Exclusive

Exclusive: USA's Fairly Legal Serves Up a Savory Helping of Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf will be on the menu when USA Network’s Fairly Legal serves up its sophomore run this spring, TVLine has learned.

The rocker-slash-actor, born Marvin Lee Aday, will guest-star in Episode 9 as Charlie DeKay, an old-school, blue-collar transportation union boss with a dirty mouth who wields an iron fist as he threatens to bring San Francisco to a halt in order to protect his workers. Enter Sarah Shahi’s Kate Reed, as your preternaturally telegenic mediator.

Meat Loaf’s previous TV credits include Celebrity ApprenticeMonk, House and a wink-wink cameo during Glee’s Rocky Horror Picture Show homage.

TVLine’s Calendar of February Premieres and Finales, Plus Key March Dates!

Fairly Legal premieres its Season 2 on Friday, March 16, at 9/8c (where it will lead into the final season of In Plain Sight). Other announced guest stars include Desperate Housewives vet Mark Moses and FlashForward alum Barry Shabaka Henley, while Aussie hunk Ryan Johnson is on board as a new series regular, playing a sharp, up-and-coming trial attorney/potential romantic interest for Kate.

Meanwhile, your “Paradise By The Dashboard Light” earworm arrives in 3…2…1….

1. Leah says:

Do you know what changes they made for the second season? I remember reading they had to agree to changes for renewal, or something like that. I hope the ex husband is gone.

• Kate says:

I’m hoping he’s still there! Michael Trucco is awesome. I really enjoyed the show, so I’m hoping they didn’t change it too much.

• Amanda B. says:

I hope they tone down the pace of the show. It was a lot of frantic running, which wasn’t very entertaining. And the clothing….they all looked very skimpy to me.

2. Aw, shoot says:

I’d rather see fat Richard Dean Anderson than fat Meat Loaf.

3. Candice says:

I agree, I love Michael’s character! I love him with Kate and hope the stay together. I’m realty pulling for this show to make it!

4. sue says:

It’s Sarah Shahi. You might want to correct the spelling.

5. kirads09 says:

I don’t normally watch the show. But I will watch the episode with Meat Loaf. I really like the quirkyness, intensity and passion he puts into everything he does.

6. Kim says:

I actually really liked this show. I liked how Kate had this funny “Wizard of Oz” thing in the pilot and that kinda’ went away… One thing I didn’t understand was how Sara Shahi and Ethan Embry were supposed to be siblings.

• Doug-H says:

The Wizard of Oz music/sounds were her cell phone ring tones for different people in her life… They made a big thing of the gag in the first episode or so and less so later on… but it was still there..

7. Brad C says:

Matt,
    A small correction. Meat Loaf worked in New York as an actor for 10 years before Bat out of Hell came out. He was in the Broadway shows, Hair, Rocky Horror, plus 2 others also Did Shakespeare and several other plays and Musicals and films. So it should read Actor/Rocker.
    As far as what Aw shoot wrote ,the word “FAT” was not needed, you are a bigot.
    BC

8. Brad C says:

Matt,
    A small correction. Meat Loaf worked in New York as an actor for 10 years before “Bat out of Hell” came out. He was in the Broadway shows, Hair, Rocky Horror, plus 2 others . Did Shakespeare and several other plays and Musicals and films. So, it should read Actor/Rocker.
    As far as what Aw shoot wrote ,the word “FAT” was not needed, you are a bigot.
    BC

9. ML says:

i cant wait to see Meatloaf!!!