Exclusive

Exclusive: The L Word's Kate Moennig Joins Showtime's Ray Donovan Pilot

Liev Schreiber’s Showtime P.I. is getting a helping hand in the form of L Word alumna Kate Moennig.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Moennig has joined Showtime’s Ray Donovan pilot in the role of Lena, the titular sleuth’s edgy and intense “second in command.”

Second Friends Reunion Set for Showtime’s Web Therapy

Promising “a novelistic look at contemporary Los Angeles,” Ray Donovan stars Schreiber as a professional trouble-shooter who is regularly called on to solve the complicated, confidential and controversial problems of L.A.’s elite.

Other announced cast members for the pilot include Jon Voight as Ray’s father Mickey Donovan, Paula Malcomson as Ray’s wife Abby, Elliott Gould in the recurring role of Ray’s mentor and confidante, Dash Mihok and Marsan as Ray’s brothers, and Pooch Hall (The Game) as Daryll, a boxer in training.

Exclusive: The Big C Promotes Gabourey Sidibe to Series Regular

In addition to her run as The L Word‘s Shane, Moennig’s previous TV credits include Three Rivers and Young Americans. ON the big screen, she has appeared in films such as Everybody’s Fine and the upcoming Gone, opposite Amanda Seyfried.

Created and executive-produced by Ann Biderman (Southland), Ray Donovan begins production soon in Los Angeles.

1. Ana says:

The premise of this show sounds an awful lot like.the new Shonda Rhimes drama, Scandal. Although I’m sure this will be much edgier….

2. Jessica says:

I just need Kate Moennig back on my TV. And the fact that it’s airing on Sho makes me squeal with joy. Seriously, Kate Moennig back on my TV nao.

3. George Otwori says:

Hopefully this show can meet the standards that Veronica Mars and Terriers has set for the P.I. genre. Especially Terriers, FX dropped the ball on that one. To me its like if AMC had canceled Breaking Bad after the first season.

4. Chapel says:

Looking forward to the new pilot. Ann Biderman never disappoints. Great line up of cast members! Very nice to see Ms. Katherine Moenning cast. She can deliver “edgy” & is an extreme talent.

5. Peppermintpatty says:

Kate Moennig needs to get back onto our TV screens. She has a unique presence about her on screen…so unlike many Hollywood starlets today!

6. Lili says:

K.Moennig back on tv: it was high time; can’t wait.

7. anonymous says:

Something about her reminds me of Kristen Stewart, which is not a good thing.

8. Lindsey says:

Right on! she’s a great actress and I look forward to seeing a new role from her.

9. Angel says:

So glad to see Kate back on tv. Miss The L Word sooo much!

10. Olivia alfred says:

I love her.shes jst good n i look foward to seeing her in new movies.

11. morris says:

kristen stewart always looks like she’s about to throw up, and her speaking roles are limited. Kate has actual presence….glad to see her coming back :)

12. nikki says:

Get it Kate! My wife and I loved you in The L Word…. look forward to seeing ya again. Congrats.

13. amanda says:

Can’t weight, love her sooo much! So cute!

14. Taylor says:

I don’t think old L Word fans should get so intensely excited. She’s a good actress, yes, but this isn’t Shane. So going into this missing the L Word will only set you up for disappointment. Particularly if they throw her in bed with a guy.

15. shane says:

ben cok büyük bi hayranıyım kate n hatta hastasıyım keşke tanışabilseydm sophbet edebilseydm onunla….kate moennigi flimlerde daha cok görmek isterdm, cok kaliteli bi oyuncu bence I LOVE kate:)))

16. danielle says:

i think kate is so hot miss her in the lword im looking forward to seeing her sexy ass on tv again

17. Charls says:

So good to hear! Kate is truely an extreay gifted actress and I’m hoping that Hollywood sees more of her. Not many actors/actresses can pull off work with such raw feeling through few words. A very inspirational woman. Bravo! xx

18. t says:

i dont care what she does in the new series! As long as she is on my screen she can practically do whatever. Kate on screen is better than no kate on screen. Even if they threw her in bed with a guy.

19. nat says:

love to see her again on my tv screen i miss her …. i fell in love with her character (shane)

20. Sassi says: