Blind Item: Which Popular Duo Will Seal the Deal?

Get More: Blind Item

The prudes among TVLine’s readership may want to avert their eyes for today’s Blind Item. Wait? What? There are none? Fine, then. Read on, because said item of the seeing-impaired variety involves a couple that a lot of fans want to see get it on, actually getting it on.

Your clues are as follows:

* The duo in question is on a popular network series.

* Their nookie will not be of the “dream sequence” sort — it’s for real, yo.

* Their boosters will be pleased.

* Well, most of their boosters will be pleased. A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon, and the show is skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story for their coming together to be truly satisfying. (Mind you, a few people were always going to grumble, weren’t they?)

* The hook-up will take place during May sweeps. Okay, technically, that isn’t a clue. But it does seem germane, wouldn’t you say?

For an additional hint, you should follow me on Twitter (I’ll be dropping another clue within the next week). But in the meantime, your guesses below!

Tags:

Comments (1,029)

• Could it be Sheldon and Amy?

Comment by Oscar – February 26, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I vote for Dean and Cass as well.

Comment by Jon – February 26, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even watch the show and I KNOW it’s got to be Castle and Beckett.
    I’d have said Polivia, but that ship has long since sailed ;D

Comment by Dessy – February 26, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first guess was Damon and Elena on TVD….but I wouldn’t mind if it was Castle and Beckett.

Comment by Anna – February 26, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they’re doing something like what happened with Booth & Brennan then I don’t want it to be Tiva. After 6 years they better not pull that.

Comment by Steph – February 26, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My Hope: Tony and Ziva (NCIS) …though I think you wouldn’t classify this as “too soon”.
    And BECAUSE OF THAT I believe it’s Caskett (Castle)

Comment by Svenja – February 26, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kensi & Deeks NCIS LA

Comment by Charlie – February 26, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dare to dair!!!
    Dan and Blair!!
    Dan and Blair!!
    Dan and Blair!!
    Dan and Blair!!
    (I HOPE)

Comment by Rachel – February 26, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate and Sawyer. Though maybe, Angel and Cordelia? Perhaps, they’ll throw us a curve ball and it’ll be Logan Echolls and Dick Casablancas. I dunno, these Blind Items are tricky.

Comment by Bmass – February 26, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • watching Angel at the moment, and I totally love the way you think.^^

Comment by Linda – February 26, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get the boosters part. If your a booster, wouldn’t you be happy? Why would only “most” be happy?

Comment by ha – February 26, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It could also be Kensi and Deeks. I mean..these two will go undercover as a married couple.. I don’t know whether that’s in the may sweeps tho.

Comment by Svenja – February 26, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It will be in episode 22, if I am correct that is in the may sweeps and maybe the season finale. I don’t know how many episodes they ordered for this season of NCIS:LA .

Comment by Esther – February 27, 2012 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booster makes me think of school so I’m going with Jeff & Annie.The premiere foreshadow them doing it in the opening number.

Comment by K – February 26, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I’d wish it were either Delena or Dair, I doubt it. Ausiello very blatantly said *network*, and correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the CW is cable.

Comment by emily – February 26, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • cw is network. and those would be my hopes, too!

Comment by kat – February 26, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • CW is the red headed step child of the networks. Still a network but everyone forgets about it.

Comment by Aura Lee – February 26, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Delena FTW!!

Comment by Melissa – February 26, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let it be Dan and Blair. I’m, dying here!!!!

Comment by Carla – February 26, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “I’m dying here”

Comment by Carla – February 26, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASCKETT !! PLEASE !! *-*

Comment by zaza – February 26, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL… and yuck. I mean, would they even know what to do?

Comment by Jim – February 26, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I won’t get my hopes up or anything but there are few things that are making me think it’s Castle/Beckett. 1. Always is italicized and it’s their word. 2. The “too soon” thing could be in reference since neither Castle nor Beckett have revealed their secrets to each other. 3. ABC is a very popular network and Castle has really grown as a show and is one of ABC’s forerunners. In conclusion, though I don’t want to get my hopes up, my assumption is Castle and Beckett.

Comment by Ash – February 26, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CeeLo and his cat.

