TVLine Items: Colbert Report Halts Production, Y&R Star Spoofs Abdul on Castle and More

Comedy Central has temporarily suspended production on The Colbert Report due to “unforeseen circumstances.”

While no official reason for the abrupt work stoppage was given, the Wall Street Journal reports that host Stephen Colbert was pulled away because of a family emergency.

Repeat episodes of the satirical late-night series will air for the remainder of the week.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Chloe Sevigny has booked a juicy guest spot on an upcoming episode of Law & Order: SVU, TVLine has confirmed. Per TVGuide.com, the Big Love alumna will play a stay-at-home mom who is attacked and abducted while video-chatting with her out-of-town husband.

• Castle has nabbed Young and the Restless fave Lauralee Bell to spoof Paula Abdul on the series’ March 19 episode, TV Guide Magazine reports, which investigates the murder of a contestant on the reality series A Night of Dance. What’s more, the installment is slated to air immediately following the Dancing With the Stars premiere.

• Ghost Hunters‘ co-lead investigator Grant Wilson is departing the Syfy docu-series. His final episode will air Wednesday, May 16.

• Jenny McCarthy has been named the new host of NBC’s dating series Love in the Wild, which begins production on its second season this month. Earlier this week it was also reported that VH1 is developing a talk show for the boastful blonde.

• Fox has ordered an English-language version of Univision’s Jennifer Lopez-produced Q’Viva! The Chosen, to premiere on March 3. The “docu-journey” reality series is slated to run in two-hour installments for five weeks, leading up to its April 7 finale.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (8)

• I saw some internet rumors this morning that the Colbert Report has been canceled, but I don’t buy that for a second. I think people are just making crap up about the show to create drama. I believe it really must be a family emergency, and probably a pretty bad one for them to go dark for 3 nights. I will think good thoughts for you, Stephen, I hope everything works out okay. Hugs to you.

Comment by Amber – February 16, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Colbert shut down?!? Where will the nation’s smug idiots get their news?

Comment by El Kabong – February 16, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely not where the morons ruining the country get theirs… Fox News of course.

Comment by mst3k – February 16, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • A dig at Fox News *and* your screen name is “mst3k”? I think I love you.

Comment by Sienna – February 16, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know what? I don’t care who you are, when the rumor is that someone’s mother is dying, you act like a decent human being — whether or not you agree with that person’s politics. I’d pick smug any day of the week over heartless.

Comment by MichelleR – February 16, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My prayers are with the Colbert family; may the “emergency” be minor.

Comment by Von – February 16, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry to hear that about a family emergency, presuming the report is accurate. I hope whatever happened will turn out okay for Stephen and his family.

Comment by Angela – February 16, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Prayers and thoughts to Colbert and his family, you know just in case… I’m sure we’ll get to find out what happened soon enough.

Comment by Julie – February 17, 2012 04:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post