Pilot Scoop: Ugly Betty's Ana Ortiz Joins Marc Cherry Soap, Greek Vet to ABC Drama and More

Ugly Betty alumna Ana Ortiz is headed back to ABC with a starring role on Marc Cherry‘s latest sudser, Devious Maids.

Ortiz has been tapped to play Marisol, a housekeeper with a secret: She’s actually a college-educated woman who is working in an upscale Beverly Hills neighborhood in hopes of uncovering the truth behind her son’s recent murder conviction. Heroes/Entourage vet Dania Ramirez is set to co-star as a fellow maid.

Our sister site Deadline first reported the scoop.

In other pilot news…

• Greek‘s Scott Michael Foster has joined the cast of ABC’s drama pilot Zero Hour, which centers on the longtime editor of a magazine for skeptics who finds himself in the middle of a major conspiracy. Foster will play a staffer at the mag, Deadline reports.

• Julie White (Law & Order: SVU, Transformers) has nabbed the first role in NBC’s Go On, a comedy from former Friends exec producer Scott Silveri. Per Deadline, the single-camera project follows a sportscaster who, while trying to move on from a loss, finds solace in his mandatory group-therapy sessions. White is set to play a widow stuck in the anger stage of grief.

Which pilot castings have your interest piqued?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots

1. Elle says:

Nadine velazquez and Eva Mendes should fill out the cast. I would love Eva Longoria to do it but I’d doubt she’d take on another tv role so soon.

2. Bailey says:

I thought Scott Michael Foster was about to show up on The River. This makes me kind of nervous – I hope this is his second, or that he isn’t supposed to be a regular on The River. I really love that show, and if it doesn’t get renewed, I’ll be really sad.

3. Dwayne says:

Was wondering the same thing!!

4. Danielle H says:

I hope she doesn’t play up the accent like she did on Ugly Betty, because she always kinda annoyed me on that show. I just want some frothy, watchable TV to come around this Fall, because my pickins are slim right now!!

5. Michael says:

Devious Maids I did not want to be interested in you. Now that Ana Ortiz is signed on as one of the leads I am officially rooting for this show.

6. Wolf says:

Scott Michael Foster is only a recurring character on The River

7. james says:

we need roselyn sanchez & eva longoria to finish out the maids roles. who agrees? :-)

8. Theo says:

Can someone please get America to come back? Be it in the Good wife or whatever else?
    Ps- The Good Wife is a prime example of a show with a strong plot and a awesome casting director.

9. Paige says:

Scott’s doing really well for himself after Greek. I was hoping he might go a more comedy route again soon but hey he rocks drama too.

10. Jon says:

I wasn’t going to watch Devious Maids, but now I’ll be sure to give it a try. LOVE Ana Ortiz since Betty!

11. Sarah says:

zero hour sounds like the replacement for The River. Magazine editor instead of a TV host, conspiracy/ paranormal/ “Lost” type show? Makes me think they don’t plan to keep The River if they have this show in their back pocket, then again they may not end up using it.