Exclusive Fringe Sneak Peek: How Far Will [Spoiler] Go to Save [Spoiler]?

[The following contains spoilers from last night's Fringe.]
No thanks for the memories…?
On this week’s episode of Fox’s Fringe, coming off of that sudden smooch over vino and aromatic Damiano’s take-out, Olivia went on to reveal to Peter that she “remembered” everything, from the John Scott case that led her to Walter (and thus Peter) to Peter entering The Machine, and everything in between.

Fringe Exclusive: Lost‘s Henry Ian Cusick Cast as [Spoiler] – But in Which Universe?

Peter, though — ever the ethical soldier (and one with stupendous willpower, damn, boy!) — did his best to keep “his” Olivia at arm’s length. But at the close of the hour he succumbed to the “reunion” and embraced her full. And then….
Olivia’s bladder came calling. And no sooner had she ducked into the filling station loo than she disappeared — and later resurfaced captive in a dank room, in the company of (drumroll) the real Nina, confirming that the MD boss lady who tried to pass faux Cortexiphan off on Walter is either one of DRJ’s shapeshifters (or an evil alt-Nina).
How will Peter find Olivia? This exclusive look at an extended promo for next Friday’s Fringe teases the heck out of what’s to come.

Comments (85)

• This just makes me more excited for Friday’s episode. Man..I hate we have a 3 week hiatus after that.

Comment by Ali – February 18, 2012 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, 3 weeks it’s too long, can you guys take only one week off :)

Comment by Eleonora – February 21, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sh*t i can’t wait……..

Comment by panda – February 18, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am loving Fringe so much. Mixed emotions because I definitely sense they are bringing things to a close – as in Series finale – not season finale. :( But I can’t wait to see how everything plays out.

Comment by kirads09 – February 18, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Instead, I believe that this episode, and the one next would, yes, reveal some answers, BUT, and it’s a big but, the storyline will open up to new sub-plots that we have never imagined would be there in the first place!
      Amazing Fringe!

Comment by S.C. – February 18, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so hope that’s not the case but I do understand where you’re coming from. I love this show so much I would be very disappointed if the network ended it. There isn’t very much on anymore to entertain the mind that isnt reality TV.

Comment by Libbyda – February 21, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such a crazy good episode!!!

Comment by MnM – February 18, 2012 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s ridiculous how excited I am by this teaser, can’t wait til next Friday. Sucks I can’t move through tine like an Observer.

Comment by Corinne – February 18, 2012 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m soooo with you! Awesome.

Comment by tarc – February 18, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A shape shift Nina Sharp. I didn’t even think of that…. Good storyline. ;)

Comment by robinepowell – February 18, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally didnt pick up on that…

Comment by quinn – February 18, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If she were a shapeshifter, wouldn’t Nina be dead?
      I think it’s Nina from the other side

Comment by Amy – February 18, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think these new kind need to kill who they copy,or if they ever did.It was more convenient.

Comment by shaun – February 18, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I could be wrong, but I thought the new ones were actually people who were turned into shapeshifters.

Comment by Corinne – February 18, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That is correct. David Robert Jones recruited people to be turned into shapeshifter 2.0′s as stated in “Enemy of My Enemy”. I also think it’s more likely that the fake is Alt-Nina instead of shapeshifter-Nina, but I suppose that’s because I really want to meet Alt-Nina. Besides, when we saw the first shapeshifter 2.0 steal Danzig’s (Lincoln’s partner) identity, the guy died through the process not out of convenience.

Comment by RKron – February 18, 2012 01:13 PM PDT
    • She’s not a shapeshifter, she’s alternate Nina. A shapeshifter would have to kill the person they’re pretending to be.

Comment by Dessy – February 18, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We know from the “pre-machine” timelines that there was only one Nina (so said William Bell). We have every reason to believe that didn’t change after Peter did his magic with the Machine and brought about the bridge between the two universes.
        We also know that Nina’s original arm was lost due to the intra-dimensional experiments that Bell and Walter were doing in which Bell gave her a synthetic arm. There is no reason to believe that Peter’s work with the Machine erased or altered these events.
        When the other Nina used the bio-metric lock to get into the vaults at Massive Dynamic I saw (or at least I thought saw Nina expose both arms as being natural and not one of them being synthetic/mechanical. What does this suggest to me???
        The other Nina is a clone!
        It’s little hints like this which make Fringe such a worthwhile show to watch and re-watch!!!

Comment by Ben Ragunton – February 20, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Nina has both arms this whole season, I checked. You would think Lincoln and Walter would notice if she didn’t, then she did, there at MD. I still think the new shapeshifters kill their victims.

