Fox's Spring Switch: Bones Moves to Mondays as Kiefer's Touch Scores Post-Idol Time Slot

Fox’s midseason schedule shuffle isn’t over just yet.

Buoyed by the strong reception Kiefer Sutherland’s Touch received with its winter sneak peek, Fox has moved the the freshman drama’s official season premiere to Thursday, March 22, at 9/8c, where it will remain and lead out of American Idol.

To make way for the newbie, Bones will unspool the remainder of its seventh season on Mondays at 8 pm, beginning April 2. (Previously, Bones was to return from Emily Deschanel’s maternity leave-induced hiatus on April 5.)

House will thus return to its 9 o’clock perch on April 2, building up to its series finale with all-original episodes. What’s more, Fox has scheduled a retrospective special looking back at House‘s eight-year run, to air Monday, May 21, at 8, followed by the show’s grand swan song.

Elsewhere amongst Fox fare, The Finder will air its spring finale on March 8, then resume its season at a date TBA. Alcatraz, as previously announced, will continue with all-new episodes throughout March, including a double helping on March 5 and a two-hour season finale on March 26.

What do you think of Fox’s latest switcheroo? Are you glad to have Bones back a few days sooner, even if it’s on a new night?

Tags: , , ,

Comments (107)

• Was someone bored? Did they throw all the shows in a hat and pull them out at random? I hate when things get moved around. I forget what night they are on.

Comment by English – February 27, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This really sucks. They should have just left Bones on Thursdays.

Comment by Laura – February 27, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really don’t care what day it is on. My DVR dutifully records
      it and i can view it when I want to.
      Any my DVR can record two shows at the same time.

Comment by Joanne G Thomas – February 27, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • we just need to see it as we have not seen the last show s yet
      PLEASE tell me when is it coming to english tv ???

Comment by maggie – February 28, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree you 1000%!! Monday night would be a total disaster for me !!

Comment by bonescrazy – March 1, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fox has done so much shuffling this season, especially on Mondays. Kind of hard to keep up with.
    I’ll give them that it makes sense to move a show that was received so well critically and ratings wise in the plum post Idol slot since it performed really well there in its preview.
    Bones might be a little graphic for the 8pm hour, but I guess we’ll see.

Comment by Alex – February 27, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LAME!!!!! Bones on monday… that just doesn’t fit. I like it better on thursday at 9.

Comment by Sean – February 27, 2012 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your comment confuses me. Bones doesn’t fit on Monday? How so? I actually think Bones & House are a very good fit. Much better fit than Bones & Idol. And people, let’s get real. Alcatraz is getting killed by the Voice. Fox wants to protect Touch and not have it get killed by the Voice. House is over. Bones is close to being over (Hart Hanson essentially said so himself). If they suffer on Monday, so be it. Fox needs a new hit. And I’m sure they want it to be Touch.

Comment by AJ – February 28, 2012 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I surely hope Bones is not nearly over! Those characters have more chemistry than most other series’ folks and emotional depth to be explored for a long time to come. Love ‘em all.

Comment by Carol Holloway – February 29, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I am actually thrilled to hear this! I work nights so I’d be able to watch it before work and never ever have to flip between it and Grey’s again!

Comment by Katie – February 27, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know how I feel about this. I mean, I’ve followed BONES all over the scheduling map since Season 1 and will follow it whereever it goes, but FOX is fortunate I don’t have too many conflicting shows in that time slot. I just hope it helps, not hurts, BONES’ ratings.

Comment by Cass – February 27, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fox has way too many shows and not enough time slots! They need to stop ordering so many shows especially when they are constantly having to rearrange their schedule.

Comment by tvaddict – February 27, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fox is taking good care, not to loose this show like Terra Nova and Alcatraz.

Comment by KS winchester – February 27, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good my tv viewing schedule is way way too packed on thursdays already and as long as Bones is on who cares when it is

Comment by torontogirl98 – February 27, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. There are so many shows that come on Thursdays that some times things end up getting bumped from my DVR schedule. Now I have something to watch on Mondays and don’t have to worry about it accidentally getting cancelled because of other shows recording.

Comment by houstontx1322 – March 5, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they should’ve given that spot to FRINGE… they need it more!!!

