Blind Item: Which Popular Duo Will Seal the Deal?

The prudes among TVLine’s readership may want to avert their eyes for today’s Blind Item. Wait? What? There are none? Fine, then. Read on, because said item of the seeing-impaired variety involves a couple that a lot of fans want to see get it on, actually getting it on.

Your clues are as follows:

* The duo in question is on a popular network series.

* Their nookie will not be of the “dream sequence” sort — it’s for real, yo.

* Their boosters will be pleased.

* Well, most of their boosters will be pleased. A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon, and the show is skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story for their coming together to be truly satisfying. (Mind you, a few people were always going to grumble, weren’t they?)

* The hook-up will take place during May sweeps. Okay, technically, that isn’t a clue. But it does seem germane, wouldn’t you say?

For an additional hint, you should follow me on Twitter (I’ll be dropping another clue within the next week). But in the meantime, your guesses below!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Blind Item

1. aiza11 says:

Addision and Jake Reilly on Private Practice

2. Laura says:

At first I was thinking Castle and Beckett, but I don’t think Andrew W. Marlowe is going to put us out of our misery of waiting yet. I now think possibly Emily aka the real Amanda and Jack from Revenge. Still hoping it’s Castle and Beckett though.

3. jack says:

Peggy & Al Bundy!

4. michelle says:

my money is on Dallas and George on suburgatory

• lacey says:

“Well, most of their boosters will be pleased. A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon, and the show is skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story for their coming together to be truly satisfying”
      I love Georgas and want them as a couple but they don’t have an unrequited love story. There’s attraction and flirting, but that’s all for now.

5. Lana says:

Damon/Elena or Nick/Jess!!!!!

6. kayle says:

after the recent ncis la spoiler, i think its nell and eric!

7. Anonymous Coward says:

Thank you. I couldn’t find it.
    Well, that eliminates a number of couples that have been guessed up to now. Would like to see some more elimination rounds.

8. Schuyler says:

I’m guessing Jake and Addison on Private Practice because I love the idea of those two together, the show looks like it’s heading in that direction and if they do get together, sex would be kind of soon right? I can only hope!!

9. Mandy says:

Reasons why the clues all ad up to Castle & Beckett:
    clue #1) popular network: Castle is on ABC, and the recent update on this spoiler was that it’s either the CW, ABC, or FOX
    clue #2) the ‘nookie’ will not be a dream sequence, it’s for real yo: A)Nookie is a ship name for Nikki/Rook; which is Castle & Beckett’s character names in Castle’s book, a book in which there is a sex scene. B) dream sequence could also refer to the “Blue Butterfly” episode C) “it’s for real yo” sound exactly like Esposito.
    clue #3)their boosters will be pleased: You can’t name me ONE Castle fan who DOESN’T ship Castle/Beckett. It’s not like most shows.
    clue #4) a few will ‘always’ grumble it’s too soon, and skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story: “always” is Castle & Beckett’s catch phrase/saying. Too Soon? Well even though they’re in their 4th season, Castle didn’t even admit his feelings until s3 finale and Beckett is still pretending she doesn’t remember anything the day of the shooting. Also, look at Booth/Brennan, or House/Cuddy, those couples took 7 seasons to get together! And as for unrequited love, as I mentioned earlier, Castle has made clear his love for Beckett, while she remains guarded and ‘unable’ to come to terms with what she’s feeling yet.
    clue #5) the hook-up will happen during May Sweeps: we’ve been told that the truth of their secrets WILL come out, and at the most inopportune time (perhaps after they do the deed?)
    As for the other popular options mentioned; It can’t be Dan/Blair because they’re going to hook up in the next episode, so way before May. Can’t be Will/Emma because that’s not an unrequited love, they’re engaged for crying out loud. I think Kurtofsky is unlikely, but they do certainly fit the “unrequited love” category, as Karofsky just confessed his love for Kurt and was rejected, and it would certainly fall under the category of “too soon” lol. In fact I think MOST fans (even the Kurtofsky shippers) would have to agree that it’s way too soon. Kurt and Blaine show no signs of breaking up and Kurt’s not the type of guy to go jumping in to bed with just anybody; look how long he and Blaine waited! I’m unfamiliar with Nick/Jess and the TVD couples so I can’t comment on those ones. But out of the many shows I do watch, I can safely assume it will be Castle/Beckett.

• Cristina says:

To Mandy
      I fully agree with everything you said

• Lea says:

Plus germane, although not just used in regards to criminal cases, is a word many law enforcement officers use frequently. That’s probably not even meant to be a clue but it would be relevant if this blind item is in fact referring to Castle and Beckett. (Which, fingers crossed, it it.)

10. Kim says:

I LOVE the above comment by Mandy!!! I will be thrilled if it’s Castle and Beckett and you hit the nail on the head with all the detective work to uncover all the clues!!! I am a huge Bones fan too and also believe that they waited too long to put them together—but the show is still going great so I’m not complaining! I just don’t think Castle and Beckett should wait that long.

