Pilot Scoop: Ugly Betty's Ana Ortiz Joins Marc Cherry Soap, Greek Vet to ABC Drama and More

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Ugly Betty alumna Ana Ortiz is headed back to ABC with a starring role on Marc Cherry‘s latest sudser, Devious Maids.

Ortiz has been tapped to play Marisol, a housekeeper with a secret: She’s actually a college-educated woman who is working in an upscale Beverly Hills neighborhood in hopes of uncovering the truth behind her son’s recent murder conviction. Heroes/Entourage vet Dania Ramirez is set to co-star as a fellow maid.

Our sister site Deadline first reported the scoop.

In other pilot news…

• Greek‘s Scott Michael Foster has joined the cast of ABC’s drama pilot Zero Hour, which centers on the longtime editor of a magazine for skeptics who finds himself in the middle of a major conspiracy. Foster will play a staffer at the mag, Deadline reports.

• Julie White (Law & Order: SVU, Transformers) has nabbed the first role in NBC’s Go On, a comedy from former Friends exec producer Scott Silveri. Per Deadline, the single-camera project follows a sportscaster who, while trying to move on from a loss, finds solace in his mandatory group-therapy sessions. White is set to play a widow stuck in the anger stage of grief.

Which pilot castings have your interest piqued?

Comments (11)

• Nadine velazquez and Eva Mendes should fill out the cast. I would love Eva Longoria to do it but I’d doubt she’d take on another tv role so soon.

Comment by Elle – February 17, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Scott Michael Foster was about to show up on The River. This makes me kind of nervous – I hope this is his second, or that he isn’t supposed to be a regular on The River. I really love that show, and if it doesn’t get renewed, I’ll be really sad.

Comment by Bailey – February 17, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was wondering the same thing!!

Comment by Dwayne – February 17, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she doesn’t play up the accent like she did on Ugly Betty, because she always kinda annoyed me on that show. I just want some frothy, watchable TV to come around this Fall, because my pickins are slim right now!!

Comment by Danielle H – February 17, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Devious Maids I did not want to be interested in you. Now that Ana Ortiz is signed on as one of the leads I am officially rooting for this show.

Comment by Michael – February 17, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scott Michael Foster is only a recurring character on The River

Comment by Wolf – February 17, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • we need roselyn sanchez & eva longoria to finish out the maids roles. who agrees? :-)

Comment by james – February 17, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can someone please get America to come back? Be it in the Good wife or whatever else?
    Ps- The Good Wife is a prime example of a show with a strong plot and a awesome casting director.

Comment by Theo – February 18, 2012 03:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scott’s doing really well for himself after Greek. I was hoping he might go a more comedy route again soon but hey he rocks drama too.

Comment by Paige – February 18, 2012 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t going to watch Devious Maids, but now I’ll be sure to give it a try. LOVE Ana Ortiz since Betty!

Comment by Jon – February 18, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • zero hour sounds like the replacement for The River. Magazine editor instead of a TV host, conspiracy/ paranormal/ “Lost” type show? Makes me think they don’t plan to keep The River if they have this show in their back pocket, then again they may not end up using it.

Comment by Sarah – February 20, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post