Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Community, Gossip Girl, Good Wife, Bones, Fringe and More!

Get More: Spoilers

Spoilers Glee Community Gossip GirlGot a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: During a heated confrontation between Blake and Kalinda on The Good Wife last season, Blake revealed that he had contacted Kalinda’s husband. Since then, nothing has been said about it. I haven’t forgotten about that but have the Kings? —Margaret
Ausiello: Robert and Michelle intended to introduce Kalinda’s MIA other half this spring, but Archie Panjabi tells us those plans have been delayed. “I think that’s going to happen next season now,” she reveals. “Because it was difficult to cast somebody during pilot season. They’re definitely looking at a very interesting storyline for next season with Kalinda and her husband.” Her dream casting pick? “I just saw Jack Davenport, and I think he’d be really good,” she says of the Smash star. “But I know they’re looking at all sorts of options.”

Question: There is a nasty rumor that Quinn is going to bite the bullet on Glee. Confirm or deny? —Addy
Ausiello: Considering that there are already photos circulating of Quinn in a wheelchair, I think it’s safe to assume that she will survive last night’s horrific car accident. The question you should be asking is what impact the experience will have not only on her but on [SPOILER].

Question: Please tell me the infamous video doesn’t sink Dan and Blair before they even get out of the harbor on Gossip Girl. That would be a lot of buildup with very little payoff. Say Dair isn’t DOA. –Leif
Ausiello: Dair is not DOA. In fact, they’ll be going strong long enough to encounter a brand new obstacle, one that is unrelated to (and potentially much more problematic than) the video. Guesses?! Hit the comments!

Question: What’s coming up for Serena on Gossip Girl? Hopefully something other than pining over D-Bag Humphrey! —@SB_Besties via Twitter
Ausiello: There’s something big brewing for S this spring, but it’s more professional than personal (though the latter will be impacted by the former, and vice versa).

Question: I need a Body of Proof scoop. I’ll take anything, really. —Patricia
Ausiello: Bubble status be damned, producers are ending the season on a cliffhanger. “There will be blood,” reveals EP Matthew Gross, “and it will belong to one of our series regulars.” Crikey!

Question: Are we in for a typically heart-wrenching Grey’s Anatomy season finale? —Jessica
Ausiello: Please, I’m still trying to get to the bottom of Episode 18. Thanks to Patrick Dempsey’s Twitter feed, we know it features at least one four-legged creature. And now co-star Chandra Wilson is adding to the mystery by telling us it also involves… little humans! “Animals and children,” responds the actress when grilled about the episode’s “A” storyline. “That’s [all] I’ll tell you.”

Question: When are we getting our beloved Community back? – Ava
Ausiello: March 15! And Jim Rash confirms that a new castmember has come on board during the hiatus. His stage name may ring a bell or two: The Grim Reaper. “One of our key characters won’t make it to the end of the season,” he tells TVLine. “We lose one of our own.”

Question: When will Community come back? —Latifah
Ausiello: March 15! And I’m celebrating the only way I know how — by slinging scoop: One of this season’s final episodes will pay homage to Ocean’s 11 when the Greendale gang gets entangled in the heist to end all heists. Naturally, Chang is at the center of the operation, which I’m told boasts some of Community‘s most lavish costumes to date. (And for this show, that’s saying something.)

Question: I thought it was interesting/exciting that NCIS‘ Gibbs thought Abby and McGee would be together in sideways-Gibbs world. Any chance they are teasing something to come? —Emily
Ausiello: Good news — I got an answer for you directly from showrunner Gary Glasberg. Bad news — he stonewalled! “It’s impossible to say if the ‘what if’ moments were actually foreshadowing things to come,” he tells me. “We will just have to wait and see how things evolve over the next 200 episodes. It is fun to think about it, though. Isn’t it?” (Reading between the lines, I think the answer to your question Emily is no.)

Question: I’m in pre-cancellation mourning for Fringe, so please cheer me up by letting me know if we’ll get to see Agent Charlie Francis one more time before the end. With Prime Suspect dead and buried, surely Kirk Acevedo has a bit of time to spare. —Anthony
Ausiello: A Fringe source tells me it’s a distinct possibility we’ll see Charlie again, but there’s nothing on the books at the moment. And don’t administer last rites to the show just yet. Despite those apocalyptic Nielsens, Fringe very much remains in the hunt for another season. One scenario allegedly being bandied about has it returning for a final 15-episode run. If that happens I will be an extremely happy person.

Question: Any scoop on the final two episodes of Parenthood? —Isaac
Ausiello: The final two episodes this season. Not forever. An important distinction. Here’s your scoop: A couple will have sex for the first time.

