Exclusive

Exclusive Fringe Sneak Peek: How Far Will [Spoiler] Go to Save [Spoiler]?

[The following contains spoilers from last night's Fringe.]
No thanks for the memories…?
On this week’s episode of Fox’s Fringe, coming off of that sudden smooch over vino and aromatic Damiano’s take-out, Olivia went on to reveal to Peter that she “remembered” everything, from the John Scott case that led her to Walter (and thus Peter) to Peter entering The Machine, and everything in between.

Fringe Exclusive: Lost‘s Henry Ian Cusick Cast as [Spoiler] – But in Which Universe?

Peter, though — ever the ethical soldier (and one with stupendous willpower, damn, boy!) — did his best to keep “his” Olivia at arm’s length. But at the close of the hour he succumbed to the “reunion” and embraced her full. And then….
Olivia’s bladder came calling. And no sooner had she ducked into the filling station loo than she disappeared — and later resurfaced captive in a dank room, in the company of (drumroll) the real Nina, confirming that the MD boss lady who tried to pass faux Cortexiphan off on Walter is either one of DRJ’s shapeshifters (or an evil alt-Nina).
How will Peter find Olivia? This exclusive look at an extended promo for next Friday’s Fringe teases the heck out of what’s to come.

1. Ali says:

This just makes me more excited for Friday’s episode. Man..I hate we have a 3 week hiatus after that.

2. panda says:

Sh*t i can’t wait……..

3. kirads09 says:

I am loving Fringe so much. Mixed emotions because I definitely sense they are bringing things to a close – as in Series finale – not season finale. :( But I can’t wait to see how everything plays out.

• S.C. says:

Instead, I believe that this episode, and the one next would, yes, reveal some answers, BUT, and it’s a big but, the storyline will open up to new sub-plots that we have never imagined would be there in the first place!
      Amazing Fringe!

• Libbyda says:

I so hope that’s not the case but I do understand where you’re coming from. I love this show so much I would be very disappointed if the network ended it. There isn’t very much on anymore to entertain the mind that isnt reality TV.

4. MnM says:

Such a crazy good episode!!!

5. Corinne says:

It’s ridiculous how excited I am by this teaser, can’t wait til next Friday. Sucks I can’t move through tine like an Observer.

6. robinepowell says:

A shape shift Nina Sharp. I didn’t even think of that…. Good storyline. ;)

• quinn says:

totally didnt pick up on that…

• Amy says:

If she were a shapeshifter, wouldn’t Nina be dead?
      I think it’s Nina from the other side

• shaun says:

I don’t think these new kind need to kill who they copy,or if they ever did.It was more convenient.

• Corinne says:

I could be wrong, but I thought the new ones were actually people who were turned into shapeshifters.

• RKron says:

That is correct. David Robert Jones recruited people to be turned into shapeshifter 2.0’s as stated in “Enemy of My Enemy”. I also think it’s more likely that the fake is Alt-Nina instead of shapeshifter-Nina, but I suppose that’s because I really want to meet Alt-Nina. Besides, when we saw the first shapeshifter 2.0 steal Danzig’s (Lincoln’s partner) identity, the guy died through the process not out of convenience.

• Dessy says:

She’s not a shapeshifter, she’s alternate Nina. A shapeshifter would have to kill the person they’re pretending to be.

• Ben Ragunton says:

We know from the “pre-machine” timelines that there was only one Nina (so said William Bell). We have every reason to believe that didn’t change after Peter did his magic with the Machine and brought about the bridge between the two universes.
        We also know that Nina’s original arm was lost due to the intra-dimensional experiments that Bell and Walter were doing in which Bell gave her a synthetic arm. There is no reason to believe that Peter’s work with the Machine erased or altered these events.
        When the other Nina used the bio-metric lock to get into the vaults at Massive Dynamic I saw (or at least I thought saw Nina expose both arms as being natural and not one of them being synthetic/mechanical. What does this suggest to me???
        The other Nina is a clone!
        It’s little hints like this which make Fringe such a worthwhile show to watch and re-watch!!!

• Tracy says:

Nina has both arms this whole season, I checked. You would think Lincoln and Walter would notice if she didn’t, then she did, there at MD. I still think the new shapeshifters kill their victims.