11. BonesFringeFan says:

It will not be Castle or New Girl, it’ll be some show on CW. I’m thinking Ausiello only kept Fox and ABC in the running because their show couples were the most commented on (Castle, New Girl) and thus eliminating them would remove pretty much all the comments/suspense!
    PS: I would love another Peter/Olivia scene on Fringe, despite the unlikelihood (yes I know they’ve already slept together!) <3

12. Lisa says:

My guess is Zoe/Wade on Hart of Dixie.

13. Kenya says:

I would love for it to be caskett but I would hate for it to be caskett

14. Cristina says:

I fully agree with everything you said .

15. Sarah says:

Does anyone know if/when we might get another clue?

16. Ashley says:

After last night’s New Girl, I really bet that this is Nick and Jess. :)

17. Andi says:

Dan and Blair on Gossip Girl. The “dream sequence” comment cements it for me, as Blair is big on dream sequences in the show.

18. Nyann says:

House and Wilson! ;)

19. Natalie says:

My top four were: Caskett, Nick/Jess, Delena, Zoe/Wade
    Following PaleyFest panels though, definitely don’t think it is Nick/Jess especially because the creators are saying they don’t want to see too much chemistry from Zooey and Jack.
    Caskett – still a major possibility especially with the end of the season secret reveals and the way its headed…even more so if I say so myself.
    Zoe/Wade and Delena are still possibilities…will have to see what tomorrows panel brings us :D

20. Stacy says:

I was just wondering if there is any way this is Nick Jess on the New Girl. It’s a popular network series and people could definitely consider them to be skipping over the unrequited love parts if they hooked up at the end of the first season. I just don’t see how Castle would ever be considered too soon at this point or Vampire Diaries either.
    Plus there was recent comment where Jake Johnson said he was surprised about his new love interest in the script they are shooting now. “It was revealed in the script we were shooting right now, and I looked at the writers and I went, ‘Really?'” Johnson said. “I was very surprised. It’s consistent in that it works with the character, but I think it’s pretty surprising.”
    Who else would he be surprised by unless he was just talking about his upcoming bromance?

21. Carisse says:

After the Paley Event yesterday, I am certain, it’s gotta be CASTLE AND BECKETT! bwahahaha! FINALLY! :D

22. Sarah says:

I thought there was no way that it was Castle.Beckett, but now I think there’s a fairly big chance it is them. The finale is on May 7th and all of the spoilers are really pointing to them becoming a couple.

23. Nikki says:

In my ideal world it would be
    Emily and JJ on Criminal Minds
    Blair and Serena on Gossip Girl
    Rachel and Santana on Glee
    Rollins and Benson on Law & Order: SVU
    or any f/f pairing lol

• Tsynne says:

lol I like the way you think. Its fun to ship all the ladies, but unfortunately mainstream networks never go there. Watching Lost Girl at least gives me a fix tho, however small

24. Caskett4Eva says:

Booth & Brennan did it right? We didn’t even see it. I felt cheated and disappointed amd Bones was WAY better in the first 3 to 4 seasons. David/Emily barely have chemistry these days.

• Chelsea says:

I felt cheated too! Not only do you not see that, but you don’t see them announce to the team that she’s preggers!

• i know right! they went from refusing to admit to themselves that they loved the other one to acting like a married couple. and we didn’t get to see any of the inbetween! wtf is that about?

• Em says:

It was about Emily Deshanel getting pregnant in real life. They had to speed up the timeline to write in her pregnancy.

25. Sophie says:

Judging by what Stana Katic hinted at at the PaleyFest, I’m guessing it’s Castle/Beckett. I know a lot of fans (including me) don’t think it’s too soon, more like not soon enough! But, in terms of a show like Castle, it is quite quick to put the two main leads together, but AWM has ideas for after they’re together, and says that it won’t stall/stop the show, so i’m pretty confident it’s them.
    As for the Bones argument, I’m of the opinion that they waited too long, the characters lost their spark, and then they shoved them together as if by magic, and gave them a baby. Crap development, and made me completely lose interest in the show. So, pray that doesn’t happen on Castle.
    Ly x

26. Chelsea says:

Nick and Jessica on New Girl?!

27. Chiara says:

I’ve feelings it’s gonna be a Finchel wedding, in the end… the fans adore Finn and Rachel together, they’re the best part of Glee <3, but they're barely adults, so a lot of people couldn't agree with a marriage…Anyway, let's hope it's Finchel!!

• kathie says:

Well, Finchel has already done it before and they aren’t unrequitted. And really, only a small portion of the fandom “adores” Finn and Rachel now. I was alright with them before, but they have gotten increasingly annoying, and are definitely not the best part of Glee, and they never were.

28. mr.noob says:

Caskett bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. Jessica says:

My first thought was definitly Caskett. Some viewers would think it’s too soon, and some would not. The picture does look like Castle. It’s either Dair, Caskett, or Nick and Jess from New Girl. I really, really, really hope it’s Caskett though!!!!!!!!!!!<3<3<3 I am so anxious to find out!!!!

