May 2012 Sweeps Scorecard: Deaths, Weddings, Pregnancies, Sex, Graduations and More!

Get More: Scoop, Spoilers

May SweepsWhat May Sweeps is to May, TVLine’s May Sweeps Scorecard is to May Sweeps: in a word, essential! Same as last year, the Scorecard is jam-packed with Sweeps spoilers and, as an added, titillating-to-the nth degree bonus, season finale spoilers, too! But these aren’t your run-of-the-mill teasers. Not in the least. Many of them are shrouded in mystery, affording you the opportunity to guess at the “whos” that will be doing all the “whats” that are itemized in the chart.

Before you dive in, one hint: Everything that’s listed below happens to a series regular or a recurring character (no one-off guest stars allowed) on a broadcast network show (i.e. ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, The CW).

One more hint: As Sweeps nears, the chart will be updated time and again, with blanks filled in when intel leaks and new question marks added. (Asterisk quizzes are also a possibility… if you ask nicely. And remember, only events that take place in May are listed below. In other words, the imminent birth of Booth and Brennan’s kid is not Scorecard-eligible.)

OK, now you can scroll down and behold the awesomeness that is The Second Annual TVLine May Sweeps Scorecard!

Number of confirmed weddings: At least 7

1. AIRED May 8: Carrie and Al/Unforgettable
2. AIRED May 10: Elena and Stefan/The Vampire Diaries
3. AIRED May 10: Dwight and Angela/The Office
4. AIRED May 10: Cristina and Owen/Grey’s Anatomy
5. AIRED May 13: Tom and Lynette/Desperate Housewives
6. AIRED May 13: Rumplestiltskin and Belle (in Storybrooke)/Once Upon a Time
7. AIRED May 13: Snow White and Prince Charming (in Storybrooke)/Once Upon a Time
8. AIRED May 14: Ted and Victoria/How I Met Your Mother

Number of time warps: At least 1
1. AIRED May 13: Desperate Housewives

Number of dream homes completed: At least 1
1. AIRED May 10: Derek and Meredith/Grey’s Anatomy

Comments (588)

• My guesses:

Fatality: Kim Jong-il/30 Rock.
    Breakups/Divorces: Avery/Jack
    Resurrection/Big Returns: Avery/30 Rock or Graham/Once Upon A Time
    Adoption/Babies Born: Criss/Liz (yeah after the episode last night)
    Major Job Changes: Leslie Knope/Parks and Recreation (they did shoot two endings – one where she loses and one where she wins)
    Possible Fatality: someone from Once Upon A Time or Grimm
    Time Warp: Once Upon A Time (technically not a time warp but the plane where Mary Margaret is Snow White and David is Prince “Charming” James)

Comment by Ava Jean – April 20, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Modern Fam is one of the adoptions. Cam and Mitchell have been talking about adopting all season.

Comment by cheez it – April 21, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison adopted a baby on the last Private Practice episode.

Comment by Jamie (@fabinpink) – April 23, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like one of the big returns is Dr. Huang from SVU.

Comment by Axle – April 23, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy that it’s confirmed as JJ and Will’s wedding. I’d just been waiting for that to be confirmed so I could breathe easy. Did not want it to be Kevin and Garcia

Comment by weRgleeks – April 23, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me tooo! I seriously haven’t even caught up on the last few eps b/c I’ve been so scared that Kevin was going to propose!

Comment by Calla Lilly – May 1, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Blair MUST be one of the romantic reunions and Bart Bass one of the big come backs!!

Comment by Zari – April 23, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t someone on H50 supposed to die?

Comment by michellerm611 – April 23, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Since there is no mention of it it is probably a random copkilling not one of H50

Comment by pilo – April 24, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is Jamie Dornan’s return listed as “Sheriff Graham”? Unless I read it wrong, I thought he was back only as the Huntsman?

Comment by Dominique – April 23, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is what I thought too. But I would be SO SO over the moon happy if this was correct and Graham is returning as well.

Comment by Christy – April 24, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the blind item isn’t Castle/Beckett (Caskett) I am really going to cry!!! All signs pointing to them so far :)

Comment by Alexa – April 23, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Couple having sex for the First time: Let’s say April & Jackson, since it’s Grey’s Anatomy and they haven’t hooked up before!

Shocking pregnancy: Meredith (Grey’s) would be too good to be true.

Adoption: Addison on Private Practice, I can totally see that happening.

Breakups/divorces: Owen/Cristina, Grey’s, of course.

Comment by Caro – April 23, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How the heck is Thirteen’s return to House a “big return”, when she just appeared a few months ago, while Dana Delany’s return to DH isn’t on the list?? Dana hasn’t been around in over 2 years!

Comment by whyno43@gmail.com – April 23, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DAMN STRAIGHT, whyno! Add Dana to the list, Mike!

Comment by mkej43@yahoo.com – April 23, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is my eyes deceiving me or is it really there?!!!!

Number of resurrections and/or big returns: At least 8
    1. Sheriff Graham/Once Upon a Time

Comment by lillylifestyle – April 24, 2012 01:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, that’s true, he’s really coming back! Jamie Dornan himself however, confirmed he’d only be back as the Huntsman, so I’m a little confused as to why they would specifically say Graham is back..