• Beverly says:

So right. I also noticed she used her left hand and thought something is so not right with Nina…

• Sean D says:

Ben, her arm was cut off when she tried to stop walter from crossing in the first place, and walter and nina seem to not be friendly in this timeline, which is suggestive of why she wasn’t there to try and stop him. That what I think anyway. From that we can assume she never got her arm cut off

• Walker says:

Nina still lost her arm in this timeline…in fact, it was her attempt to stop Walter (and the vial of medicine that was broken in the process) that led to Walter having such a hate-on for her…if she hadn’t tried to stop him, he could have saved over-there-Peter, and not had to bring him back (and he wouldn’t have drowned).
            The “real-flesh” hands of Nina are definetly a clue.

• Kelly says:

What makes you think that William Bell was telling the truth when he said that there was no alter-Nina? :S

7. ana says:

they can’t f*cking cancel that show! If the ratings are so bad move it to cable or something…

8. Jerry says:

I don’t think it’s a shapeshifter. Can the new ones transform without killing the original subject? I can’t remember if we were shown that or not. As far as I know, no.
    So what that means is – ALT-NINA!

• Amy says:

Yes! that’s what I think!
      It can’t be a shapeshifter! It’s Nina from the other side who’s been drugging Olivia!
      The Good Nina was with Olivia in that room at the end of the episode

• Rich says:

I think the Nina with Olivia is the alt-nina, because that way Jones can use her to manipulate Olivia, also he probably used her to switch the cortexiphan (sp) in the vault. Unless he had Walter’s vibration machine that allowed him to pass through the walls instead.

• vi says:

yes look at lincoln partner eps

9. Tom says:

I don’t think Nina is a shape shifter I think that’s Alt-Nina because otherwise how could it be a shape shifter w/o killing Nina?

• Kaibosh says:

I think they’re both shape shifters. The preview shows Nina getting tortured for some reason. I think she is also a shape shifter put there explicitly to influence Olivia.

10. Piper says:

CHILLS! I am so pumped for this episode that I feel almost sick! :)

11. majamababe says:

This is going to be a GREAT episode! They are answering questions in case the sow doesn’t get renewed. There was a previous article that said this year’s season finale would work as either a season or series final. Let’s just hope that it is just a season final and not series and that FOX renews.

• majamababe says:

oops! show not sow! sorry – too excited about next episode!

• forrest says:

Every season is written as its stand alone story. Discovery of the alt universe; dopplegangers from the red universe; the assembly of the machine and Peter’s history. This season is the ‘Wonderful Life’ version of the universe without Peter – then his re-introduction. The writers have refer to each season as chapters whole unto themselves. I’m sure this formula was designed not only for direction of story, but working with Fox, never knowing if there would be another season. Actually, a 13 episode season would be a new curve ball for the writers to deal with. I have confidence in their ability and hope for another full season. A 13 episode season would be another gift since this current season was in doubt at this time last year.

12. olga says:

Fringe is at its best again!!! I don’t care about the hiatus, I don’t care about the renewal.. I only want to watch the next episode!!!

13. Fey says:

I love this show, I pray to the universe it doesn’t get cancelled.

14. Jan says:

oh my god! Cannot wait for this episode! Fringe is one of the most captivating TV shows and need to continue! Please don’t cancel it!

15. GeoDiva says:

Holy Crap! Can not wait till next week’s episode! I really love this show!!!

16. Sarah says:

Screaming and shaking with ALL the emotions. These past few episodes have been so intense I feel like we’re all on LSD.

17. Elliot says:

Wow! What will this Nina say when this Olivia denies being raised by Nina since she thinks she’s Ourlivia? That will be a great scene!

18. Dessy says:

I love love LOVE Fringe.
    I find it very interesting that there are always re-dux(es?) of shows like Glee (ugh), grey’s anatomy (double ugh) e.t.c that a fly could understand while the beautiful, complex, intricate masterpiece that is fringe is never recapped here on tvline.
    I’m not saying the show doesn’t get coverage here, it does. There are many exclusive promos here and stuff, but not enough. As usual, Fringe is not getting the recognition it so rightly deserves.
    Anyway, last episode was AWESOME and I can’t wait for this one!!!!

