Blind Item: Which Popular Duo Will Seal the Deal?

Get More: Blind Item

The prudes among TVLine’s readership may want to avert their eyes for today’s Blind Item. Wait? What? There are none? Fine, then. Read on, because said item of the seeing-impaired variety involves a couple that a lot of fans want to see get it on, actually getting it on.

Your clues are as follows:

* The duo in question is on a popular network series.

* Their nookie will not be of the “dream sequence” sort — it’s for real, yo.

* Their boosters will be pleased.

* Well, most of their boosters will be pleased. A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon, and the show is skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story for their coming together to be truly satisfying. (Mind you, a few people were always going to grumble, weren’t they?)

* The hook-up will take place during May sweeps. Okay, technically, that isn’t a clue. But it does seem germane, wouldn’t you say?

For an additional hint, you should follow me on Twitter (I’ll be dropping another clue within the next week). But in the meantime, your guesses below!

Tags:

Comments (1,029)

• My wishes:
    -Damon and Elena (Vampire Diaries)
    -Mary Margaret and David (Once upon a time)
    -Dan and Blair (Gossip Girl)
    -Zoe Hart and Wade or Georges (Hart of Dixie)

Comment by Françoise – February 26, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle is the only thing that comes to mind

Comment by Jbean – February 26, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • tony and ziva?

Comment by allison – February 26, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not Tony and Ziva because come on after seven seasons they would be the last couple I would associate the words to soon with!

Comment by Alicia L. – February 26, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The people who don’t want them together will say it’s too soon.
        But as much as I’d like Tony and Ziva to get together after 7 years of teasing, there’s been little substantive build-up.

Comment by Jill – February 26, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • maybe it is words game , because it will be too soon , for some people it will be too soon, because they want to see tiva together in the ast episode of the last season ,because”moonlighting curse”, so I almost sure that is TIVA, maybe my tiva heart is talking

Comment by estefania – February 27, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely sounds like it may be MM and David on Once Upon A Time? Anyone else thinking the same thing? This is what throws my towards Once the most: “not be of the “dream sequence” sort — it’s for real, yo.”

Comment by Z – February 26, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that means “it’s in the real world” but MM and David came to my mind too.

Comment by Josh – February 26, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I assumed they already sealed the deal. Isn’t that why David’s wife was so pissed?

Comment by Paige Bartlett – February 26, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blair and Dan? (GG) Samcedes?(Glee) Mary Margaret and David? (OUAT)

Comment by mile – February 26, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we please have a Morgan/Prentiss hookup before Paget Brewster leaves the show?!?

Comment by erica – February 26, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will and Emma on Glee or have they done it yet?

Comment by Linda – February 26, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cassie and Adam. TSC

Comment by Dawn – February 26, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE let it be TIVA!!!!

Comment by Fabfivefabby – February 26, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle, it fits plus there’s a “yo”

Comment by Lea – February 26, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    DAN AND BLAIR
    DAN AND BLAIR
    DAN AND BLAIR
    DAN AND BLAIR
    DAN AND BLAIR
    DAN AND BLAIR
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Maria – February 26, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am with you

Comment by Lorena – February 26, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It will absolutely be Jess and Nick, hence the ‘too soon’ part with New Girl being in its 1st season.

Comment by Con – February 26, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely second this.

Comment by Tippytoes – May 2, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, my hope is that it’s Tony and Ziva from NCIS but only one thing would keep it from being them….7 years we’ve been waiting for them to get it on. :)
    So next guess is Deeks and Kensi from NCIS:LA…..it’s only been 2 years and they’ve been dropping hints on and off all season long.
    I look forward to hearing everybody’s guesses though. :)

Comment by Zoyarose – February 26, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to mention kensi and deeks. that would be my guess. so much of the premise and pull of these other shows is the two main characters getting together. the writers want to avoid “the moonlighting” phenomenon so they string the viewer along for years. NCIS:LA is a much more classic procedural drama and it’s core audience tunes in for a many other reasons besides these two secondary characters and their possible relationship. if any show could take the risk and it not significantly alter the dynamic, it’d be NCIS:LA.

Comment by kmarch – February 27, 2012 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am going to guess Beckett and Castle.

Comment by HRU – February 26, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could it be Cary/Kalinda on The Good Wife? Because I would LOVE that.

Comment by Emily – February 26, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House and Wilson! \o/

Comment by AJ – February 26, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since he’s saying that there’ll be a cry of “too soon”, and because he’s saying popular *series*, not drama, my guess is that it’s New Girl’s Nick and Jess.

Comment by Selina – February 26, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, that’s what I was thinking too. He usually will say ‘popular network drama’ or whatever. The unrequited part throws me though. I can’t say that really says Nick and Jess to me.

Comment by Ashley – February 27, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan and Blair from Gossip Girl are a safe bet. True love :)

Comment by Adam – February 26, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish it weren’t Nick and Jess on “New Girl,” but that’s definitely who I thought of first.

Comment by Carrie #2 – February 26, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kensi and deeks on NCIS LA

Comment by mike – February 26, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isnt CW considered an “all most” network? That would cancel out Dan/Blair and Elena/Damon. Thank goodness because Elena doesn’t deserve Damon. Girl is so DUMB!

Comment by Devon – February 26, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree about Delena. I want Damon to be with someone who actually appreciates that he’s (at heart) a nice guy.