30. Danielle says:

April and Alex on GA.

31. Danielle says:

or…. April and Avery.

32. Kritz says:

Gawwwwwdd…….How i wish it was Caskett!!!! But that “too soon” thingy is making me quite doubtful. Still looking at wat Stana said at the PaleyFest all pointers lead to thee Castle. Fingers crossed!!!!!

33. Sydney says:

Densi?

34. Marlene Bodiford says:

Daryl and Carol from the Walking Dead

35. Sara says:

Watch it not be Castle & Beckett..

36. unknown? says:

CASKETT bitches!

37. i mean it does fit the unrequited love b/c wade loves/likes her and she has yet to know about it, acknowledge it, or return it. but i think it’d just be WAY to soon for the pace that the show takes. it’s slow and steady not fast and dramatic. so while i really want them together, i want it to build up so that it’s more realistic and lasts longer

38. Diana says:

It’s totally Caskett you see how Ausiello discreetly highlights the word “always” .For me it’s obvious – CASKETT FOR SURE ! :D

39. Emma says:

It has to be Castle and Beckett. They make the most sense. And it seems like a clue that he italicized “always” in the hints… People have already pointed out that it’s a thing between Castle and Beckett, and the Castle season finale is called “Always.”

40. b68688686 says:

kensi and deeks

41. Allison says:

Elena and Damon. The dream sequence hint makes me think it’s them because Damon had a vision about Elena saving and kissing him in “Murder of One” and there have been times in which views have been tricked with dream sequences on TVD. Plus, the “love it or hate it” thing….people either like Elena with Stefan or Damon and fans are, at times inexplicably, adamant that their choice is correct. Also, the unrequited love…that is on Damon’s part as he has been pining for Elena while she pines for Stefan.
    And I would be a grumbler. Too soon. I like the love triangle, even if others are sick of it. I go back and forth about which couple I prefer (Stelena or Delena)…it depends on the season of TVD really…

• Em says:

The more I think about it, the more I think I will cry if it’s Delena. We would be missing out on so much emotional “foreplay”! They are barely even getting along now, so for them to have sex 3 episodes from now would be weird and disappointing. I hope that Damon would pump the breaks on that situation. He has probably had hundreds of one-night stands (good thing vamps can’t catch things from humans), so I feel like he would want sex with her to be different than that. I know it makes me a sappy girl, but that IS the target audience for the show so it’s not an unreasonable hope.

• Allison says:

They do seem to get closer in the previews for the next episode though…so many things smooth over in a few eps and then the deal sealing in May?

42. Pete says:

Ausiello just ruled out FOX! Delena FTW!

43. JB says:

I’m definitely thinking it’s Castle & Beckett for sure now after the latest clue. Other clues are popping in, the relationship drama, the last episode title “Always”. It just makes sense.

44. Samantha says:

“Always”, “Yo”, “Not a dream sequence”, and on ABC?
    Castle and Beckett?
    Andrew Marlowe wouldn’t do that though, he wants shippers “frustrated” for a long time from now.

45. bill norris says:

CASTLE…..please…………….then i can stop bitchin about the writers dragging their feet and teasing us for the last 2 seasons….please let it be Castle

46. Becca says:

Ok now it’s gotta be Caskett right??? Since Ausiello just said it’s either ABC or CW? Aaaarggg the problem is that now my hopes are way way up!!!

47. think its jake and addy on private practice

48. Manton says:

It’s clearly not Castle. Anyone with a brain could tell you that. Ausiello just wants Castle fans to keep coming back and hitting the site for more page views. The fact that it’s down to either a CW or an ABC show is telling. It’s a CW show.

49. Elena and Damon. Damon most recently had a dream (Rebeckah induced) about Elena and it would definitely be skipping a few beats since Elena can barely stand to be in the same room as him at the moment. She told Stefan she “doesn’t know” what she’s feeling about Damon so there is something there for sure…

I don’t know if I want this to happen. I’m so hot and cold on Delena (all because of Elena) and I don’t want Damon hurt.

• Em says:

I don’t think Elena would go so far as to have sex with Damon if she doesn’t love him. She has been a real bitch lately, but she does care about him. She knows he loves her, and I don’t think she would want to hurt him like that. Then again, who knows what Elena will do or feel from one moment to the next?

I will be so sad if it’s them. 3 episodes of buildup after almost 3 seasons of waiting just seems so unfair. And idiotic, since they could totally milk it until at least November sweeps. Delena fans are overjoyed at the glimpse of hand-holding in the promo for crying out loud!

50. Ana says:

Ok, now I’m thinking that it might be Addison and Jake from Private Practice. No one would say that it would be too soon for Castle and Beckett and I can’t think of any other ABC show with a structure that would fit this scenario. Wait, unless it is Snow and Charming from OUAT… I can’t see any potential couples in Grey’s or Revenge.