Lindsay Lohan to Host Saturday Night Live

Get More: News

Lindsay Lohan has made a date with Saturday Night Live.

The actress/tabloid magnet will serve as host on March 3, NBC announced in an on-air promo during last night’s SNL with host Maya Rudolph.

SNL: Jonah Hill to Host – and Justin Bieber, Too?

“SNL! I love @NBC !!!!!!!!!!!!!” Lohan tweeted.

The show’s official Twitter handle confirmed the news, adding, “That’s right: March 3rd, @lindsaylohan with musical guest Jack White!! See you then!”

Lohan, who will be taking the reins for the fourth time, last hosted in 2006.

Comments (38)

• Why????Is she even relevant anymore? Is she hosting because she is a train wreck? Dear God, the dumbing down of America continues.

Comment by DJEagles11 – February 19, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was January Jones not available?

Comment by darth pablo – February 19, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was cruel, but yeah I laughed.

Comment by raftrap – February 19, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG that was very funny!

Comment by sue – February 19, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • one of my all time favorite skits is with Lindsay & Debbie Downer at Disneyworld. But really, SNL?

Comment by rebecca – February 19, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was going to say the same. Except for the “really?” part. Weirdly excited.

Comment by Michael – February 19, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my God, no, the best SNL skit Lindsay ever did was when she played Busty Hermione. Please tell me other people remember that, because that was gold.

Comment by Jill – February 19, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I remember it. That was pretty good, but her skit with Downer was better.

Comment by Josh – February 20, 2012 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Linds-anity? Of course, it will be huge ratings for NBC. People will tune in just to see if it is a train wreck. Sad, because if this young woman doesn’t get her thing together, she’ll be the next one a funeral is for. Sorry – don’t mean to be negative. I do hope she gets past her addictions and legal troubles. I honestly do. But the track record isn’t promising. If she can, maybe some talent and maturity will come of it.

Comment by kirads09 – February 19, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You never know what can come out of this. Maybe she’ll really hit rock bottom. Robert Downey Jr. did it and he’s bigger than ever now. She really use to have talent. She has the potential to be great, but can’t seem to grasp that!

Comment by Lexi – February 19, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey SNL, when is Carol Burnett hosting?

Comment by Di – February 19, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Mean Girls” reunion? Tina Fey and Tim Meadows??

Comment by topoopon – February 19, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess that better get her before she gets arrested again. Can’t they find anyone not in trouble with the law?

Comment by Mrs. Peele – February 19, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe I shouldn’t admit this, but I may have cheered a little bit when I saw that last night. I don’t know why, but there is part of me still rooting for this mess to get herself together. I just…really liked Mean Girls and The Parent Trap, I guess.

Comment by brandy – February 19, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • > there is part of me still rooting for this mess to get herself together.
      Me too. Mean Girls was great and when she eats something and is a redhead, she’s gorgeous. You would think she’d see what happened with Amy Winehouse, Whitney Houston, and Charlie Sheen and maybe have a wake-up call

Comment by Carmichael – February 19, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good luck hosting SNL on March 3rd if Lohan’s career is still fading. :(

Comment by kevin – February 19, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is she promoting anything? Or did someone else drop out?

Comment by Visual Fiction – February 19, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOT watching that show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Annabelle – February 19, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY?????? She is awful and everything she does sucks…will NOT TiVo or even watch 1 second of that SNL.
    WHAT A WASTE of airtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Bobby – February 19, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG – what is SNL thinking. They have had a pretty successful year, why blow it now??!!!!
    WILL NOT WATCH THE LiLo episode for anything in the world – total waste of my time for sure.

Comment by Annie – February 19, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • just have Jack White host and be the musical guest

Comment by ggny – February 19, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great idea. Really don’t understand why they are having her host. She has nothing to promote and is in desperate need of some time away from the world of celebrity. Doubt this will do much to improve her image or career, but I guess we’ll see.

Comment by tripoli – February 19, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the best snl shows this season love when old cast member come back to host Maya and Amy are comedian perfection and I actully think lindsey to host is a great idea she’s not scare of makeing fun of her self and everytime she has host she’s been super funny rooting for you Lindsey!

Comment by dot – February 19, 2012 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was fantastic as host the previous times, I’m looking forward to the show.

