Blind Item: Which Popular Duo Will Seal the Deal?

Get More: Blind Item

The prudes among TVLine’s readership may want to avert their eyes for today’s Blind Item. Wait? What? There are none? Fine, then. Read on, because said item of the seeing-impaired variety involves a couple that a lot of fans want to see get it on, actually getting it on.

Your clues are as follows:

* The duo in question is on a popular network series.

* Their nookie will not be of the “dream sequence” sort — it’s for real, yo.

* Their boosters will be pleased.

* Well, most of their boosters will be pleased. A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon, and the show is skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story for their coming together to be truly satisfying. (Mind you, a few people were always going to grumble, weren’t they?)

* The hook-up will take place during May sweeps. Okay, technically, that isn’t a clue. But it does seem germane, wouldn’t you say?

For an additional hint, you should follow me on Twitter (I’ll be dropping another clue within the next week). But in the meantime, your guesses below!

Tags:

Comments (1,029)

• I want to say Delena baby. Vampire Diaries is big on dream sequences. So a hint saying it’s not.

Comment by nikki ponce (@nikkichic) – April 4, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Castle, the dream sequence thing is a reference to bones, brennan and booth hooked up in a coma dream *insert eye roll* since both show are often compared…
    Besides last two episodes, Castle’s writers increased the angst between Castle and Beckett driving them apart so the only logical think is to bring them together at the final.

Comment by Ron – April 4, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Zoe and Wade from the CW? Only one season in, some may say that’s too soon.

Comment by Heather – April 4, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It will be on a “popular” series. Hart of Dixie did a 0.0 share in their demo a couple weeks ago. It was a rerun but still, not exactly a popular show. Though this would make me super happy because I actually do like the show. And any excuse to see Wade shirtless.

Comment by Em – April 4, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Caskett. I’m one of those shippers that thinks it’s too soon. Yes they have feelings for each other but they haven’t openly explored them TOGETHER yet. For me? That equals too soon. The show-runners really messed up with this coupling. Instead of all the stalling this season, they could have been showing the relationship growing with them TOGETHER giving us Caskett Sex (Bwahahah, yes. I’m 12…) at a point in their relationship that actually MEANT something. Instead we’ll probably get angry sex and then a season of uncomfortable “OH DAMN WHY DID I DO THAT?” regrets. Bleh.

Comment by dorkaleena – April 4, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, you’ve got it written already. Maybe you should contact the show’s writers and tell them to take the week off?

Comment by sarcastic jerk – April 7, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well..all the secrets will be out by then according to Andrew Marlowe. So, the timing seems perfect…it all depends on the events of the season finale. It could logically happen, but the steps to how it works are really delicate. Let’s hope the writers put the right things in the right places.

Comment by Dana – April 29, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Delena or Caskett works for me! but Michael mentions ALWAYS here so i’m thinking Caskett! i hope its either of these couples or at least a ship i’m interested in, cant wait for it! <33

Comment by Katy – April 4, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s so DELENA

Comment by mel – April 4, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its Jess! …and Nick.

Comment by Andi – April 4, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, not on Fox…

Comment by Allison – April 5, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think (and kinda hope) it’s Castle and Beckett. So many hints in the phrasings: “always,” “Nookie” (Nikki and Rook), and “yo.” (Or he could be making us think it’s them due to these hints, but really just messing with us.) It’s unrequited because Castle really doesn’t know right now if Beckett loves him or not, and could definitely be too soon. Especially if not all the secrets are out by then. I would definitely call it too soon if Beckett doesn’t know about the board when they sleep together. And the dream could either be a reference to Blue Butterfly, or the Bones’ dream episode, since the two are so often compared.

We now know it’s from a CW or ABC show so everything Glee is out, and it seems the other main couple that’s a possibility is Damon and Elena from TVD, which I don’t watch and so can’t really comment on, but a lot of wording seems Caskett heavy and haven’t heard about any special TVD wordings. I guess we’ll all just have to wait till May!

Comment by DJ – April 5, 2012 02:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If its got to do with the vampire diaries, then it’ll be Klaus and Caroline for sure. It cant be delena, because we know that their “love” is somewhat requitted, elena has feelings for damon, we all found that out in 3×18. so it can only be Klaus and Caroline, Joseph morgan (aka klaus) also said that the finale might receive a lot of backlash soo i think its Klaroline, the writers didnt introduce the Klaus/Caroline/Tyler love triangle for no reason, i think that they will hook up in the season finale.