Comment by Dominique – April 24, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wish he could be back as the Huntsman and as Graham, but so happy to have him back in any way!!!!

Comment by lee – April 25, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSS! To Elizabeth Banks coming back on 30 Rock!

Comment by ahlataziz – April 24, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Shocking Pregnancy” ? Olivia on Fringe not at all shocking after “Letters of Transit” … the math says she already is, “Short Story About Love” fits the timeframe, Etta out before the New Year. “I was 4 years old the last time I saw my parents” who disappeared in 2016 = 2012 birth. Unless there’s yet another time warp or diverged into another future (noo I liked that one).

Comment by ladymarycrawleycrawley – April 24, 2012 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT? Okay, I had my fingers crossed big time for the wedding to be Kevin and Penelope on Criminal Minds. I will not be happy at all if this means Nicholas Brendon is finishing up as a recurring guest star. Unless he’s got a pilot, obviously.

Comment by topazbean – April 25, 2012 12:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It wouldn’t have made sense for it to suddenly be Kevin and Garcia, she already turned him down. They were a boring couple anaywaya. I love Nicholas Brendon, but Lynch was not a great character

Comment by weRgleeks – April 25, 2012 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank God! I NEED Morgan and Garcia!

Comment by Calla Lilly – May 1, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope in something good for Chuck and Blair! :)

Comment by Tina – April 25, 2012 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the major job changes has to be Leslie Knope. And I wonder if one of the “returns” is Mark from P&R. I thought I remembered something about him coming back for a few episodes. Other guesses: adoption-Liz Lemon, possible death-Charlotte, Revenge (I see an overdose in her future), breakups-Tom and Ann (P&R), Jack and Avery (30 Rock)

Comment by Reiley – April 25, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the couples reuniting- Mary Margaret&David/Snow&Charming

Comment by Harper – April 25, 2012 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t Alexis graduating on Castle?

Comment by verver – April 25, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When was the time warp confirmed as Desperate Housewives? Noticed it yesterday, first time I’d heard about that. They’ve done it before but I’m unsure how to feel if they’re doing it in the finale.

Comment by Jack S – April 25, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thinks they will do like 5 or 10 or even 20 years in future and show the lives of housewives is still going on as Marc Cherry and Eva Langoria said that finale will show the lives on lane will continue after end.

Comment by AA – April 25, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They said in a recent article that someone from Grey’s Anatomy is going to die!

Comment by Rachel – April 25, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wondering if Meredith’s stomach flu on Grey’s isn’t really the stomach flu at all but instead that she’s pregnant! Wouldn’t that be a twist we didn’t see coming!

Comment by Jamie L – April 27, 2012 12:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Expecting some sort of major job change on Bones, temporarily that is. Thinking it’s Booth (Pelant targets Bones with his little “game”, Booth goes postal)

Gut feeling we may get a proposal out of Bones as well, after all the emotional upheaval

May also see a death (Caroline?)

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – April 27, 2012 04:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or I’m completely wrong on all counts, because “The Past in the Present” truly is a crap shoot for me currently

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – April 27, 2012 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Question?! It is showing that Cameron is coming back to House for the finale would that be another spoiler. Just was not sure the last time updated.

Comment by maria – April 27, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woot! I got three right.

My guess for the engagements: Paul & Jenna and Liz & Criss/30 Rock.
    Adoption: Blake and Cricket Caruth-Reilly/GCB

Although I wouldn’t say no to a Ben and Leslie engagement in Parks and Rec.

Comment by Ava Jean – April 28, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You forgot Cameron / House in Big Returns

Comment by Olivia – April 28, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is this not stickied and updated? (Starburns on Community.)

Comment by Mike – April 28, 2012 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay so a Community death has already happened, but it’s April, while it says:
    “And remember, only events that take place in May are listed below.”
    So does that mean there is another death to take place?

Comment by Charlotte – April 28, 2012 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Soooo… I don’t get it. Was Starburns’ death on Community last week the fatality that is being teased above? I thought only things taking place in May counted.

Comment by Tippytoes – April 29, 2012 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • isn’t Prentiss (Criminal Minds) one of the on-air resignations/firings/major job change? She *is* leaving, and they aren’t killing her off (again)…….

Comment by Stephanie – April 30, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although it may seem like Castle and Beckett are the Blind Item (good for them! but I don’t watch the show and I don’t really like them either, please don’t hate me), Smash’s promo spoiled that [spoiler alert!] Ivy and Dev are sleeping together (kind of obvious to me after that ending last night), so there are more spots there, definitely. Also, Rebecca will have a near death experience (and one of the girls will get the part), I guess in the finale… So Smash can potentially have quite some spots in this scorecard (breakups and people coming back included). Yup, that promo had quite a few spoilers.