Comment by Javi – February 27, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREED!… and to think FOX hires professionals to maximize their TV schedule efficiency -_-

Comment by Mel – February 27, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have become disilousioned with FOX as they have trashed so many good shows by schedule movement. I am afraid that I will not have a good reason to wath anything on FOX as soon as House retires. They effectively cancelled “Fringe” – A BIG disappointment, and it looks that Terra Nove will go the way of the dinosaures, too bad because it was family fun. If all FOX wants it pander to the American Idol crowd and sports fans, then count me out. I watch ESPN for sports and the Voice for an actual singing/talent show. May FOX rerst in peace.

Comment by Disappointed – February 28, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fox continues to have its prime time schedule way too confusing. Kevin Reilly should be ashamed of himself just like it happens to Game 7 of the World Series between the Texas Rangers and St. Louis Cardinals and the NFC Championship Game last month between the New York Giants and San Francisco 49ers. :( :(

Comment by kevin – February 27, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This works for me there was just so much going on at that 9pm hour on Thursdays. I have to be honest there was a time or two when I clicked over just to get an idea what was happening on another show I watch and I would miss a HUGE chunk of Bones.
    Bones viewers are pretty loyal, I don’t feel like they’ll have a problem moving to Mondays.

Comment by Mia – February 27, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, Fox, how about not changing your mind every 30 seconds about Bones’ scheduling and leave it alone. You’ll be very sad when people don’t realize they need to tune in on Mondays and your best show is canceled.

Comment by Maggie – February 27, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Considering that Bones isn’t even on now as it is, I don’t really see that happening. It’s not like people are tuning in and watching it on Thursdays.

Comment by Sam – February 27, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know this probably won’t ever happen, but with the vast number of shows that Fox has, maybe they could open up the 10pm hour a couple of nights a week…

Comment by Alex – February 27, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Extremely unlikely. As is, I believe Fox is only able to run into the 10 o’clock hour a total of two times a year.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 27, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least this will boost Touch’s chances for season 2. I personally think it’s the best out of all the new shows on FOX.

Comment by Dean – February 27, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m alittle worried about this time slot tbh, I just hope any castle/bones fans will choose to watch bones instead of castle.

Comment by Sarah – February 27, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well considering Castle is at 10pm and Bones will be at 8, I don’t see the problem.

Comment by Amber Louise – February 27, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, Castle and Bones aren’t even remotely on at the same time.

Comment by raven – February 27, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re not on at the same time, and besides Castle is better than Bones…

Comment by Jason C – February 27, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate FOX…they won’t give that spot to a good show like Fringe…won’t move Idol to Friday cuz they know it’d fail…they pick their show they want to save and give it a prime slot…Hate FOX!

Comment by A.D. – February 27, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So disrespectful the way fox is dealing with Bones this year. All changes and poorly promoting the show when it is aired.
    As I said before disrespectful not only with fans but with the whole crew and cast.
    And I am sadly point this out…

Comment by Paula – February 27, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They didn’t have much choice due to Emily’s pregnancy. Airing in September would have led to a bigger delay, or interruptions galore. I don’t fault FOX scheduling. They will promote BONES when it comes time for it to come back.
      BONES still has it’s core. It hasn’t really suffered at all. Even with Brennan and Booth getting together, and the introduction of a baby storyline.
      FOX doesn’t want to lose BONES with Alcatraz, Terra Nova and Fringe doing terrible. And House will be gone. Glee has gone down in it’s ratings. BONES is pretty safe at this point! So they need to try to save Touch!

Comment by Stacey – February 27, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They were lucky to get the post Idol spot last season when the show was lagging. It picked up a lot of viewers then so now it’s time to give Touch a chance.

Comment by jJ – February 27, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bones’ ratings weren’t lagging prior to the Post-Idol timespot, but they did increase greatly after the move.

Comment by Alanna – February 28, 2012 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This could be good or bad for Bones. As for Touch, meh, don’t care. Bones was the only show I really cared about on Thursdays, so that means that I can actually ignore that day (I watch BBT online).

Comment by Michaels – February 27, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sucks. I already have plenty of shows to watch on Mondays. I need stuff to watch later in the week too. :(

Comment by Sarah – February 27, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sucks. Can’t they leave Bones alone? Like it didn’t already have enough competition. Almost every show I watch is on Monday.

Comment by Samantha – February 27, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you completely!! Why can’t Fox leave Bones alone. I would be very happy because Monday is impossible for me!!

Comment by bonescrazy – March 1, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m officially REALLY MAD Fox now!

