Blind Item: Which Popular Duo Will Seal the Deal?

The prudes among TVLine’s readership may want to avert their eyes for today’s Blind Item. Wait? What? There are none? Fine, then. Read on, because said item of the seeing-impaired variety involves a couple that a lot of fans want to see get it on, actually getting it on.

Your clues are as follows:

* The duo in question is on a popular network series.

* Their nookie will not be of the “dream sequence” sort — it’s for real, yo.

* Their boosters will be pleased.

* Well, most of their boosters will be pleased. A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon, and the show is skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story for their coming together to be truly satisfying. (Mind you, a few people were always going to grumble, weren’t they?)

* The hook-up will take place during May sweeps. Okay, technically, that isn’t a clue. But it does seem germane, wouldn’t you say?

For an additional hint, you should follow me on Twitter (I’ll be dropping another clue within the next week). But in the meantime, your guesses below!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Blind Item

1. lotta says:

Seeing as Ausiello just FAVOURITED a tweet from someone asking if it’s Castle and Beckett, I’m going to go ahead and say IT’S FEKKING CASTLE AND BECKETT. YES.

2. Luis says:

If it ain’t Castle and Beckett, I’m gonna bust a gut!

3. Kerry says:

The fact that some comments are saying that Caskett would be too soon, and some are saying it isn’t, suggests that they would fit these hints.

Also, the “for real, yo” just completely sounds like Espo, and the italic “always” seems like too good a hint?

I’ll wish, either way. :)

4. Oz says:

Caskett isn’t unrequited, but right now Richard thinks Kate doesn’t love him and Kate thinks Richard’s moved on.

5. Adrienne says:

Does anyone think that the season finale of Castle _won’t_ end up with those two in bed, after all they’re going through and wanting to say to each other???

6. Joe says:

Sheldon and Penny

7. Chuma says:

Nick and Jess in new girl. Since one of the clues is that it’s too soon, that rules out many of the other series that have been on the air for a few seasons now. The pair from New Girl have a chemistry since the pilot and they will probably end up together. Well, that’s my guess anyway…

• JBS says:

It would be a great guess, but IIRC, the show in question is a drama on either ABC or the CW, so it wouldn’t be this season.

• Jim says:

Also, Ausiello said on Twitter the show is “in between” a freshman hit and a 10-season-run. That rules out the freshman hit New Girl.

8. vi says:

It’s Nick and Jess from New Girl

9. Suzie79 says:

Richard and the mother of Jackson form Grey’s!!!

10. Tiffany Wood says:

Catherine Avery and Richard Webber? He’s JUST gotten Adele settled in the assisted living center and BOOM he’s hooking up with Avery’s mom. Or April and Avery, though didn’t Michael say it would be a couple that a lot of folks are rooting for? I haven’t heard of anyone rooting for them. Everyone seems to want Avery and Lexie back together. As for the unrequited love tidbit, I’m sure that Richard still pines for Adele and may not share the same feelings for Catherine that she feels for him.

11. Tiffany Wood says:

Catherine Avery and Richard Webber? He’s JUST gotten Adele settled in the assisted living center and BOOM he’s hooking up with Avery’s mom. Or April and Avery, though didn’t Michael say it would be a couple that a lot of folks are rooting for? I haven’t heard of anyone rooting for them. Everyone seems to want Avery and Lexie back together. Plus I highly doubt that Webber feels the same for Catherine that she feels for him so there’s your unrequited love. I think he’s interested but he’s still pining for his wife.

• JBS says:

That’s interesting because everywhere I’m reading, it seems that the couple everyone want’s back together is Lexie and Mark, and this is coming from someone who’s a Lexie/Jackson fan.
      But seriously though, it’s either a pairing from GA or Castle. And after seeing tonight’s episode, it could very well be the former and NOT the latter.

• Dee says:

It could be GA but Lexie and Mark have already hooked up in previous episodes…And I wouldn’t say a Jackson/April hook up was that much anticipated.
        The more I read the more I’m convinced it’s Castle…even Michael Ausiello wrote “always” in itallics! How much more of a proof do you need? :D It’s on ABC; we’ve waited 4 seasons (too long), and yet given the state of their relationship at the moment it might still be a bit soon for them to hook up; Stana Katic said most of the Caskett shippers will be very satisfied with the finale…I bet on Catsle.

• Jim says:

Richard/Catherine and Jackson/April are off the table now… Both couples did it in yesterday’s episode.

12. madbengalsfan85 says:

Gotten used to typing in Booth/Bones whenever these sorts of things popped up, nice to be past all that

My money’s on Caskett

13. yel says:

It definitely Nick and Jess from New Girl. The hint says some people will grumble because it is too soon.

14. Robin says:

I’ll eat my hat if it’s not Castle and Beckett.

15. Kasey Thrum says:

I seriously think it’s going to be Castle and Beckett. And if you’re a Caskett shipper please tell me you noticed how ALWAYS is in Italic. AND THE SEASON FINALE IS CALLED ALWAYS. GODDAMN IT, PLEASE BE TRUE.

16. annie says:

Castle and beckett for sure. Castle and bones are always getting compared to one another and the season finale (4th season) for bones had booth and brennan in bed in a dream sequence (sadly)… which means theres a chance for caskett. also its for real yo sounds smthng esposito wud say which gives me more hope for caskett. Its not too soon tho!!;)

• madbengalsfan85 says:

With the current story line, that really is the only possible ending other than a breaking of the partnership and we all know that really isn’t going to happen

17. KP says:

Jess and Nick – New Girl – bank on it.