Comment by Zeraa (@Hozzainian) – April 5, 2012 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In case we needed more evidence that it’s Castle/Beckett, the title for part 1 of the two-part finale episode will be called “Always”

Your honor, I rest my case. ;)

Comment by Mandy – April 5, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my mind is just SCREAMING castle and beckett !! (they fit most of the clues,,AND that italicized ‘always’ kinda gave it off) aaaahhh !! NOW i won’t be able to sleep because of this.. *myfingersarecrossed*

Comment by ayra – April 5, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle or jake and addison or jack and real amanda. Leaning jake and addie.

Comment by Gard zzz – April 5, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s totally Delena. Totally. XD

Comment by Callie N. – April 8, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think it’ll be Delena simply because their fans don’t really seem to care about reason. logic, sense, etc. They just want their precious couple together regardless of anything else. Not to mention Elena is still very wrapped up in Stefan (she’s not over him) right now so her suddenly hooking up with Damon would not make sense. And yes I said suddenly b/c it would be. Also Klaus and Caroline really? Did you see the promo for the next episode? Or ever read a recent Candice Accola interview? Never gonna happen people. Castle and Beckett seems like the best guess. Seeing as how they refuse to communicate with each other about their feelings to each other the feelings are unrequited. And while it is about time something happened with them, since they only had one kiss under false pretenses, hooking up would seem really fast. Just please don’t let it be Delena. It’s way too soon for that. And Delena fans never shut up if that happens.

Comment by me – April 8, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m a Delena fan and I agree with everything you’ve said. :)
      It’d be way too soon and it wouldn’t make sense right now. And of course, there’s a 0% chance it’s Klaus and Caroline.

Comment by Marissa – April 17, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For the love of God, please don’t let it be Delena. A little respect for the story they been telling would be nice. One couple should not come from the utter destruction of a character. And that’s exactly what this is. The only reason the idea of Delena can be toyed with is because of the character assassination of Stefan at the beginning of this season. And that’s not okay in my book. Although, since Elena is clearly not over Stefan I’m not sure how it could be Delena. I’ll admit that there has been tension in Delena’s relationship, but it doesn’t even come close to what they bulit with Stelena.If the writers do go there than it will only further my suspicion that for some reason appeasing Delena fans is more in important to them than the story they been telling for the past two seasons. But hey screw continuity who needs that right? I realize the triangle is like the core of the show and that Stelena was not always going to be a perfect relationship, but I cannot accept them having Delena hook up right now. It’s way too soon for so many reasons and if they want us to respect Elena (which I do unless she hooks up with Damon this season) then they won’t go there now. And really Delena fans shouldn’t want this right now while she’s still so entangled in Stefan. I just don’t want them to turn into Katherine and if she hops back and forth between the brothers in such a short time span then she’s doing exactly what Katherine did. Just please no Delena hook up. And I don’t even want to dignify the idea of Klaroline with a response, but I’m just marvelling at the wrongness of that. She loves Tyler and even if she didn’t she would never stoop that low. So I think we can safely say it’s not Klaroline. I’m really hoping that it’s Castle/Beckett or anybody else really.

Comment by stelena&forwood4ever – April 8, 2012 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After this week’s episode of Hart of Dixie, I think they definitely laid the groundwork for this being Zoe and George. Zoe’s own father called her out on it, they were overheard by by George and Lemon and George saw the kiss between Lavon and Lemon, even if she slipped away so quickly that he wasn’t entirely sure what he saw. And let’s face it… Castle and Beckett have been drawn out way too long, there’s no “It’s too early,” with them… it would be, “It’s about darn time!” With Zoe and Wade, it would clearly be a bit too early, and there would be plenty of people unhappy about it given the whole Wade angle. But, they also kind of addressed the potential of Wade heading off or going away for a bit with the idea of opening his own bar. It just seems like this last episode was one big setup for what’s to come.

Comment by MH – April 10, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hart of Dixie isn’t really a “popular” show by its ratings though (not that I dislike the show).

