Blind Item: Which Popular Duo Will Seal the Deal?

Get More: Blind Item

The prudes among TVLine’s readership may want to avert their eyes for today’s Blind Item. Wait? What? There are none? Fine, then. Read on, because said item of the seeing-impaired variety involves a couple that a lot of fans want to see get it on, actually getting it on.

Your clues are as follows:

* The duo in question is on a popular network series.

* Their nookie will not be of the “dream sequence” sort — it’s for real, yo.

* Their boosters will be pleased.

* Well, most of their boosters will be pleased. A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon, and the show is skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story for their coming together to be truly satisfying. (Mind you, a few people were always going to grumble, weren’t they?)

* The hook-up will take place during May sweeps. Okay, technically, that isn’t a clue. But it does seem germane, wouldn’t you say?

For an additional hint, you should follow me on Twitter (I’ll be dropping another clue within the next week). But in the meantime, your guesses below!

Tags:

Comments (1,029)

• Dave and Penny – “Happy Endings”

Comment by Richard – February 26, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only guess i could think of is Booth/Bones. It fits perfectly, everyone was so upset about how the baby story went down and them getting together and that’s why they may not want to see them getting together on t.v. now, they’ll be like, “so what, they skipped over the good part”, i think it fits the clues perfectly because they never had shown them before.

Comment by jonathon – February 26, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They have a BABY, you would think they have had sex..

Comment by Niki – February 26, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hart Hanson promised that we would see a love scene this season after Emily had her baby in real life…but I don’t think it’s them.

Comment by Jillian – February 26, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with most commenters her that I really, really hope its Castle/Beckett, but with that to soon part it might be before one or both of there secrets are out.. And I don’t no if I like that..
    But still really, really hoping its them!

Comment by Niki – February 26, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know if the way the clues are written are a clue in itself, but the ‘yo’ sounds a lot like esposito…

Comment by sarah – February 26, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASKETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CASTLE AND BECKETTT<3 always is italicized!!! and Andrew Marlowe said that their secrets would come out by the end of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Comment by Brianna – February 26, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What’s all the fuss about the word ‘always’? It’s italicized, so what?

Comment by valezza – February 26, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ‘Always’ is a very significant word in Castle… it’s the title of the finale, for one, but Castle and/or Beckett always says it to the other after highly charged/emotional experiences. Very meaningful for them. Not sure how significant that is in THIS case, as italicizing that word was appropriate in that sentence, but this is the first blind item I’ve checked out…

Comment by carolemorenophotography – April 21, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CALLEIGH AND ERIC?!?!?!?

Comment by Erin – February 26, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also…I think Ausiello means that the couple is just going have sex and not be an actual couple. Seriously, if Castle and Beckett just have sex without at least one of them telling their secret, I’m going to be so mad. The “too soon” as me worried that they might no tell their secrets to each other.

Comment by Jillian – February 26, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wishful tvland hookups:
    Damon & Elena: something needs to spice that girl up; she’s boring as is Stefan and her & Stefan together?? Major YAWN.
    Kensi & Deeks: too hawt.
    Tony & Ziva: unbelievably hawt. She should’ve given him some back when he searched the earth for her then when she was dead, he went after her ‘murderer’. Should’ve happened LONG ago.
    Bones & Booth: Boring. Quite watching after 5-6 seasons of waiting then WHAM, she’s pregnant and we didn’t get the slightest peek. Very hurtful for this fan. Deleted from the DVR.
    Becket & Castle: Because waiting just seems silly after so long.
    Annie & Auggie: because I had no clue the writers were even going in this direction and when they did I was like “oh yeah! that would be HAWT!”
    Deb & Dex: They’re not blood relatives and it’s in the books…yes, that’s what I’m sticking with.
    Matthew & Mary: because the restraint those Brits have is killing me.
    Mary & Marshall: cuz they’re perfect together?
    Patrick & Lisbon: because these procedurals simply get too boring just being all procedural
    Emily & Jack: simply because I cannot stand to see Jack with that other skank. ;)jk
    Carrie & Al: LOVE second chance love. Sigh.
    Klaus & Caroline: Anything to see Joseph with no shirt.
    Pete & Myka: They’re made for one another. That’s all I got.
    And finally Peter & Olivia again and again just because they are incredible together and it is fantastic love story.

Comment by Pamela – February 26, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sorry, but what the hell Dexter books are you reading??? They’re way more sibling like in the books than on the show. Methinks you should put down the kool aid/pipe/needle/dog food/whatever.

