Psych Scoop: Mid-Season Premiere Super-Sized, Shawn and Gus Launch Album Cover Blitz

Get More: Exclusive, First Look

There will be a bit more to love about Psych‘s mid-season premiere — seven minutes more, to be exact.

Meaning, the show’s Feb. 29 Leap Day return will run a robust 67 minutes, a rep for USA Network confirms to TVLine.

What’s more, starting today the cabler will launch (via Video on Demand) a “Psych Preview Event” featuring a sneak peek at the Season 6.5 opener as well as bonus interviews with series leads James Roday and Dulé Hill.

But wait, there’s even more! On premiere night, USA will roll out via the show’s official website a series of customizable, sharable and insanely silly “Moving Album Covers” featuring Shawn and Gus channeling classic ’80s music archetypes.

Scroll down for an exclusive first look at one such cover.

Comments (35)

• Psych has been gone for so long that I had forgotten that it existed.

Comment by Castle Lover – February 22, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It has only been off since the middle of December. That’s probably one of the shortest breaks they’ve taken.

Comment by Kate – February 22, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously? A two and a half month hiatus is extremely short for a USA show. Most shows take a longer break over the summer. Attention span of a goldfish, apparently.

Comment by Kayla – February 22, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, but it’s not summer. And it’s a fact that they have been gone way longer than most shows.
        Being a fan doesn’t mean that you have to like everything they do, you know.

Comment by Castle Lover – February 22, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Season six ended over ten months ago, not last December

Comment by Alicia – February 26, 2013 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oops. Just noticed this thread was from 2012. So…. Never mind then

Comment by Alicia – February 26, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank TV Jeesus for this! I have been without Psych for far too long. Funniest show on cable IMO.

Comment by mst3k – February 22, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I freaking love Psych! Can’t wait!!

Comment by Nikki – February 22, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate that more people don’t know about or love this show. It’s unbelievably awesome and totally re-watchable. I don’t want to even know how many times I’ve seen each episode.

Comment by Kayla – February 22, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I Know Right it comes on every saturday from 6 to 3 in the morning on ION

Comment by Katelin – September 17, 2012 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you have on demand… its worth it… BEST PSYCH EVER!!!

Comment by Jon – February 22, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Words cannot express how much I love these guys.

Comment by aleksa – February 22, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was going to say the exact same thing! :)

Comment by Carrie Ann – February 22, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited for this amazing show to be back! I can’t wait for the 29th! I wish I had on demand so I could watch it now.

Comment by Jenny – February 22, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Suck it” “You suck it”
    *together in harmony* “Suck iiiiitt”

Comment by Bruce Wayne – February 22, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait!! I miss these 2 crazy guys so much. Love the album cover!

Comment by Lorie – February 22, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the picture of them and can’t wait for the new eppies to start.

Comment by Barb – February 22, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, love, love this show! It only gets better with time!

Comment by Kat – February 22, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I looked at my On Demand, and sure enough there is 46 minutes of delicious flavor (and Cary Elwes’ Desperaux (sp?) waiting for me! I will definitely check out the USA site on premiere night, because the album cover above is hilarious!

Comment by Winnie – February 22, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is one of my favorites.
    I have SO much love for Shawn & Gus!

Comment by Eliza – February 22, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t find the new ep on my On Demand, but that cover is possibly one of the most fabulous things to ever exist. Just another reason I love this show!

Comment by Tiffany – February 22, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show! I’m so happy it’s coming back.

Comment by ME – February 22, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • feels like it never left

Comment by Michael – February 22, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Shawn, you so crazy, I wanna have yo baby.

Comment by Amber – February 22, 2012 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spent a few minutes looking for a pineapple on the album cover. Now I just feel embarrassed. So glad they’re back!

Comment by Templar – February 22, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loooooove Psych! Why does this show keep getting overlooked by Emmy voters? Some of the funniest lines on television. Even Director John Landis brings it up in his interviews how good it is and how cheaply they have to make it. Come on USA! Put some money into this show and get some more eyeballs in your AWESOME series! Maybe someday they can actually film in California instead of pretending that all those rainy Vancouver backgrounds are actually supposed to be Santa Barbara.

Comment by lisa08 – February 23, 2012 03:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That picture makes me LOLz. :)

Comment by Pam – February 23, 2012 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show! So glad it will be back soon. Pure fun and escapism. Love all the pop culture references!!

Comment by Laura – February 23, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the 80s love this show has, and the silly snark is just the sugar on top.
    The Simply Red “Don’t You Forget About Me” music video parody they did was gold, and the parody of the Miami Vice opening sequence had me smiling a Cheshire Cat grin for a week… combining Miami Vice and Psych? Brilliant!

Comment by Summer – February 23, 2012 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA!!!!! Also the Ebony and Ivory they did was hysterical as well. I love this show!!!!

Comment by Michelle – February 23, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ebony and Ivory was the cake for me!!! I am so glad I am not the only that loves this show. Reading the comments made me smile. The one-liners are golden.
        I truly believe you have to catch this from the very beginning to even understand what Psych is about.

Comment by Selethia – February 29, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s On Demand already

Comment by jojaboi77 – February 24, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s On Demand already, i love this freakin show!!

Comment by jojaboi77 – February 24, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The mid-season premiere’s On Demand already, i love this freakin show!!

Comment by jojaboi77 – February 24, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The mid-season breaks have always been shorter than the breaks between seasons…. I am sooooo glad it got picked up for a 7th Season that will probably start in the fall sometime after the break from the continuation of season 6…. I <3 Psych!!

Comment by Shelley – February 26, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post