Comment by Tracy – February 21, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So right. I also noticed she used her left hand and thought something is so not right with Nina…

Comment by Beverly – February 21, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ben, her arm was cut off when she tried to stop walter from crossing in the first place, and walter and nina seem to not be friendly in this timeline, which is suggestive of why she wasn’t there to try and stop him. That what I think anyway. From that we can assume she never got her arm cut off

Comment by Sean D – February 21, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Nina still lost her arm in this timeline…in fact, it was her attempt to stop Walter (and the vial of medicine that was broken in the process) that led to Walter having such a hate-on for her…if she hadn’t tried to stop him, he could have saved over-there-Peter, and not had to bring him back (and he wouldn’t have drowned).
            The “real-flesh” hands of Nina are definetly a clue.

Comment by Walker – February 21, 2012 04:39 PM PDT
        • What makes you think that William Bell was telling the truth when he said that there was no alter-Nina? :S

Comment by Kelly – February 21, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they can’t f*cking cancel that show! If the ratings are so bad move it to cable or something…

Comment by ana – February 18, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think it’s a shapeshifter. Can the new ones transform without killing the original subject? I can’t remember if we were shown that or not. As far as I know, no.
    So what that means is – ALT-NINA!

Comment by Jerry – February 18, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! that’s what I think!
      It can’t be a shapeshifter! It’s Nina from the other side who’s been drugging Olivia!
      The Good Nina was with Olivia in that room at the end of the episode

Comment by Amy – February 18, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think the Nina with Olivia is the alt-nina, because that way Jones can use her to manipulate Olivia, also he probably used her to switch the cortexiphan (sp) in the vault. Unless he had Walter’s vibration machine that allowed him to pass through the walls instead.

Comment by Rich – February 19, 2012 01:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes look at lincoln partner eps

Comment by vi – February 18, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think Nina is a shape shifter I think that’s Alt-Nina because otherwise how could it be a shape shifter w/o killing Nina?

Comment by Tom – February 18, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they’re both shape shifters. The preview shows Nina getting tortured for some reason. I think she is also a shape shifter put there explicitly to influence Olivia.

Comment by Kaibosh – February 18, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHILLS! I am so pumped for this episode that I feel almost sick! :)

Comment by Piper – February 18, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to be a GREAT episode! They are answering questions in case the sow doesn’t get renewed. There was a previous article that said this year’s season finale would work as either a season or series final. Let’s just hope that it is just a season final and not series and that FOX renews.

Comment by majamababe – February 18, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oops! show not sow! sorry – too excited about next episode!

Comment by majamababe – February 18, 2012 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Every season is written as its stand alone story. Discovery of the alt universe; dopplegangers from the red universe; the assembly of the machine and Peter’s history. This season is the ‘Wonderful Life’ version of the universe without Peter – then his re-introduction. The writers have refer to each season as chapters whole unto themselves. I’m sure this formula was designed not only for direction of story, but working with Fox, never knowing if there would be another season. Actually, a 13 episode season would be a new curve ball for the writers to deal with. I have confidence in their ability and hope for another full season. A 13 episode season would be another gift since this current season was in doubt at this time last year.

Comment by forrest – February 18, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe is at its best again!!! I don’t care about the hiatus, I don’t care about the renewal.. I only want to watch the next episode!!!

Comment by olga – February 18, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, I pray to the universe it doesn’t get cancelled.

Comment by Fey – February 18, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh my god! Cannot wait for this episode! Fringe is one of the most captivating TV shows and need to continue! Please don’t cancel it!

Comment by Jan – February 18, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy Crap! Can not wait till next week’s episode! I really love this show!!!

Comment by GeoDiva – February 18, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screaming and shaking with ALL the emotions. These past few episodes have been so intense I feel like we’re all on LSD.

Comment by Sarah – February 18, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! What will this Nina say when this Olivia denies being raised by Nina since she thinks she’s Ourlivia? That will be a great scene!

Comment by Elliot – February 18, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love love LOVE Fringe.
    I find it very interesting that there are always re-dux(es?) of shows like Glee (ugh), grey’s anatomy (double ugh) e.t.c that a fly could understand while the beautiful, complex, intricate masterpiece that is fringe is never recapped here on tvline.
    I’m not saying the show doesn’t get coverage here, it does. There are many exclusive promos here and stuff, but not enough. As usual, Fringe is not getting the recognition it so rightly deserves.
    Anyway, last episode was AWESOME and I can’t wait for this one!!!!

Comment by Dessy – February 18, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hands-down the best show on television. If the ratings are low it’s because the ‘brow’ is high. In other words, it takes viewers of above average intelligence to grasp the show’s concepts. Most of our country is too dumb to get it. They’re busy pumping up the ratings on reality TV. Does anyone know when the season finale (wishful thinking–i.e. not series finale) is?