Comment by Marissa – April 17, 2012 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could it be Tony and Ziva? This season has sort of had them both hear people saying they should be together. I’m thinking if it is them though they won’t get together romantically still for awhile (if ever) it will just be a hook up after a close call with death or something.

Comment by Emily – April 10, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is George and Dallas from Suburgatory. I saw someone say that the “unrequited” thing isn’t true here, but sparks have been flying since she was still married. Dallas has flat out said that she isn’t interested, so I’d consider that unrequited.
    (I’d really like another hint here. Comedy? Drama? It’d be nice if we knew which genre we were working with.)

Comment by Beth – April 11, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ausiello just recently said it was a drama. :)

Comment by Sarah – April 18, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty sure it is Dallas and George on Suburgatory. Boosters is a fairly obvious clue for them.

Comment by Jen – April 13, 2012 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am pretty sure it is Dallas and George from Suburgatory. Boosters seems like a fairly obvious clue for them.

Comment by Jen – April 13, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so want it to be DE….but I’m almost sertain it’s castle & beckett (which is also great)

Comment by Taylor – April 17, 2012 03:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People need to learn to spell. It’s unrequited.

And it’s Castle & Beckett. If you watch the show, you know that the last several episodes are clearly leading up to them sealing the deal.

Comment by Red – April 17, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please be Tony and Ziva. But I wouldn’t say it’s too soon, as it’s been years! So as much as I hope it is, it’s probably from a show I don’t watch. Like the Bones remake, Castle.

Comment by Cody – April 17, 2012 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Except… Castle isn’t lame and will actually SHOW the two characters getting together. Instead of lying down next to each other and being too stupid to use a condom.

Comment by Jim – April 18, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hehehehe….i second u pal! im really hopin its them

Comment by Derek – April 20, 2012 03:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • buddy get your eyes checked. this is an article on which COUPLE IS HOOKING UP? not an article on WHAT’S YOUR OPINION ON CASTLE?. so quit bashing castle and go give ur opinions where they are wanted.

Comment by Krithika – April 20, 2012 03:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pretty sure it’s Caskett…

Comment by victoria gates – April 18, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And what’s your opinion on that, Captain Gates?

Comment by Jim – April 22, 2012 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well today’s twitter postings ruled out Damon and Elena: both participants are human. So I’d say that pretty well confirms Castle and Beckett.
    So YAY for Caskett

Comment by Natalie – April 18, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank God. haha I don’t watch Castle, but I did not want to see Damon & Elena go there right now. =)

Comment by Whitney – April 21, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ausiello just excluded CBS shows on Twitter.

Comment by Jim – April 18, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tony and Ziva off NCIS. :P

Comment by Hannah (@BaybeeHannah17) – April 18, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We never actually SAW Booth and Bones “do it”…they had the episode of Bones writing a story of their being married after Booth had brain surgery.

We had Bones telling Angela about their night together but never saw any real life action.

Comment by barbaradarlin – April 18, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope it’s Damon/Elena. It could be, but there are only 4 episodes left, & idk where that scene would fit.

Comment by Marianna – April 18, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • updates on the blind item: its a drama on cw or abc, thats been around between 1 and 10 years, it takes place in the finale, they are both human, it takes place in a house, the couple is not officially dating, it has to be castle fits all the clues!!!!!

Comment by sofia – April 18, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just to be pedantic: Neither Castle nor Beckett live in a house – both have apartements (or something similar).

But I really hope it’s Castle and Beckett.
      All the clues from Castle Paleyfest…
      The sadness in “The Limey”… (There’s darkness before light.)

Comment by ys99 – April 18, 2012 10:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well just to clarify mr pedantic, ;) Ausiello, said that for that question he said that house could mean apartment, house, loft a cardboard box, just that it does not happen outside! I really hope its them too.

Comment by sofia – April 19, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And it would’ve been enough if he’d said “apartment or house”, but I think mentioning the loft is actually a clue.

Comment by Alex – April 22, 2012 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is very obvious everyone. Has no one heard of Police Boosters? It’s Castle/Beckett.

Comment by Christie – April 18, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now that Damon and Elena are out (Ausiello just confirmed on twitter that they’re both human), what other possibilities are left besides of Castle?

Comment by jazoey – April 18, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • always is italicized…. just saying. CASTLE AND BECKETT fosho.

