May 2012 Sweeps Scorecard: Deaths, Weddings, Pregnancies, Sex, Graduations and More!

May SweepsWhat May Sweeps is to May, TVLine’s May Sweeps Scorecard is to May Sweeps: in a word, essential! Same as last year, the Scorecard is jam-packed with Sweeps spoilers and, as an added, titillating-to-the nth degree bonus, season finale spoilers, too! But these aren’t your run-of-the-mill teasers. Not in the least. Many of them are shrouded in mystery, affording you the opportunity to guess at the “whos” that will be doing all the “whats” that are itemized in the chart.

Before you dive in, one hint: Everything that’s listed below happens to a series regular or a recurring character (no one-off guest stars allowed) on a broadcast network show (i.e. ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, The CW).

One more hint: As Sweeps nears, the chart will be updated time and again, with blanks filled in when intel leaks and new question marks added. (Asterisk quizzes are also a possibility… if you ask nicely. And remember, only events that take place in May are listed below. In other words, the imminent birth of Booth and Brennan’s kid is not Scorecard-eligible.)

OK, now you can scroll down and behold the awesomeness that is The Second Annual TVLine May Sweeps Scorecard!

Number of confirmed weddings: At least 7

1. AIRED May 8: Carrie and Al/Unforgettable
2. AIRED May 10: Elena and Stefan/The Vampire Diaries
3. AIRED May 10: Dwight and Angela/The Office
4. AIRED May 10: Cristina and Owen/Grey’s Anatomy
5. AIRED May 13: Tom and Lynette/Desperate Housewives
6. AIRED May 13: Rumplestiltskin and Belle (in Storybrooke)/Once Upon a Time
7. AIRED May 13: Snow White and Prince Charming (in Storybrooke)/Once Upon a Time
8. AIRED May 14: Ted and Victoria/How I Met Your Mother

Number of dream homes completed: At least 1
1. AIRED May 10: Derek and Meredith/Grey’s Anatomy

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Scoop, Spoilers

1. Ava Jean says:

My guesses:

Fatality: Kim Jong-il/30 Rock.
    Breakups/Divorces: Avery/Jack
    Resurrection/Big Returns: Avery/30 Rock or Graham/Once Upon A Time
    Adoption/Babies Born: Criss/Liz (yeah after the episode last night)
    Major Job Changes: Leslie Knope/Parks and Recreation (they did shoot two endings – one where she loses and one where she wins)
    Possible Fatality: someone from Once Upon A Time or Grimm
    Time Warp: Once Upon A Time (technically not a time warp but the plane where Mary Margaret is Snow White and David is Prince “Charming” James)

2. cheez it says:

I think Modern Fam is one of the adoptions. Cam and Mitchell have been talking about adopting all season.

3. Addison adopted a baby on the last Private Practice episode.

4. Axle says:

Looks like one of the big returns is Dr. Huang from SVU.

5. weRgleeks says:

So happy that it’s confirmed as JJ and Will’s wedding. I’d just been waiting for that to be confirmed so I could breathe easy. Did not want it to be Kevin and Garcia

• Calla Lilly says:

Me tooo! I seriously haven’t even caught up on the last few eps b/c I’ve been so scared that Kevin was going to propose!

6. Zari says:

Chuck and Blair MUST be one of the romantic reunions and Bart Bass one of the big come backs!!

7. michellerm611 says:

Isn’t someone on H50 supposed to die?

8. Dominique says:

Why is Jamie Dornan’s return listed as “Sheriff Graham”? Unless I read it wrong, I thought he was back only as the Huntsman?

• Christy says:

That is what I thought too. But I would be SO SO over the moon happy if this was correct and Graham is returning as well.

9. Alexa says:

If the blind item isn’t Castle/Beckett (Caskett) I am really going to cry!!! All signs pointing to them so far :)

10. Caro says:

Couple having sex for the First time: Let’s say April & Jackson, since it’s Grey’s Anatomy and they haven’t hooked up before!

Shocking pregnancy: Meredith (Grey’s) would be too good to be true.

Adoption: Addison on Private Practice, I can totally see that happening.

Breakups/divorces: Owen/Cristina, Grey’s, of course.

11. whyno43@gmail.com says:

How the heck is Thirteen’s return to House a “big return”, when she just appeared a few months ago, while Dana Delany’s return to DH isn’t on the list?? Dana hasn’t been around in over 2 years!

