Pilot Scoop: Abby Elliott Eyes SNL Exit, Joins Fox Comedy Ben Fox Is My Manny

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Abby Elliott Ben Fox is My MannyAbby Elliott‘s days at Saturday Night Live may be numbered.

Elliott has been cast in the single-camera Fox comedy pilot Ben Fox Is My Manny, which centers on an uptight single mother (Elliott) whose aimless brother moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones).

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

If the project gets picked up to series, Elliott —  best known for her impersonations of Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Angelina Jolie —will be forced to leave SNL at season’s end.

News of Elliott’s Manny gig was first reported by Deadline.

Comments (21)

• Fingers crossed the show gets picked up… so she can leave SNL. Never found her funny, and then moved to hating her when I found out it was because of her Will Forte left.

Comment by Amy – February 23, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What? How is she responsible for Will Forte leaving? Can you back that up, or are you just spreading false rumors?
      I’m looking forward to her leaving SNL because they don’t use her enough. She needs to do something where she can really show what she can do.

Comment by TV Gord – February 23, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • False rumors…someone’s a hater :-p

Comment by Josh – February 23, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ..although I DID hear she was responsible for Belushi ODing!

Comment by TV Gord – February 23, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That bitch! lol. I love her on SNL and I hope this show gets picked up.

Comment by Lindsay – February 23, 2012 05:36 PM PDT
          • I heard she was seen on the grassy knoll with a rifle when Kennedy was shot. AND rumor has it she kidnapped the Lindburgh baby after she single-handedly caused the stock market to crash in 1929. The crash in 2008 was just her being nostalgic.

Comment by Rowan – February 23, 2012 10:56 PM PDT
    • Yes, Abbey Elliott and Will Forte were always up for the same roles on SNL and Abbey always got the roles driving Will off the show! ;-)

Comment by maggie – February 23, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOO, she is great on the SHOW…and hot!

Comment by Alex – February 23, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awwwww nawww! She’s hot yes!

Comment by Kyle – February 23, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is disappointing.

Comment by Justin – February 23, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Been waiting for her to leave for awhile, she is easily the least funny member of the current cast. Maybe sitcoms are more her thing though.

Comment by Kay – February 23, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great this just means more talent that peaks at SNL and wont get solid bookings ever to stay… Wiig and Armisen are prime examples of what is wrong with SNL, and I bet Elliot would be a lot funnier if Wiig would stop hogging the spotlight and starring in every single sketch under the sun.

Comment by josh – February 23, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, i totaly agree with you. Wiig is used way to much and she shouldnt be because there are 3 other women cast members who, when given the chance to actually perform, are quite funny. Oh I also think SNL should really think about doing more skits that center on Abby elliot, bobby moynihan, nasim pedrad, jay pharoah, and taran killam.

Comment by eddie – February 23, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All this warrants is a shoulder shrug. I don’t hate her on SNL, but it’s time to make room for actual comedy stars like Nasim and Vanessa. I think sitcom television is Abby’s best bet anyway.

Comment by Sam – February 23, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not gonna miss her, to be honest.. I’m sure she’s funny, just not in SNL. I hope she’ll do well with her new show!

Comment by Angelica – February 23, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate to see her leave SNL if the pilot gets pick up as a series during the upfronts in May but Abby Elliott will always be one of my faves in the sketch series and one of the “sexiest” funny ladies I’ve seen in the last decade.

Comment by kevin – February 23, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just can’t see her as sexy, because I remember her as a baby on Late Night with David Letterman. I hate being 50.

Comment by TV Gord – February 23, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abbey is talented and beautiful. She’ll do well on a sitcom. SNL doesn’t give her enough to do, so it’s probably time for her to move on.

Comment by maggie – February 23, 2012 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jeez, yet another example of how ungrateful young “actors” with famous relatives are. How many young comedians will spend years and years trying to get on SNL who are way more talented, and won’t have as easy a shot? She must think everything’s easy and she can do whatever she wants. People like her drive me up the wall. (and don’t forget she broke up Fred and Lizzy Moss)

Comment by ems – February 23, 2012 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um. She’s been on SNL for four seasons. How is she being ungrateful? They don’t use her enough anyway. She should do whatever showcases her talent more.

Comment by Fabe – February 26, 2012 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maggie Jones, the little girl from We Bought A Zoo? She’s adorable!!

Comment by Leah – February 24, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post