Question: No new Revenge this week makes me angry. How about some scoop before I take a red marker to your face. — Eric @pinsleric via Twitter
Ausiello: Further proof that God not only exists but is a good person, an ABC rep tells me there’s absolutely no truth to that (really random) rumor that Audrina Patridge is joining the cast later this season. Phew.

Question: Rumor has it 90210 will end the season with a wedding. Any truth? —Dawn
Ausiello: Can’t confirm a wedding. Can confirm an engagement.

Question: Pretty please, can I get some scoop on my favorite new show, Grimm? —Sue
Ausiello: In the March 2 episode, you’ll learn more about Nick’s parents’ “accident” when someone who was close to Aunt Marie surfaces and reveals who was behind their murder.

Question: Anything about Charlotte and Cooper from Private Practice? —Elif
Ausiello: Though she has put up a relatively good front and exhibited solidarity thus far, Charlotte this week will clash with Coop over his reluctance to enlist outside caregiving for Erica. As KaDee Strickland previews, “Charlotte’s point of view about this whole circumstance is, ‘I’m watching the person I love get completely consumed by something and not be able to show up for anyone [else]‘ — and that’s an interesting position for me to be in. I’m doing the best I can to be supportive, yet the impulse within Charlotte King to just drop the hammer is always a gnat’s eyelash away!”

Question: I’ve been a fan of Blue Bloods for a while now and have noticed a significant lack of the Jamie character. It seems he only shows up for the family dinners in the recent episodes. Any idea what’s going on? —Laura
Ausiello: Don’t worry. Jamie’s undercover assignment with the Sanfino family will play a big part during the remainder of the season, so rest assured you’ll be getting plenty of face time with the youngest Reagan.

Question: Just saw the new promo for Switched at Birth and was wondering if you had any spoilers. —Heather
Ausiello: There may be trouble in paradise for the show’s happily married parental unit, John and Kathryn. “My wife is having a little flirtation with our new lawyer [played by Mad Men's Sam Page], and I’m going, ‘What’s that about?’” teases Bay and Daphne’s onscreen pop, D.W. Moffett. But he’ll have bigger things to worry about when the aforementioned attorney digs up some new information “that’s going to be very earth-shattering in terms of what the [lawsuit against the hospital is] about,” he previews. “We’ve always thought it was Angelo. … but there’s another piece of information that’s going to get leaked that is completely different.”

Question: When will you launch your May Sweeps Scorecard? —Cinders
Ausiello: Soon. And not to worry you, but this year’s cheat sheet is shaping up to be the bloodiest, deadliest yet.

Question: Any Desperate Housewives scoop about Lynette and Tom? Fans are getting sick of this separation; it’s gone on far too long! —Rachel
Ausiello: We cornered DH boss Marc Cherry at Sunday’s WGA Awards and gently grilled him about a possible T/L reunion. “We’ve got some interesting twists and turns [ahead],” he said, “and what I hope will be an amazing and fascinating end to their relationship.” Cherry went on to all but confirm that Brenda Strong the woman and not just the voice will be featured in the swan song, saying, “I would say that the odds of seeing [Mary Alice] on screen in the season finale are very high.”

Question: Anything on Happy Endings? —Drake
Ausiello: In the March 7 episode, Alex and Jane use their special Serbian mind-erase abilities to convince Dave that the kiss he shared with Alex never actually happened. They refer to this special power as The Kerkovich Way and claim it was passed down to them from their ancestors. And to prove it, I hear the show is planning to flash back — way back — to 1915 Serbia and the early days of Kerkovich dynasty. Oh, Happy Endings, how I love you so.

Question: Any scoop on these crazy pics from the set of Bones that exec producer Stephen Nathan has been posting to Twitter? —Iza
Ausiello: “Imagine Michael Bay’s take on Bones,” Nathan tells me of those images from Episode 12, which finds Booth and Brennan travelling to Hollywood to observe production of the film version of her latest book. “Hollywood might have [taken some creative liberties] with the material.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and Megan Masters)

Comments (188)

• Ugh, I hate how the NCIS producers stonewall so much when it comes to romance on the show. Seriously, Tony and Ziva have been going at it for seven seasons now; I think we should have at least a little more forward momentum by the end of this season, yes? So tired of the one step forward two back routine. #NCIS
    Also, YES, I agree- Fringe NEEDS a “proper” last season of at least 15 episodes to wrap it all up! More would be icing on the cake! Fans deserve it after all the build up and I *know* the show could deliver, if given enough warning. Cancelling it at the end of this season would just be awful, especially with them so late in filming. I want a real ending, okay!! Not one that’s thrown together at the last minute… #FRINGE
    Brennan is going to have a field day with those signs, isn’t she? #BONES

Comment by AngelMoonGirl – February 21, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I got excited at the 200th episodes where Gibbs quit NCIS and his rule against co-workers dating was gone so both Abby/McGee and Kate/Tony could get together. Maybe, I thought, he will come to the realization that it’s a bad rule and end it? And then I realized this is NCIS I’m talking about, and the same frustration that caused me to give up on JAG is rampant in this show.
      Any spoilers for Abby, McGee, Ducky or Ziva, Michael? So far all you’ve given us on them is to deny they’re going to get the storyline the poster is wondering about.