Comment by Ari – February 26, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m torn! Damon is so lovable and I want him to be with the one he loves, which is Elena. Yet at the same time Elena is such a whiny twit and clearly an idiot for not wanting Damon. Can we bring Andi back from the dead?

Comment by lacey – February 26, 2012 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to say Tony and Ziva…NCIS.

Comment by Ashley – February 26, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Snow/Mary Margaret and Prince Charming /David from Once Upon a Time?

Comment by Jake – February 26, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLE AND BECKETT!!! he italicized “always” AHHH!!

Comment by Renee – February 26, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The ‘too soon’ makes me think it’s for David and Mary Margaret on Once upon a time since it’s only the first season!

Comment by Rose – February 26, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAIR DAIR DAIR
    (please let me be Dan/Blair.)

Comment by cm2 – February 26, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *please let IT be Dan/Blair

Comment by cm2 – February 26, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My hope exactly! That would be so much fun (but still seems unlikely to happen… ever)

Comment by Soph – February 26, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could the fact that “truly” in the phrase “truly satisfying” is italicized by a clue??
    But then, MA also italicized the word “always” in the following sentence.
    Is HBO considered a network station? All I can think of is True Blood. I don’t watch it so have no idea if there is a popular couple that fans want to get it on :)
    Any shows come to mind cos of the words “truly” and “always???”

Comment by Nancy – February 26, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HBO is cable. Network would be ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, or CW.

Comment by Meg – February 26, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan and Blair.

Comment by Zash – February 26, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle and Beckett
    ?????

Comment by Kourt – February 26, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sheldon and Amy!

Comment by jbee807 – February 26, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kensi and Deeks (NCIS LA) was the first thing that came to my mind.

Comment by Brad – February 26, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones! Oh wait…

Comment by Ez – February 26, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly.

Comment by Elle – February 26, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it could be because the “too soon” part can mean after she has the baby, the dream sequence could be a hint, and he says “actually getting it on” in the intro. Could be wrong but Bones is a good possibility!

Comment by Jessica – February 27, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Patrick Jane and Lisbon on The Mentalist? Sheldon and Amy on TBBT?
    I’m thinking it will be unexpected.

Comment by JohnDoe – February 26, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh I really wish it was them, but something tells me its someone else :(

Comment by tiz – February 28, 2012 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just hoping it’s either Castle/Beckett or Dan/Blair.

Comment by anne – February 26, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s either Hotch & Prentiss (Criminal Minds) because Erica Messer says it may be too soon for some people to see them together, or Castle and Beckett.

Comment by Alana – February 26, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was Mercedes and Sam on Glee. I could see that being a BIG jump from where they’re at now. Though personally I think they’re a terrible couple. But it’s just cause I personally don’t like the Mercedes character.

Comment by Laura – February 26, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s Damon & Elena. I’ve been waiting for this for three seasons!

Comment by Sara – February 26, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • part of me hopes it is Castle/Beckett…and part of me really hopes it’s not. I don’t know what I want right now. so my guess is Castle/Beckett. I just don’t know how I feel about it yet lol

Comment by Allyson – February 26, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Castle and Beckett…
    even ‘always’ was in italics the text ;)

Comment by lynne – February 26, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did tv not learn from Bones? True fans waited 6 years for booth and Brennan to get together and then Emily deschanel gets pregnant in real life and then all of a sudden booth n Brennan are together. Btw it’s ok to GRUMBLE cause I feel cheated after waiting 6 years. Just saying’.

Comment by Kayla – February 26, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • IMO, they waited too long on Bones. I didn’t care about Booth/Bones anymore. I still don’t really care. They had me through the first three seasons and then it just became so tedious.

Comment by Pash – February 26, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They lost me when Booth declared his love and Bones didn’t return his feelings. Then of course the writers came up with that horrible Hannah storyline.

Comment by lacey – February 26, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It won’t be Castle & Beckett. Andrew Marlowe and co and determined to keep their relationship moving as fast as a glacier.

Comment by BonesFringeFan – February 26, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well but he said about Bones writers that they took too long time to make Booth and Bones together. since he said it,he has to make castle and beckett together before season 6.

Comment by feliciacastle – April 19, 2012 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK, I know it probably won’t be Destiel… but a girl can dream, right?

Comment by Jen – February 26, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For all those saying Castle and Beckett…why would anyone complain it’s too soon for them?

Comment by Josh – February 26, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You could say its “too soon” if it occurs before either of them spills their respective “secrets” to the other…

Comment by frugsandgrub – February 26, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • too soon if you compare with other couples like Both and Brenas – 6 years, Ziva and Tony – 7 years, etc etc…

Comment by Mari – February 26, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s Booth and Brennan and 2nd Tony and Ziva are not a couple.

Comment by Linda – February 26, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jess and Nick were the first ones that popped into my head, especially at the “too soon” although I don’t think so. I love it! I would also not be opposed to Castle and Beckett though in my mind, definitely not too soon, more like took forever!

Comment by Tina – February 26, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see the word “Always”, I think Caskett! :D

Comment by EmilieVitnux – February 26, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, let it be CASTLE AND BECKETT !!!!
    Would be about freaking time!!

Comment by Cee – February 26, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jess and Nick on New Girl!!?? Pretty pretty please!!!

Comment by Roxie – February 26, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAMON AND ELENA OMGGGGGGGG

Comment by Emily – February 26, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • snow white and the prince

Comment by disney – February 26, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post