18. Carmichael says:

Yeah like a lot of others casting my vote for Jess/Nick on New Girl

19. Victoria says:

Castle and Beckett!

20. amanda says:

Am I the only one who thinks that it could be Snow/Prince Charming aka Mary Margaret & David from Once Upon a Time?

• Tambil says:

Nice thought, but remember that Emma is their daughter so they’ve already done the deed, even if they don’t remember it!

21. Victoria says:

Notice the ”Always” in this article.. THE BLIND ITEM IS CASKETT

22. Casey says:

It’s definitely Addison and Jake from Private Practice.

23. Garcia and Morgan, Criminal Minds….

24. Garcia and Morgan, Criminal Minds…. yep!

25. ziggy says:

Nick & Jess on New Girl.
    Popular series. Way too early, but people will like.

26. Kirk Sansom says:

I don’t watch Castle but I saw a promo for it where Beckett was lying on the ground dying and Castle said “I love you”

27. annie says:

The new promo for castle shows beckett grabbing castle as soon as he opens the door. i think shes gonna kiss him. i HOPE she kisses him. I love beckett and castle so much! Its not too soon!!;)<3

28. Astrid says:

My first thought was actually Brennan and Booth, we haven’t really got a sex scene between them (except the dream). But i wouldn’t mind if Castle and Beckett ended up together ;)

• madbengalsfan85 says:

ED said they’ll be one next season (emotional reunion perhaps?)…also think it’s Caskett

29. loz says:

DiNozzo and Zeva

30. Dave Lewis says:

Booth & Brennan from BONES

• madbengalsfan85 says:

Day late, dollar short…not only have they done the deed, they now have a daughter together, so B&B is out

31. Becca says:

deeks and kensi? PLEASE!!

32. Tambil says:

Well, last night we had Annie and her priest from 90210 getting it on, but somehow I don’t think that’s the one. It could be construed as ‘too soon’ but they are hardly ‘popular characters’!

33. LM says:

If it’s not Castle and Beckett I will pay you all $500.

34. NCISLUVR says:

My first guess was Tony and Ziva, but he said people may think it’s too soon. So now I’m thinking Kensi and Deeks, especially after watching the promo for next week’s episode, “Neighborhood Watch”

35. colormelauren says:

This might be really off but what about Sheldon and Amy?

• Allison says:

that will never happen! And, I don’t think anyone would be upset about it if they did..confused and shocked maybe..but not upset..

36. Steve says:

Tony and Ziva NCIS

37. Dee says:

It’s obviously Castle/Beckett – just see a promo for the next episode

38. JBS says:

I live in Canada, I’ve just seen the Castle season finale & it’s Castle & Beckett.
    There’s no doubt in my mind after seeing the episode (and this is coming from someone who thought it was April & Jackson from GA)

39. Romy says:

Caskett for the win!!!!!!

40. Laietani says:

So yeah we were right it was caskett,and guess what’ yes,i’m really pleased xD

41. Ashton says:

Hallelujah!

42. Ashley says:

Holy s—, it was actually Castle/Beckett. It’s *never* one of my shows but SO glad that this is the one that was! Now…I just need September to roll around.

43. Linds says:

OMG it happened, and it’s CASKETT!!

44. Oz says:

Well, it was Castle and Beckett after all…

45. Krithika says:

well well well…it was Caskett all along!!! GOD i still squeal everytym i see dat scene or even think of it!!!! Couldn’t have asked for anything more!!!! Cant wait for season 5 and the morning after!!!!!

46. Sarah says:

The Mentalist came after Psych and the two shows are COMPLETELY different.

47. It's Quinn says:

You spelled Quinn wrong. “QU” not “F.” Besides, Finn and Rachel have been off and on for the last 3 years, and have slept together. And it’s not an unrequitted love story. And as we learned in the last episode, Quinn loves Rachel even though Rachel doesn’t know, and she loves Finn. That’s unrequitted love.

48. Faberry for the win says:

Talk about unrequitted love. Poor Quinn.

49. Probably not Wemma says:

It’s not an unrequitted love story though. Plus, they’re getting married.

50. Faberry forever says:

NO- QUINN & RACHEL forever!!!

51. loki says:

or hg wells and myka bering…sometimes they almost go there.

52. lacey says:

There’s no way it’s Nick&Jess from New Girl. Besides them not being unrequited love, look up the definition if you must, Liz Meriwether is agaist them hooking up. She wants their friendship to grow into love not for them to hook up to appease fans.

53. Kritz says:

Wow wat an awsum insight!!! I echo your thoughts!! Thanks Mandy you boosted my confidence to 100%!!! Go Caskett!!!

54. River says:

I do like Zoe and Wade but I doubt they’re the blind item. Hart of Dixie while a good show doesn’t fall into the popular category. Plus Z&W haven’t exactly hit unrequited love yet. Zoe has feelings for Wade but she’s too hung up on perfect George to acknowlege that possibility. And Wade acting like a teenager just because he likes Zoe doesn’t mean it’s love, letalone unrequited.

55. i mean it does fit the unrequitted love b/c wade loves/likes her and she has yet to know about it, acknowledge it, or return it. but i think it’d just be WAY to soon for the pace that the show takes. it’s slow and steady not fast and dramatic. so while i really want them together, i want it to build up so that it’s more realistic and lasts longer

56. me says:

Thank you for clarifying that. People should really know their facts before they start throwing insults at a show.

57. me says:

Thank you for clarifying this. People should really know their facts before they start throwing insults at a show.