Blind Item: Which Popular Duo Will Seal the Deal?

The prudes among TVLine’s readership may want to avert their eyes for today’s Blind Item. Wait? What? There are none? Fine, then. Read on, because said item of the seeing-impaired variety involves a couple that a lot of fans want to see get it on, actually getting it on.

Your clues are as follows:

* The duo in question is on a popular network series.

* Their nookie will not be of the “dream sequence” sort — it’s for real, yo.

* Their boosters will be pleased.

* Well, most of their boosters will be pleased. A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon, and the show is skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story for their coming together to be truly satisfying. (Mind you, a few people were always going to grumble, weren’t they?)

* The hook-up will take place during May sweeps. Okay, technically, that isn’t a clue. But it does seem germane, wouldn’t you say?

For an additional hint, you should follow me on Twitter (I’ll be dropping another clue within the next week). But in the meantime, your guesses below!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Blind Item

1. emy26 says:

beckett and castle for sure!

• Rob J. says:

That was my first reaction, too. Although, honestly, their feelings for each other are 100% requited these days, just not overtly for fear of bursting the bubble.
      What I’m gonna speculate on is this: how is the “Deep Throat” that’s having Castle steer Beckett away from her mother’s case going to take it? I mean, since in all likelihood he’s Castle’s dad.

• Justin says:

OMG I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!! IT SOUNDS LIKE Castle and Beckett and u know after what sophia said to him this would be a good way the writers add drama to the relationship that will keep us going for another season of still being friends lol! Plz let it be beckett and castle its been 4 years its about time they hvae some action (the sexual kind lol).

• Joe says:

I’d actually like Becket/Castle if they can make sure the tension is still there.
        Tony/Ziva only other guess (rationalizing that they never dated point 4 *too soon)
        Or lastly maybe Jeff/Annie…love them cause I think they were never planned but great Chemistry (But I doubt anything on NBC can be classified as popular)

• Angela says:

I was going to say Jeff and Annie, too. They DID made an allusion to that topic in the opening music sequence of this season’s first episode, after all, and there’s been little “moments” between them.
          No, the show isn’t “popular” in terms of ratings, but it’s got a very rabid fanbase, so if they’re talking “popular” in that sense…
          That’s the only current show I’m personally watching where there’s a “will they/won’t they?” type couple on it :p. So that’s the only couple that comes to my mind. But I look forward to reading the other theories, I know full well the possiblilities are endless.

• Allie says:

Michael said on twitter that the show was on the CW, ABC or FOX so it can’t be jeff and annie. Plus like you said it was already hinted at in the musical number

• Paul says:

Perhaps it is to Criminal Minds one must look or Private Practice – though my first reaction was Castle as well –
          do we know for sure it is man/woman hook-up?

• Mancha says:

Well, my guess is P/O… Peter and Olivia from Fringe… But I could be wrong…

• J says:

Peter and Olivia already have slept together. She had memories of it not long ago…two or three episodes back.

• Sherry W. says:

It wasn’t a memory it was a dream

• Roxie says:

I disagree and think it was a memory in a dream. She was remembering something that happened between Peter and Blue Olivia. After that she got even more of Blue Olivia’s memories, and now she is having trouble remembering her own life as Amber Olivia since she is overpowered by Blue Olivia’s memories.

• Tara says:

it doesn’t matter anymore b/c ausiello just posted that the couple in question is not on FOX so Fringe is out.

• angela says:

polivia have already done the dirty deed, back at the end of season 3

• Chris says:

Fringe isn’t a popular series. It regularly gets thumped by reruns.

• Rane says:

Who? Obviously Ralph and Alice Kramden are finally gonna do it! The show isn’t called the Honeymooners for nothing.
      And is it too soon? Probably.

• kcautumn says:

• steve says:

that was my first thought but then read some would grumble its to soon and for castle/beckett its been 4 years i dont think anyone would moan that its too soon.

