The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching Wednesday

On TV this Wednesday: American Idol begins naming its Top 24, the Happy Endings gang celebrates an unconventional Groundhog Day, Royal Pains reels from a loss and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features, here are 11 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm American Idol (Fox) | The singers have one last time to impress the judges, as the selection for the Top 24 begins tonight. (Check out Michael Slezak’s latest recap and the most recent episode of Idology.)

8 pm Survivor: One World (CBS) | Castaways jump off the deep end in an Immunity Challenge that requires a delicate balance; a group of misfits band together, finding an unlikely leader.

8:30 pm Suburgatory (ABC) | When Jill turns to the newly-single Dallas for inspiration and support, her marriage with Noah gets rocky; Dallas begins spending a lot of time with her hot younger boyfriend (guest star Wilmer Valderrama), causing tension with George.

Exclusive One Tree Hill Video: Watch Chad Michael Murray’s Reunion With [Spoiler]!
One Tree Hill Hot Shots: Chad Michael Murray Returns Tonight!

9 pm Criminal Minds (CBS) | The BAU team investigates a series of brutal home invasions and murders that are seemingly gang-related, but their investigation uncovers a more sinister motive. One Tree Hill‘s Paul Johansson guest-stars.

9:30 pm Happy Endings (ABC) | Instead of a groundhog, the friends wait for Brad and Jane’s “spring smackdown” — aka their yearly blowout of a domestic squabble — to let them know when winter will end/Max will come out of hibernation.

10 pm Royal Pains (USA Network) | Season finale: Hank struggles to cope with Jack’s death, distracting himself by treating three brothers who made a daring home movie à la Jackass. Molly Sims (Las Vegas) guest-stars.

10 pm CSI (CBS) | When a house is stolen completely off its foundation, the CSIs are on the case in search of answers. Hmm, does the old man from Up! have an alibi…?

10 pm 20/20: Before They Were Famous (ABC) | In this Oscars-themed edition, Robin Roberts highlights the early lives and careers of this year’s nominees, including The Descendants‘ George Clooney, Albert Nobbs‘ Glenn Close, The Help‘s Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer, and The Artist‘s Jean du Jardin.

10 pm Law & Order: SVU (NBC) | When Benson’s romantic weekend with Haden is interrupted by news that an underage prostitute has gone missing, the line between their personal and professional lives starts to blur.

10 pm Top Chef: Texas (Bravo) The final three cheftestants battle it out in the frigid cold of Vancouver with a fire-and-ice theme. Unfortunately Victoria Grayson will not be a guest judge.

10 pm Face Off (Syfy) | Star Trek: The Next Generation‘s LeVar Burton guests as the contestants compete to create extraordinary extraterrestrials.

Comments (25)

• Modern Family & Happy Endings. :)

Comment by kevin – February 22, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watch Whitney with 10 of my work friends. We play game night and seriously laugh our butts off at Whitney. We love Whitney, Lily and Roxanne and the weird cop dude. I think his name is Mark…anyhow….Whitney gets me through hump day and helps all of my friends see the crazy in all of us. Here’s a quote from Alex to Whitney “why don’t you roll your eyes back in your head to look at the crazy”? Now that’s a funny line. I need to use that on my boss.
      There’s other really great shows on Wednesday night but this one makes me so happy.
      xoxo

Comment by pennylane – February 22, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need my Revenge but I can wait. It’s worth it. One Tree Hill. Modern Family and Happy Endings it is for me tonight

Comment by Fernando – February 22, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal Minds
    I have yet to watch Law and Order SVU since the season started and there does seem to be some cool stuff happing but I just can’t watch it anymore

Comment by Michael – February 22, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One Tree Hill is a must watch tonight! I can’t wait for Lucas’ return tonight. I’ll also watch Modern Family and Happy Endings and DVR The Middle and Suburgatory.

Comment by Liz – February 22, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whitney, Modern Family and Royal Pains.

Comment by Bella – February 22, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. i love love love Whitney. I think I’ll take your suggestions and tivo Royal Pains. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment by pennylane – February 22, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s finally time to watch Idol now that we’re going to see the top 24. No point in getting invested in singers who don’t make the cut.

Comment by Templar – February 22, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle
    Modern Family
    Ghost Hunters International
    Royal Pains

Comment by Velvet – February 22, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Prob Whitney and Chelsea..if I miss them I miss them.
    Definitely watching criminal minds tho..

Comment by l – February 22, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought I remember on last week’s episode this isn’t the season finale because 1 more person’s going to be eliminated tonight??

Comment by Amanda – February 22, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One Tree Hill, Criminal Minds & Republic Of Doyle. ;)

Comment by Vannesa – February 22, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I deserve to win the Royal Pains prize for the following reasons:I have watched Royal Pains from the 1st episode.I have seen Hank cecoming a better doctor, I have seen Evan grow from an irresponsible playboy to a grown man who is planning to get married,I have seen Divya grow from a rich spoiled Indian daughter with an arranged marriage to a grown woman with no marriage and a mountain of debt.But mostly because I have seen Han try his best to save a friend with Lupus ,and despite his best efforts, lose Jack.I too have Lupus Nephritis so I could really relate to the entire season.Thanks for your consideration. Cathy Ojalvo

Comment by Cathy O. – February 22, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Wednesday nights. We love going out to dinner and a movie because we know all of the stupid people are home watching CBS procedurals.

Comment by Paula – February 22, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, this is one smart person who will be home watching Criminal Minds, the best procedural on tv and one of the best shows on television. So, I guess it really sucks to be you.

Comment by Justin – February 22, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wednesday night is a pretty good night.
    Survivor
    Modern Family
    Happy Endings
    Criminal Minds
    CSI

Comment by G – February 22, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guilty pleasure is Face Off…I must get a East Coast feed as I see it at 7:00. :-)

Comment by TinCan – February 22, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle
    Modern Family
    CSI

Comment by jess – February 22, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Top Chef
    Modern Family
    Happy Endings

Comment by jenna – February 22, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly when I saw Victoria Greyson’s name in Top Chef, for the first time this whole season I was excited to watch it. Then I read the whole blurb and was sad. For a moment I thought this season of Top Chef would actually have a memorable personality(or one at all)…

Comment by Josh – February 22, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch Whitney with 10 of my work friends. We play game night and seriously laugh our butts off at Whitney. We love Roxanne and Lily and the weird cop dude. I think his name is Mark…anyhow….Whitney gets me through hump day and helps all of my friends see the crazy in all of us….just like Whitney. I think Alex said to WHitney “why don’t you roll your eyes back in your head to look at the crazy”? Now that’s a funny line. I need to use that on my boss.
    xoxo

Comment by pennylane – February 22, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching Criminal Minds, Royal Pains, Modern Family, and Happy Endings tonight. No more CSI for me.

Comment by Justin – February 22, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll DVR or watch
    * Saburgatory
    * Modern Family
    * Idol (don’t tell my kids)
    * More girls behaving badly (Top Chef)

Comment by ladyhelix – February 22, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be watching Survivor(watched every season all episodes)can’t stop now!
    Criminal Minds is one of the best shows on tv,love the character interaction.
    CSI,also have seen every episode! great show,like the new characters.
    Love Revenge,and Top Chef also!
    So many shows not enough time:)

Comment by Bon – February 22, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Royal Pains. Who in God’s name cast those two brothers? They don’t resemble each other a bit, and they are two dorks. Couldn’t they have cast someone easier to look at? And the acting is so corny. The only good thing about this show is the Hamptons’ beauty. GIVE ME MY. “Revenge,”. Now that’s acting, and s marvelous plot!!

Comment by Joanie – February 24, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post