Scoop: Ugly Betty's Michael Urie to Star in CBS' Partners Pilot From Will & Grace Creators

Michael Urie PartnersThis is shaping up to be the Best. Pilot. Season. Ever.

Ugly Betty alum and Spoiler Alert! premiere guest Michael Urie has landed one of the male leads in Partners, the CBS comedy pilot from Will & Grace creators David Kohan and Max Mutchnick.

Partners follows two architects — Charlie is straight, Louis (Urie) gay — whose friendship has lasted longer than either of their romantic relationships and almost seems like a weird marriage. When Charlie decides to propose to his girlfriend (One Tree Hill‘s Sophia Bush), Louis’ neurotic attempts to be supportive nearly result in the breakup of his own relationship.

The pilot is being directed by sitcom vet James Burrows.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

Urie is currently appearing opposite Nick Jonas in the Broadway revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. He also recently made his directorial debut in the indie He’s Way More Famous Than You.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Pilots

1. ruby says:

FINALLY i have been waiting for him to get back to TV for a looong time

2. alex says:

Sounds awfully a lot like Will&Grace. Even the same director as all of W&G episodes.
    Though I really want Urie back in my screen.

3. Theo says:

So glad he is back in the tv world. Hope it gets picked up but i would’ve have found it more interesting if he played the Charlie. Now he needs to Convince America to come back as Becki and Vanessa are already in the tv world.

4. Alberto says:

OMG, this is AWESOME!!!! I missed him, i love Sophia Bush!! :D

5. 8daysaweek says:

Officially. Excited! I like Sophia Bush so I’m hoping this will be a good part for her and with Michael on board, I’m definitely in!

6. Danielle H says:

Season pass will now be set on the premiere, lol.

7. soarin829 says:

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! I have missed my weekly dose of Michael Urie so much!!

8. Juan says:

Huzzah!
    I’ve been waiting for his return to TV since before Ugly Betty wrapped.
    And I’ve been especially eager to see him reunite with Becki Newton.
    They were perfect for each other.

9. Jake says:

OMG! Will & Grace Creators, Sophia Bush, and now Michael Urie, this really needs to get picked up!!

10. Allie says:

omg yay. This pilot sounds even better than when I first heard about it. And Michael Urie is in it sweet x3

11. Danielle says:

Yay Glad to see Michael Uriel back in Primetime. I’ll definitely tune in to the pilot.

12. Captain says:

Sophia Bush is the most amazing woman ever so obviously I’m in. This sounds kind of like a mix between Will and Grace and Bridesmaids. In the best way possible of course.

13. Annie says:

YES!!! Michael Urie AND Sophia Bush? I am so excited!

14. kessa says:

OMG this is awesome. its about time we get a decent sitcom and who better to deliver us one than the creators of WILL & GRACE!!! so excited. i love urie so this is a hit on paper – hopefull a hit on cbs too.im relying on all you americans as im british so i get given what the US audience watches.

15. S says:

AWESOME!!! I cant wait! I hope it gets picked up. He is such a genious

16. pjm says:

Thank goodness the handsome and wonderfully talented Michael Urie could be coming back to TV! Can’t wait – loovvee him!!

17. Terrific article! This is the type of info that
    should be shared across the internet. Disgrace on the seek engines for not positioning this put up higher!
    Come on over and seek advice from my website . Thank
    you =)