Scoop: Felicity Grad Scott Speedman Joins Shawn Ryan's ABC Drama Pilot Last Resort

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Scott Speedman Last ResortScott Speedman has been lured back to the small screen.

The Felicity alum — who has turned down many a pilot offer in recent years — has joined Andre Braugher in Last Resort, an ABC drama pilot being exec-produced by Shawn Ryan (The ShieldThe Unit) and penned by Ryan and Karl Gajdusek (Dead Like Me).

Set in the not-so-distant future, Last Resort follows the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who become fugitives after refusing to fire their missiles. Ultimately, they make camp on an island that hosts a NATO listening station and declare themselves an independent nuclear nation.

Speedman would play Sam, the “beating heart of the boat” who knows every sailor and officer by name. Second-in-command to Braugher’s captain, he feels conflicted about leaving his wife behind on the mainland.

The cast also includes Autumn Reeser (No Ordinary Family) and Daisy Betts (Persons Unknown).

Comments (13)

• I get that some people are really excited about this.. but I just think it sounds awful. That being said, I can see it being big.

Comment by Danielle H – February 17, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • at this point i think it’s going to come down to the names that are attached to it.
      the first time i saw the description all i could think was that it’s a weird, military twist on the swiss family robinson. we’ll see what actually happens…

Comment by luke – February 17, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The premise does sound a little weird, but it’s Shawn Ryan! The man has never done anything that isn’t great. Plus the cast looks great. I’m excited

Comment by Pat – February 18, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Scott Speedman, not only would I follow him to New York, I would also wreck havoc on the lycans and vampires. This seems easier.

Comment by Jem – February 17, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We saw Underworld last weekend and I was wondering what ever happened to him! He just disappeared a few years ago.

Comment by Ash – February 18, 2012 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He appeared as the love enemy of Channing Tatum in The Vow.

Comment by shaun – February 18, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been waiting almost 10 years for Ben Covington to return to my TV. I would watch him read the dictionary as long as he was wearing a signature Ben flannel shirt.

Comment by Renda – February 17, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scott Speedman! I loved him in Underworld. Unfortunately this ABC pilot sounds like it will tank.

Comment by Nicky C – February 17, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooh, Scott Speedman. In the late 90s-early 00s when it seemed every young girl loved Leo Dicaprio, I had the hots for Scott.
    Still smile at the thought of Felicity and how much I loved that show…and Ben Covington.
    So, Scott’s addition to the cast will make me watch.

Comment by Elizabeth – February 17, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best. News. EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by soarin829 – February 17, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IM SO EXCITED TO SEE SCOTT SPEEDMAN AGAIN EVERY WEEK, HES BEEN ABSENT FROM SCREEN FOR WAY TO LONG. AS A FELICITY SUPER FAN I WILL BE WATCHING EVEN IF THE SOW SUCKS

Comment by MAssiel – February 18, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay so I was super excited to see Scott Speedman’s name on here…then I opened up the link to read about the show and NOW I am sad as I will not wacth the show if it gets picked up for the season. It is not my type of show

Comment by sarah – February 20, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post