As for other shows, hoping for a Ben/Leslie proposal and a Leslie win. I think Booth/Brennan’s will be in November, just in time for those Sweeps and their 150th… ? but someone from the show (either/both of them or Caroline) could be in the resignations/major job changes and/or possible fatalities. Pregnancy… I think it is Olivia’s, as others have pointed out. Returns… Graham and Belle in OUAT. Fatalities… I think the OUAT one could be Regina, as seen in that promo, but it may be just a dream sequence.

Hmm. I have to continue thinking about those relating to other of my shows. I may change my mind in some of those (promos are not helping those who are trying to be spoiler-free those sweeps!). But I LOVE this scorecard.

Comment by Elena – May 1, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess cuz we saw Beckett (castle) dropping her badge in the promo, it’s pretty much confirmed she’ll be one of the resign-ees.

Comment by Symce – May 1, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’d better be doing a whole lot of relationsip-issue resolution between JJ and Will in the next couple of episodes if they’re doing a wedding in the finale-those two have had issues since day 1 and even this season all we’ve seen is arguing when he’s on-screen.

Comment by LaraG – May 1, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They already said everywhere that there’s going at least one person that dies on The Vampire Diaries, so why isn’t it already there?

Comment by AnnClau – May 1, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s who I hope is in the ‘Fatalities’ category: Amy Farrah Fowler. After lots of vomiting from her icky delusional horndog passes at Sheldon AND Penny (not to mention the maddening robotic prattling of lines)… ENOUGH, WRITERS. Ugh. Speaking of AFF, the actress who always gives out set spoilers more than anyone on the cast (is she even ALLOWED to do that?) has confirmed in an interview with E! that Wolowitz and Bernadette will indeed get hitched. You can move that info up to ‘Confirmed Wedding,’ Michael.

Comment by Samantha Lee – May 1, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true! I kind of liked her when she first showed up and was kind of a female foil to Sheldon. But, I really hate this sex-obsessed crazy lady she has become. I get that she would be somewhat socially awkward, and they did an okay job with that at first. But now I’m afraid we are going to end an episode with AFF wearing Penny’s skin as a coat.

Comment by Ginny – May 3, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AFF does take creepy to a whole new level. And the actress (Bialik) is so full of herself with all her condescending feminist shtick on her FB page (all of which she negates anyway by playing that sex-starved character on a borderline misogynist show). What a hypocrite.

Comment by Better Sundays – May 4, 2012 03:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shouldn’t Bart Bass be listed as resurrection/ big return now??

Comment by Ali – May 2, 2012 03:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Meredith ends up getting pregnant and that is why she stays in Seattle. The house will be finished and they will have there two kids. Now, the question is would Shonda be so cruel as to kill off Derrick?

Comment by Chris – May 2, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Considering the last episode of Grey’s Anatomy – a shocking pregnancy would be April.

Comment by Mandy – May 3, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this going to be updated? I thought Gossip Girl would have been one of the returns.

Comment by A – May 3, 2012 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are most if the spoilers in black instead of blue? I can’t click on them to find out what’s going on and this is the first time I looked at this list. I just found this site and would like to find out the spoilers too.
    I do hope that one of the pregnancies is Emily on Revenge. Also I hope Jack and Emily hook up (even though it isn’t listed).

Is there anyway you can fix it so we can be able to click on the spoilers?

Comment by poohlover1983 – May 4, 2012 02:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Anything that is not an active link (in blue) is just a placeholder and has no Ausiello-reported information to go along with it. Why Ausiello put the [SPOILER] placeholder in this year instead of just leaving it blank like in the past, I don’t know. But it’s he doesn’t list it all out if you just want to click through. That’s not how the list works. Sorry.

Comment by Amanda – May 4, 2012 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • shouldn’t Avery & kepner be add to Number of couples having sex for the first time?

Comment by Chris Gambardella – May 4, 2012 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still waiting for the four Gossip Girl spoilers….

Comment by Val – May 4, 2012 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Big Bad Bart is already listed. Three more to go!!:)

Comment by Ramona – May 5, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam is a Junior, Brittany fails and Puck graduates.

Comment by James – May 4, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe seems primed for at least a few of these -

-Resurrection/Return (William Bell, in some form)
    -Engagement (Peter and Olivia)
    -Possibly pregnancy (Olivia – since we already know a baby is coming, and even what her name will be!)

Comment by Donna – May 4, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam is a Junior on Glee.

Comment by Sara – May 4, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are already reliable spoilers that Brittany and Sam are NOT graduating, but Puck will (in spite of that F). Also Will and Emma confirmed their wedding will be in November, not this season.

Comment by bamabunny – May 4, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kepner and Avery had sex last week. Isn’t that before May sweeps?

Comment by Meg – May 4, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The episode last week where they had sex was on the 1st day of May sweeps, so it does count (barely.)

Comment by JBS – May 4, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope one of the “shocking” pregnancies isn’t Olivia from Fringe since it’s pretty obvious she’s pregnant by now. we can do math.

Comment by Ray – May 4, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Number of onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes: At least 2
    1. AIRED May 29: Cary/The Good Wife

I think you mean April 29th :)

Comment by Sandi – May 4, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey! That was NOT Avery and Kepner’s first time!!!

Comment by Sonja Chiem (@ChiemSleepy) – May 4, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post