Blind Item: Which Popular Duo Will Seal the Deal?

The prudes among TVLine’s readership may want to avert their eyes for today’s Blind Item. Wait? What? There are none? Fine, then. Read on, because said item of the seeing-impaired variety involves a couple that a lot of fans want to see get it on, actually getting it on.

Your clues are as follows:

* The duo in question is on a popular network series.

* Their nookie will not be of the “dream sequence” sort — it’s for real, yo.

* Their boosters will be pleased.

* Well, most of their boosters will be pleased. A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon, and the show is skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story for their coming together to be truly satisfying. (Mind you, a few people were always going to grumble, weren’t they?)

* The hook-up will take place during May sweeps. Okay, technically, that isn’t a clue. But it does seem germane, wouldn’t you say?

For an additional hint, you should follow me on Twitter (I’ll be dropping another clue within the next week). But in the meantime, your guesses below!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Blind Item

1. Oscar says:

Could it be Sheldon and Amy?

2. Jon says:

I vote for Dean and Cass as well.

3. Dessy says:

I don’t even watch the show and I KNOW it’s got to be Castle and Beckett.
    I’d have said Polivia, but that ship has long since sailed ;D

4. Anna says:

My first guess was Damon and Elena on TVD….but I wouldn’t mind if it was Castle and Beckett.

5. Steph says:

If they’re doing something like what happened with Booth & Brennan then I don’t want it to be Tiva. After 6 years they better not pull that.

6. Svenja says:

My Hope: Tony and Ziva (NCIS) …though I think you wouldn’t classify this as “too soon”.
    And BECAUSE OF THAT I believe it’s Caskett (Castle)

7. Charlie says:

Kensi & Deeks NCIS LA

8. Rachel says:

Dare to dair!!!
    Dan and Blair!!
    Dan and Blair!!
    Dan and Blair!!
    Dan and Blair!!
    (I HOPE)

9. Bmass says:

Kate and Sawyer. Though maybe, Angel and Cordelia? Perhaps, they’ll throw us a curve ball and it’ll be Logan Echolls and Dick Casablancas. I dunno, these Blind Items are tricky.

10. ha says:

I don’t get the boosters part. If your a booster, wouldn’t you be happy? Why would only “most” be happy?

11. Svenja says:

It could also be Kensi and Deeks. I mean..these two will go undercover as a married couple.. I don’t know whether that’s in the may sweeps tho.

• Esther says:

It will be in episode 22, if I am correct that is in the may sweeps and maybe the season finale. I don’t know how many episodes they ordered for this season of NCIS:LA .

12. K says:

Booster makes me think of school so I’m going with Jeff & Annie.The premiere foreshadow them doing it in the opening number.

13. emily says:

As much as I’d wish it were either Delena or Dair, I doubt it. Ausiello very blatantly said *network*, and correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the CW is cable.

14. Melissa says:

Delena FTW!!

15. Carla says:

Let it be Dan and Blair. I’m, dying here!!!!

16. zaza says:

CASCKETT !! PLEASE !! *-*

17. Jim says:

LOL… and yuck. I mean, would they even know what to do?

18. Ash says:

I won’t get my hopes up or anything but there are few things that are making me think it’s Castle/Beckett. 1. Always is italicized and it’s their word. 2. The “too soon” thing could be in reference since neither Castle nor Beckett have revealed their secrets to each other. 3. ABC is a very popular network and Castle has really grown as a show and is one of ABC’s forerunners. In conclusion, though I don’t want to get my hopes up, my assumption is Castle and Beckett.

19. Jim says:

CeeLo and his cat.

20. Marc says:

lol @ those saying Dan and Blair — he said a popular show people… Gossip Girl does what, 0.7?

• Ashley says:

Not even. Try 0.6, at least lately with the ratings dive. Plus, apparently some Dair fans don’t understand the meaning of “unrequited”. A couple that is already together is not unrequited.

21. Josh says:

Oh there is so many
    1.Delena (would Barf if this happens)
    2.Sheldon and Amy
    3.Mary Margaret and David
    4.Jack and Real Amanda(I want this!)
    5.Samcedes
    6.Quinn Survives Accident and Faberry happens OH yeah it would be hot!
    7.Cassie with Either Jake or Adam

22. Kaylee Mechanique says:

I feel like this is too obviously written to sound like Castle for it to actually be Castle. But part of me hopes!

23. Michael says:

Tony and Wendy or
    Gibbs and that grey hair chick who name I forget

24. Jillian says:

…but doesn’t unrequited mean that one doesn’t love the other? Do both Castle and Beckett love each other…or could it just mean that Castle doesn’t know that Beckett loves him?

• Heather says:

That’s what I took from it. We the viewers know they love one another, but Beckett hasn’t returned the feelings to Castle. So, the point is still valid :)

25. Nina says:

It’s safe to rule out any CW couples. That network is not “super popular”
    I think it’s either a ABC couple or a CBS one.

26. Jenny says:

Castle and Beckett!!! Although that may just be wishful thinking.

27. Lara says:

Nick and Jess??I’d like Castle and Beckett, but is not too soon for them…For nick and Jess instead would be too soon, especially for the ones who are used to wait at least 2 or 3 seasons, but i wouldn’t complain anyway!