Comment by Kelly – April 18, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MA: “Mind you, a few people were always going to grumble, weren’t they?”

ALWAYS. There’s your clue people. It’s Castle and Beckett.

Comment by leftword – April 18, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gunning for either Beckett/Castle or Damon/Elena

Comment by Elizabeth – April 18, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alright so far I’m thinking Castle and Beckett, but guys what about Mark and Lexie from Grey’s Anatomy? They kind of fit all the clues too so far, but I’m not sure if people will think it’s too soon for them.

Comment by Jane – April 18, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm. I’m startling to wonder if it is going to be Castle and Beckett? At first I thought there was no way, now I’d say it’s possible. They fit most of the clues, problem is I don’t really follow enough tv shows to know who else it possibly could be.
    *Contains some small Castle spoilers*
    - Castle is on ABC
    - couple is not officially dating
    - Takes place in the finale (The Castle finale is called Always!)
    - Always is italicized, although that could just be a coincidence
    - The show in question is a drama
    - They are both human
    - Some people might grumble because it’s only season 4 (which is early for most will-they-won’t-they-couples) and because they’re still fighting currently. That only gives them two episodes to reconcile, get the secrets out of the way and have sex.

But, Caskett is not even close to be an unrequited love story. Although, currently Castle thinks Beckett doesn’t love him. And Kate is worried that Castle has moved on.

Comment by Sarah – April 18, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This post,is,PERFECTION,totally agree.

Comment by Laietani – April 19, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously though, is there even any other couples it could be?

Comment by Sarah – April 19, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, since I don’t watch any CW, I won’t comment on any drama that airs there.
          But I will just offer the only other pairing that I can think of that could fit using your criteria: April & Avery from Grey’s Anatomy. Why? Well consider this:
          1. Grey’s Anatomy is on ABC… like Castle
          2. April & Avery, like Castle and Beckett, are not officially dating.
          3. Does it take place in the finale? I don’t know, but why not?
          4. I think the italicized always is just coincidence, but I’ll admit it fits Castle a lot better than Grey’s Anatomy
          5. Grey’s Anatomy is a drama like Castle
          6. They are both human
          7. Some will grumble because April & Avery have only been on GA for 3 seasons and their feelings for one another (besides being friends) have never really been addresed in-depth. Also, other GA fans may grumble because a storyline where they have sex would take away from the originals (Grey, Yang, Karev etc.) who may be in their last hurrah, which leads me to…
          8. Assuming that Ellen, Sandra and Justin leave after this season, then a April-Avery relationship could become a central story-arc for GA in season 9, and the best way for that to come to fruition would be for them to have sex in the season 8 finale.
          9. GA has 3 new episodes to air and then the finale, so 4 total. Personally, I think it would be enough time for this storyline to happen in a realistic manner.
          10. April and Avery are definitely an unrequitied love story.
          This is by no means to say that I am right. In fact, I think it is more realistic for it to be from Castle than from Grey’s Anatomy. But let’s agree that it better not be from some CW show.

Comment by JBS – April 19, 2012 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Thank you, I don’t watch enough shows to know who could fit this. Castle and Modern Family are the only ABC I watch, I don’t watch any CW shows. House and Bones are the only Fox shows I watch. So, thanks for telling me about April and Avery. I’m going to cross my fingers and hope it’s Castle and Beckett.

Comment by Sarah – April 20, 2012 06:16 AM PDT
          • I’m pretty sure TPTB already said April wasn’t losing her virginity this season, though, season finale or not.

Comment by Mo – April 22, 2012 09:19 PM PDT
          • Well,it was castle after all :))

Comment by Laietani – May 10, 2012 09:52 AM PDT
  • Jess and Nick from New Girl! That show is hilarious!!!

Comment by Grace – April 18, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Always is italicized! It has to be Castle and Beckett!!

