Exclusive: Oz Alum Lee Tergesen Joins ABC's Penoza Crime Drama Pilot

Onetime Oz inmate Lee Tergesen is eying a return to a life of crime, with a role on the ABC drama pilot Penoza, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Based on a Dutch series, Penoza centers on the (yet-to-be-cast) widow of an assassinated criminal who is forced to adopt her husband’s role in a crime syndicate in order to protect her family.

Though no details were immediately available on Tergesen’s role of Steven, in the Dutch serial that character was a foot soldier for a drug runner named Irwan.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

Since exiting Oz, Tergesen has filled myriad TV roles, including runs on Wanted, Desperate Housewives, Generation Kill, Life on Mars and Army Wives. Next Tuesday, he begins an arc on ABC’s The River as the MIA father of Eloise Mumford’s character.

On the big screen, Tergesen recently appeared in the George Lucas-produced WWII action drama Red Tails.

Comments (9)

• Love Lee. He is very talented. It’s so great to see him so busy recently.

Comment by Shauna – February 22, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to be sorry for him while watching OZ. I will never forget his butt-scar.

Comment by GGMustDie – February 22, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE Lee! So glad I don’t have to watch Army Wives anymore to get my Beecher fix.

Comment by Amanda – February 22, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG it’s Todd Watski! :)

Comment by abc123 – February 22, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saw the dutch series, it was awesome. Theyve got some great shows over there. The voice is also originally dutch. And so is big brother

Comment by luke – February 22, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my God, I love Lee so much and I have been waiting so long for him to get a regular role in a show. this makes me very happy

Comment by Elena – February 22, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll always remember him as Chet from Weird Science! Love him though. And excited he is going to be on the River!

Comment by Hannah – February 22, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love me some Lee!!!

Comment by lipsticksocialism – February 23, 2012 12:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love lee…so sexy and talented!!#

Comment by beck – March 4, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post