Comment by Jim – February 26, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol @ those saying Dan and Blair — he said a popular show people… Gossip Girl does what, 0.7?

Comment by Marc – February 26, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not even. Try 0.6, at least lately with the ratings dive. Plus, apparently some Dair fans don’t understand the meaning of “unrequited”. A couple that is already together is not unrequited.

Comment by Ashley – February 26, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh there is so many
    1.Delena (would Barf if this happens)
    2.Sheldon and Amy
    3.Mary Margaret and David
    4.Jack and Real Amanda(I want this!)
    5.Samcedes
    6.Quinn Survives Accident and Faberry happens OH yeah it would be hot!
    7.Cassie with Either Jake or Adam

Comment by Josh – February 26, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Quinn/Rachel, really? No, the less Rachel the better.

Comment by Carmichael – February 26, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL Sheldon and Amy from TBBT or Private Practice?
      Because if you’re referring to TBBT…now that would be hilarious

Comment by Svenja – February 26, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like this is too obviously written to sound like Castle for it to actually be Castle. But part of me hopes!

Comment by Kaylee Mechanique – February 26, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tony and Wendy or
    Gibbs and that grey hair chick who name I forget

Comment by Michael – February 26, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL – Because Wony and Ribbs are such a popular duos.

Comment by vollisar – February 26, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You can ship them since 2 and 1 episodes. Wony will never happe again.

Comment by Linda – February 26, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Its better then Tiva

Comment by Michael – February 28, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • …but doesn’t unrequited mean that one doesn’t love the other? Do both Castle and Beckett love each other…or could it just mean that Castle doesn’t know that Beckett loves him?

Comment by Jillian – February 26, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I took from it. We the viewers know they love one another, but Beckett hasn’t returned the feelings to Castle. So, the point is still valid :)

Comment by Heather – February 26, 2012 11:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s safe to rule out any CW couples. That network is not “super popular”
    I think it’s either a ABC couple or a CBS one.

Comment by Nina – February 26, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle and Beckett!!! Although that may just be wishful thinking.

Comment by Jenny – February 26, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nick and Jess??I’d like Castle and Beckett, but is not too soon for them…For nick and Jess instead would be too soon, especially for the ones who are used to wait at least 2 or 3 seasons, but i wouldn’t complain anyway!

Comment by Lara – February 26, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m totally with the people who say Kensi and Deeks from NCIS: La because all of the other shows that you other fans have listed don’t jump out to be as being too soon. I would love it to be them, but at the same time I don’t want it to be them because it will ruin the dynamic if it doesn’t end well!
    When I first read it my mind when to Caskett, but come one that would not piss of the fandom of the show because they are in their 4th season and isn’t the Castle/Beckett romance part of why people watch the show.
    Tiva I REPEAT DOES NOT EQUAL TOO SOON! Seven seasons my friends!
    I would agree with the MM and David thing, but if you are being technical they have technically done the nookie before (i.e. Emma).

Comment by Alicia L. – February 26, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought this too only because it says the nookie won’t be a dream sequence…

Comment by Js – February 26, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh how I wish it was Elliot and Olivia. Maybe Chris will make a surprise comeback. No? Well, a girl can dream. Afterall, the showrunner did refer to their relationship as a case of unrequited love.

Comment by Ashley – February 26, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jess & Nick, New Girl.
    The fact that it’s too soon makes me think of a new show and I can only think about this one. At least for the ones I’ve seen.

Comment by Nico – February 26, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan and Blair!! Oh God, please, DAN AND BLAIR!!!! I’m waiting for so long!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Pamela – February 26, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely Beckett & Castle. The world ‘always’ is in italics. That’s THEIR word!

Comment by Joey – February 26, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pleez let it be Beckett and Castle! After suffering through the moronic CIA two-parter, we deserve a break!!!

Comment by Linderella – February 26, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It says popular network series. GG and TVD aren’t on a popular network. It’s not GG or TVD.

Comment by nina – February 26, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh yeah you’re right =O so it’s not GG or TVD

Comment by Angel – February 26, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Popular could refer to the series itself and not the network, so it could still be TVD. I think it may be Jeff/Annie from Community or the Castle couple though.

