First Look: Vampire Diaries Flashes Back to 1912 With Damon, Stefan and Cassidy Freeman

The Vampire Diaries is delivering one of its quintessential flashback episodes on March 15 (The CW, 8/7c), and we’ve got a sneak peek at the time-trippy, circa 1912 hour featuring a very tough guest turn from Cassidy Freeman.

Vampire Diaries Boss Previews Cassidy Freeman’s ‘Ballsy’ Role, Plus 3 More Scooplets!

The Smallville alumna’s beautiful vampire, Sage — who also happens to be a boxer —  will reveal how Damon came to be the bad boy vampire we know and love today. But she’s not the only new face we’ll be meeting. The sure-to-be juicy episode — co-penned by executive producer Julie Plec — will also introduce newcomer Lindsey R. Garrett as Elena’s distant relative and Mystic Falls founding family member Samantha Gilbert.
Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts on the new gals (and the return of Damon’s bowler hat!).

1. Khorrie says:

Cassidy Freeman is perfection. I’ve never been so excited for an episode of a show I don’t watch.

2. Hazel says:

“introducing…a founding family member Samantha Gilbert” ugh do we really need this… Cant this show focus on the characters they do have instead of cheap gimmicks like this. Also not a big fan of this Sage character she just needs to leave please; plus her hair piece looks super bad – I mean c’mon really that’s the best you could do.

• Ari says:

I really like when they do flashback episodes. It gives so much depth to their vampire characters. I don’t know why people complain about getting more focus on the characters they already have. Do you really want more Elena in your life? I don’t.

• Josh says:

Right who wants a strong female character? BLERGH! Those are disgusting. Give me the murderous, abusive, psycho vampires..They’re hawt!

• Dash says:

I don’t think Elena is a strong female character. I think people want her to be (I want her to be). She’s not though. She’s strong willed but she’s not smart or considerate. She’s self involved and incredibly controlling. She wants things her way or the highway and there is no arguing or she threatens to essentially get herself killed. I swear threatening to either kill herself or let someone kill her is like her only plan of action. She’s a very frustrating character because she isn’t really developing into anything. She takes steps toward becoming a better character and then pretty much falls right back to where she started in a week or two. Plus pretty much her entire life revolves around Stefan and that is sickening. She blathers on and on about how she wants to grow up and grow old and have kids and yadda yadda but she’s so bent on having Stefan who can’t give her those things. She’s such a frivolous character.

• ANC says:

I honestly don’t understand your comment. These flashback episodes have been an integral part of TVD since season 1. Actually of late they have gone away from it a bit and I have missed it. I think its a stretch to call it a gimmick since it is a plot device that has been used since day one. Also in the past we have seen these characters introduced and every single last one of them have had a major impact on the story. I don’t see how you can not be a ‘fan’ of a character that you have yet to experience. Just sit back, relax and watch the show and if after you watch the episode and you decide that it sucks then it sucks but your comment just seems way off like you just started watching the show a season ago. Also you ask for them to focus on the characters they do have well here you go a story line centered around Damon specifically which we have yet to explore is his back story.

• Meg says:

So you are “not a big fan of this Sage character” even though she has not yet appeared in a single episode? Because that makes sense.

3. shawny7726 says:

Don’t be hater! Sage is stephan’s moral vamp. I would like to see a love triage between klus, caroline and sage.

4. Danielle H says:

LOVE the flashback eppys.. it’s been way too long since we’ve had one. The brothers have been alive a long time; it’s awesome to learn more about their pasts.

5. TheBeach says:

No matter what era he’s in, Damon is the most gorgeous man on television.

6. Sam says:

They planned on a Damon-Kol backstory but scrapped it! Sucks!

7. Josh says:

SO we’re going to learn how Damon became an abusive a-hole? YAY! I wonder if he learned to be a rapist from here too…Aww Andie/Damon, such a nice love story…

8. I’m looking forward to this one! I love the flashback stories that tell us more about Stefan and Damon’s pasts.

9. Katherine says:

Why is there no new episodes for the next three weeks?

10. shaun says:

She’s a boxer?That’s anachronistic!!Unless that’s a vampire fight club type thing.

11. Hello there, You’ve performed a great job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I’m sure they will be benefited from this site.