Little Liars' Ian Harding Gives Juicy 'Ezria' Update, Says 'A' Reveal Isn't the Finale's Biggest Shocker

ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars (Mondays, 8/7c) is nearing the end of its nutso second season, which means one thing: anxiety among the “Ezria” ‘shippers.

The taboo twosome has really been through the wringer this year, what with Ezra’s psycho ex, Aria’s disapproving parents and ‘A’s constant meddling. But star Ian Harding tells TVLine that while things will never be easy for the lovebirds, there are some developments ahead that find their relationship “solidified.” (Place your guesses as to what exactly that means in the comments below!)

TVLINE | It seems the Aria and Ezra fans can never breathe easy. Any words of encouragement about the star-crossed couple as we approach the end of the season?
There’s some really juicy stuff that happens, especially in the last two episodes — so much that I almost don’t even want to talk about it because it’s just so good. But Aria and Ezra are always in question. There will never be a moment — not until maybe the series is done for good — where they can relax, but I will say things get a little more solidified in where they stand together, as a couple.

TVLINE | Will Aria’s childhood friend Holden become an issue for the two? The friendship seems pretty mutual now, but you never know.
I wouldn’t put it past the writers to maybe do some switching it up. Anybody is a possibility. [Laughs] From a story perspective, I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Holden, but as of right now it feels pretty platonic between the two. But you’re right, never say never in Rosewood.

TVLINE | How does Ezra’s out-of-town job offer pan out?
Ezra is such a brainiac, and even though he’s absolutely in love with Aria, he really is mulling this over. Even though the offer came out of a bad place — as in it was set up for him not because of his actual abilities but so Byron could get him out of Rosewood — he still wants it because it’s a really good job. It will move his career eight years ahead of schedule. Of course, this puts Aria off a little bit because she thinks it’s a no-brainer to turn it down, but Ezra is a little like, “Well….” So, problems will arise.

TVLINE | Ezra almost had a run-in with Byron last week. Will the two interact or have a showdown before the season’s end?
Oh, yeah. There are going to be some “words.” [Laughs] There is going to be a very, um, tense discussion between the two of them, and some choice words will be said.

TVLINE | How is that conversation initiated given how carefully the two have recently been avoiding each other?
Most of the time adults try to put on a good face in an uncomfortable situation… but Byron is kinda maybe checking in [on Ezra] and thinks it’s going to be more of the same. Then something happens and there’s a switch, so one of us decides to no longer keep up the façade.

TVLINE | Finally, what can you say about the impending “A” reveal? What was your initial reaction upon learning who has been behind all of this?
I was actually kind of shocked when we found out who this person/people/thing was, because I think the writers have done a good job making it seem like anyone can be “A.” People will be pleasantly surprised, but that’s not even the biggest part of the episode — which really says something. There must be something huge in this finale if revealing who “A” is isn’t the biggest shocker. So, that’s what I will say about that. [Laughs]

Comments (40)

• I think they finally have sex. That seems fairly “solidifying” to me…

Comment by Heather – February 19, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am pretty sure they have already had sex….

Comment by Lauren – February 19, 2012 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t know about that. Wasn’t there an episode where she was considering sleeping with him, but it never happened? I think they’re purposely being cagey about it because Aria is underage. Their relationship is already inappropriate, but once they start sleeping together he could be arrested.

Comment by Kalie – February 19, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, she just had a dream about them having sex.

Comment by Tine – February 20, 2012 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yeah they did,watch one of the season 1 and a half episodes,i think it was episode 21 of season 1,

Comment by blake – March 9, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Didn’t they have sex in a bar bathroom after a meaningful conversation about poetry?

Comment by Natasha – February 19, 2012 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They had sex the very first time they met

Comment by scorpo – February 19, 2012 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, I think they just made out in that disgusting bathroom.

Comment by Ann – February 19, 2012 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No they didn’t, Marlene King (the producer) has said that Aria and Ezra haven’t had sex yet, but that they do before the season ends.

Comment by Holly – February 20, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This season has been great. Looks like ‘A’ will be a group of people, but probably a random or two included. I think the shocking thing will be whomever takes up ‘A’s cause or the girls being stalked once again, after thinking they were in the clear.

Comment by BRETT – February 19, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I’ve always thought ‘A’ was more than one person because there’s no way a single person could pull off everything that ‘A’ does. I also think that finding out who ‘A’ is will be just the beginning. They definitely wouldn’t make the reveal this soon unless there was much more to the story.

Comment by Ann – February 19, 2012 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am pretty sure the biggest shocker is that someone will die in the episode.