• eighty-six says:

The norm for how long you wait for a get together on a show like Castle is about six years though, so people could use that to rationalize it being too soon. Though I personally disagree, someone is almost certain to reference the six years we waited for Brennan and Booth as a reason.

• Jeff says:

More like they waited two years too long for Bones

• Bones Fangirl says:

They didn’t wait too long for Bones. The show has never been better than it is right now. Castle can jump the gun and throw their leads into bed now. Bones did it right.

• rhodora trudheim says:

the creator os Bones had no choise but to do it because Brenan is pregnant in real life and that´s the only way to gt it real. But the hook up is betwen them is dissapointing non th less.

• steve says:

I think if ask most theyed say they prob waited for atleast 2 years to long to put booth/bones together so i just cant see it being beckett/castle. As from what ive seen most think its been too long already for castle and beckett

• Castleobsessor says:

Just to let you know…there are a lot of people who think its to soon for castle and beckett but i 100% disagree… and it WILL be them

• May says:

My first thought, too. My biggest hope, even.

• Cally says:

My first thought was Castle/Beckett, but then I read the “too soon” part. I don’t think any Caskett shippers think it’s too soon! So I’m rooting for Delena! :D

• PJM says:

Except for one problem: how can anybody say Beckett and Castle getting together is too soon? If anything, it’s too late.
      It’s a longshot, but my guess will be Sheldon and Amy on The Big Bang Theory. I think Ausiello might be overestimating the number of people who want the two of them to engage in coitus, but that wouldn’t be a first.

• May says:

I think the “too soon” thing is in terms of development. No one would say Booth and Brennan were too soon, but the development was way too quick. So it could be Caskett. We can only dream.

• lisa says:

Ahh! I sooo hope it’s Castle and Beckett! AND since he ruled out Fox they’re still in the running. I think the “too soon” part might be them “doing the deed” right off the bat – most times they’d have them kiss first, then progress from there, but come on, they’re adults. That WOULD be the normal reaction for a lot of adults.

• ernest isaac says:

no, i think it will be chuck and serena of gossip girl

2. Vanessa says:

Influx of fans screaming “DEAN AND CASTIEL!” in 3… 2…
    It’ll be Beckett and Castle.

3. Stephanie says:

Delana FTW!

• GGMustDie says:

I agree! DELENA, ZADE & WADE!

• Ashley says:

I agree, it’s one of those two IMO.

• Sells says:

I don’t think anyone would Delena was *too soon* of those who support the relationship.

• i actually think it would be too soon for her to sleep with him. she can’t reasonably go from refusing to admit she loves him and still loving stefan to jumping in bed with damon. i want to see them build up to that so that it lasts longer and is even more amazing. i love them so much! and i can also see it being zoe/wade except for the same thing. I want to see them build up to that. i mean for heaven’s sake they haven’t even mutually kissed

• Em says:

I think it would be too soon for Delena, but honestly, a sex scene with 2 of the most beautiful people on the planet? I’m not sure I will be able to muster a grumble if it happens. Plus, with TVD’s wonky timeline, who knows how “soon” it will be? Then again, I feel like the writers would want to milk the buildup a little more. Maybe November sweeps…

• Allison says:

Hmmm, it would be better if they waiting longer…. but I am sort of hoping for a Delena hook-up with a Stelena fall out..

There is some credibility to a Klaus and Caroline hook-up. That would definitely be way too soon and I can see people being grumbly. And Klaus’s infatuation with Caroline is unrequited at the moment….

4. ca says:

castle it is

5. Jenn says:

Castle??? That’d be cool

6. Lisa says:

Castle/Beckett?

7. Kelsey says:

Castle/Beckett perhaps?

8. anna says:

delena, obviously.

• J says:

I wish…but that doesn’t seem like TVD. Elena’s still convinced Stephan can be saved and I think she’s still in denial about her feelings…but I guess a lot could happen before may sweeps.

