Tree Hill Hot Shots: Chad Michael Murray Returns!

Get More: Photo Gallery, Previews

Chad Michael Murray (or quite possibly some unfortunately coiffed guy impersonating him) makes his triumphant return to One Tree Hill this Wednesday at 8/7c, and we’ve got a first look at his hotly-anticipated homecoming.
In the wake of his brother Nathan’s disappearance, Lucas comes back to Tree Hill to lend a hand to his grieving friend, Haley. The reunion is brief, but poignant — as is demonstrated in the photos below — and will surely add a nice touch to the long-running CW saga’s final season.
Are you excited to (finally) see Murray back on One Tree Hill? Hit the comments!

Comments (48)

• I’m glad for his return, but come on, what is up with the hair ?

Comment by Tr – February 17, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What? He looks just like he did on “Freaky Friday”.

Comment by Michael – February 17, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The hairstyle is foul. Great to see him back though.

Comment by Brock – February 18, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i think he had to have it like that cause he wasnt able to cut if for something else..

Comment by Rose – February 22, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, i hate it. Also, he cop was in OTH before as a bball extra when Nathan gets called up to the NBA..Season 6 ep 24.

Comment by Liss – February 24, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please someone tells me that all his scenes do not take place in the airport?

Comment by AJ – February 17, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I’m afraid of too. It seems like he get off the plane, says “that’s okay” to Haley and then jets off.

Comment by Captain – February 18, 2012 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lucas comes back to comfort Haley AND he takes Jamie and Lydia to New Zealand with him :( He takes them while Haley looks for Nathan. Jamie and Lydia come back to Tree Hill when Nate gets rescued :)

Comment by Maria – February 18, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy is finally back for at list on episode but……
    What’s going on with his hair?????????????

Comment by AT – February 17, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m afraid they do.
    He also has scenes with Quinn, but that’s all. According to Zap2it and E!.

Comment by jamie – February 17, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously? No scenes with Brooke or, especially, Nathan? Lucas and Nathan’s brotherly relationship and how it grew from hatred in the first season was one of the most compelling on the show. I thought he would at least stick around until they found Nathan. What is he in Tree Hill Airport on a layover or something?

Comment by AJ – February 17, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was extremely disappointed to know that too.
        James wasn’t in town when Chad was (so they couldn’t shoot a flashback or anything).
        And Chad had a busy schedule promoting his book, so we’re lucky he came back at all.

Comment by jamie – February 18, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lucas has scenes with Haley, Jamie, baby Lydia and Quinn :)

Comment by Maria – February 18, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Eh, Chad and Sophia probably don’t want to do any scenes together – the vibe between them has never been okay after their divorce. Of course, Chad’s adultery and Sophia’s bedding every other male co-star on set didn’t help…

Comment by Gabriella – February 19, 2012 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What was the point of his return if it was so brief…? I appreciate the return in the final season, but don’t appreciate it if it will be so lackluster.

Comment by Tara – February 17, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you would think that since its the final season they would bring back him, peyton, and no-longer-baby, sawyer.
    the best part of that show has always been lucas and peyton. I would have really liked to have seen how far they have come since leaving tree hill, and i would have also liked to have seen them return on a better note.

Comment by Liz – February 17, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she wouldnt come back she is on white collar now.

Comment by Allison – February 17, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hos hair is like that for his role in the movie Renee

Comment by Skye – February 17, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love that Lucas is back!!!!

Comment by Acorkle – February 17, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just happy to get some LH scenes! Couldn’t care less about Peyton and LP.

Comment by Lisa – February 17, 2012 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Peyton, no interest.

Comment by AcE – February 17, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blame Hilarie.
      They’ve asked her to return three times. Each time she’s lied and said she was busy.
      White Collar wasn’t shooting when OTH was filming Brooke’s wedding or the series finale.

Comment by Jamie – February 18, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yeah!! he comes back…stopped seeing one tree hill wen lucas left…nw hav to read the remaining episodes to know the story and start seeing one tree hill

Comment by adi – February 17, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t go through the trouble. He will on be back for this one episode.