Comment by Emgee – February 19, 2012 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sure you’re right. One of the core four maybe? Now, that will be a great start for Season 3 with just three liars.

Comment by Leo – February 20, 2012 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think A will be a group of people.

Comment by fernando – February 19, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry, but I so want Ezra to take that job offer! Just make him go away.. he is so boring! And Aria is boring when she’s with him. There is no chemistry between those two.
    Maybe he can just die in the season finale – as a big ‘shocker’.

Comment by m – February 20, 2012 02:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Ezra storyline is boring! send him to jail let Aria see other pp and when she is 18 bring back Ezra cuz they r end game!

Comment by s – February 20, 2012 03:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • aww i LOVE the Aria and Ezra thing, they’re so hot together I always forget how old Aria is

Comment by Maria – February 20, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry but those two make me cringe. It’s just creepy. They need to be done.

Comment by R – February 20, 2012 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty sure they already have theoretically, but we’ll never really know because they can’t talk about it on tv. It’s totally illegal.

Comment by Pete – February 20, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aria and Ezra haven’t had sex yet, and I think one of the next episodes will be about them having sex (or so wikipedia says on the episode list). I bet A is like Noel, Jenna and Garrett. I kind of thought that explains it because after A lost her/his phone, Jenna stopped talking to Garrett and started getting cozy with Noel so maybe? Unless Mona is texting herself so she doesn’t seem like the prime suspect

Comment by Celeste – February 20, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember folks, as long as they’re both hot pedophilia is okay.

Comment by Josh – February 20, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would favorite this comment if I could.

Comment by Nicole – February 20, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • <3

Comment by P – February 21, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ezria did not have sex in the pilot. Confirmed by Marlene herself, and she would know.
    Aria is not underage, for Pennsylvania at least.

Comment by Kevin – February 20, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What if Ezra gets Aria pregnant?

Comment by R – February 20, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d say that Aria is pregnant and I hope that they kill off the awful girl that plays Jenna; she looks too old to be playing a teenager with all the laugh lines on her face! WTH??

Comment by Tucker – February 20, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • idk why but the theme song makes me think that pll isnt gonna end until 2 liars are left & one of them dies:/ ’cause 2 can keep a secret if one of them is dead’

Comment by sara – February 20, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That pic….dude, open your mouth. What’s with the tight-lipped kiss? You’re not kissing your ugly aunt…you’re trying (in vain) to convince us that you’re “into” Lucy Hale. Man, I hate fake kissing on TV. You’re supposed to be actors. That just looks painful.

Comment by Jason – February 20, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ezra and Aria are soo cute! they are one of the reasons why i watch the show (im a BIG sucker for romance) haha :) I’M DYING TO KNOW WHO A IS!! think it could be wren or maybe noel… garret and jenna are too obious…nothing is ever what it seems in pll..!

Comment by Lily – February 20, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ugh tired of theeeem. I like this show but this is the only aspect of the show I just don’t buy. I just can’t suspend my belief this far. I get a 22-25 year old guy would hook up with a 15-17 year old girl for sex, but this whole Romeo & Juliet thing is on my nerves, because a 24 year old might have sex with a 16 year old, but he definitely doesn’t find her so interesting that he’d stick with her through this many obstacles.

Comment by kate – February 20, 2012 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think ezra is A

Comment by Cat – February 20, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im pretty sure the next episode aria and ezra have sex because if you see the run for the next episode, arias guilty ;) im guna feel stupid if A turns out to be so obvious.

Comment by sonya – February 21, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont like Ezria. I like Jayson and I hope hes in the upvciming esps and next season i reakky like aris to get w jayson. I really kike wren hope he stjcks around, i misd toby. Im gkad msya gone i hope emiky can b with Toby. I hope a is melissa

Comment by soph – February 21, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you miss the part where Emily is GAY? It’s not something you can just switch on and switch off. She does not go both ways, darling. Good lord.

Comment by wbn – February 23, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 1) I seriously hope that Sonya was typing this on an IPhone or something!
        2)I think Emily was BI in the books, but the show has chosen to keep her gay. So it’s not that far off for people to think she could be with a guy.

Comment by jbj – February 24, 2012 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So if A’s reveal won’t be the biggest shocker, it must be someone that was pretty obvious, no?

Comment by Violet – February 22, 2012 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its obviously Mona. who would turn themselves to save a friend.

Comment by matt – February 24, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think that aria gets pregnant! i mean thats as much solidify as u can get

Comment by natascha – March 3, 2012 02:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • me too! he is totally hot n if she is with him they can actually go out, n aria doesn’t have to lie to her parents

Comment by nat – March 3, 2012 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post