Scoop: Felicity Grad Scott Speedman Joins Shawn Ryan's ABC Drama Pilot Last Resort

Scott Speedman Last ResortScott Speedman has been lured back to the small screen.

The Felicity alum — who has turned down many a pilot offer in recent years — has joined Andre Braugher in Last Resort, an ABC drama pilot being exec-produced by Shawn Ryan (The ShieldThe Unit) and penned by Ryan and Karl Gajdusek (Dead Like Me).

Set in the not-so-distant future, Last Resort follows the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who become fugitives after refusing to fire their missiles. Ultimately, they make camp on an island that hosts a NATO listening station and declare themselves an independent nuclear nation.

Speedman would play Sam, the “beating heart of the boat” who knows every sailor and officer by name. Second-in-command to Braugher’s captain, he feels conflicted about leaving his wife behind on the mainland.

The cast also includes Autumn Reeser (No Ordinary Family) and Daisy Betts (Persons Unknown).

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots

1. Danielle H says:

I get that some people are really excited about this.. but I just think it sounds awful. That being said, I can see it being big.

• luke says:

at this point i think it’s going to come down to the names that are attached to it.
      the first time i saw the description all i could think was that it’s a weird, military twist on the swiss family robinson. we’ll see what actually happens…

• Pat says:

The premise does sound a little weird, but it’s Shawn Ryan! The man has never done anything that isn’t great. Plus the cast looks great. I’m excited

2. Jem says:

I love Scott Speedman, not only would I follow him to New York, I would also wreck havoc on the lycans and vampires. This seems easier.

3. Renda says:

I’ve been waiting almost 10 years for Ben Covington to return to my TV. I would watch him read the dictionary as long as he was wearing a signature Ben flannel shirt.

4. Nicky C says:

Scott Speedman! I loved him in Underworld. Unfortunately this ABC pilot sounds like it will tank.

5. Elizabeth says:

Ooh, Scott Speedman. In the late 90s-early 00s when it seemed every young girl loved Leo Dicaprio, I had the hots for Scott.
    Still smile at the thought of Felicity and how much I loved that show…and Ben Covington.
    So, Scott’s addition to the cast will make me watch.

6. soarin829 says:

Best. News. EVER!!!!!!!!!!

7. MAssiel says:

IM SO EXCITED TO SEE SCOTT SPEEDMAN AGAIN EVERY WEEK, HES BEEN ABSENT FROM SCREEN FOR WAY TO LONG. AS A FELICITY SUPER FAN I WILL BE WATCHING EVEN IF THE SOW SUCKS

8. sarah says:

Okay so I was super excited to see Scott Speedman’s name on here…then I opened up the link to read about the show and NOW I am sad as I will not wacth the show if it gets picked up for the season. It is not my type of show