Comment by Sarah – February 27, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, at least Bones will finally be back on.

Comment by Lindsey – February 27, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? I already watch Grey’s Anatomy and record Person of Interest. Was looking forward to Touch, unless it is on demand, which Bones wasn’t I guess I will miss Touch.

Comment by Vi – February 27, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great now i have to choose Bones or How I Met Your Mother. ugh

Comment by Ali – February 27, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The people schedule at fox are annoying. I love bones and now I have to choose between bones and HIMYM. As I’ve been a fan of the latter longer, I’ll miss the beginning of bones. How does this new show take rank over one people are already committed to. Just dumb.

Comment by Nickole – February 27, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amen! Fringe is one of the best shows and was it thrown in the hat with these others to save or make more convenient for ratings?

Comment by Christy – February 27, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Of course not. They don’t care about it, that’s obvious. They care more about their fake reality shows and no talent wanted talent shows.

Comment by Bill H – February 28, 2012 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Fox wouldn’t have these problems if American Idol wasn’t on 3 days a week for the first half of its season and even 2 days a week for the rest of it.

Comment by Nicole – February 28, 2012 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, so a little part of me was kind of relieved as Thursday nights have too many good shows across the board. If it weren’t for On Demand, I would have to give something up. Then I saw this was moving to Mondays, which is about just as crowded. Seriously though Fox, stop airing 12 hours of Idol a week, and maybe you’ll have room for the rest of your shows.

Comment by Nichole – February 27, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry Bones, but HIMYM wins the time slot for me

Comment by Kat – February 27, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • F*ck American Idol. It’s the most pointless, stupidest show I have ever seen. Reality tv is nothing compared to shows that actually have an interesting storyline with plots and characters. I wish American Idol would just disappear.. If that happened then the world would be a better place.

Comment by kamien – February 27, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wholly agree. The only true reality shows on TV are sports and news. Except for the “news” on Fox, lies are not news. Come to think of it their “sports” programs are worthless too. Which is what you get when you hire biased idiots.

Comment by Bill H – February 28, 2012 01:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God, does this network ever stop moving its shows around?

Comment by Marc – February 27, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doing the happy dance since we will be able to see Bones earlier than planned. Love it being on a new night!

Comment by aimee – February 27, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? I’m in calculus until 9:30 and I’m not allowed to have DVR in the dorm. fml. At least I can still watch Castle.

Comment by Theresa – February 27, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that Fox is showing way too much confidence that Touch will be a (major) success. I would want to see what it can do for a few episodes before giving it the prime 9;00 Thursday time slot.
    It will be very difficult for Fox to gauge Touch’s true success while following Idol.

Comment by J.Norman – February 27, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dude I need my Max fix from 2 Broke Girls and my Bones fix. Yeah I can dvr. But seriously I like watching both when they air.

Comment by Leslie – February 27, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy that Bones switched to a new night. I think they will do very well. The only competition they have is like Gossip Girl and How I met you mother. Those shouldn’t be hard to beat.

Comment by Jillian – February 27, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bones competition for Monday nights will be: 1) CBS How I Met Your Mother & 2 Broke Girls. 2) NBC The Voice 3)The CW Gossip Girl 4) ABC The Bachelor / Dancing with the Stars. I for one will watch HIMYM and Bones plus both shows will have babies birth eps soon. Dang you FOX.

Comment by LuLu – February 27, 2012 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bones is going to get massacred. Like, it’s going to be ugly. Trying to compete with HIMYM/2 Broke Girls, the Voice and Dancing With the Stars, especially after being on hiatus for most of the season, is simply too much to ask. It was doing well last season — had a nice groove and a bit of a cult hit feeling. This season has been a disaster and the time slot move is going to really hurt. I don’t see it going anywhere, given that Fox’s new shows flopped for the most part, but ouch. I wonder if the viewers will come back next season if it slumps in April.

Comment by Holly – February 27, 2012 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is this bad news for Finder? I thought that 3/22 was going to be the SEASON finale, so if 3/8 is the SPRING finale, are there still only two episodes for when it comes back?! Sounds like doom. Sucks, I like it more than Bones at this point…

Comment by DreamRose311 – February 27, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why not just move bones to 8pm on Thursday followed at 9 by the Finder. Bones introduced Walter. It is only rightthey stay together.