Comment by Ashley – February 27, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • my mistake, troll/skank/douche/beawtch.

Comment by Pamela – February 27, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It will either be Castle and Beckett or Delena!

Comment by Remy – February 26, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOT Tony/Ziva, guys. That would hardly be too soon. Also, we know how Bellisario productions work. Tiva won’t happen til the last 5 minutes of the entire series. Did no one watch JAG?
    Also dear god NOT Damon and Elena. It would be too soon, and since it isn’t the last season, the repercussions would probably break Damon’s heart in the long run, and he doesn’t deserve any more heartbreak. PLEASE not Damon and Elena. Not yet.

Comment by Annie – February 26, 2012 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreeed, although Don isn’t running the show anymore. He doesn’t have a part in anything they do, I know it’s not Tony/Ziva, but still.

Comment by hi – February 26, 2012 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle
    & Beckett

Comment by Donna – February 26, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the possibilty that this could be Castle and Beckett is making me crazy right now xD

Comment by jazoey – February 26, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im thinking it totally has to be ezria (aria and ezra)on Pretty Little Liars

Comment by micah nicole – February 26, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PLL is not on a network. Sorry to burst your bubble!

Comment by Viv – February 26, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Snow White and Prince Charming

Comment by Trudy – February 26, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s not Dan and Blair. As much as I loathe them hey are already moving at a unbelievable speed. So I think they’ll do the deed before May lol. My bet is Caskett for now but it could be anyone.

Comment by Annie – February 26, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a little suspicious about Castle and Beckett. It just seems a little too obvious to be a blind item. I mean, if it’s them why do a blind item at all? Everyone already knows it’s gonna happen eventually. My god, Castle is so overrated. I could care less whether they hook up. It’s a pretty stupid show and Beckett is just a less gorgeous version of Olivia Benson.

Comment by Cassandra – February 26, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Less gorgeous? Don’t think so.

Comment by May – March 7, 2012 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan and Blair, I hope.

Comment by Gisele – February 26, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also…most of the blind items turn out to be nothing like what Ausiello has said in the beginning, so keep that mind. It could be that Gossip Girl couple because it seems like every week in the comments section for Ausiello scoop, there are so many fans of this “Dair” couple, hence it’s popular.

Comment by Jillian – February 26, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dair is no longer unrequited nor is them doing it even close to a big enough deal for Sweeps, unlike Delena, the couple from Castle, and some others.

Comment by Ashley – February 26, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually almost only dair fans come here, because Aushole only does dair spoilers. There are other storylines for him to spoil (Ivy, Serena, Chuck and Diana) but Aushole has his head up dair’s backside. It’s like saying there are a LOT of Chuck and Blair fans, because they trend on twitter EVERY episode, worldwide.

Comment by ha – February 27, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s not that popular when the ratings have been dropping since they started.

Comment by Annie – February 26, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When you talked about “skipping beats” and being too soon for them to be together I thought it might be Klaus and Caroline.

Comment by AnnClau – February 26, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Klaus/Caroline isn’t going to happen.

Comment by Marie – February 27, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sam and Mercedes?

Comment by Kim – February 26, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cary and Kalinda?

Comment by A – February 26, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!! PLEASE BE CASTLE & BECKETT!! PLEEEAASSEEEE!! :D

Comment by Emily Q. – February 26, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can definitely see it being Castle/Beckett, and just the possibility of it is making my insides so excited I can’t take it!!:
    1. Kate’s secret is supposed to be coming out within the next couple of episodes, so by May sweeps that will be all sorted out.
    2. The italicized ‘always’ and the ‘yo’ of course!
    3. A lot of people disagree, but I think them just sleeping together would be perfect for the show. I looove them together and think they’ll end up being together forever, but I can’t see Beckett just going head first into a real relationship with Castle – she’s not “mushy” enough for that… I think she’d deal with the physical part first because she can’t wait any longer haha. Am I the only one that thinks this?

Comment by Anna – February 26, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tiva all the way!!!

Comment by Cody – February 26, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elijah and Elena; Caroline and Klaus; or Damon and Alaric.

Comment by Jon – February 26, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If only! I’d pick any of pairings in your list (especially Elijah/Elena or Damon/Alaric) over Damon/Elena, honestly.

Comment by Kat – February 26, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is Jess and Nick from New Girl

Comment by Derek – February 26, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it is not Delena, I hate them. But if dream sequence is a clue, didnt Castle have a dream sequence once??