• Amanda says:

I feel like the whole Delena moment passed (and that’s coming from a once dedicated Delena fan). even when they kissed the last time, it was great, but there was nothing. It didn’t have any real oomph to it, any excitement because Elena is just blah about it. Stefan, I don’t think she belongs with him either. After what he did to her a few episodes back, almost driving her over the bridge her parents died on, I don’t think she’ll ever forgive him for that.
        However, seeing that the dude that plays Elijah has been hinting about Elijah’s feelings for Elena, I’m shipping Elijah/Elena. Elijah’s a total badass anyway. He’s awesome!
        But as far as who is going to hook-up? I’m hoping Castle. ^-^

• Alwaysdair says:

If she can forgive Damon for killing her brother she can forgive Stefan.. Anyways I vote for Jeff and Annie. I never seen Castle so idk if they ever had dream sequences.

• Ashley says:

I think it might be Jeff/Annie or the Castle pair too. About Damon…I don’t think it’s a who has done worse things decision. They’ve both killed people, and they’ve both done reprehensible things. I think Elena will forgive Stefan and take him back but it will never be the same. She’s falling for Damon IMO and I think she will eventually realize Damon’s the one.

• Stefanie says:

Wow, I absolutely agree with most of this – thought people didn’t feel this way. There’s been too much messing around with the Salvatores and Elijah seems like such an awesome guy. But I’m still rooting for Delena as well, simply for Damon’s sake – Elena really has been too blah recently. And I think, unfortunately, she’ll forgive Stefan quite easily.

• Ari says:

I think Elena needs to get serious about her future and realize that she can’t be dating vampires if she wants the normal life she has proclaimed to want in the past. I would like to not see Elijah whipped by Elena. TVD always writes any man who is interested in Elena as a total push over and I’d rather Elijah stay bad. Also, Elena is so boring and unlikeable that I can’t imagine someone as awesome as Elijah wanting to be with her.

• Ashley says:

It’s too late for Elena to have a normal life unless she wants to settle for someone she doesn’t love. I’m rooting for Delena. They just have the more compelling story and it’s a slow burn, which I prefer.

• Rachel says:

I agree with mostly everything you’ve said. I’ve been feeling E/E a bit more recently too, although it sucks Elijah had to leave. Hopefully he’ll be back later on, even if it’s just for awhile.
          The only thing I don’t agree with is Elena not forgiving Stefan. She always forgives him, along with Damon, for anything they do. It’s pretty effed up really. I ship Delena but I’m just saying, the girl’s got issues. After everything they’ve done to her and her friends/family, it’s pretty questionable that she even allows them in her life.
          I’m pretty over the triangle right now, if you can even call it that. You would think Damon and Stefan would have an equal chance since that’s how most triangles work but I’m starting to think that it really will always be Stefan.. which sort of makes the whole thing feel pointless. I mean, if Elena can be looking like she wants to get back with him NOW, after everything he’s literally JUST DONE to her, I think it’s safe to say Damon doesn’t stand a chance. And I’m kind of getting sick of him having to wait around for her all the time. I’m not deluded enough to think he actually deserves her and is in anyway a good person but he really should just be with someone who actually wants him and isn’t just with him because he’s the next best thing.
          Looking at the way she had Stefan temporarily off him in 3×14 it’s no wonder he thought at the start of the season that she was trying to turn him into Stefan. She probably was! But now she’s got Stefan back so she doesn’t need Damon anymore, hence telling him he cares too much. I know a lot of D/E shippers were pissed off by that but I was angrier over her going to Stefan and having him (temporarily) kill Damon. So he’s been there for you all this time while Stefan’s off on a killing spree but by all means, go to *Stefan* and turn your back on Damon. Killing him was pretty damn cold. Part of the reason Elena has come to annoy me so much is that she denies being anything like Katherine. At least Katherine is honest about the type of person she is. Elena makes herself out to be some sort of saint when the things she’s doing are getting worse and worse.
          Anyway, didn’t mean to turn this into a big long ramble but I’ve been having some issues with the show lately, as you can tell, lol. This was just meant to be me saying I doubt it’s Damon and Elena doing the deed. I haven’t even watched Castle in ages but it was the first thing that sprung to mind as I read this. Tony and Ziva crossed my mind briefly but I’ve come to doubt they’re ever going anywhere with that. Besides, that would in no way be ‘too soon.’ It’s been 7 years!

