Good news for fans of
Tyra’s Next Top Crop of Pretty, Emotionally Fragile Playthings America’s Next Top Model. The CW has renewed the Tyra Banks-fronted reality competition for a 19th season, but with a twist: The show’s next cycle, which will air in fall 2012, will be its inaugural “college edition,” which means that casting will take place on campuses across the country, according to a CW rep.
We’re not 100-percent sure right now what else the college theme will entail, but we’ve got a few guesses:
• Tyra Mail will no longer be written in crayon.
• Miss Jay’s runway lessons won’t literally have to begin with the instructions “place one foot in front of the other.”
• Tyra’s use of French “words” and “accents” will increase tenfold.
• Tyra and her fellow judges will remind us at least four times per episode that it takes brains and beauty to succeed in modeling.
• Shelves of the Top Model house will contain books as well as shiny objects.
Are you smizing over the news that Top Model will continue to bring its patented brand of fierceness to The CW schedule? What do you think of the college theme? Sound off below!