Comment by Candygirl – February 26, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma & Will from Glee. The cliffhanger’s wedding is the begining of the end of Finchel. I don’t think Finchel is getting married
    Dan & Blair… NEVER!! Seriously, I love them, but the endgame always will be CHAIR.
    Castle/Beckett… yes please

Comment by Fabricio – February 26, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle and Beckett

Comment by jess – February 26, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh yes. Caskett’s storyline is exactly like B&B. Because in Bones, Brennan was shot and Booth then told her that he loved her. Then they both were keeping secrets from each other that could threaten to ruin their budding relationship. That totally happened and then Castle just stole it.
    I’ve seen every Castle and Bones episode. I love both. Castle is not a rip-off from Bones, I’m sick of people saying that.
    And no way will it be the end of season 6 before Caskett gets together. I’m guessing they’ll be together by the middle of season 5.

Comment by Anna – February 26, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ryan and Esposito?

Comment by coop – February 26, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it will be Castle/Beckett. I’m sensing a Bones-like pregnancy rush here. I hope not but just a feeling.
    Or maybe Delena (hot couple and boosters is giving me that impression).
    The other option is Dair but they’re not unrequited anymore and May would be too slow not too fast.
    What about Tony/Ziva.

Comment by Issie – February 26, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Plus everyone is is ignoring the fact that Dair sleeping together is hardly a big enough deal for Sweeps Week. Delena, now that would be a big deal.

Comment by Ashley – February 26, 2012 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It better be Castle and Beckett. That’s all I have to say.

Comment by Jill – February 26, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey Carmicheal i mean it would be hot on a Superficial level i don’t like Finchel that much and can understand you saying there is to much Rachel
    For whoever asked which Sheldon and Amy i meant TBBT and it would be impossible to happen

Comment by Josh – February 26, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dair fans…it’s not Dan and Blair! First of all, it says unrequited. They are together now so this can no longer be considered an UNREQUITED relationship. Second of all Dan and Blair having sex is not big enough for sweeps week, NOT on GG where everyone sleeps with everyone and it wouldn’t be a suprise or that big of a deal.

Comment by Ashley – February 26, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm. There’s a lot of possibilities. I know a lot of people think it might be Caskett. (the italicized “always”), but I honestly don’t think so. Sorry. I ship Caskett, but there are so many couples this could be. I don’t think it’s very likely that it’s Caskett. I’d be very happy if it is Caskett though.
    Other couples it could be:
    - Jeff/Annie (hopefully not, I don’t really like them together)
    - Tony/Ziva
    - Jess/Nick
    - Dan and Blair

Comment by Sarah – February 26, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm…Is this sleep together for the first time or just sleep together?

Comment by Sarah – February 26, 2012 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m saying Mary Margaret and David on Once Upon a Time. Beckett and Castle is not “too soon”.

Comment by Brittany – February 26, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they did an amazing job putting B&B together and they are the cutest couple ever. I hope this isn’t Castle and Beckett though.

Comment by Jillian – February 26, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!! It’s Castle! please let it be Castle. I’ll die of disappointment if it’s Blair and Dan.

Comment by Julianna – February 26, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Annie/Abed! *shh* Don’t ruin my story with your logic.
    I ship them, I’d think they’d be adorable, but I know it’s not them. People ship Annie/Jeff, not many people ship Jeff/Britta or Annie/Abed.

Comment by Sierra – February 26, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both Klaine and Finchel already did the deed in “The First Time”, so if it’s a Glee couple my money is on Will and Emma

Comment by Stephanie – February 26, 2012 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kensi & Deeks!

Comment by Ang – February 26, 2012 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle and Beckett was my first guess, but I don’t think that people would say it is “too soon”, so my second guess was Zoe and Wade, which I am totally for, but it might be too soon!

Comment by Kimmy – February 26, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t satisfied with the way B&B were put together, I thought it was a pretty weak storyline. But I stopped shipping them sometime in season 6. I thought their characters acted ooc the whole season. Now that they are together, they’re just boring.
    And sorry to all of the Castle fans, I don’t think it’s Castle and Beckett.

Comment by Lilah – February 26, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PETER AND OLIVIA (FRINGE)

Comment by Ilaria – February 26, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘Always’ in in italics… It’s totally Castle & Beckett :]

Comment by Keshia – February 26, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Mary Margaret/David. People might say it’s ‘too soon’ because of it only being the first season and the whole “want to see them actually getting it on” bit convinces me even more. Because they technically have already had sex (hi Emma!) but we haven’t seen it/ they don’t remember it

Comment by Alexandra – February 26, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post