Comment by Jill – February 21, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some The Secret Circle scoop next time please?

Comment by Fray – February 21, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had no idea that AA was followed by mostly 16 year old girls…. Enough about Gossip Girl already!!!
    As for a good show, like Parenthood – I’m hoping it’s Amber and Bob that sleep together. I’m loving their chemistry.

Comment by CiCi – February 21, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • although they have chemistry, i find it a little on the creepy side.
      it is definitely going to be one of the Holt siblings who gets lucky, although since it said “couple” i was leaning more towards Drew.

Comment by Jessica – February 21, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dair is a horrible case of character assassination. It could only happen after Blair and Dan had hit rock bottom. The ship is doomed because Dan doesn’t even love the real Blair. The real Blair would never do anything she’s done this for most of this season. Lost little girl Blair is the one we’re seeing right now, and it’s sad. Can’t wait until this cringe-worthy relationship is over. This is not growth, this is regression because Blair had to be weak and vulnerable and Dan had to manipulate his way into Blair’s heart for it to happen. I can’t believe anyone would support the horrible writing that’s been happening this season, and this is the culmination of that. Yesterday’s episode of GG received the lowest ratings in GG history.

Comment by Ashley – February 21, 2012 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • wow can you read how stupid you sound right now?

Comment by latinalover – February 23, 2012 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Reverse logic: Chair is a horrible case of character assassination. It couldn’t have happen without the support of a fanbase that supported a couple that wasn’t written as a official couple in the books. This ship is doomed because the ratings are down and Chair fans have petitioned against a show that they can no longer support yet feel the need to complaint about it. In doing so, the show will end with a Dair endgame. Blair has the right to be in love with more than one men. E.g. the rants of Chair fans that wanted Blair to have an affair with Louis. If the fictional character Blair chooses to be alone for sometime, I seriously doubt the character’s decision will be due to Chair bullies.

Comment by UJ – February 26, 2012 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about some scoop on Supernatural?

Comment by Sandi – February 21, 2012 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will forever love you, Ausiello, for giving me such hope on a fifth season for Fringe!!

Comment by Dessy – February 21, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dair’s new obstacle: Blair cries out Chuck’s name while in bed with Dan…hehe…

Comment by gossipcrazy – February 21, 2012 10:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As a Dair fan I should be made but that’s pretty funny.

Comment by Diva – February 22, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know how anyone can be happy about the state of Gossip Girl and what has happened to the characters. Dan is so utterly selfish. Serena’s Grandma is DYING, and all he cares about is kissing Blair. As if dating her best friend isn’t bad enough, that’s just salt on top of the wound. And not only that, but taking advantage of Blair when she feels alone and totally lost like this b/c of everything that’s happened to her is so sad. Where are the real Dan and Blair? At least Blair has a reason. She’s gone through so much anyone would be scared and weak. But Dan? What’s his excuse? He didn’t even like Blair until she was depressed and lonely. Blair is not the one for him if he doesn’t love all of Blair when she is being true to herself, and he doesn’t.

Comment by Marie – February 21, 2012 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAIR DISGUST ME B is a w**** to me she can die alone for all i care the writers ruined the show for me.There is no way they can fix that what they did to their characters are beyond repair

Comment by erica – February 21, 2012 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you so much Mr. Ausiello for answering my Good Wife question! It’s been on my mind since last season, so great to hear that the particular storyline has not and will not be forgotten :)

Comment by Margo – February 21, 2012 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I am so sick of all this Gossip Girl Dair vs Chair fighting. I love them both.
    Anyway, I’m confused about the Switched at Birth spoiler, what did Angelo have to do with the court case?

Comment by Lauren – February 22, 2012 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get Serena and Nate back together, and Let Them Be For Goodness Sake!

Comment by bklyngirl – February 22, 2012 03:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’re awesome!