12. Is my eyes deceiving me or is it really there?!!!!

Number of resurrections and/or big returns: At least 8
    1. Sheriff Graham/Once Upon a Time

• Dominique says:

Nope, that’s true, he’s really coming back! Jamie Dornan himself however, confirmed he’d only be back as the Huntsman, so I’m a little confused as to why they would specifically say Graham is back..

13. ahlataziz says:

YESSS! To Elizabeth Banks coming back on 30 Rock!

14. ladymarycrawleycrawley says:

“Shocking Pregnancy” ? Olivia on Fringe not at all shocking after “Letters of Transit” … the math says she already is, “Short Story About Love” fits the timeframe, Etta out before the New Year. “I was 4 years old the last time I saw my parents” who disappeared in 2016 = 2012 birth. Unless there’s yet another time warp or diverged into another future (noo I liked that one).

15. topazbean says:

WHAT? Okay, I had my fingers crossed big time for the wedding to be Kevin and Penelope on Criminal Minds. I will not be happy at all if this means Nicholas Brendon is finishing up as a recurring guest star. Unless he’s got a pilot, obviously.

16. Tina says:

I hope in something good for Chuck and Blair! :)

17. Reiley says:

One of the major job changes has to be Leslie Knope. And I wonder if one of the “returns” is Mark from P&R. I thought I remembered something about him coming back for a few episodes. Other guesses: adoption-Liz Lemon, possible death-Charlotte, Revenge (I see an overdose in her future), breakups-Tom and Ann (P&R), Jack and Avery (30 Rock)

18. Harper says:

One of the couples reuniting- Mary Margaret&David/Snow&Charming

19. verver says:

Isn’t Alexis graduating on Castle?

20. Jack S says:

When was the time warp confirmed as Desperate Housewives? Noticed it yesterday, first time I’d heard about that. They’ve done it before but I’m unsure how to feel if they’re doing it in the finale.

• AA says:

I thinks they will do like 5 or 10 or even 20 years in future and show the lives of housewives is still going on as Marc Cherry and Eva Langoria said that finale will show the lives on lane will continue after end.

21. Rachel says:

They said in a recent article that someone from Grey’s Anatomy is going to die!

22. Jamie L says:

Wondering if Meredith’s stomach flu on Grey’s isn’t really the stomach flu at all but instead that she’s pregnant! Wouldn’t that be a twist we didn’t see coming!

23. madbengalsfan85 says:

Expecting some sort of major job change on Bones, temporarily that is. Thinking it’s Booth (Pelant targets Bones with his little “game”, Booth goes postal)

Gut feeling we may get a proposal out of Bones as well, after all the emotional upheaval

May also see a death (Caroline?)

• madbengalsfan85 says:

Or I’m completely wrong on all counts, because “The Past in the Present” truly is a crap shoot for me currently

24. maria says:

Question?! It is showing that Cameron is coming back to House for the finale would that be another spoiler. Just was not sure the last time updated.

25. Ava Jean says:

Woot! I got three right.

My guess for the engagements: Paul & Jenna and Liz & Criss/30 Rock.
    Adoption: Blake and Cricket Caruth-Reilly/GCB

Although I wouldn’t say no to a Ben and Leslie engagement in Parks and Rec.

26. Olivia says:

You forgot Cameron / House in Big Returns

27. Mike says:

Why is this not stickied and updated? (Starburns on Community.)

28. Charlotte says:

Okay so a Community death has already happened, but it’s April, while it says:
    “And remember, only events that take place in May are listed below.”
    So does that mean there is another death to take place?

29. Tippytoes says:

Soooo… I don’t get it. Was Starburns’ death on Community last week the fatality that is being teased above? I thought only things taking place in May counted.

30. Stephanie says:

isn’t Prentiss (Criminal Minds) one of the on-air resignations/firings/major job change? She *is* leaving, and they aren’t killing her off (again)…….

31. Elena says:

Although it may seem like Castle and Beckett are the Blind Item (good for them! but I don’t watch the show and I don’t really like them either, please don’t hate me), Smash’s promo spoiled that [spoiler alert!] Ivy and Dev are sleeping together (kind of obvious to me after that ending last night), so there are more spots there, definitely. Also, Rebecca will have a near death experience (and one of the girls will get the part), I guess in the finale… So Smash can potentially have quite some spots in this scorecard (breakups and people coming back included). Yup, that promo had quite a few spoilers.

As for other shows, hoping for a Ben/Leslie proposal and a Leslie win. I think Booth/Brennan’s will be in November, just in time for those Sweeps and their 150th… ? but someone from the show (either/both of them or Caroline) could be in the resignations/major job changes and/or possible fatalities. Pregnancy… I think it is Olivia’s, as others have pointed out. Returns… Graham and Belle in OUAT. Fatalities… I think the OUAT one could be Regina, as seen in that promo, but it may be just a dream sequence.

