Pilot Scoop: Abby Elliott Eyes SNL Exit, Joins Fox Comedy Ben Fox Is My Manny

Abby Elliott Ben Fox is My MannyAbby Elliott‘s days at Saturday Night Live may be numbered.

Elliott has been cast in the single-camera Fox comedy pilot Ben Fox Is My Manny, which centers on an uptight single mother (Elliott) whose aimless brother moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones).

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

If the project gets picked up to series, Elliott —  best known for her impersonations of Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Angelina Jolie —will be forced to leave SNL at season’s end.

News of Elliott’s Manny gig was first reported by Deadline.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots

1. Amy says:

Fingers crossed the show gets picked up… so she can leave SNL. Never found her funny, and then moved to hating her when I found out it was because of her Will Forte left.

• TV Gord says:

What? How is she responsible for Will Forte leaving? Can you back that up, or are you just spreading false rumors?
      I’m looking forward to her leaving SNL because they don’t use her enough. She needs to do something where she can really show what she can do.

• maggie says:

Yes, Abbey Elliott and Will Forte were always up for the same roles on SNL and Abbey always got the roles driving Will off the show! ;-)

2. Alex says:

NOOOOOOOOOO, she is great on the SHOW…and hot!

3. Kyle says:

Awwwww nawww! She’s hot yes!

4. Justin says:

This is disappointing.

5. Kay says:

Been waiting for her to leave for awhile, she is easily the least funny member of the current cast. Maybe sitcoms are more her thing though.

6. josh says:

great this just means more talent that peaks at SNL and wont get solid bookings ever to stay… Wiig and Armisen are prime examples of what is wrong with SNL, and I bet Elliot would be a lot funnier if Wiig would stop hogging the spotlight and starring in every single sketch under the sun.

• eddie says:

Yes, i totaly agree with you. Wiig is used way to much and she shouldnt be because there are 3 other women cast members who, when given the chance to actually perform, are quite funny. Oh I also think SNL should really think about doing more skits that center on Abby elliot, bobby moynihan, nasim pedrad, jay pharoah, and taran killam.

7. Sam says:

All this warrants is a shoulder shrug. I don’t hate her on SNL, but it’s time to make room for actual comedy stars like Nasim and Vanessa. I think sitcom television is Abby’s best bet anyway.

8. Angelica says:

I’m not gonna miss her, to be honest.. I’m sure she’s funny, just not in SNL. I hope she’ll do well with her new show!

9. kevin says:

Hate to see her leave SNL if the pilot gets pick up as a series during the upfronts in May but Abby Elliott will always be one of my faves in the sketch series and one of the “sexiest” funny ladies I’ve seen in the last decade.

10. maggie says:

Abbey is talented and beautiful. She’ll do well on a sitcom. SNL doesn’t give her enough to do, so it’s probably time for her to move on.

11. ems says:

Jeez, yet another example of how ungrateful young “actors” with famous relatives are. How many young comedians will spend years and years trying to get on SNL who are way more talented, and won’t have as easy a shot? She must think everything’s easy and she can do whatever she wants. People like her drive me up the wall. (and don’t forget she broke up Fred and Lizzy Moss)

• Fabe says:

Um. She’s been on SNL for four seasons. How is she being ungrateful? They don’t use her enough anyway. She should do whatever showcases her talent more.

12. Leah says:

Maggie Jones, the little girl from We Bought A Zoo? She’s adorable!!