Comment by Yves – February 18, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The “SEASON” (notice my optimistic attitude):)finale will be May 11th. And I TOTALLY AGREE with everything you said! I think ALL of the singing, cartoons (which should be for children like it was when I was growing up!) and the STUPID reality shows about all these housewives lives as though anyone cares, & knowing its ALL made up for entertainment, should be OFF the air & people should start using their minds to think, i.e. Fringe. If the people that make the decisions on what programs should be on TV would take a look at ALL of these sites regarding Fringe & the replies from ALL over the world…they would realize that there are still people with brain functions!

Comment by Jennifer – February 20, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Peter does see everything the Observer has seen then will he not discover he had a son with fauxliva?

Comment by Carson – February 18, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you read the Beyond the Fringe comics, which are canon btw, you’ll see Peter does know he has a child with Fauxlivia.

Comment by Amy – February 18, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh gawd..I really hope they don’t go with the baby plot, despite the fact that the glyph spelled from last Friday’s episode was “Henry”.
        Please no more torture for Peter and Olivia.

Comment by Lidya – February 19, 2012 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This promo is awesome! I’m excited about getting answers but I also think it is likely we’ll still have lots of questions!

Comment by Robin – February 18, 2012 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I try to avoid any spoilery promos but this is soooo tempting….

Comment by Liz – February 19, 2012 02:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I may have just jumped out of my chair with excitement.

Comment by Ainav – February 19, 2012 03:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More people should watch Fringe! It’s great!

Comment by Sarabi – February 19, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter, must be desperate. And, not less. Now, it seems that he “found”, “their” Olivia, she goes to the toilet, and disappears! What will Peter now?

Comment by Zepp – February 19, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can not wait!!!! Keep the awesome coming!

Comment by Lipstick Commando – February 19, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing! I can’t wait. This season is now in high gear. Just in time for another hiatus. Sigh.

Comment by Amy – February 19, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just to say i have never watchd beter seria in my life !!!!
    greetings from Serbia, and keep up… !!!!!!

Comment by Pedja – February 19, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They are setting up a very exciting conclusion to the series as there is very little doubt it will be canceled. It’s been a great run.

Comment by Matt – February 19, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It seems like that, and just a short afterseason 5, will be an anticlimax.
      Please give Olivia her ability and importance back, away from being petersgirfriend.
      More Olivia and Nina together from now on, and Olivia back being the fighter, the hero and active saving the world.

Comment by DotDot – February 20, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This part of season 4 has become my favorite part of the series. It is about everyone! It is about time Peter got to shine! And heck, David Robert Jones wants Olivia because she is special…

Comment by AC – February 23, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i’m so scared for olivia :(

Comment by jason – February 23, 2012 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the sci-fi aspect of this show but Fringe can’t do romantic storyline very well, so leave it aside lol. Evil!Nina is my new favorite character tbh.

Comment by Jen – February 20, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMFG!!!! There are no words to describe the brilliance of this epic masterpiece!! I have NEVER in my life seen such pure brilliance! I am speechless!Just the THOUGHT of there not being another season of this thing called Fringe that has consumed & became my life…..is driving me INSANE!!!!!!! Fox, WB, whoever that matters that will listen……you HAVE to continue this show! You don’t realize how much this show has become a huge part in SO MANY MILLIONS of people’s lives!! You created this monster we can’t live without so do what it takes to make it continue!! Shed Blood like Josh did or whatever it takes…JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Jennifer – February 20, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! I’m with you!

Comment by Suzanne – February 21, 2012 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You were spot on Jennifer!!! Best show by far on TV. Please keep it going.

Comment by Mary Youmans – February 21, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The evil Nina HAS to be alt-Nina.
    Unless I’m mistaken, in order for a shapeshifter to take the form of someone else they have to kill the other person in the process. Evil Nina therefore can’t be a shapeshifter

Comment by Grey – February 20, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • at first it thought nina was shapeshifted, but Alt-Nina being evil actually makes more sense, especially since DRJ is an evil rotten universe hopping scum. alt-nina would have a much easier time assuming original nina’s identity, because you know, she’s like, almost the same person. at massive dynamic, when nina has her hand scanned in the biometric scanner… was that her artificial hand? if so, that would further support the alt-nina theory. unless they chopped off/disconnected real nina’s hand and planted it on a shapeshifter i can’t see how she could be a shapeshifter. and YES of course they’re going to torture nina to get olivia to do what they want, but i honestly believe that the nina who raised olivia (whom i believe now has been held captive all season) is not in on anything, she’s more or less an innocent bystander.

Comment by cj – February 20, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • poor nina, she was tortured!!!! i dont want nina to die!!!!