19. Yves says:

Hands-down the best show on television. If the ratings are low it’s because the ‘brow’ is high. In other words, it takes viewers of above average intelligence to grasp the show’s concepts. Most of our country is too dumb to get it. They’re busy pumping up the ratings on reality TV. Does anyone know when the season finale (wishful thinking–i.e. not series finale) is?

• Jennifer says:

The “SEASON” (notice my optimistic attitude):)finale will be May 11th. And I TOTALLY AGREE with everything you said! I think ALL of the singing, cartoons (which should be for children like it was when I was growing up!) and the STUPID reality shows about all these housewives lives as though anyone cares, & knowing its ALL made up for entertainment, should be OFF the air & people should start using their minds to think, i.e. Fringe. If the people that make the decisions on what programs should be on TV would take a look at ALL of these sites regarding Fringe & the replies from ALL over the world…they would realize that there are still people with brain functions!

20. Carson says:

If Peter does see everything the Observer has seen then will he not discover he had a son with fauxliva?

• Amy says:

If you read the Beyond the Fringe comics, which are canon btw, you’ll see Peter does know he has a child with Fauxlivia.

• Lidya says:

Oh gawd..I really hope they don’t go with the baby plot, despite the fact that the glyph spelled from last Friday’s episode was “Henry”.
        Please no more torture for Peter and Olivia.

21. Robin says:

This promo is awesome! I’m excited about getting answers but I also think it is likely we’ll still have lots of questions!

22. Liz says:

I try to avoid any spoilery promos but this is soooo tempting….

23. Ainav says:

I may have just jumped out of my chair with excitement.

24. Sarabi says:

More people should watch Fringe! It’s great!

25. Zepp says:

Peter, must be desperate. And, not less. Now, it seems that he “found”, “their” Olivia, she goes to the toilet, and disappears! What will Peter now?

26. Lipstick Commando says:

Can not wait!!!! Keep the awesome coming!

27. Amy says:

Amazing! I can’t wait. This season is now in high gear. Just in time for another hiatus. Sigh.

28. Pedja says:

Just to say i have never watchd beter seria in my life !!!!
    greetings from Serbia, and keep up… !!!!!!

29. Matt says:

They are setting up a very exciting conclusion to the series as there is very little doubt it will be canceled. It’s been a great run.

• DotDot says:

It seems like that, and just a short afterseason 5, will be an anticlimax.
      Please give Olivia her ability and importance back, away from being petersgirfriend.
      More Olivia and Nina together from now on, and Olivia back being the fighter, the hero and active saving the world.

30. Jen says:

I love the sci-fi aspect of this show but Fringe can’t do romantic storyline very well, so leave it aside lol. Evil!Nina is my new favorite character tbh.

31. Jennifer says:

OMFG!!!! There are no words to describe the brilliance of this epic masterpiece!! I have NEVER in my life seen such pure brilliance! I am speechless!Just the THOUGHT of there not being another season of this thing called Fringe that has consumed & became my life…..is driving me INSANE!!!!!!! Fox, WB, whoever that matters that will listen……you HAVE to continue this show! You don’t realize how much this show has become a huge part in SO MANY MILLIONS of people’s lives!! You created this monster we can’t live without so do what it takes to make it continue!! Shed Blood like Josh did or whatever it takes…JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. Grey says:

The evil Nina HAS to be alt-Nina.
    Unless I’m mistaken, in order for a shapeshifter to take the form of someone else they have to kill the other person in the process. Evil Nina therefore can’t be a shapeshifter

33. cj says:

at first it thought nina was shapeshifted, but Alt-Nina being evil actually makes more sense, especially since DRJ is an evil rotten universe hopping scum. alt-nina would have a much easier time assuming original nina’s identity, because you know, she’s like, almost the same person. at massive dynamic, when nina has her hand scanned in the biometric scanner… was that her artificial hand? if so, that would further support the alt-nina theory. unless they chopped off/disconnected real nina’s hand and planted it on a shapeshifter i can’t see how she could be a shapeshifter. and YES of course they’re going to torture nina to get olivia to do what they want, but i honestly believe that the nina who raised olivia (whom i believe now has been held captive all season) is not in on anything, she’s more or less an innocent bystander.

34. mj2 says:

poor nina, she was tortured!!!! i dont want nina to die!!!!