Comment by nichelle johnson – February 27, 2012 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thursday nights have always = Bones for me. I don’t understand network programming AT ALL. I’m still trying to figure out how moving The Good Wife to Sunday helped that show.
    But I digress. With 2 Broke Girls & The Voice already taking up my allotted DVR slot time, I’m screwed. Plus, DirecTV doesn’t carry On Demand for CBS or FOX. The Voice wouldn’t be On Demand until a few days later and with the live shows that defeats the point.
    Of course Keifer Sutherland gets the benefit of the doubt over loyal fans of a show for over 7 years. I swear, Bones and its fans get no respect.

Comment by Deena – February 27, 2012 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on. really? we have Castle, Hart of Dixie, The Voice, Smash, Hawaii 5-0o

Comment by Lorena – February 27, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As if Monday’s weren’t busy enough. At least the only things I DVR at 8 & 8:30 are HIMYM and 2 Broke Girls. I just don’t know when I’ll be able to watch Bones since I watch Hart of Dixie (9pm), Castle (10pm), and Being Human (11pm). Plus, I DVR Smash at 10.

Comment by Elizabeth Marie – February 27, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So first I was kinda excited about this…Thursday nights are hell on my DVR…but then I realized HIMYM and the voice are on at the same time!! Argh!!!! Why the hell does every show have to be scheduled at the same time…seriously nothing’s on Friday-how bout you schedule some sh*t then!

Comment by Dani C – February 27, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate the new time! Why can’t FOX leave Bones where it is? As for Kiefer’s new show who cares? I won’t be watching!

Comment by Kat – February 27, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Putting it up against The Voice and HIMYM is stupid! The ratings for the voice are huge and HIMYM’s ratings are big too. It almost feels like their trying to bomb it. Leave the time slot alone!!

Comment by Courtney – February 27, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re not trying to bomb Bones. They’ve probably decided already that they’ll renew it, the schedule change is becsuse they don’t want ALL of their new shows to go down the drain and give Touch the post-AI slot.

Comment by Christina – February 27, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m sorry but I have seen fox take a great show move it to a new slot then say oh not good ratings half a season or worse cancel it. Put Touch on Monday’s with House instead since the preview did great and also 24 fans will watch for Kiefer Sutherland. I’m just weary of Fox after they have canceled shows I liked like Firefly and Keen Eddie because of bad time slots. I hate Fringe’s timeslot but they refuse to move it.

Comment by Courtney – February 28, 2012 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones has out done EVERY show, in EVERY time slot & all on different channels 2 so no big deal. Bring it in season 7, 8 & 20!!

Comment by Mic – February 27, 2012 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im a bit peeved over the bones move. Did someone loose a bet to a castle writer about bones getting good rating on a monday or something?? Really guys. We havr 1 tv, no dvr & this is just a crappy deal. Monday for us is , HIMYM, hart of dixie & castle. Why toss bones into the mix. Thursdays Bones is the one thing we always make time for. I am wondering if FOX is trying to make this the last season, it feels like they have done everything possible the last few seasons to drive viewers away.

Comment by Nikki B – February 27, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Bones will be fine. When they aired episode 6 against The Big Bang theory in January…I really thought that the ratings would be very low, but they actually did pretty good in a new timeslot without any lead in. As long as they promote the show and make sure people know that it airs on Mondays…I’m sure it will be fine. Even if they only get like 8 million and a barely above 2.0 demo. That’s still pretty good.
    Yeah, it won’t beat the competition, but I also don’t think it will tank…and no doubt that Bones will be renewed for another season. Fox just hasn’t announced it yet.

Comment by Jillian – February 27, 2012 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are these plans already blown since Fox preempted House and Alcatraz tonight for the white trash car crap?

Comment by Dale – February 27, 2012 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this makes me sad. i love alcatraz.

Comment by liz – February 27, 2012 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do too. Does this mean Alcatraz is effectively a goner?

Comment by kirads09 – February 28, 2012 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m pretty sure the Alcatraz season finale is the week before.

Comment by Nicole – February 28, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, as denoted in story above, ALCATRAZ season finale airs March 26, as planned, the week before BONES moves to Mondays.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 28, 2012 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF why is Bones moving to Monday’s for? I watch WWE Monday night Raw and How I met your mother on monday’s and i can only dvr 1 of them. What the hell is Fox thinking the ratings for Bones will differently drop now. Thanks Fox for ruining my Day!!!

Comment by Marie – February 27, 2012 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post