Comment by Amanda – February 17, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love CMM was super sad to see him and Hilarie Burton leave the show it hasn’t been the same without Lucas and Peyton….. but seriously dude what is with that hair it’s almost as bad as Nathans hair in season five

Comment by Staci – February 17, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still think when he left the show should of ended

Comment by Michael – February 17, 2012 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It continues to baffle me that a show that made you famous you cannot make time for. Luckily he seemed to have relented and did this apparently short (but much hyped) scene for the final season–but seriously…can’t give the show that made you three days of work? Should have seen them both back, for a semi-substantial little arc, even if only one ep.

Comment by Tara – February 17, 2012 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If he only stays briefly and doesn’t even get screen time with Brooke, I will lose my mind.. We’ve been waiting along time for this so please don’t jip us! Also, he finally comes back and has to come with THAT ‘do? Ah whatever, I’ll take it anyway.

Comment by Annie – February 17, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I completely agree with liz… I miss Lucas and peyton. It would be nice if they brought them back for a few episodes.

Comment by Janne – February 17, 2012 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very happy to see Lucas back! I just wish it was for longer than one episode. Even though Nathan is my favorite, I have really missed Lucas these last couple of seasons.

Comment by C.C. – February 17, 2012 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • weirdest hair of all time (including those phases in seasons 3 and 4)

Comment by Bowie – February 18, 2012 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At the end of the day who will be the Jen Lindley of OTH?

Comment by dee123 – February 18, 2012 02:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy to see CMM back but I agree with a certain common comment on here, what the hell is up with his hair?

Comment by Kat – February 18, 2012 04:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doesn’t anybody else think CMM looks like David Caruso’s love child???

Comment by Larry McD – February 18, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • God, YES!
      I’ve been saying this for a long time!

Comment by Sarabi – February 19, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If George Clooney and Julianna Margulies could both make time for ER when it had its final season, how come Hilarie and Chad couldn’t make time for OTH’s?

Comment by KD – February 18, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoy the heck out of the fact Chad’s hair is different simply because his hair ALWAYS changed during his time on the show. It’s pretty funny actually. Lucas Scott cant make up his mind about his Hair and thats just an entertaining fact about his character. There is a lot we really don’t know about Chad & Hilarie Burton leaving the show. I’ve heard a ton of things like The CW didn’t want them anymore or weren’t willing to pay them enough but what I do know is since leaving the Show Chad has always said he wanted to come back if his schedule allowed and he did that and I’m happy about it. AS far as Peyton, well it sucks but with the way her portrayer left the show, is on another show it’s not surprising we wouldn’t see her.

Comment by Rob – February 18, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I lost interest in one tree hill when Chad was kicked off. Now I can’t wait to watch him again. Hope I get to see that friendship spirit among all the cast one more time.

Comment by Blessing D – February 18, 2012 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am excited to see chad return to tree hill.

Comment by Ashley – February 19, 2012 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s not a good thing.

Comment by Russ – February 19, 2012 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eh, no Hilarie, no interest. Plus, the fact that Chad only has scenes with Joy is stupid. I couldn’t care less about Lucas’ scenes with Brooke but Lucas and Nathan’s relationship is what the whole stupid show was based on!

Comment by Ella – February 19, 2012 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ooh so going to watch that episode!but still kinda sad that they didnt make a proper reunion.. i mean I agree, I think he should have a scene with the rest of the cast too.. especially nathan..i mean they were the main storyline in season 1 ..n to see how far theyve come since then.. n they r not gonna reunite especially since the series is ending..is kinda sad..n still bummed that peyton n their baby is not gonna make an appearance! :(

Comment by willa – February 20, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • whats up with the hair chad? its like freaky friday all over again! n no nathan n lucas scenes? they said that the last episode is going to revisit the 1st season n what oth was based on..but seriously, for me and im sure everyone else who watched the show since the 1st episode know that oth started on the story about two brothers..n they wont have a scene together?wth…

Comment by fiona – February 20, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man I. Wish Luke was back for a while like two shows at least he’s back cant wait

Comment by Rame Italiano – February 20, 2012 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it would’ve been cool if they had done an episode focusing on what happened to Lucas and Peyton just to close out that story line.
    And thank god they finally get rid of that annoying kid.

Comment by Alice – February 21, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so he comes back and only has scenes at the airport? this is retarded.. i’ve made excuses for the show but this is just awful mark you suck..

Comment by Jenn – February 21, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post