Comment by Tia – April 18, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ohhhhh how i wish it was The Caskett!!!! But i have a feeling dat it ain’t happenin anytym soon. AWM told that the finale would be “emotional”. i dont think caskett doing ‘it’ qualifies as emotional. i mean they hav too many issues at hand and not to mention loads of anger and pain. you can trust Rick to seal the deal but Kate??? Kate’s going through a very emotional phase right now. i dunno but i hv a disappointin feelin that its not them. Andrew.W.Marlowe prove me wrong will you??!! please im begging you!!!!!!! boo hooo sorry im such a crazy shipper guys. :’(

Comment by Krithika – April 19, 2012 03:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Craaazzzy thought, I know, but what if, in light of the human spoiler, Damon somehow becomes human on TVD and it’s a Delena hook-up? I know it’s next to impossible, but I was soooo hoping this was a Delena thing…

Comment by Allison – April 19, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Could be,but it’s far too soon to go that way,damon being a vampire makes the things more interesting for the show,imo.

Comment by Laietani – April 19, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree. I think that Damon going human should be series end-game. He never wanted to be a vampire in the first place and I think it should be Damon that gets Elena while allowing them to actually be together. And, yes, Damon as vamp is much more fun right now. I was just “grasping at straws” as a season finale shocker with Stefan catching Delena in bed was just too delicious a thought..

Comment by Allison – April 19, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sooooo hoping it’s Castle and Beckett. I mean, look at the clues: “Their NOOKIE” = Rook and Nikki; “it’s for real, yo!” = can you say Espo?; “Mind you, a few people were always going to grumble, weren’t they?” = ALWAYS. So, there is my guess (hope) and why.

Comment by Megan Wilkerson (@wilkerson_megan) – April 19, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just to play devil’s advocate for a little bit, assuming that it is 2 humans that are on an ABC drama who do the deed, is it possible that the 2 characters come from ANOTHER ABC drama BESIDES Castle? For all we know, it could be a pair of doctors from a certain Seattle hospital who do it ;)
    Just had to throw that out there, although all signs point to Castle and Beckett…which I have no problem with at all.

Comment by JBS – April 19, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought of Grey’s Anatomy as well, but the “dream sequence” thing doesn’t make any sense. Also, GA isn’t known for a lot of foreplay before people do it. :D

Comment by Alex – April 22, 2012 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark my words, Leonard and Penny.

Comment by Dave – April 19, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know much about The Big Bang Theory, but Ausiello recently said the show in question is a drama. Sorry. :/

Comment by Victoria – April 20, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After tonights promo for next weeks Greys anatomy I’m going with April/Avery.

Comment by Jo Freeland – April 19, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly. although the 1 thing to be weary of is that if it does happen next week, then it won’t count because it seems as if it has to take place during the finale. But I suppose if this promo is a tease for what’s to come in May, then it would count.
      It would definitely be cool if it was Castle & Beckett, but I hope we are right.

Comment by JBS – April 19, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle and Beckett!

Comment by Emily – April 21, 2012 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want it so badly to be Caskett but even if it’s not can Caskett get together anyways? XD

Comment by Charlie – April 21, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anybody else notice when he said “A few people are always going to grumble” and the word always is in italics and that is the name of the castle season finale episode also the word always is something that is used a lot when castle an beckett are talking, it is like there signature!!

Comment by Abby – April 21, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clues that point towards Castle:
    - The show is either on The CW or ABC.
    - Couple’s not dating.
    - Both are human. (= not Vampire Diaries)
    - “Always” is not just *the* word in the Castleverse, but also the name of the season finale.
    - Show’s “in between” a freshman hit and a 10-year-old show.
    - “Yo” is kind of Esposito’s favorite word.
    - “Nookie” is a ship name for Nikki Heat/Jameson Rook – the characters in Castle’s books, based on Beckett and Castle respectively.
    - “Dream sequence” – as someone mentioned, Castle and Bones are compared a lot and the first time Brennan and Booth did it, was in Booth’s coma dream. Also, “The Blue Butterfly”, when Joe and Vera kissed, was sort of a dream/flashback.
    - Most of their boosters will be pleased, but some are convinced it’s too early.
    - Ausiello favorited a tweet by someone who asked “Is it Castle and Beckett?”

Comment by Alex – April 22, 2012 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, it could be Jack and Amanda from Revenge. Kinda get the feeling that they will hook up end of this season or early next. The only couple I can see it being from the CW is Delena. I mean it probably is a long shot but if Damon becomes human than anything is possible. Besides I hear that Elena is suppose to tell Damon ILY in the season finale. It will interesting to see how it plays out.

Comment by Stacie – April 22, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post