Pilot Scoop: Lost Alumna Emilie de Ravin Joins ABC Drama Americana

Lost vet Emilie de Ravin is leaving the island behind for a co-starring role on the ABC drama pilot Americana.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

The sudser centers on Robert Soulter, an iconic designer (played by the previously cast Anthony LaPaglia) whose family and fashion empire is turned upside down by the arrival of a new, young clothes-minded visionary. Per Deadline, De Ravin will portray Francesca, Robert’s chic and powerful daughter and the company’s Head of Events.

Revenge scribe Michael Seitzman wrote the pilot.

De Ravin, meanwhile, currently recurs on ABC’s fantasy hit Once Upon a Time as fairy tale fave Belle.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots

1. jasie says:

This is great news. Hope it works out. I have always liked her.

2. Lauren K says:

NOOOOOO!! I wanted her to be a regular on Once! Argh!

3. Kellie says:

nice to see two Aussies staring in a show together in the US

4. Josh says:

Yay for her and all but yeah I wanted her to become a Once regular…BUt whatever is best for her career cause she’s awesome!

5. Jeff Gardner says:

I’m really excited to hear about this. Mostly because it means that the new Belle is in the ABC family and the network will accommodate her need to be on OUAT.

6. YowzaPowza says:

Revenge scribe? I’m in.

7. ADC says:

I personally didn’t think she was a good fit for Belle (Belle should not be Australian). Anyways, this pilot sounds interesting.

• John says:

Quick question, Why should Belle not be Australian? If this has to do with the fact of where the stories originate from, then all of the characters should be talking foriegn or at least with European accents. As you will find that nearly all of the fairy tales were created nd first written there.
      Side note,
      I found her perfomance of Belle rather endearing.

8. robinepowell says:

She won’t be doing too much more of the recurring on Once Upon a Time, if she’s got a new TV show.

9. Tee says:

Hope this doesn’t get in the way of her occasionally popping up on Once! Otherwise good for her.

10. Cameron says:

I actually dislike her as Belle! She just comes off as way too stupid and spineless to be anything like the character from the movie! (Though to be fair that was probably just the script’s fault!)

11. CATERINA says:

I don’t like her as Belle too but she was cool during epic Lost’s day and she seems like a good girl. GOOD LUCK for her new BIG role *.*

12. Julie from France says:

I miss lost, I’m happy we will see her in full capacity again.

13. Kekka says:

good for her

14. FayLin says:

Yay! I am so happy for her! Even though I was very disappointed with her as Belle, she was just so horribly miscast.

15. susan says:

I’m happy for Emilie, this sounds like a good role for her. And the revenge scribe having written the pilot makes the show sound even more appealing.

16. Rachel says:

so, now that we’re working on getting a lot of the LOST cast back on TV (Jorge Garcia, Daniel Dae Kim, Terry O’Quinn, Michael Emersen, Emilie de Ravin, etc)….can we get Josh Holloway back on TV please?

• quangtran says:

I don’t see Josh going back to TV anytime soon. After Lost finished he said he’ll give himself a few years to break into movies.
      As for this show, it seems like ABC is trying too hard to replicate the success of Revenge, with the same director (Phillip Noyce) and one of the writers. I’m not interested in a nighttime Bold and the Beautiful, so I’m going to give this a miss.

• rachel says:

1. I forgot Henry Ian Cusick. 2. A girl can dream. 3. If I can’t get Josh Holloway, I’ll take Naveen Andrews. Either one works…though, in a perfect world, I’d take both. :)

17. Darcy says:

This show sounds pretty good. Sounds like a good show to accompany Revenge. Glad ABC is getting back into soaps.

18. Patti says:

I hope since it’s abc show this won’t mess up her continuing to appear on Once Upon a Time and if the show doesn’t work out Once should make her a regular. She is wonderful as Belle and Belle/Rumpel is so epic. they should not end ever

19. Kelly says:

Great actress. She was awesome as Belle. I don’t want her to leave Once Upon a Time. She rocked the Belle and Rumpelstiltskin episode.

20. John says:

ABC should move Revenge to another day of the week next fall and do a Devious Maids + Americana + Revenge block! I’d definitely watch that.

21. Drea says:

I’ll be devastated if she can no longer reoccur as Belle, in OUAT. I didn’t think she’d be a good Belle, but she won me over with her kind heartedness. Rumplestiltskin needs Belle. De Ravin has great chemistry with Carlyle.