NBC's Awake: Watch the Premiere Here and Now!

NBC’s second big premiere for midseason, the riveting drama Awake, makes its broadcast premiere on Thursday, March 1 at 10/9c — but for those who’ve been itching to check out the well-reviewed newbie, you can open your eyes here and now and check out the entire first episode online.

NBC Schedule Scoop: The Firm Out, Awake In on Thursdays

Created by Kyle Killen (Lone Star), Awake stars Jason Isaacs (Brotherhood) as Michael Britten, a homicide detective who in the wake of a tragic car crashes toggles between two realities — one in which his wife (Terriers‘ Laura Allen) perished, and another where it was his son (Lost’s Dylan Minnette) who died. Similarly, his detective partners (The Practice‘s Steve Harris vs.That ’70s Show’s Wilmer Valderrama) differ from reality to reality, yet the cases they work share some eerily similar aspects.
Framing Michael’s surreal journey are therapy sessions with distinct shrinks, played by Cherry Jones (24) and B.D. Wong (Law & Order: SVU). They each labor to explain that there is no way both realities can in fact be real, yet Michael begs to differ.

Casting News: Alias Favorite to Haunt NBC’s Awake

My First Impression of Awake will post within the coming week, after I delve into Episodes 2-4 (having already re-rewatched the pilot). In the meantime, check out the premiere here and tell us what you think.

1. Jack says:

The pilot for Awake is phenomenal.

2. HG says:

I HATE geo restrictions! >.<

3. Everyone outside the US says:

We’re sorry, but the clip you selected is not available from your location. Please select another clip.
    And we’ll tell you the same thing.

4. Kerry bo berry says:

I blame LOST for all of these parallel universe shows like Alcatraz, Once Upon A Time and now Awake, etc. Blah…

• Ben says:

Loved Lost, Loving OUAT, and Awake looks to also be right up my alley. If Lost is to blame, thank you Lost! You can always choose to watch something else.

(Btw – Fringe has parallel universes. Lost never did. It might have faked out like it did in season 6, but in the end the entire show was one continuous and unchanging timeline.)

• Mike says:

Yeah, actually the ONLY show mentioned there that we know has multiple universes is FRINGE. But yes, LOST is the reason that there are people out there trying to make more SMART television that challenges people to think and encourages discussion about the show. There’s nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.

• Ben says:

Well said, Mike. Long may this area of smart television last, even if we have to fight every year for programmes like Fringe to survive.

• Mellie says:

Amen! I am loving Alcatraz and Once Upon a Time… And Awake seems incredible just based on the promo I’ve seen, so I’ll keep my high-hopes up for it.
          I guess what we should be saying is thank you J. J. Abrams for creating Lost and it setting the bar of not only smart television, but television that allows the audience to participate on such a miraculous level… Let’s not forget the whole movie-quality thing: From the acting, the writing, the staging of the show… Lost broke some major ground, whether you liked it or not.
          And of course Fringe for showing how the whole alternate universes thing, which has done plenty of good for TV this year, can work when you have an extremely talented cast of writers and actors.

• tarc says:

I’m with Mike – they shouldn’t be making televsions for the lowest common denominator: those that won’t (or aren’t bright enough) to follow along a pretty basic plot.

• Ariel says:

Don’t like it. Don’t watch it. Those of us that love such shows really don’t care about people who think intelligent TV is blah. Perhaps reality TV is more your speed.

• ultimate troll says:

Well, technically speaking Once Upon a Time is not a parallel universe thing. The events in fairytale land happened in the past – then everyone was curse and forced to exist in storybrook whatever – then emma showed up and the clock ticked. Nothing parallel except the storytelling which lost can’t actually be credited/blamed for.
      but AWAKE looks awesome, don’t it…

5. Robin says:

LOL just posted on another one of your posts asking when AWAKE will premier! So excited to finally see this show!!!!

6. yours truly says:

BD Wong’s name does not have punctuation in it! Just BD!

7. the girl says:

This looks amazing. I have been waiting for this show to premiere and I was not disappointed. Unfortunately Private Practice has me at 10 pm on Thurs. I hope this show gets great ratings so I don’t have to be worried about watching it live, because I will watch it On Demand or online every Friday without fail.

8. Marc says:

Please, please, please do not let it be that, in the end, he’s in a coma or dead and his wife and son are both alive. That would be such a cliched and predictable plot twist given the similar plotlines on TV and in the movies over the past 15 or 20 years. The again, this is NBC, which recycled a couple of 20 concepts on Thursday at 10 already this season. That said, at least is looks interesting. I just hope it is sustainable, unlike that Journeyman and My Own Worst Enemy. Then again, I’d be just as happy if Jason Isaacs can do more than just two new episodes of Case Histories.

9. Eli says:

Does anyone have a link for people who don’t live in the USA?

10. Sandra says:

Wow, that is phenomenal. Please TV gods let this get decent ratings so NBC doesn’t cancel it! If the rest of the episodes hold up as well as this one did it will be an amazing show.

11. Keren says:

If ever they do a Sound of Music remake, they should cast Jason Isaacs as Captain Von Trapp, don’t you agree?

12. Keren says:

This show was great, but I’m wondering if the premise would be better as a mini-series, because we’ll want him to be happy and the 1/2 existence that he’s living in would event get old.

13. Linderella says:

It was terrific – I just hope it can be sustained with the same level of intensity. Jason Isaacs is awesome – loved him in The State Within (available on Netflix) and Case Histories on PBS. Great to see Steve Harris and BD Wong in strong roles. NBC needs to give it time instead of pulling the kill switch like they’re known to do.

14. Alex says:

Amazing pilot….let’s just hope that enough people watch that we get to see more episodes…the time slot is a bit troubling given that Prime Suspect and The Firm already failed there this season, but I’ll try to stay optimistic.

15. tks says:

Thanks!. It’s worth checking out.

16. Krystie says:

Ooooh, I am so excited to watch this! But I live in Canada and hulu only airs to americans! I will just have to wait until the air date to watch this. I was so disappointed when this show didn’t make the fall line up. And i hope (like another poster I saw) that the ending isn’t predictable!!

17. cloverbarnes says:

too complicated, can’t find anything to connect to.

18. Tiffany says:

That was fabulous. I can’t wait to see more!

19. Kim says:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr NBC… let Canada watch online as well geez..

20. Kristin says:

Pilot was quite intriguing, but this is a plot for a movie or miniseries, not an ongoing TV show. And there’s no way they will end it satisfactorily. Best possible ending would be that at the moment he was confronted with the death of whichever one actually died, his refusal to accept that split off the alternate reality, he is moving between them and experiencing both, and the show ends with him finding a way to collapse the two realities into one.
    Second best would be that he is actually the one that died, and what we are seeing are the dreams of his wife and son respectively of a reality in which HE lived. That’s a bit iffy because we virtually always only dream from our own POV, but it could work.
    Fact is that the epic failure that was the LOST finale pretty much dissuaded me from ever getting invested in a show again, so I think I’m not going to stick around to watch them ruin this one.

21. le tabarnak says:

it’s everyone else fault if you’re a fan of boring shows like CIS, House,Grey’s Anatomy or Bones where every episode has to be the exact same so YOU can follow the plot…