Blind Item: Which Popular Duo Will Seal the Deal?

Get More: Blind Item

The prudes among TVLine’s readership may want to avert their eyes for today’s Blind Item. Wait? What? There are none? Fine, then. Read on, because said item of the seeing-impaired variety involves a couple that a lot of fans want to see get it on, actually getting it on.

Your clues are as follows:

* The duo in question is on a popular network series.

* Their nookie will not be of the “dream sequence” sort — it’s for real, yo.

* Their boosters will be pleased.

* Well, most of their boosters will be pleased. A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon, and the show is skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story for their coming together to be truly satisfying. (Mind you, a few people were always going to grumble, weren’t they?)

* The hook-up will take place during May sweeps. Okay, technically, that isn’t a clue. But it does seem germane, wouldn’t you say?

For an additional hint, you should follow me on Twitter (I’ll be dropping another clue within the next week). But in the meantime, your guesses below!

Tags:

Comments (1,029)

• so pretty much it is Booth and Brennan all over again
    My guess is Castle and Beckett it seems there are taking a page from Bones

Comment by ggny – February 26, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh I doubt Castle will resort to a real life pregnancy to force the hand of the writers to allow the couple to hook up (offscreen). Thank god.

Comment by eve – February 26, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could it be Klaus and Caroline on The Vampire Diaries? I hope not. I REALLY dislike them together.

Comment by Jamie – February 26, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course it’ll be Caskett! Castle & Beckett FTW <3

Comment by caskett-addict – February 26, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The first thing I thought was Beckett and Castle! So happy all these other people agree with me!

Comment by alicia – February 26, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s not Castle. Read the 4th point.

Comment by Kevin – February 26, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Read comments on Castle’s FB page… there’s still a contingency of fans who think that if they get together now, they’ll go all ‘Moonlighting’ and it will be the end of the show. They want them to draw it out and have them finally get together in the series finale. And it’s a decent amount of people, even though majority of us are DYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYING for them to finally take the plunge!!!

Comment by carolemorenophotography – April 21, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to say Jess/Nick because to me, that would be considered “too soon”.

Comment by Ria – February 26, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First thought is of course Castle and Beckett. They’ve been leading to this point all season I think.

Comment by Kelly – February 26, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan and Blair, PLEASE!!

Comment by Alisha – February 26, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dare I hope that Mark and Lexie finally reunite????

Comment by Babygate – February 26, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would it be Castle & Beckett? Don’t both of them already know they love each other? Doesn’t unrequited love mean the person doesn’t know about the other persons feelings for them? In my dream world it would be Tiva but I doubt it. Gary Glasberg likes screwing with us Tiva fans.

Comment by tvjunkie – February 26, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Castle doesn’t know Beckett’s feelings for him, and he doesn’t know she knows his feelings for her.

Comment by Meg – February 26, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It means the feelings haven’t yet been returned. So Castle and Beckett work. Same with Damon/Elena and Jeff/Annie.

Comment by Ashley – February 26, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jess and Nick? Jeff and Annie? Travis and Laurie? Sheldon and Amy?

Comment by Ryan Schwartz – February 26, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Either Damon and Elena or Castle and Beckett (although for C&B, it would be about time!)
    Or…. but that seems impossible… SHELDON AND AMY!!!! Lol

Comment by Marie – February 26, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gonna be Dan and Blair. Ugh! HATE THEM! Well, together anyways. Not seperately.

Comment by Jenn – February 26, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAN AND BLAIR!

Comment by al – February 26, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It better be Castle and Beckett or I’m going to be really upset you got my hopes up Ausiello!

Comment by Stacy – February 26, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I pray it’s Tony and Ziva.I’ve waited so long.

Comment by Roy Hayes – February 26, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s gotta be Finn and Rachel, since they couldn’t marry in the previous episode.

Comment by Jasonbres – February 26, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’ve already slept together though.

Comment by Carmichael – February 26, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Baha. I don’t think it’s Castle – too soon. I think giving it another season of growing would work.
    I honestly think it’ll be Tony and Ziva… eeep!