Comment by Ashley – February 26, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I believe it means popular series on a network (as opposed to cable). Not whether the network is popular or not.

Comment by vollisar – February 26, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s how I read it

Comment by Mary – February 26, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn it. As soon as I saw this I thought “A popular couple hooking up during the May sweeps? Come on Tiva, come on already!” and then I saw “A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon…” and I let out a big “No!”. Seven seasons already, come on, this is getting ridiculous.
    That being said, I think it might be Kensi and Deeks from NCIS:LA. They’ve been moving oddly fast in their relationship. However, if it is New Girl like a lot of people think, I think that it will be something like what almost happened with Jess and Schmidt. Not really a big deal and definitely not leading to a serious relationship.

Comment by Mary – February 26, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope you’re talking about Klaroline!

Comment by Amy D – February 26, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally, I hope that it’s not Castle and Beckett. Not unless one of them tells their secret, but if they just sleep together without at least Beckett telling Castle that she at least heard his “I love you,” then I might quit watching for good. Also, I think Ausiello meant just having sex and not actually becoming a real couple.

Comment by Jillian – February 26, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there another will-they won’t-they couple out there that isn’t Castle and Beckett? … That anyone cares about?

Comment by Xian – February 26, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can also be Klaus and Caroline ;)

Comment by mae – February 26, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My Klaroline shipping heart would explode in happiness. Haha! I love the Klaroline!

Comment by Aura Lee – February 26, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And then Caroline’s character would be destroyed forever.

Comment by Y – February 26, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree. Plus, Tyler is coming back. There’s no way it’s Klaroline. Or Dair. Or Nick and Jess. Key word is unrequited. Dair isn’t unrequited and Nick and Jess isn’t happening any time soon. For a couple to even be unrequited it has to be clear that at least one of them wants the other and that doesn’t apply to Nick/Jess.

Comment by Ashley – February 26, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg castle and beckett … may or may not be hyperventilating

Comment by brooke – February 26, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, pleeeeaaasseee let it be Castle and Beckett!!

Comment by Mari – February 26, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully Castle and Beckett but what about Ziva and Tony (NCIS)?

Comment by Mindy – February 26, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really want this to be Jeff/Annie because “We’re gonna sleep together” is foreshadowing big time, they do that all the time. Plus, he mentioned dream sequence’ which is where said line comes from, so since Jeff dreamed it, it’s happening in reality

Comment by Carmichael – February 26, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I remember this past summer hearing the powers that be at Community saying that Jeff & Annie were going to officially hook up this year. I’ve been kind of disappointed there hasn’t been much progress on that. I love Jeff and Annie!

Comment by Pan – February 26, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would LOVE it if this turned out to be Castle and Beckett, but this part just does not make sense for them:
    “A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon, and the show is skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story for their coming together to be truly satisfying.”
    These two have been doing the dance for FOUR seasons now, so the idea of anyone in their right mind calling it “too soon” for them just makes no sense. Therefore I am going to guess Nick and Jess from New Girl instead. I could definitely see why people would call it too soon for them, as that show is only in its first season.

Comment by Rachael – February 26, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you think no one will say it’s too soon,just look about 11 comments above( 3:46 PM). It’s true that 96% of fans want them to get together like, last season, but there are still some who don’t.

Comment by TM – February 26, 2012 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think it’s Castle and Beckett because it’s not “too soon” neither MM and David =( I think it could be Damon and Elena (unfortunately) or Nick and Jess

Comment by Angel – February 26, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kurt and Blaine.

Comment by Richard – February 26, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Already did it. Plus, in what world is that pairing “unrequited”?
      I’m putting my neck out and saying Kurt and Karofsky. *ducks flying objects*

Comment by Bug – February 27, 2012 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle and Becketts seems obvious … How about …?
    –Dan and Blair on “Gossip Girl”?
    –April and “somebody/maybe Karev ala dream sequence” on “Grey’s? It’s time for her to lose it!!!

Comment by janet – February 26, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ann and Tom from Parks and Rec.

Comment by Lynne – February 26, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penny and Dave from Happy Endings!!!

Comment by Dan – February 26, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post