Glee Annual Summer Concert Tour Scrapped -- Are You Bummed?

The Glee machine is taking the summer off.

The show’s cast will not be embarking on their traditional summer tour this year, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Instead, the hard-working ensemble will enjoy their first two-and-a-half-month hiatus in three years.

To give Gleeks their concert fix, Glee producers are said to be considering a one-time benefit show at the Hollywood Bowl this fall.

Last year’s Glee Live! In Concert! tour played 40 sold out international dates.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: News

1. dan says:

I wonder if the Troubletones were going to be the opening act?

2. S says:

I had that “this is it” feeling last summer when I saw the tour. It is sad that I won’t get to see them again but this cast has worked continuously for 3 years, they definitely deserve a break.

3. Brad says:

They definitely deserve a break to do whatever they want (other acting, solo records, etc…). Plus with several main cast members not returning next season, it would be strange to have them tour.

4. Fabricio says:

It’s sad but the cast deserves a break. But I really wanted to see The Troubletones, Damian McGinty, Samuel Larsen, Grant Gustin and even the other two Glee Project winners: Lindsay and Alex, the new kids deserve their spotlight too.
    Do you imagine a skit with Kurt, Blaine and Sebastian?? That would be great, but not this year.

5. CJ says:

It’s a little difficult to see how you can characterize the tour as “traditional” when the show has only been around for 3 years.

6. Liz says:

Really don’t care. They never came within a 300 mile radius of my hometown anyways.

7. bamabunny says:

Frankly I’d rather see Chris promote his book/movie, Darren back on Broadway or doing another Starkid show, Naya promoting her album, and pretty much everyone doing their own thing this summer and breaking away a bit from Glee. The show won’t last forever and I’d hate to see them typecast (I personally can’t see ANY former “Friends” cast member without first seeing their old characters).

• Agreed says:

I agree. The Glee cast has practically been on Glee lockdown for the last 3 years. I wish they had time to grow their careers in other directions. I kind of disagree about the Friends cast though. Courteney Cox has become Jules Cobb to me in the last few years. The rest of the cast though is pretty much always going to be Rachel, Joey, Chandler, Phoebe and Ross. Haha!

8. Captain says:

I am a little disappointed but mostly just REALLY glad I got to see them last year when they came to Toronto. It was an amazing show but I definitely got the feeling that was a one-time thing. The way the tour screwed up their filming (they’re still trying to catch up from the 2 months they lost last summer) I wasn’t expecting them to go on tour this year.

9. ggny says:

smart move Glee is way overexposed and the backlash has started(just look at the ratings)

10. Ana says:

I often wondered how they do it. These kids burn the candle at both ends continuously. They got what, a week off during the holidays? That can’t be healthy. They don’t do traditional jobs. Their days are super long and the rehearsals, performances and recordings in addition to taping the show are physically taxing. Let them rest or pursue their own interests for a change. Besides, they are in danger of becoming overexposed, a la Lady Gaga. A summer break should create expectation and a nice build up for the fall.

• BRETT says:

Everyone is acting as if these kids DIDN’T PICK THIS JOB and AREN’T MAKING MORE MONEY than the average American. Who cares if they’re tired? Also, they are ALREADY over-exposed (check their ratings, the movie grosses…)

• JT says:

fact: this cast definitely does not make enough for all the hours they put in. not even close. if you hate the show and the cast so much, why are you even here?

11. Abdullah says:

Where’s the “no and Glee needs to get canceled” option ? You have 2 for “yes” but only one for no. Why?

• B says:

Amen to that. But I’m surprised you haven’t already been trashed by all the Glee fans on this site for saying that one, haha!

12. Starship Ranger says:

YAY A VERY POTTER SENIOR YEAR! YAY DARREN ON LC 2012! SO MUCH GOOD NEWS!

• maru says:

you’re rigth!!! the trequeel is on fire now!! and the leaky con in chicago and and and more starkid!! so awesome for all the starkid memebers but sad for no touring this year…

13. STW says:

I’m very glad the cast will get time off this summer. They work unbelievably hard, and they need a real break and time to do other things. They’ll come back to work in August with renewed energy to bring to the show and much more love for what they are doing if they’re allowed to have some sort of life of their own this summer.
    And doing a benefit concert in the fall is a fabulous idea — using the draw of their stardom to do something good for others is great.

14. cuius says:

The show desperately needs a refresh and some new cast members – the current ones are way past their “sell-by” date.

15. Shawn says:

Fox hasnt even renewed the show for a 4th season officially. I hope that this isnt a sign of the show getting cancelled. I love the show but it has been running out of steam for a while and the glee project just didn’t work to inject new life. Damien was not good enough to really use him and I have a feeling Sam isn’t going to be much better. I think that Cameron and Hannah would have been a better pick as winners and could have been used to their full potential.

• bamabunny says:

On the contrary, I believe Kevin Reilly wants 26 episodes next year. That being said, that would give Glee 92 episodes, not quite enough for syndication (unless they did an abbeviated 8-episode final fifth season), but perhaps an exception could be made. I don’t see it going beyond 4 seasons.

16. b-rett says:

Unfortunately, this isn’t exactly surprising. After next season glee will probably be over, so fans might as well start bracing themselves.

17. Theo says:

These people work up to 16 hours a day. They have to learn lines, record songs, rehearse scenes, dance rehearsal, filming the scenes. They did sign up for it but they more than deserve their break.

18. Jeannie says:

im really sad that there is no glee concert this summer, i was planing on going this year,and i wanted to see our teenage dream live but they do deserve a break, they do alot.

19. Nick S says:

I’m bummed bc I never got the chance to go the past 2 years bc I didn’t have the money and I was gonna go this year. I would go to the benefit concert in LA but I live in on the east coast! :/ and some of them r leaving at the end of the season so this was my last chance to some of them in person

20. Bob says:

These are not kids. They need to get what ever they can now. The chances are that most of them will never be heard from again after Glee.

21. ashli t says:

this might give darren the chance to be on broadway this summer or do something with the starkids like a very potter threequal i think its a good thing theres no glee tour

22. p Banks says:

After this last season I would need to be paid to go to their concert. I am tired of all the trauma.

23. Andrew says:

What am I going to do on Birthday now. :(
    I am glad they are taking a break, those guys deserve it.

24. Alex says:

Wowww so not impressed i was finally gonna fly to whereever just to see them for once D= plus some of the cast members wont be there so ill never get to seen them this way then :(

25. Bruce says:

Glad they are taking a break, but also glad they will all be back next season. Can’t wait to see what Lea’s, Rachel will be doing and Finn, and all. The Nationals was soooo over the top vocally, musically, and everything, Fantastic job,It was so good it actually brough tears to my eyes, very emotionaly moments. Simply the best episode ever. Hope the show stays on for many, many years to come.

26. Cody says:

I am really bummed. I just got into glee over the summer last year. I can’t miss an episode. I was hoping to be surprised with tickets for my 16th birthday but now I guess not. Maybe they’ll do a concert with this years season and next year! I really wanna see lea Michele and Cory sing!