• Callie says:

Delena will be heating up again, so… I can’t believe how you just give up. I was about to, but I decided to believe in them, and as I see it, it’ll pay out. As for the Elijah/Elena part, that just has to stop! Well, I think he’s awesome too, but he shouldn’t be with Elena, idk, it’s just… Wrong in every way. And I’m gonna be mad, if Elijah has a better shot with Elena than Damon. If that happened to be the case, I’d lose all respect for Elena, the writers and… Probably stop watching the show.

• Em says:

I think Elijah looks at Elena more like a quasi little sister. I adore him, but anything between the two of them would be bizarre.

I think Delena are endgame– one of the producers of TVD wrote the Dawson’s Creek finale, so it’s not unreasonable. Whether they will be together by the end of this season, who knows? As long as she doesn’t end the season back in Stefan’s arms [being drenched in his never ending stream of pathetic tears], I will be ok.

• Allison says:

I read somewhere once that the TVD writers already have a plan for how the series should end. In my perfect TVD world, it would be discovered that the Original Witches spell can be reversed somehow…but it would only work one time. (I kind of think of the vampire thing in TVD world as a virus in a way…with the spell continuing through bloodlines). Once this discovery is made, Damon would become human to be with Elena. He never really wanted to be a vampire in the first place, and Stefan would allow Damon to have Elena because it is Stefan’s fault that Damon is a vamp. I don’t see them having Elena become a vampire, and I think it would be nice for Damon to finally get the girl. I like the purity of Stefan and Elena’s love story, but I think her and Damon have a deeper connection.

• forwood4ever says:

I just have to comment on a reply to this post because it just bothers me. Stefan should allow Damon to have Elena? Really? She’s not some trophy to pass back and forth between them. She’s a person and it’s her choice who to be with not theirs. And Stefan owes Damon for turning him into a vampire against his will? Um, no. I think were past Stefan having to make up for that. If you’re going to make it who owes who thing then you have consider everything they’ve done to each other and I think they’re about even. And Stefan certainly doesn’t owe Damon the girl he loved first. Not that Elena belongs to anyone. Again not a trophy. Also I’m sorry but I don’t believe but Damon does not have the deeper connection with Elena than Stefan. She couldn’t even really trust Damon until more recently. Not to mention she and Stefan had an actual relationship. They shared something special and epic, and whatever is going on with Damon doesn’t erase that. Just had to say my peace. And Klaroline? Really? So wrong.

• Allison says:

You know these are characters on a TV show, right? I mean, I loved TVD, I really do…but I get so baffled by fans that write about them as if they are defending actual people. The way the characters act/feel/think is 100% determined by the show’s writers. You can’t determine how a character feels or think very deeply about their motivations, as they are not real people. Julie Plec & Co can write them however they want…”Damon”, “Stefan”, and “Elena” do not have ACTUAL feelings, so you don’t really need to defend the whole “Elena isn’t a trophy thing”…just sayin’.

• Josh says:

What about Klaus and Caroline?

• Michael says:

Klaus and Caroline make much more sense than Delena…there’s the “too soon” point made above which applies MUCH MORE to those two than Damon and Elena.

• Estella says:

Obviously Damon and elena make much more sense then Klaroline sex. Please. DAIR seems more likely then KLAROLINE. KLAROLINE have not even kissed, that’s not a nice romantic step… that’s a “necessity” plus klaus just gave caroline up and burned his pictures in the fire… it seems weird that they would just do it out of nowhere in May. Plus, Delena is a POPULAR TV COUPLE. fans would die. klaroline is not that popular…

• Tanya says:

I think it will be Klaroline, coz of the this line – Well, most of their boosters will be pleased. A few will probably grumble that it’s too soon, and the show is skipping too many beats in the pair’s unrequited love story for their coming together to be truly satisfying.