Comment by NCIS Fan – February 26, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well that’s why it said some people might think it’s too soon. Don’t u get the whole thing? o_o

Comment by feliciacastle – April 19, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First thought? – Caskett :)

Comment by Franzi – February 26, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle and Beckett are the first ones I thought of but that may just be ’cause I really really want it to be them :D

Comment by Becca – February 26, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • tiva…………….. tony and ziva

Comment by ben – February 26, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First thought was Castle…but fingers crossed it will be Alcide and Sookie on True Blood! OH GOD PLEASE YES.

Comment by Captain T – February 26, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you miss where he said it happens in May sweeps? True Blood doesn’t return until June

Comment by Stacy – February 26, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • dan and blair. “dream sequence” was my giveaway – gossip girl is always messing with fans with those dream sequences :(

Comment by meeee – February 26, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking Jess & Nick on New Girl- the article did say it may seem soon- most of the guesses are long overdue

Comment by JJ – February 26, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d have said Castle and Beckett but this clue “the show is skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story for their coming together to be truly satisfying” doesn’t fit the storyline. Unrequited love? truly satisfying? we’re been ready for a long, long time now

Comment by Alex – February 26, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle obviously. CW 11 isn’t very popular.

Comment by Sierra – February 26, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If we’re going with “too soon”, Jess and Nick.

Comment by nonabgo – February 26, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think anyone thinks it is “too soon” for Tony and Ziva except those who NEVER want them to get together.

Comment by vollisar – February 26, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle and Beckett!

Comment by Vildus – February 26, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cary and Kalinda on The Good Wife?

Comment by matthew c – February 26, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta be Castle and Beckett.

Comment by Alex – February 26, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle and Beckett ? *o*

Comment by Lamia – February 26, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle/Beckett HANDS DOWN!

Comment by Sam Tabath – February 26, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know they are already a couple, but I think it is Booth and Brennan.

Comment by nmk – February 26, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IT BETTER BE CASTLE AND BECKETT!!

Comment by Amanda – February 26, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Better be Castle

Comment by Stella – February 26, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Hoping for Mary Margaret/David
    2. New Girl has said it’d be a while before any remote possibility of Nick/Jess
    3. Bones did an awesome job putting the two together in my opinion

Comment by Aiden – February 26, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its George and Dallas on Subguratory

Comment by yep – February 26, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please please please let it be Castle and Beckett

Comment by Rachel – February 26, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hmmm
    1. Deeks & Kenzi
    2. Mary Margaret & David -or- Emma & August (assuming only one couple on OUAT hooks up)
    My heart’s with Castle & Beckett but I think that would be “jumping the shark”. Probably Deeks/Kenzi.

Comment by Teena Bee in PG – February 26, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tony & Ziva??? ::fingerscrossed::

Comment by ncisfangrl – February 26, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope its Dan&Blair, it suits the whole thing
    some people think its too soon.
    we already had a dream sequence about them making out (which lead to sex in Dans book)
    and it used to be unrequited til last week.

Comment by Ena – February 26, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please be Castle and Beckett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by joterri_1999 – February 26, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Their nookie will not be of the “dream sequence” sort — it’s for real, yo.”
    That screams Castle & Beckett…Blue Butterfly equals the dream sequence, so this time it’s for real! (:

Comment by Sabrina – February 26, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, and the words ‘yo’ make me think about Espo’, I really think it’s Castle and Beckett!
      In Marlowe We Trust ! :D

Comment by EmilieVitnux – February 26, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It could also be Kensi and Deeks from NCIS: Los Angeles though, because on last weeks episode Deeks said, “This is where the dream sequence usually starts”

Comment by Megan – March 5, 2012 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • dear god just let it be beckett and castle.

Comment by halpert – February 26, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck and Sarah, hands down.

Comment by Jules – February 26, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Winner.

Comment by Maggie – February 26, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be awesome

Comment by Ali – February 26, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • charah 4 ever u guise

Comment by alice – February 27, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have hopes for so many couples. Dan and Blair? Damon and Elena? Klaus and Caroline?

Comment by Angel – February 26, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn and Rachael?

Comment by Ali – February 26, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please oh God let this be Beckett and Castle.

Comment by Lauren – February 26, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post