Hmm. I have to continue thinking about those relating to other of my shows. I may change my mind in some of those (promos are not helping those who are trying to be spoiler-free those sweeps!). But I LOVE this scorecard.

32. Symce says:

I guess cuz we saw Beckett (castle) dropping her badge in the promo, it’s pretty much confirmed she’ll be one of the resign-ees.

33. LaraG says:

They’d better be doing a whole lot of relationsip-issue resolution between JJ and Will in the next couple of episodes if they’re doing a wedding in the finale-those two have had issues since day 1 and even this season all we’ve seen is arguing when he’s on-screen.

34. AnnClau says:

They already said everywhere that there’s going at least one person that dies on The Vampire Diaries, so why isn’t it already there?

35. Samantha Lee says:

Here’s who I hope is in the ‘Fatalities’ category: Amy Farrah Fowler. After lots of vomiting from her icky delusional horndog passes at Sheldon AND Penny (not to mention the maddening robotic prattling of lines)… ENOUGH, WRITERS. Ugh. Speaking of AFF, the actress who always gives out set spoilers more than anyone on the cast (is she even ALLOWED to do that?) has confirmed in an interview with E! that Wolowitz and Bernadette will indeed get hitched. You can move that info up to ‘Confirmed Wedding,’ Michael.

• Ginny says:

So true! I kind of liked her when she first showed up and was kind of a female foil to Sheldon. But, I really hate this sex-obsessed crazy lady she has become. I get that she would be somewhat socially awkward, and they did an okay job with that at first. But now I’m afraid we are going to end an episode with AFF wearing Penny’s skin as a coat.

• Better Sundays says:

AFF does take creepy to a whole new level. And the actress (Bialik) is so full of herself with all her condescending feminist shtick on her FB page (all of which she negates anyway by playing that sex-starved character on a borderline misogynist show). What a hypocrite.

36. Ali says:

Shouldn’t Bart Bass be listed as resurrection/ big return now??

37. Chris says:

I think Meredith ends up getting pregnant and that is why she stays in Seattle. The house will be finished and they will have there two kids. Now, the question is would Shonda be so cruel as to kill off Derrick?

38. Mandy says:

Considering the last episode of Grey’s Anatomy – a shocking pregnancy would be April.

39. A says:

Is this going to be updated? I thought Gossip Girl would have been one of the returns.

40. poohlover1983 says:

Why are most if the spoilers in black instead of blue? I can’t click on them to find out what’s going on and this is the first time I looked at this list. I just found this site and would like to find out the spoilers too.
    I do hope that one of the pregnancies is Emily on Revenge. Also I hope Jack and Emily hook up (even though it isn’t listed).

Is there anyway you can fix it so we can be able to click on the spoilers?

• Amanda says:

Anything that is not an active link (in blue) is just a placeholder and has no Ausiello-reported information to go along with it. Why Ausiello put the [SPOILER] placeholder in this year instead of just leaving it blank like in the past, I don’t know. But it’s he doesn’t list it all out if you just want to click through. That’s not how the list works. Sorry.

41. shouldn’t Avery & kepner be add to Number of couples having sex for the first time?

42. Val says:

Still waiting for the four Gossip Girl spoilers….

43. James says:

Sam is a Junior, Brittany fails and Puck graduates.

44. Donna says:

Fringe seems primed for at least a few of these –

-Resurrection/Return (William Bell, in some form)
    -Engagement (Peter and Olivia)
    -Possibly pregnancy (Olivia – since we already know a baby is coming, and even what her name will be!)

45. Sara says:

Sam is a Junior on Glee.

46. bamabunny says:

There are already reliable spoilers that Brittany and Sam are NOT graduating, but Puck will (in spite of that F). Also Will and Emma confirmed their wedding will be in November, not this season.

47. Meg says:

Kepner and Avery had sex last week. Isn’t that before May sweeps?

• JBS says:

The episode last week where they had sex was on the 1st day of May sweeps, so it does count (barely.)

48. Ray says:

I hope one of the “shocking” pregnancies isn’t Olivia from Fringe since it’s pretty obvious she’s pregnant by now. we can do math.

49. Sandi says:

Number of onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes: At least 2
    1. AIRED May 29: Cary/The Good Wife

I think you mean April 29th :)

50. Hey! That was NOT Avery and Kepner’s first time!!!