• Lizzy says:

At first I went to Damon and Elena. But after reading the line about it’s too soon, I thought (and hope!!) it’s Klaus and Caroline. It would make sense since Tyler’s coming back in the spring and he’s gonna be butt hurt on the fact that Klaus is attempting to get with his lady. The only thing that would make me think twice about Klaus and Caroline was him burning her sketches he did at the end of the last episode. I’m guessing that she’s going to have to do something to redeem herself/need him in some way, for them to continue his feelings for her!

• M. says:

I don’t think Klaus and Caroline will be having sex anytime soon.I mean,whats more sexy than the evil guy who kills people that you knew and liked,turns your boyfriend into a vampire and compells him to bite you?

• Em says:

Candice has pretty much assured us that Klaroline won’t be a thing, but I would go TOTAL FANGIRL if they did have sex. If they do, it would be more on an impulse than a relationship thing, so I think it would be more believable than Delena having sex. Tyler doesn’t bother me, but there’s nothing special about him. Caroline could use some bad boy in her life… (Couldn’t we all?)

9. Rachel says:

Castle and Beckett???
    ..although it’s not “too soon”

• Kelsey says:

Some might say it’s “too soon” because Beckett hasn’t revealed to Castle that she heard his “I love you” when she was shot and Castle hasn’t told Beckett that he’s still working on her mother’s case.

• Rachel says:

True, but I’ve wanted them to get together since season 1.

• Kelsey says:

Oh, me too. haha. But I can also see why they would need to wait. By giving in to their attraction before admitting these secrets…it’s like a huge betrayal that could hurt them later on.
          But I still really want them to get together soon.

• Evy says:

That’s actually one of the main reasons I think it could be Castle & Beckett. I’ve been having this feeling that they may finally give in to their feelings for each other, only to discover the secrets they’ve been holding from one another. That would certainly make for some drama and tension and keep their relationship more than interesting… Still hoping it’s them though.

• Esmee says:

For us it’s not too soon,, but I think for Beckett it would totally look like it’s too soon! We know she wants to move forward but it’s not going real fast. So many they mean too soon in the way Beckett sees it. I really think it’s Castle and Beckett, and I really want it to be! OMG… THERE ARE SOOOO MANY CLUES THAT IT’S THEM, I’M FREAKING OUT!!!!

10. asdfghjk says:

OMMMMMGGG CASTLE?

11. trev says:

Dare to Dair?

• Krista says:

That was my guess too.

• tacos22 says:

Actually, I’m pretty sure Dair will be getting it on long before May.

• ade says:

That’s what I thought. DAIR. Castle/beckett makes sense in a way, but I don’t think anyone would think that that would be going to fast.. it’s been 4 years.

• Phoenixnotfelix says:

That’s not really “slow” though, especially when you compare it to Booth/Brennan (six years) unless they slept together after they first met?? I can’t remember those flashbacks :/
          I wouldn’t mind either way whether or not Caskett finally get it on, we all know it IS going to happen :D

• Roxie says:

My first thought was also Dair, but if they do FINALLY get it on, I don’t think it will be too soon or rushed, so it goes against that part of the spoiler. I also hope they hook up before May.

• Ari says:

POPULAR network series. Therefore not on Gossip Girl.

• Charlie says:

Gossip girl returns really April, so it’s not Dan and Blair, because clearly when you watch the latest promo they have already had sex and thats why it wasp bad. But really I never thought Dan would be good at sex mmmm… Maybe there isn’t enough chemistry between the two for it to be good. She should ask chuck for some tips ;)

12. baj24 says:

I’m going with Damon/Elena on TVD.

13. samanthafromitaly says:

hopefully Dan and Blair

14. All-Star says:

Could it be Sheldon and Amy from the Big Bang Theory?

• Jenny says:

I like the idea, but I highly doubt it!