35. DH says:

I don’t see why this Nina can’t be the same Nina they spoke to at MD, ergo the real Nina. It has to be some time elapsed when they took Olivia to the place where they’re keeping them. Maybe in the meanwhile they also kidnapped Nina. I don’t really see the necessity for an alternate -or even shapeshifter- Nina.

36. Nethicus says:

Remember, there is no Alt-Nina.
    Nina. Is an observer. :D

37. Rena says:

Yes!! I hate when they cancel great shows. I have always said change stations instead.

38. Stuart says:

Unfortunately, Fringe is starting to go off the rails. The storyline is becoming more and more murky, providing fewer and fewer answers to an ever-changing plot line with no possible satisfactory resolution in sight, a la “Lost.” Can’t say I’m surprised it’s being cancelled. Not sure I even care anymore.

39. Dai abolical says:

Dont want to read anymore and yes send fringe to cable or get virgin on board damn it im sick of these boring ass reality shows.

40. Eric says:

Nina’s right arm is the mechanical one. But she wears a realistic fake skin “glove” thing over it (see the first episode where she pulls it off). Mostly a way of making it so they don’t have to animate a CGI robot hand on her all the time. That’s why she used her left hand for the biometric scanner, because the right is fake.
    Of course, assuming it’s a 2.0 shapeshifter, the shapeshifter’s right arm is also real and she’s just pretending because that’s what the arm the real Nina would have to do to use a biometric scanner…

41. Emilyannbess says:

This show has woven itself into my dreams, my future, my fantasy life. It is so important to me! Please do not cancel this show; you will be making many people like me happy, enriching our demanding imaginations. I can’t take the rest of the TV pablum alone; with a gem like Fringe, my life is rich.

• S.C. says:

So very true! Fringe fuels my week and provides excellent entertainment for the mind as the storyline tests various theories about human existence.

42. Ale says:

Did u ever think that it’s Nina pretending to be captured too just so Olivia thinks she’s innocent? Or it could be alt nina.. But prime Nina lost her arm stopping Walter from crossing to save Peter in this timeline he died in rieden lake so she’d still have a prosthetic arm, which if u will recall isn’t. Very obvious… Since Olivia didn’t notice it for a while. This wait is killing me! Just when things finally worked out for Peter and Olivia relationship wise this happens! I certainly dnt love this timeline! Alter Broyles is evil! Nina is supposedly evil!

43. dana says:

Oh please be Friday!!! I am going insane, this show so addicting and awesome, I am going to need rehab, and will die if there isn’t at least a 13 episode 5th season!

44. Rick says:

Fringe is a favorite. Just keep telling people to watch. Hoping it will continue, there is so much story to go.

45. Fred Armstrong says:

I, truly, hope that this show can continue on for years. It is THE ONLY show, on tv, that i, actually, look forward to seeing, all week. In my opinion, it is the BEST show on tv.

46. Sara says:

I absolutely ADORE this show. I completely agree with so many of the comments on here that said enough with the reality television shows already and let’s concentrate on great shows like Fringe. I really hope that WB and Fox come to an agreement and the show can continue for at least another season. Maybe they could put it on Netflix or cable after that if there’s still issues. Fingers crossed and FREAKING out waiting for Friday’s episode, I’m so interested to see what’s up in The Observer’s mind!

47. AngelMoonGirl says:

WORDS CAN’T EVEN EXPLAIN MY EXCITEMENT! I love Peter/Olivia, and of course the sadistic side of me also loves tortured!Olivia… particularly because of the reactions it evokes in Peter. Plus, we FINALLY get to know more about The Observers!
    I do think it’s interesting that “Henry” was the glyph code for the most recent episode. I wonder if Peter and Fauxlivia’s baby will make a reappearance… Or what if Olivia’s pregnant?? :O I mean… she’s displaying some of the early signs. Aaaaand, the soundtrack for Peter and Olivia’s car scene- where Olivia expressed her (cockblocking ;P) need to pee- was also the one that played during Henry’s birth. Ooooh. Wild crazy theories here, peeps. Ha!

48. OscarAMtz says:

OMG i’m excited

49. Sperkowitz says:

Honestly, I would rather a show end on a good note than not have a proper (or no) ending at all. I know it sucks to lose a great show like “Fringe” but it would be worse if they try to suck as much revenue as possible, coming up with lazy stories.

50. Drewzer says:

There is always a possibility of more than 2 universes. So it really could be an Alt-Nina.