Pilot Scoop: Terry O'Quinn Joins Supernatural Drama, Ali Larter Spies CIA Series and More!

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Smoke Monster? That’s so last decade. Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn is set to do battle with some new supernatural beings on ABC’s drama pilot 666 Park Avenue.

Based on the novels by the same name, 666 centers on a couple who, upon deciding to manage an historic New York apartment complex, begins experiencing strange and supernatural occurrences. Per our sister site Deadline, O’Quinn will co-star as the owner of the creepy building.

Pilot Season Lingo Guide (Including the ‘Scary’ Second Position), Plus a List of Picked-Up Pilots

In other pilot news…

Ali Larter has landed the lead role in Fox’s buzzy spy drama, The Asset. The Heroes alumna will play a New York-based CIA agent living a “normal life” as a photojournalist.

• Perfect Couples‘ Hayes MacArthur and Better Off Ted‘s Malcolm Barrett have joined the cast of Fox’s comedy Rebounding, Deadline reports, playing members of a pickup basketball league who help the series’ leading man recover from the death of his fiancée. (Fun fact: MacArthur and Larter are married in real-life.)

• One Life to Live‘s Kearran Giovanni (ex-Vivian) will co-star on TNT’s upcoming Closer spinoff, Major Crimes. Per Deadline, the actress will play an ambitious undercover detective.

Toni Trucks (Twilight‘s Breaking Dawn, Part 2) has been cast in the CBS legal drama Baby Big Shot, playing the leading lady’s edgy friend and secretary.

Running Wilde alumna Stefania Owen will play the titular character’s rebellious sister in The CW’s Sex and the City prequel, The Carrie Diaries, EW.com reports.

Which pilot castings piqued your interest?

Comments (12)

• I wonder of if The Asset is going to try and be the new Chuck? I hope not, never been an Ali Larter fan.

Comment by Carmichael – February 15, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i would prefer the Asset to be the new Alias. and based on Larter’s performance in Heroes, I think she could pull it off.

Comment by cj – February 15, 2012 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw the title and thought Terry O Quinn was joining Supernatural. I would have loved to see him tangle with the Winchesters.

Comment by Dean – February 15, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • :P that make 2 of us, I only went to see this article cause I thought I saw ”Supernatural” in the title

Comment by Katie1227 – February 15, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • love terry o’quinn from his Chris Carter days in Millennium and Harsh Realm.

Comment by Tikkanen – February 15, 2012 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ali Larter played a great mom in Heroes. Too bad in the end they killed her mom character and added the stereotypical slut character.

Comment by Dianna – February 15, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ali larter as a spy? i’m interested.
    the daughter from Running Wilde? i always liked her, thank goodness she got another job.

Comment by cj – February 15, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very intrigued by The Asset. A blonde Alias is something perfectly acceptable to do!
    And WTF, Carrie Bradshaw has a sister(s)??? When? Where? Really?

Comment by Stacy – February 15, 2012 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. Finally a show with Terry I can watch. I love him but I could not stand watching Hawaii 50. That show is awful.
    Good for Terry!!!!!

Comment by Sam – February 16, 2012 02:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope CBS don’t pick up the Legal Drama, cause the chance for renewal of The Good Wife will go down ;/

Comment by Raykov – February 16, 2012 03:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So does this mean Terry will no longer be on Hawaii 5-0?
    Ugh, all these casting reports and still no news on when Tom Welling will be on my tv again.

Comment by Dee – February 16, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boy this’ll teach me to read more carefully and not just skim over things. I read the headline as Terry O’Quinn joining Supernatural. Oh Joy!!! Then I read the article…BUMMER! I’d love for him to join my boys the Winchesters and teach them about fighting monsters the Lost way.

Comment by gcem – February 16, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post