• Templar says:

I hope not since AFF is all about Penny.

• Pash says:

My heart would explode from both a love of the Shamy and from the hilarity of a Shamy physical relationship.

• robinepowell says:

Someone has a really good sense of humor, lol! :p What would Leonard and Amy say? Especially Amy who likes being Sheldon’s girlfriend and has this sort of weird Lesbian crush on Penny. ;)

• H. says:

I love The Shamy, but this literally doesn’t even hit any of the buttons for them… In fact, it’s more likely to be Amy/Penny, than Sheldon/Amy with the whole ‘unrequited love’ part…
      I don’t know what it is about S/A, but I can see them sexually with anyone but each other. Whenever Amy says something sexual towards Sheldon, it’s like she’s saying it to a child because he’s so unknowing… Like Raj said, ‘did that was what they were doing when they were doing it?’ They wouldn’t have the faintest clue. Scientists be damned. Ha.

• Bonnie says:

Oh God! I really LOVE SHAMY and I’m fangirling about them like a crazy person, but I DON’T WANT them to have sex! Not too soon. Please, don’t let it be Sheldon and Amy, please don’t let it be Sheldon and Amy.

• Nicole says:

If it’s Sheldon and Amy, I’ll be a grumbler that says it’s too soon. Don’t get me wrong, I dig the Shamy, I love the Shamy, I don’t want the Shamy to ever end, but I don’t want them having sex, at least not yet.
      I heard someone on another site say it could be Leonard and Penny having sex for the first time in THIS go at the relationship, but that’d be a twist I don’t see happening here, like the next clue being ‘they technically have had sex before’. I think this is gonna be a legit first time, so I’m nixing that idea. Sheldon and Amy are more likely, but I still don’t think it’s them.
      Last May’s blind item about the couple hooking up was from The Big Bang Theory – I don’t think it’d be for the same show again.

15. Stephen says:

Its quite obviously Shawn and Gus from Pysch

16. M. says:

OMG, am I allowed to dream that it’s Castle & Beckett?

17. RachelA says:

It’s Castle and Beckett. Callin it now.

18. Carol says:

I’m sure it’s Dair!

19. Sunny says:

I seriously hope it is not Dan and Blair.

• christen says:

me too :( i have a bad feeling that it might be though :(

• Emily says:

I doubt it will be, since the Canadian Promo shows them looking like they’re gonna have sex on Monday. Not to mention they are no longer unrequited and are already together.

• Ashley says:

Yeah, it’s not Dair. Dair doing it for sweeps? Cmon guys, think about it for a second. Someone having sex is just a normal occurence on GG. And I doubt Dair will be going strong by then anyways, if they aren’t already broken up.

• JJ says:

Exactly. If they’re already “together” in the next ep, no way they will wait until May. How would that be unexpected? Plus GG & DB are definitely not ‘popular’.

• Carla says:

For real. I knew I stopped watching GG for a reason, if this is Dan and Blair, I’d be SO upset.

20. Iz says:

Beckett and Castle ? Thought of them immediately.

21. Kitty says:

Mary Margaret and David in Once Upon A Time?

22. Robert says:

I think it’s Beckett and Castle!!!

23. joecup says:

Jack & real Amanda are my guess

24. Jenner says:

Caskett!!! Please let it be Caskett!

25. Jen says:

Jeff & Annie FTW !!!!

26. Chiara says:

Dan & Blair???

27. Laci says:

Jess and Nick on “New Girl” was the first one that came to mind for me.

• cassey says:

Me too!

• Isabella says:

Me three!

• Melanie Page says:

This makes sense, given the “too soon” clue. Would prefer a couple with more history (go, Team Castle!), but I’ll bet you’re right.

• Ari says:

I would be part of the grumbly groupe if it is them. I don’t think they should hook up ever.

• Ashley says:

I don’t think it’s them. It’s referred to as “unrequited” and that doesn’t describe Nick and Jess. Neither one of them has shown real signs they are into each other yet beyond some mild flirting. Unrequited implies a lot more angst and unreturned or acknowledged feelings.