Comment by Nadine – February 19, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really dont know what to think about this. She had major potential when she was younger. Anyone who says otherwise doesnt know what they are talking about. She was just chewed up and spat out by the Hollywood machine and add that with a famewhore mother and father, she didnt have a chance. I am as sick of hearing about her as anyone else because she hasnt done anything relavent in years. She has a longer arrest record and rehab stints than filmography now. But a tiny part of me is hoping she gets back on track. And maybe this is the first step.

Comment by Lynne – February 19, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or maybe it will be like tha final time Chris Farley hosted.

Comment by topoopon – February 19, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too young to know about that. Did he die soon after?

Comment by Lynne – February 19, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 6 wks after he came back as host.

Comment by topoopon – February 19, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad I’m not the only one that remembers that, it was absolutely brilliant and one of my all time favorite sketches.

Comment by Alex – February 19, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m more excited to see jack white play then lindsay host by far.

Comment by britt – February 19, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think most people enjoy a good comeback story and I don’t think it’s too late for her. Sure, she has had a bunch of chances but I truly believe that she will end up eventually getting her act together. Look at what she has had to overcome just because of her limelight-seeking parents. Her mom is a nut bag and her dad is a D-bag.
    I also will admit that I find her very attractive. Though I do think that she should go back to her natural hair color because it suits her much better. This whole Marilyn Monroe schtick she has been going for just doesn’t work well for her.
    And yes, to answer an earlier poster’s question, I too remember her “Busty Hermione” sketch. That and the one where they were at Disney World and Rachel Dratch kept busting up while doing her Debbie Downer character are two of my all-time favorites.

Comment by The Squatch – February 19, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is she promoting her next stint in rehab or her new Trainwreck Hollywood Story?

Comment by are you kidding SNL? – February 19, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There better be a REALLY?!?! segment about this.

Comment by stefany – February 19, 2012 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please change your headline from, “Lindsay Lohan to host SNL” to “Jack White to play SNL”. White is an actual contributor to society where as Lohan is simply celebrity refuse. Thanks.

Comment by Andrew Lowe – February 19, 2012 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are a lot of opinions about Lindsay Lohan and why is that? We’ve been inundated with her slips, trip and falls for more than 5 years. Lorne Michaels is likely giving her a leg up. He remembers her. She’s being brutalized by the world, to be honest, and I think he’s decided to do something for her rather than nothing at all. Y’know, the sudden passing of Whitney, another pap-pariah, has really shaken us all up. All media now is hostile media. It is a ravenous, window-smashing, wolverine-frenzy bloodstorm out there peopled with useless celebrities and real housewives and intrusive reporting of private affairs. Lindsay Lohan is the first example of that frenzy really attempting to drive someone into total submission, to kill themselves even. I think the greatest sensation would be for Ms. Lohan to actually die much like Ms. Houston. What we think of ourselves then? This zeitgeist needs a revelation. I’m gonna watch Ms. Lohan on March 3rd, because, yes, I do remember that first Debbie Downer sketch at Disneyworld and it was the hysterical, and because I believe I’m done be manipulated.

Comment by Edenheart – February 20, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have trouble letting her slide into the victim role. She chose to steal from a store. She chose to chase someone down in her car. She chose to defy the judges (Judges! More than one! Someone doesn’t learn!) and the terms of her probation. These are not things the media did to her; these were her choices, for which she assumes no responsibility. I’ll grant that she does seem to have an awful mother who adds to L’s dysfunction, and I’ll give her a pass on the drinking and drugs (to an extent), because addiction is an illness and you’d never hear me telling a smoker with lung cancer or an obese person with heart disease that their illness are their own fault so don’t whine to me. However, as some point L is going to have to assume responsibility for herself and her actions. Not that I think that is going to happen because girlfriend is a train wreck, as her SNL hosting gig will also be, I’m sure.

Comment by Meredith – February 20, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously!!!!
    No wonder NBC is drowning…
    I prefer watching a “old” repeat of the best days of SNL with my favorites…Carvey,Myers &cie…or even The Ghost of Belushi or Hartman or Farley would do a better Host than miss “I want my 15sec/min of fame back” Lohan…
    Sorry but I think I be sleeping or watching a movie that Sathurday

Comment by Jules – February 20, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will be great!!

Comment by prescription card – February 23, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post