Comment by Wendie – February 22, 2012 04:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You people orgasming over Dair are hilarious, including Ausiello’s whose bias is turning many off. It is not a coincidence that Gossip Girl’s ratings are at their lowest *ever* now that Dair is officially “on”

Comment by Elizabeth – February 22, 2012 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So does this mean that Tom is the one biting the dust on DH? I was hoping Lynette and him would get back together at the end of the season. I was thinking she would stop being a wench for once.

Comment by Cas – February 22, 2012 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community will be back???? hearts in my eyes. OMG!! So excited.
    I hope whatever obstacle they cook up on GG for Dan and Blair will be good to watch, and fingers crossed on them working it out. Words cannot express how happy and psyched I am that they’re finally together!

Comment by meg – February 22, 2012 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, it’s hard to deal with Chair fans non arguments.
    The biggest lost for Gossip Girl was during season 2, more than one million between the season premiere and the season finale > season of Chair!
    Ratings go down because of Dair? What about Hart Of Dixie? Ringer? Fringe? Alcatraz? Cougar Town?
    You cleary don’t help your “epic love”. But you make Gossip Girl stuff laugh.

Comment by Lauren – February 22, 2012 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • anything about teddy altman futur(greys anatomy)???any new romance??

Comment by cynthia – February 22, 2012 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please stop with the Gossip Girl crap that show sucks!!
    I hope the pics of my baby Quinn In a Wheelcair means that she survives i don’t want her to die!! I love Quinn my eyecandy cannot die!!

Comment by Josh – February 22, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would be thrilled if Fringe got a 5th season! 15 episodes or 13 episodes… It doesn’t matter! However, 15 episodes would be a better option, obviously. :)And I hope Community gets renewed, too! *fingers crossed*
    As for the upcoming Happy Endings episode (and this is coming from a Serbian): I think that plot is ridiculous. On the other hand, almost everything on that show is ridiculous – that’s why I liked them in the first place. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Comment by Sarabi – February 22, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy you addressed the Jaime situation on Blue Bloods for weeks now that has been my one complaint about the show
    I love this show and I have liked Donnie Whalberg since the early days of NKOTB but it has felt like it has been the Donnie show lately.
    I had really liked when 1 week we got a Jamie storyline and Danny in it a little bit and then the following week it would be a case that Danny was on and Jamie was in it a little. Then we always have Erin and Frank in it as well. I really like the family dinners too
    Anyways I am happy that the Jamie story is back!!

Comment by sarah – February 22, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think the engagement in 90210 is between naomi and P.J(nick zano) because i saw naomi in a lovely blue dress with him wearing a ring but it’s too early for that don’t u think???!!
    as for DAIR producers confirm that CHAIR is never done and so blair is going to be back with chuck sooner or later!!!! XOXO!!

Comment by fay – February 22, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is clear to me that FOX, will do anything to promote another season of Fringe. It would be a season finale? I do not know. A shorter season (15 episodes), maybe. The reality is that now, at this time, FOX has the rights to Fringe, but then what? The producers of Fringe, with all the cast on his hands and writers at his side, may well continue this “cult” in another house producer, is not it? Therefore, I feel that all this is being properly thought through “bosses” of Fringe, how, by the FOX.

Comment by Zepp – February 22, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “The question you should be asking is what impact the experience will have not only on her but on [SPOILER].”
    Why bother writing this? There is no info here, and any number of names (or couples) could fit here. Just say who, because it’s not even really a spoiler since nearly everyone would be affected by Quinn injured in a wheelchair.

Comment by Liz – February 24, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK so my guess for GG right now would be:
    Chuck and Georgina’s plans to reveal who sent that wedding video don’t go to plan NOT because Dan didn’t send it (because I think he did but he did or he didn’t, it don’t matter) but because somehow their scheme makes the video go PUBLIC.
    (cue dans “you have no idea what you’ve done” or whatever comment)
    This stops Blair from being able to get an amicable annulment cos of the whole prenup signed in Monaco but wedding in NY thing.
    Then, taking the twitter rumours into account -
    Chuck feels bad so he goes behind Blair’s back and pays the dowry but she thinks that the Grimaldis are just allowing the divorce or whatever.
    Dan finds out somehow that Chuck pays the dowry but hides it from Blair and when she finds out she’s mad and so that’s their little couple-obstacle to overcome.
    That’s my two cents on all of this anyways.

Comment by Florence – February 24, 2012 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Except Blair did cheat on Chuck with his uncle

Comment by JM – February 25, 2012 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope this obstacle doesnt ruin dair, i mean chair got too many chances and it wont be fair to dair fans if they are sunk by only one obstacle

Comment by Jemma – February 25, 2012 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sorry for my ignorance but can anyone tell me who is the woman in the middle of the pic? the one holding the umbrella

Comment by Michael – February 28, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post