• Tamim says:

I think Jess and Nick as well, especially since he just broke up and she’s single and has that big box of condoms. Maybe she gives him pity sex or something. Then they have the “we-really-should-not-have-done-that-never-again” to keep them apart for a while. Nothing keeps a couple apart like a meeting that came WAY too early. Beckett and Castle, while I love it, they are NOT too early; they are borderline too late, imho

• Alison D says:

Definitely, everything fits. and “it’s for real, yo” is something Jess would say.

• lara says:

That was my first thought too. Who exactly would be saying too soon for Caskett and Delena? They have both been 3-4 years in the making.

• Rock Golf says:

Only in TV could a straight male and straight female who’ve lived together and seen each other’s differentiating bits having sex after 9 months be “too soon”, while Castle & Becket, who’ve been together for, what?, four years be right.
      Who’s that girl? It’s JESS!

• Audrey says:

Agreed.

• Heather says:

I really hope it’s Nick and Jess. I’ve been waiting for that for a while.

• betsy says:

This was my thought too! I do think it would be too soon. Besides, I like Russell!

• LCT says:

i had to read through about a zillion castle comments before getting to this – and yay for you, FTW! I really hope this is true!

• Ange says:

My first thought as well.

28. Becca says:

Beckett and Castle on Castle? I’d be torn between excitement and thinking they jumped the gun though tbh

29. Oprah says:

Jess and Nick on New Girl?

• Mel says:

That was my first thought too, totally fits the “too soon” since this is the first season but it would be the perfect surprise for sweeps.

30. JJ says:

Avery and Keppner on Greys?

• Beth says:

I totally hope so and they fall into all of those catagories, plus Sloan was trying to get her to do it last episode! Great guess.

• TM says:

Yeah,but I doubt anyone would say that “it’s too soon” since people watching grey’s anatomy are probably used to random couples hooking-up.Also,it is not unrequited,since neither of them has actually shown that they are into the other person.

31. Alan says:

Castle and Beckett, no doubt.

32. richard says:

Castle and Beckett?

33. Caroline says:

Jess and Nick (New Girl) :D

34. Liam says:

Jess and Nick in New Girl?

35. Nina says:

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE, let it be Tiva or Caskett. \\o//

• Analee says:

Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s going to be Tiva. 4th bullet point says something about people considering it to be “too soon,” whereas I’m pretty sure Tiva fans would be saying “it’s about time!”

• H. says:

I think too soon would be a apt. thing, if they were to jump into bed *without* establishing a relationship. Like skipping steps over dating and just going there would be too soon as lovers because they haven’t dated…and stuff.. Idk.

• Analee says:

That’s an excellent point, and one I didn’t think of. However, they’ve been dancing around it for so long that I still don’t think it would be considered “too soon.”

• Paige Bartlett says:

Gotta agree on the Tiva comment…not too soon. But a girl can hope…

• Jess says:

I thought of “too soon” as in “Too soon because everyone thought it wouldn’t happen until last season!”
        …. If they drop the Tiva bomb in May, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised. After 9×12, 9×13 and 9×15 it’s pretty obvious something is going on. Unless the same thing happens like in season 7, in the beginning it was TIVA all over and then suddenly it was pushed into the background like it had never happened. Gah still waiting for a Somalia reference!

• sharpenin'claws says:

Blind eye wasn’t turned to 9*12,13 & 15. maybe (duh) there was alot more to consider than what little thought was obviously placed by yourself.Also, the element of manipulation tends to make a wise person second guess. Having said that, a dog can only be beaten for so long before he bites back. and pit bulls don’t let go. ThereKs no prize to be had, but plenty ofwounds to lick and pride to tend. woof woof.

36. melissa says:

castle!

37. Victoria says:

Castle and Beckett perhaps? Not sure if it is though because I don’t think 4 seasons in is “too soon.”

38. Michael Sacal says:

It’s New Girl.

