27, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes she does!!!!!!

Comment by Melly – February 27, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please tell me that means hipster sherriff is back, even if it’s just a flashback.

Comment by Jenny – February 27, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s not credited to appear sadly. But I did hear they are trying to get him back on an upcoming episode. Very much hoping that works out.

Comment by Paige – February 28, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s what I’m talking about!! Love Red Riding Hood!!

Comment by Justin – February 27, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it would be interesting if Red & the wolf fell in love à la Carol Ann Duffy’s ‘Little Red Cap’…

Comment by The Unassigned – February 27, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Whale is so the wolf!!!

Comment by Julie – February 28, 2012 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Despite Dr. Whale appearing in this episode we supposedly won’t even learn his counterpart this season.
    Anyway, excited to see Red’s story. Though we won’t see the Huntsman (Boo!) I’m glad we’ll atleast hear him mentioned again and finally figure of what that Whistle he gave Snow does ( I assume it calls his Wolf, but I doubt it’s the same Wolf attacking the town.)

Comment by P – February 28, 2012 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post