28. Alicia L. says:

I’m totally with the people who say Kensi and Deeks from NCIS: La because all of the other shows that you other fans have listed don’t jump out to be as being too soon. I would love it to be them, but at the same time I don’t want it to be them because it will ruin the dynamic if it doesn’t end well!
    When I first read it my mind when to Caskett, but come one that would not piss of the fandom of the show because they are in their 4th season and isn’t the Castle/Beckett romance part of why people watch the show.
    Tiva I REPEAT DOES NOT EQUAL TOO SOON! Seven seasons my friends!
    I would agree with the MM and David thing, but if you are being technical they have technically done the nookie before (i.e. Emma).

29. Js says:

I thought this too only because it says the nookie won’t be a dream sequence…

30. Ashley says:

Oh how I wish it was Elliot and Olivia. Maybe Chris will make a surprise comeback. No? Well, a girl can dream. Afterall, the showrunner did refer to their relationship as a case of unrequited love.

31. Nico says:

Jess & Nick, New Girl.
    The fact that it’s too soon makes me think of a new show and I can only think about this one. At least for the ones I’ve seen.

32. Pamela says:

Dan and Blair!! Oh God, please, DAN AND BLAIR!!!! I’m waiting for so long!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Joey says:

Definitely Beckett & Castle. The world ‘always’ is in italics. That’s THEIR word!

34. Linderella says:

Pleez let it be Beckett and Castle! After suffering through the moronic CIA two-parter, we deserve a break!!!

35. nina says:

It says popular network series. GG and TVD aren’t on a popular network. It’s not GG or TVD.

36. Mary says:

Damn it. As soon as I saw this I thought “A popular couple hooking up during the May sweeps? Come on Tiva, come on already!” and then I saw “A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon…” and I let out a big “No!”. Seven seasons already, come on, this is getting ridiculous.
    That being said, I think it might be Kensi and Deeks from NCIS:LA. They’ve been moving oddly fast in their relationship. However, if it is New Girl like a lot of people think, I think that it will be something like what almost happened with Jess and Schmidt. Not really a big deal and definitely not leading to a serious relationship.

37. Amy D says:

I really hope you’re talking about Klaroline!

38. Jillian says:

Personally, I hope that it’s not Castle and Beckett. Not unless one of them tells their secret, but if they just sleep together without at least Beckett telling Castle that she at least heard his “I love you,” then I might quit watching for good. Also, I think Ausiello meant just having sex and not actually becoming a real couple.

39. Xian says:

Is there another will-they won’t-they couple out there that isn’t Castle and Beckett? … That anyone cares about?

40. mae says:

can also be Klaus and Caroline ;)

• Aura Lee says:

My Klaroline shipping heart would explode in happiness. Haha! I love the Klaroline!

• Y says:

And then Caroline’s character would be destroyed forever.

• Ashley says:

Agree. Plus, Tyler is coming back. There’s no way it’s Klaroline. Or Dair. Or Nick and Jess. Key word is unrequited. Dair isn’t unrequited and Nick and Jess isn’t happening any time soon. For a couple to even be unrequited it has to be clear that at least one of them wants the other and that doesn’t apply to Nick/Jess.

41. brooke says:

omg castle and beckett … may or may not be hyperventilating

42. Mari says:

Please, pleeeeaaasseee let it be Castle and Beckett!!

43. Mindy says:

Hopefully Castle and Beckett but what about Ziva and Tony (NCIS)?

44. Carmichael says:

Really want this to be Jeff/Annie because “We’re gonna sleep together” is foreshadowing big time, they do that all the time. Plus, he mentioned dream sequence’ which is where said line comes from, so since Jeff dreamed it, it’s happening in reality

• Pan says:

I remember this past summer hearing the powers that be at Community saying that Jeff & Annie were going to officially hook up this year. I’ve been kind of disappointed there hasn’t been much progress on that. I love Jeff and Annie!

45. Rachael says:

I would LOVE it if this turned out to be Castle and Beckett, but this part just does not make sense for them:
    “A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon, and the show is skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story for their coming together to be truly satisfying.”
    These two have been doing the dance for FOUR seasons now, so the idea of anyone in their right mind calling it “too soon” for them just makes no sense. Therefore I am going to guess Nick and Jess from New Girl instead. I could definitely see why people would call it too soon for them, as that show is only in its first season.

• TM says:

If you think no one will say it’s too soon,just look about 11 comments above( 3:46 PM). It’s true that 96% of fans want them to get together like, last season, but there are still some who don’t.

46. Angel says:

I don’t think it’s Castle and Beckett because it’s not “too soon” neither MM and David =( I think it could be Damon and Elena (unfortunately) or Nick and Jess

47. Richard says:

Kurt and Blaine.

• Bug says:

Already did it. Plus, in what world is that pairing “unrequited”?
      I’m putting my neck out and saying Kurt and Karofsky. *ducks flying objects*

48. janet says:

Castle and Becketts seems obvious … How about …?
    –Dan and Blair on “Gossip Girl”?
    –April and “somebody/maybe Karev ala dream sequence” on “Grey’s? It’s time for her to lose it!!!

49. Lynne says:

Ann and Tom from Parks and Rec.

50. Dan says:

Penny and Dave from Happy Endings!!!