Comment by mj2 – February 21, 2012 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see why this Nina can’t be the same Nina they spoke to at MD, ergo the real Nina. It has to be some time elapsed when they took Olivia to the place where they’re keeping them. Maybe in the meanwhile they also kidnapped Nina. I don’t really see the necessity for an alternate -or even shapeshifter- Nina.

Comment by DH – February 21, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember, there is no Alt-Nina.
    Nina. Is an observer. :D

Comment by Nethicus – February 21, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!! I hate when they cancel great shows. I have always said change stations instead.

Comment by Rena – February 21, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unfortunately, Fringe is starting to go off the rails. The storyline is becoming more and more murky, providing fewer and fewer answers to an ever-changing plot line with no possible satisfactory resolution in sight, a la “Lost.” Can’t say I’m surprised it’s being cancelled. Not sure I even care anymore.

Comment by Stuart – February 21, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fewer and fewer answers? What show have you been watching?

Comment by RKron – February 21, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dont want to read anymore and yes send fringe to cable or get virgin on board damn it im sick of these boring ass reality shows.

Comment by Dai abolical – February 21, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nina’s right arm is the mechanical one. But she wears a realistic fake skin “glove” thing over it (see the first episode where she pulls it off). Mostly a way of making it so they don’t have to animate a CGI robot hand on her all the time. That’s why she used her left hand for the biometric scanner, because the right is fake.
    Of course, assuming it’s a 2.0 shapeshifter, the shapeshifter’s right arm is also real and she’s just pretending because that’s what the arm the real Nina would have to do to use a biometric scanner…

Comment by Eric – February 21, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has woven itself into my dreams, my future, my fantasy life. It is so important to me! Please do not cancel this show; you will be making many people like me happy, enriching our demanding imaginations. I can’t take the rest of the TV pablum alone; with a gem like Fringe, my life is rich.

Comment by Emilyannbess – February 21, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So very true! Fringe fuels my week and provides excellent entertainment for the mind as the storyline tests various theories about human existence.

Comment by S.C. – February 23, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did u ever think that it’s Nina pretending to be captured too just so Olivia thinks she’s innocent? Or it could be alt nina.. But prime Nina lost her arm stopping Walter from crossing to save Peter in this timeline he died in rieden lake so she’d still have a prosthetic arm, which if u will recall isn’t. Very obvious… Since Olivia didn’t notice it for a while. This wait is killing me! Just when things finally worked out for Peter and Olivia relationship wise this happens! I certainly dnt love this timeline! Alter Broyles is evil! Nina is supposedly evil!

Comment by Ale – February 21, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh please be Friday!!! I am going insane, this show so addicting and awesome, I am going to need rehab, and will die if there isn’t at least a 13 episode 5th season!

Comment by dana – February 21, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe is a favorite. Just keep telling people to watch. Hoping it will continue, there is so much story to go.

Comment by Rick – February 21, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I, truly, hope that this show can continue on for years. It is THE ONLY show, on tv, that i, actually, look forward to seeing, all week. In my opinion, it is the BEST show on tv.

Comment by Fred Armstrong – February 21, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely ADORE this show. I completely agree with so many of the comments on here that said enough with the reality television shows already and let’s concentrate on great shows like Fringe. I really hope that WB and Fox come to an agreement and the show can continue for at least another season. Maybe they could put it on Netflix or cable after that if there’s still issues. Fingers crossed and FREAKING out waiting for Friday’s episode, I’m so interested to see what’s up in The Observer’s mind!

Comment by Sara – February 21, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WORDS CAN’T EVEN EXPLAIN MY EXCITEMENT! I love Peter/Olivia, and of course the sadistic side of me also loves tortured!Olivia… particularly because of the reactions it evokes in Peter. Plus, we FINALLY get to know more about The Observers!
    I do think it’s interesting that “Henry” was the glyph code for the most recent episode. I wonder if Peter and Fauxlivia’s baby will make a reappearance… Or what if Olivia’s pregnant?? :O I mean… she’s displaying some of the early signs. Aaaaand, the soundtrack for Peter and Olivia’s car scene- where Olivia expressed her (cockblocking ;P) need to pee- was also the one that played during Henry’s birth. Ooooh. Wild crazy theories here, peeps. Ha!

Comment by AngelMoonGirl – February 21, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG i’m excited

Comment by OscarAMtz – February 21, 2012 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, I would rather a show end on a good note than not have a proper (or no) ending at all. I know it sucks to lose a great show like “Fringe” but it would be worse if they try to suck as much revenue as possible, coming up with lazy stories.

Comment by Sperkowitz – February 21, 2012 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is always a possibility of more than 2 universes. So it really could be an Alt-Nina.

Comment by Drewzer – February 21, 2012 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post