• Phoenixnotfelix says:

but Nick and Jess aren’t in love, or don’t have any unrequited feelings YET, unless I’m wrong? We’re only up to episode 6 in Melbourne. Have Cece and Schmidt slept together yet??

• Stefanie says:

Oh yes.

• Ashley says:

Yep, that’s exactly why it’s not Jess/Nick. There are no established feelings. Plus, the show creator has already said that Jess/Nick is going to be put on the backburner for a long time. And yes, to the other person, Cece and Shmidt slept together.

• Eliz says:

I think it’s Jess and Nick too. Love’s got nothing to do with it & I do feel it’s too soon, but will lead to some deliciously awkward encounters! Can’t wait!

39. Corinne says:

Its gotta be Castle and Beckett.

• Shawn says:

The YO and the ALWAYS give clues that it could be Caskett. Espo says YO all the time and ALWAYS is Caskett’s code for ILY according to Andrew Marlowe, so it could be them, however, WHO would complain that it’s too soon in the Castle fandom? HaHa! So maybe it’s not Caskett

40. wcm says:

Castle and Beckett

41. lethargic says:

Cee Lo Green and Adam Levine

42. Guilherme says:

Jeff And Annie? Laurie and Travis? At least is a comedy or drama show?

• lacey says:

I don’t think it’s Laurie and Travis from Cougar Town. It’s been said before that until Travis is 21 the writers won’t explore them as a couple. Plus they haven’t shown any unrequited love.

• Ari says:

I read that there was a time jump between last season and this one so Travis is now 21 and THEY ARE GOING THERE. Well, they are at least talking about it! ;)

43. Angie says:

Dan and Blair.

44. amanda says:

castle/beckett

45. Danielle says:

Caskett!!?? It would seriously be about freaking time.

46. ash says:

Beckett and Castle was the first pair I thought of (maybe the only one I’d be happy bout). Could be wrong!

47. Me says:

Please be Dan and Blair!

• gellar says:

oh, man…, gossip girl with 1 million viewers hardly a hit. it’s the least viewed show in cw.

• me says:

First, the clue says it’s a popular series… not a hit. And second, you have to understand that hit/popularity isn’t always about ratings. A post about Gossip Girl here on TVLine gets the same, if not MORE, comments/likes/retweets/pageviews as a show with quadruple its ratings. It’s most definitely a “hit” in the Aushole community.

• mimi says:

It says popular network series. GG isn’t on a popular network, nor has it been popular. It’s not GG. Nor did the promo suggest it.

• Me says:

What promo? And “popular network series” as opposed to “popular cable series” to differentiate what kind of network it would be on. You’re getting it mixed up.

• Marie says:

@Me
            It’s not Dair because Dair doesn’t fit the clues regardless of whether you consider GG popular or not. Dair isn’t unrequited any longer, and the clues imply this pair is NOT a couple with the “too soon” and skipping steps. GG has people sleeip together within a couple episodes and it’s not somehting worthy of sweeps, which is also too far away.

• uh…CW is one of the top networks. and it is still a popular series, just not as popular as it used to be. but that’s not why it’s probably not GG. Dair has already been confirmed to do it and they’re not unrequitted. so it doesn’t match the criteria

48. Wishful Thinking says:

Castle. That is all.

49. Courtney says:

Castle/Beckett? Please?

50. pollyanna says:

Damon and Elena

• Kayla says:

i Really hope its delena, that would make my heart explode but i don’t know if i actually think it is them i just rlly want it to be them :P

• teya says:

My thoughts exactly, wishful thinking!
        But I mean, I guess they would fit the skipped step part (Elena has yet to even awknoledge romantic feeling’s…though it IS kinda obvious). I’m getting my hopes up over the fact that very few other couples being mentioned (at least the ones I’ve heard of) fit the “unrequited love” part. My first instict was Castle&Beckett, but I’d hardly say their love was “unrequited” at this point, that and they are DEFINATELY not “too soon”